PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young, anyone?

ELAYAS
05-01-2012, 12:02 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/QB-Vince-Young-to-work-out-for-Bills/6b37ce83-1f6d-4f34-9349-4f409477e1c1

edit: he's gotta be better than thigpen, right?

justasportsfan
05-01-2012, 12:04 PM
doesn't hurt. Chan is an average qb's dream coach.

Ed
05-01-2012, 12:08 PM
I'd be intrigued.

Dream Team II?

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Not the biggest fan but anyone is better than Thigpen.

jimbohastle51
05-01-2012, 12:11 PM
better backup option in this offense than thigpen has shown to be and he is still young enough to improve.

buffalobillsfan95
05-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Idk guys... If he thought that titans fans hurt his feelings, then he is not going to be be happy at all in buffalo haha

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Idk guys... If he thought that titans fans hurt his feelings, then he is not going to be be happy at all in buffalo haha
He's down in the dumps right now. Hopefully rock bottom has come and past for him and he'll rebound.

Pinkerton Security
05-01-2012, 12:20 PM
may as well bring in jamarcus russell too.

djjimkelly
05-01-2012, 12:23 PM
not sure what i think of this wow at least we'll have a fun backup in madden lol

buffalobillsfan95
05-01-2012, 12:24 PM
He's down in the dumps right now. Hopefully rock bottom has come and past for him and he'll rebound.
Well I hope so, I understand why we would pursue him. He is a mobile threat and a able to make the throws gailey wants. I think thigpen was more of a emergency back up choice, because he is already familiar with our system. Now I think we are in a fase to now develop a qb of our own.

ThunderGun
05-01-2012, 12:24 PM
He's better than Thigpen, but then all the message board GM's would be calling for VY to start as soon as Fitz throws his first INT. That would be pretty annoying.

billsburgh
05-01-2012, 12:27 PM
uh, NO. he was so bad last year that the Eagles would rather have Trent Edwards over him.

ddaryl
05-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Vince Young has the potential to be better then average. Pigpen has the potential to be average.

If they can work with his mental issues then I'm all for it over Pigpen

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2012, 12:28 PM
I hate it when the media douches call him VY. He hasn't earned that kind of cred yet to own the initials.

X-Era
05-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Why the hell not? Vet min contract and let him battle with Thigpen for the backup spot.

Fixxxer
05-01-2012, 12:33 PM
I don't have a problem with Young if he puts the effort to be a good QB and teammate.
I think he could be an interesting project but it all depends on his attitude towards another chance in the league.

mikemac2001
05-01-2012, 12:36 PM
may as well bring in jamarcus russell too.

Thats an insult

say what you want about vince young but he is far from a jamarcus russell

mikemac2001
05-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Vince young > thigpen

DrGraves
05-01-2012, 12:37 PM
doesn't seen to be a good character fit IMO

mrbojanglezs
05-01-2012, 12:40 PM
doesn't seen to be a good character fit IMO

For both the city and the team I agree

Pinkerton Security
05-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Thats an insult

say what you want about vince young but he is far from a jamarcus russell

well, i got my point across. i dont want vince anywhere near buffalo.

THATHURMANATOR
05-01-2012, 12:43 PM
I like it actually.

mayotm
05-01-2012, 12:44 PM
I don't have a problem with Young if he puts the effort to be a good QB and teammate.
I think he could be an interesting project but it all depends on his attitude towards another chance in the league.Why would he start putting in the effort and being a good teammate now? He's rarely done so in the past.

Skooby
05-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Anyone but Pigpen.

Mindbender
05-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Would love this. No brainer. Dump Thigpen.

Fixxxer
05-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Why would he start putting in the effort and being a good teammate now? He's rarely done so in the past.

Because this might be his last chance to accomplish something as a profesional football player? Maybe he stops messing around and starts taking his career more seriously.

mayotm
05-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Because this might be his last chance to accomplish something as a profesional football player? Maybe he stops messing around and starts taking his career more seriously.Maybe. That would be great.

tatersalad
05-01-2012, 12:56 PM
on a positive side he won in High School actually carried the Longhorns to a National Title.. so he has Won and i think his record in the Pros are 30-17 as a starter, could be worse

RandolphDuke
05-01-2012, 12:56 PM
uh, NO. he was so bad last year that the Eagles would rather have Trent Edwards over him.
Let's not say things we can't take back.

Syderick
05-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Sure give him a shot, it may even work out

mayotm
05-01-2012, 12:59 PM
on a positive side he won in High School actually carried the Longhorns to a National Title.. so he has Won and i think his record in the Pros are 30-17 as a starter, could be worse
He's been portrayed as a "me first" kind of guy in the NFL. That would be the negative to bringing him in. That stated, if they sign him and he earns a spot on the team this summer, I'm not opposed to the move.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-01-2012, 01:00 PM
There is nothing wrong with a team working out a player, if he sticks, good for the team. If not, oh well. I think some of us put too much thought into things like this.

tatersalad
05-01-2012, 01:02 PM
He's been portrayed as a "me first" kind of guy in the NFL. That would be the negative to bringing him in. That stated, if they sign him and he earns a spot on the team this summer, I'm not opposed to the move.

He wins!!! tell me the last Bills QB that has a better than 500 record, I hope he comes in and makes fitzpatrick better by pushing him for his starting Job, competition is a great motivator

mayotm
05-01-2012, 01:06 PM
He wins!!! tell me the last Bills QB that has a better than 500 record, I hope he comes in and makes fitzpatrick better by pushing him for his starting Job, competition is a great motivatorI didn't state that he doesn't win nor did I state I was against the Bills signing him. I'm simply pointing out that he has reputation of being a distraction. The perception is that he is a bad teammate.

ddaryl
05-01-2012, 01:07 PM
He wins!!! tell me the last Bills QB that has a better than 500 record, I hope he comes in and makes fitzpatrick better by pushing him for his starting Job, competition is a great motivator

His best years where his 1st 2 years in the league where he was allowed to run the ball when he felt the need.

When they try to keep him in the pocket his entire game seems to suffer.

yeah I don't think Fitzpatrick is the kind of player that needs that kind of motivation. He is self motivated, and dedicated. With the team around him improved I fully expect Fitz to show improvement.

the Vince Young wins argument is weak, as I view it as a Flutie-ish reality. He wins on the back of decent teams around him, he doesn't dictate the majority of those wins

Philagape
05-01-2012, 01:07 PM

I'd rather have Trent Edwards than Thigpen, so that cancels out.

Besides, it was Young who chose to not re-sign there so he could get a chance to be starter.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/01/report-bills-will-give-vince-young-a-tryout/

Would you rather have Thigpen over Young?

Mahdi
05-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Vince Young was really coming on as a passer before he got injured and then had problems with Jeff Fisher.

This guy can be a very good QB so I would jump all over this and make him the backup.

Guys like Vince just need to get their confidence back and he will be able to return to the days when he was running through NFL defenses and making big throws.

tatersalad
05-01-2012, 01:10 PM
I didn't state that he doesn't win nor did I state I was against the Bills signing him. I'm simply pointing out that he has reputation of being a distraction. The perception is that he is a bad teammate.
and my point is we have had the " good teammate" thing for 13 years I just wanna see a good product on the field hell I'd taake a few me guys right now to win some games... I even feel like we have enough leaders on the team to check that

mikemac2001
05-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Vince Young was really coming on as a passer before he got injured and then had problems with Jeff Fisher.

This guy can be a very good QB so I would jump all over this and make him the backup.

Guys like Vince just need to get their confidence back and he will be able to return to the days when he was running through NFL defenses and making big throws.

take a chance on him not gonna cost a lot and has big upside

Mahdi
05-01-2012, 01:24 PM
While were at it lets trade for Reggie Bush and we will have the top 3 picks from the 2006 NFL draft!

Mahdi
05-01-2012, 01:27 PM
His best years where his 1st 2 years in the league where he was allowed to run the ball when he felt the need.

When they try to keep him in the pocket his entire game seems to suffer.

yeah I don't think Fitzpatrick is the kind of player that needs that kind of motivation. He is self motivated, and dedicated. With the team around him improved I fully expect Fitz to show improvement.

the Vince Young wins argument is weak, as I view it as a Flutie-ish reality. He wins on the back of decent teams around him, he doesn't dictate the majority of those wins
That's not true at all.

Young was instrumental and often was the playmaker leading his team to those wins. I remember an 8 game stretch or something like that where he was just carrying the Titans to wins. One against us I believe.

PTI
05-01-2012, 01:33 PM
That's not true at all.

Young was instrumental and often was the playmaker leading his team to those wins. I remember an 8 game stretch or something like that where he was just carrying the Titans to wins. One against us I believe.

Very true. Young is more of a proven clutch performer than Fitzpatrick.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=YounVi00

7 4th quarter comebacks and 13 game winning drives in 50 starts and 61 total games.

Fitz has 5 4th quarter comebacks and 6 game winning drives and to me it still means something to win. Young is 31-19 as a starter and Fitz is 13-21-1. They basically have the same QB rating but one guy loses all the time.

DrGraves
05-01-2012, 01:35 PM
I say we stay focused on pulling Drew Brees out of that trainwreck in NOLA. Probably be superbowl favs with him at the trigger.

lol

Saratoga Slim
05-01-2012, 01:46 PM
I can see why Chan would be interested in Vince's athleticism.

Not sure I feel strongly one way or another. The Bills might not yet either...they haven't signed him yet. But glad that they're bringing him in and reviewing him as an option.

Draft's not even cold yet and they're again looking for ways to improve!

Meathead
05-01-2012, 02:10 PM
he's gotta be better than thigpen, right?
um no he does not

i didnt want thigpen here in the first place, and he has looked super crappy against preseason scrubs, but one thing about him is he is a gamer. we never got to see it here but he raises his production from crappy to barely acceptable when the games count. woo hoo

crazy vince, on the other hand, looked lost and over his head most of the time in philly. really surprising and very concerning that even fat andy and marty morninghair couldnt get decent play out of him at this stage of his career

if anybody can get him straightened out its chan, but frankly im really worried vince doesnt have anything left to give that we havent already seen. and if thats the case they hell yeah he can be worse than thigpen

tho it would be fun to see him try so i hope he gets invited to camp. can chan work his qb swami magic? will thigpens system familiarity help him keep his job? will they give aaron corp the cardboard locker with wheels? find out on these are the days of our backup quarterback lives

SquishDaFish
05-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Very true. Young is more of a proven clutch performer than Fitzpatrick.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=YounVi00

7 4th quarter comebacks and 13 game winning drives in 50 starts and 61 total games.

Fitz has 5 4th quarter comebacks and 6 game winning drives and to me it still means something to win. Young is 31-19 as a starter and Fitz is 13-21-1. They basically have the same QB rating but one guy loses all the time.

Of course you have to chime in with your anti-Fitz comments. LISTEN ONE MORE TIME WE ALL GET YOUR HATRED! Stop constantly Spewing your **** we are tired of hearing it

Prov401
05-01-2012, 02:33 PM
lol... The smartest QB and the dumbest QB on the same team. Sweet.

All seriousness, I would like the move. He does win games, and our backup QB spot needs to be upgraded. I'm sure Vince is removed from his ego by now. I think he's at the point where he's just going to appreciate having a job. I'm cool with it.

ddaryl
05-01-2012, 02:43 PM
That's not true at all.

his stats don't scream major production...... and if the QB is not producing consistently then it is a product of the team around him more so then his play. In his 1st 2 years he showed hope that he could develop into a NFL QB, but he never really did. He is more of scrambler his 1st 2 years.. That only gets you so far in this league, and he has regressed ever since.

Bottom line if VY just wins games he wouldn't have a such a hard time finding backup work... He'd be a starter and a bunch of teams would be competing for his services.

He brings some intangibles that help, and he should be better the Thigpen, but there is a reason he is available with very little in offers to play for another team... and NOBODY wants him as a starter

BillsOverDolphins
05-01-2012, 02:45 PM
I'll echo what others have said here: ANYONE BUT THIGPEN

Raptor
05-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Horrible move

Ill just flat out say it, he's not smart enough to play QB in the NFL

PTI
05-01-2012, 02:52 PM
lol... The smartest QB and the dumbest QB on the same team. Sweet.

All seriousness, I would like the move. He does win games, and our backup QB spot needs to be upgraded. I'm sure Vince is removed from his ego by now. I think he's at the point where he's just going to appreciate having a job. I'm cool with it.

Actually the smartest dumb QB and the dumbest smart QB in the NFL. For as smart as people like to say Fitz is dude consistently throws into triple coverage and thinks he can run over linebackers, consistenly the dumbest (supposedly) smart QB in the NFL.

tampabay25690
05-01-2012, 03:13 PM
I dont think some of you have a clue sometimes..............SORRY

WHY NOT........
He has talent and he is a veteran will only help Fitz in being a better QB.
Isn't trying to make your team better the name of the game???

buffalobillsfan95
05-01-2012, 03:26 PM
I understand that you all don't like thigpen, but why do y'all care so much? Let's be real, Ryan Fitzpatrick, thigpen, brad smith, corp, and even young if we sign him, will not be our franchise quarterback. We already have our major pieces together besides qb. Fitz isnt bad, however he most likely won't win us the super bowl. So why care about the back up position when we are not even set a starting qb? Either way it won't be the qb winning games this season, it will be our defense and offensive play makers, that's why we pursued Williams instead of manning, because we knew that we were so unstable all around that even the best qb wouldn't help us. So to summarize it, sure we could upgrade at back up, but let's find our franchise guy before we really stress about it.

ddaryl
05-01-2012, 03:31 PM
I
WHY NOT........

although I have no problems with the attempt to upgrade the backup position. I fail to see how VY would make Fitz better in any scenario

SquishDaFish
05-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Actually the smartest dumb QB and the dumbest smart QB in the NFL. For as smart as people like to say Fitz is dude consistently throws into triple coverage and thinks he can run over linebackers, consistenly the dumbest (supposedly) smart QB in the NFL.
STFU already!! Damn bro your growing into one of the most annoying posters of all time. Did Fitz steal your boyfriend or something. **** man get over it

TerrellOwensSharpie8
05-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Uhhhhhh YES.......bring him to camp on a contract if he sucks or is a disruptive person, cut him. If not you just got yourself a backup who still has the POTENTIAL to be a very good starting QB.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
05-01-2012, 03:45 PM
I dont think some of you have a clue sometimes..............SORRY

WHY NOT........

This X100000

Philagape
05-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Horrible move

Ill just flat out say it, he's not smart enough to play QB in the NFL

His body of work suggests otherwise. He is at least qualified to bring in for a look.

If he's as bad as some say he is, then he won't make the team.

There will be 90 guys in camp, and IMO it's safe to say that some of them suck and don't belong in the NFL. It happens every summer. We'll survive Vince Young.

Night Train
05-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Not the biggest fan but anyone is better than Thigpen.

This.

All things being equal,we'd hope there would be more options than Vince Young.

There isn't

The Bills knew Fitz had broken ribs...and still wouldn't play Thigpen.

I think they would have played Vince Young, if he was here last season.

Much like McKelvin, they have basically stated they cannot put Thigpen on the field if they wish to win.

I know he's a headcase..and he's still 10 times better than what we have.

Unless we have a trade in mind,sign him and know he can make winning plays in relief of an injured Fitz.

YardRat
05-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Not a Vince Young fan, and never have been...called him a high bust potential prior to the draft.

That being said, it doesn't hurt to bring him in and kick the tires. Back-up QB is one of the positions that wasn't addressed at the start of FA or the draft, so kudos to the front office for acknowledging an upgrade is still needed and still putting the effort in to at least try to improve the team.

Dozerdog
05-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Bring Young in

If he actually threatens to take Fitz's job as the #1, shame on Fitz

Way better option than Smith or Thigpen. Actually saves us a roster spot by giving us a little bit of both of those guys- primary backup and the gimmick-guy

Leaves us a roster spot to develop someone as the #3 QB

baalworship
05-01-2012, 04:48 PM
It comes down to this. We NEED to make the playoffs. Chan Gailey, Buddy Nix, and long suffering Bills fans need to make the playoffs.

With all the scary NFL D Linemen very few QB's will not go down at some point. Thigpen gives us zero chance of winning. VY might be able to win a game or two if Fitz misses a few games.

Get him in here.

Raptor
05-01-2012, 04:51 PM
His body of work suggests otherwise. He is at least qualified to bring in for a look.

His body of work does not suggest otherwise. They had to dumb down the offense at Texas to 5 plays and then again at Tenn. When Tenn. tried to add to the offense he fell off a cliff

They there were reports of him being horrible in Philly in the film room and grasping the offense as a whole to the point where Reid didn't want to bring him back and signed of all people T.Edwards to take his place

I believe you have to be at a certain intelligence level to play QB in this game and Young doesn't have it

Philagape
05-01-2012, 05:14 PM
His body of work does not suggest otherwise. They had to dumb down the offense at Texas to 5 plays and then again at Tenn. When Tenn. tried to add to the offense he fell off a cliff

They there were reports of him being horrible in Philly in the film room and grasping the offense as a whole to the point where Reid didn't want to bring him back and signed of all people T.Edwards to take his place

I believe you have to be at a certain intelligence level to play QB in this game and Young doesn't have it

If you are correct, he won't make the team. Just like 40-some other guys.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-01-2012, 05:18 PM

31-19 as a starter, including leading his team to the playoffs...

hes better than thigpen, therefore it makes sense to get him and replace thigpen.

he fits gaileys offense well

god forbid we are like 10-2 and fitz gets hurt, then what the **** do we do?

mikemac2001
05-01-2012, 05:20 PM
the only reason i would be againist this is if he is a cancer to the team, he likely wont take the job from fitz and if he does fitz would be gone anyways (cut at end of year) so thats not an issue...if he is a cancer you cut young and he might be done in the league

i see no real threat at this...he fits this offense well i think its dumb not to

and PTI shutup about fitz we get it make a point about why its smart not why it is smart bc fitz is so bad

Raptor
05-01-2012, 05:44 PM
31-19 as a starter, including leading his team to the playoffs...

hes better than thigpen, therefore it makes sense to get him and replace thigpen.

he fits gaileys offense well

god forbid we are like 10-2 and fitz gets hurt, then what the **** do we do?

Yea there D def had nothing to do with that record, Im not even sure he's better than Thigpen...But he'll sure as **** be more of a distraction once Fitz has a bad game

Canadian'eh!
05-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Bring Young in

Way better option than Smith or Thigpen. Actually saves us a roster spot by giving us a little bit of both of those guys- primary backup and the gimmick-guy

Pretty much sums up what I would have posted.

There's very little risk with him right now. There were points in his time in Tenn, where he just found ways to win.

better days
05-01-2012, 06:01 PM

Wait until the REAL Games start, then tell me they would rather have Trent. I doubt he makes it out of camp, but he might, he is a decent practice QB.

Skooby
05-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Young has his moments, then he starts to think crazy.

ublinkwescore
05-01-2012, 06:13 PM
I say we stay focused on pulling Drew Brees out of that trainwreck in NOLA. Probably be superbowl favs with him at the trigger.

lol
I hope one bills drive has pondered this. I would part with our next two first round draft picks for brees in a heartbeat.

PTI
05-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Owens was fine here,Young would be too.

Philagape
05-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Im not even sure he's better than Thigpen

Let's find out.

He'd also be a better wildcat QB than Brad Smith

BillsOverDolphins
05-01-2012, 06:21 PM
He'll make a much better back-up than Thigpen...that's what it comes down to. If he tries to commit suicide again--and succeeds--then his contract is off the books and we have an open roster spot again. The endgame is we won't have Thigpen on our roster, which = win.

The Jokeman
05-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Well Young is better than Tebow, isn't he?

Mr Bills
05-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Career reocrd of 31 - 19, yet not good enough to be the all mighty Bills backup QB haha

EDS
05-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Vince Young appears unreliable at this point in his NFL career, so there is likely little value in bringing him in. Not sure a coach can cure what ails him.

gr8slayer
05-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Vince Young appears unreliable at this point in his NFL career, so there is likely little value in bringing him in. Not sure a coach can cure what ails him.
He's a guy that has all the talent in the world, but has 1/4 of the brain power needed to be a franchise QB.

X-Era
05-01-2012, 07:40 PM
He's a guy that has all the talent in the world, but has 1/4 of the brain power needed to be a franchise QB.How much does he need to hold a clipboard?

ddaryl
05-01-2012, 07:41 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/05/01/nix-offers-clarity-on-young-workout/

BillsOverDolphins
05-01-2012, 07:44 PM
How much does he need to hold a clipboard?

More than what Thigpen has, b/c he can't even play catch on the sidelines.

Marvelous
05-01-2012, 07:47 PM
omg! i hope not.
---FYI- this dudes wonderlic was dead on. Where most times it's irrelevant.
-So what if he's better then Thigpen. Lets face it, it Fitz goes down we are screwed. Vince Young is-not a commander! Thigpen is. Young is better in every catergory except the one that counts the most= leadership!

-The Ralph will never allow it anyways.

gr8slayer
05-01-2012, 07:52 PM
omg! i hope not.
-So what if he's better then Thigpen. Lets face it, it Fitz goes down we are screwed. Vince Young is-not a commander! Thigpen is. Young is better in every catergory except the one that counts the most= leadership!

I don't know... if reports are to be believe, the interest sounds legitimate.

Skooby
05-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Thigpen or Vince Young?? I'd take VY all day, at least you could lose interesting versus just losing.

ServoBillieves
05-01-2012, 09:15 PM
omg! i hope not.

I'm sorry, I legit don't want to be a jerk here, but why are your messages so confusing? The whole - before messages and paragraph separation thing makes 0 sense. I know it's a message board but the simplicity of making 9th grade English messages shouldn't be that hard.

Anyways... As a back up, Vince is serviceable, but Thigpen is just a joke. Thigpen was a simple lynch-pin in a long term situation. Chan had worked with him in KC, and he thought he would be the answer if Fitz went down, but Fitzy flourished in his system before injuries. Fitz will continue to do well (nobody cares what PTI thinks) and giving him weapons just shows what we can do with him.

If he falls off the wagon this year, then I will eat all of the crows from the Disney movies, but otherwise I feel that Vince will be a good backup in the league for a while. I would enjoy him on the Bills roster.

YardRat
05-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Vince Young is jealous of Morris Claiborne's wonderlic score.

Billsfan3
05-01-2012, 10:14 PM
i like him as a backup qb if fitz does not get it done you can hope young can do something. Also i think young could run a little wild cat to

Slim
05-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Tweets
2h Vince Young Vince Young ‏ @VinceYoung

Thanks to all my true fans! Much Love my next journey is beginning.
Expand

--

Vince Young's last tweet.

Beebe
05-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Vince OLD might play better in a spread out offense like ours.

Night Train
05-02-2012, 04:20 AM
Tweets

He's joining the seminary ?
:father:

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2012, 04:54 AM
Yea there D def had nothing to do with that record, Im not even sure he's better than Thigpen...But he'll sure as **** be more of a distraction once Fitz has a bad game

2 way street man...

even dilfer for the 2000 ravens put up some decent points...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rav/2000.htm

YardRat
05-02-2012, 06:12 AM
I'd rather have Tanney than either Young or Thigpen.

better days
05-02-2012, 06:50 AM
I'd rather have Tanney than either Young or Thigpen.

Tanny is a Fin now & unavailable. He should become available in 2-3 years after the Fins cut him.

Skooby
05-02-2012, 07:07 AM
Tweets

Expand

--

We'll love you Vince, come home to our asylum.

Extremebillsfan247
05-02-2012, 08:14 AM
We'll love you Vince, come home to our asylum.His padded room at St. John Fisher is ready. :biggrin:

Jaybird
05-02-2012, 09:14 AM
without a question we should bring him in. He have enough leadership and character on the team that can mentor vince. ASlso, we have a coach who knows what to do with a mobile QB. Vince should be the backup! If Fitz starts off slow put him in

Maximilli
05-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Wouldnt mind at all sign him

SquishDaFish
05-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Tweets

Expand

--

May 1st 8:49PM. Thats not really recent. That was before he even tried out. Just letting you know

TMu11
05-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Tanny is a Fin now & unavailable. He should become available in 2-3 years after the Fins cut him.

I guess we can settle with Tanney!

Can you imagine the announcers playing it up in 5 years...

Tanney vs Tanny - The NFLs most intense rivalry returns with another Bills vs Dolphins game... Dolphins are coming off their second 0-16 season and the Bills obviously won the Super Bowl yet again ...

Sorry.. started dreaming

DGreg
05-02-2012, 03:15 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1168178-nfl-free-agents-2012-bills-must-sign-vince-young-to-improve-playoff-chances

ServoBillieves
05-02-2012, 03:22 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1168178-nfl-free-agents-2012-bills-must-sign-vince-young-to-improve-playoff-chances

Bleacher report? Really?

Skooby
05-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Bleacher report? Really?

It's common sense, VY has won more games than he's lost. I wouldn't trust Thigpen with waterboy duties. You guys want depth without a competitive edge at any position ?? Does that even make sense to think that way?

Fitz is the starter, nobody is a #2 right now.

PTI
05-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Fitz is #2 who happens to be #1. Would not start for any other team in the NFL except the Browns, perhaps. Not even good enough to be #2 on many teams.

SquishDaFish
05-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Fitz is #2 who happens to be #1. Would not start for any other team in the NFL except the Browns, perhaps. Not even good enough to be #2 on many teams.

ENOUGH Already goddammit man. Your soo ****ing annoying

Slim
05-02-2012, 04:09 PM
May 1st 8:49PM. Thats not really recent. That was before he even tried out. Just letting you know

Did you see when I posted it?

I posted it a few hours after he put it on Twitter. I just though it was an interesting comment. Players typically visit a team (especially this late in free agency) without an inclination on whether they will sign or not.

SquishDaFish
05-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Did you see when I posted it?

I posted it a few hours after he put it on Twitter. I just though it was an interesting comment. Players typically visit a team (especially this late in free agency) without an inclination on whether they will sign or not.

Sorry bout that bro. Just didnt want anyone to think he said that after his visit thats all

Slim
05-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Sorry bout that bro. Just didnt want anyone to think he said that after his visit thats all

:up: It's all good.

YardRat
05-02-2012, 04:41 PM

I hope you're just trying to be a smartass.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2012, 08:26 PM

fitz when healthy is ranked anywhere from 10-15... hes a borderline pro bowl qb when hes on...

you need medication. did you forget the comeback game vs the pats and bellicheat? did you forget the stats he put up and the o we had on a **** team in 010? do you remeber he was the hottest qb during the 1st half of the season before he got hurt along with all our skill players and 3 starting olineman..???

hello? anyone home?

gr8slayer
05-02-2012, 08:29 PM
fitz when healthy is ranked anywhere from 10-15... hes a borderline pro bowl qb when hes on...

you need medication. did you forget the comeback game vs the pats and bellicheat? did you forget the stats he put up and the o we had on a **** team in 010? do you remeber he was the hottest qb during the 1st half of the season before he got hurt along with all our skill players and 3 starting olineman..???

hello? anyone home?
Are you doing a bit, or are you serious when you post stuff like this?

mjt328
05-02-2012, 08:41 PM
I don't see any downside to signing Vince Young.

We need a veteran quarterback (or two) to compete with Thigpen for the backup job. A developmental rookie would not be ready to play if Fitz went down for a considerable amount of time.

Young is easily the most physically talented free agent quarterback available. He's also won more games than any free agent quarterback available.

He wouldn't command a big contract. And as a backup quarterback - getting likely his last chance in the big leagues - I doubt he could have much of a negative effect on the locker room chemistry.

WORST CASE, he sucks and causes some problems in the locker room. So we cut him and we are back to square one.

BEST CASE, Chan is able to pull out some of that talent that made him the #3 pick in the draft six years ago, and we've got legitimate talent at the quarterback position.

gr8slayer
05-02-2012, 08:47 PM

We need a veteran quarterback (or two) to compete with Thigpen for the backup job. A developmental rookie would not be ready to play if Fitz went down for a considerable amount of time.

Young is easily the most physically talented free agent quarterback available. He's also won more games than any free agent quarterback available.

He wouldn't command a big contract. And as a backup quarterback - getting likely his last chance in the big leagues - I doubt he could have much of a negative effect on the locker room chemistry.

WORST CASE, he sucks and causes some problems in the locker room. So we cut him and we are back to square one.

BEST CASE, Chan is able to pull out some of that talent that made him the #3 pick in the draft six years ago, and we've got legitimate talent at the quarterback position.I agree, it's a low-risk situation, especially if he'll accept the fact that he won't be looked at as a potential starter.

Dr. Lecter
05-02-2012, 09:37 PM
So he would not start in Arizona?

Your obsession is scary and makes it difficult to read anything you post. Your hatred blinds any level of objectivity you could have if you so desired

gr8slayer
05-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Dolphins fan?

PTI
05-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Dolphins fan?

Love the Bills. Hate that the Bills have a bad QB who they for some reason believe is even an average NFL starter in Fitz.

Skooby
05-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Love the Bills. Hate that the Bills have a bad QB who they for some reason believe is even an average NFL starter in Fitz.

Your hate for our main starter is unwarranted, his health literally made & broke this team last season. Do you really think that we lose 8 of 9 is he is as healthy as the first 7 games played?

gr8slayer
05-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Honestly, he may not be amongst the best QB's in the league, but he gives you a chance to win every week. What more can you ask for from a guy? Whom would you suggest the Bills go get right now to replace him?

Skooby
05-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Have you studied his history of behavior? The dude has issues that become ours based on accepting him the way he has been. If they write a contact, it better be sanity related, he's a complete wildcard.

BEST CASE, Chan is able to pull out some of that talent that made him the #3 pick in the draft six years ago, and we've got legitimate talent at the quarterback position.

#1 pick
05-03-2012, 12:48 AM
omg! i hope not.

His wonderlic was a 15 which is below average. That might be dead on but his football skills are top tier. To harp on his wonderlic is like saying Fitz>>>Dan Marino.

PTI
05-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Honestly, he may not be amongst the best QB's in the league, but he gives you a chance to win every week. What more can you ask for from a guy? Whom would you suggest the Bills go get right now to replace him?

Obviously there were plenty of guys the Bills could have got. They passed on all of them.

Any QB gives you a chance every week. Can't ask any more at all from him, he is severely limited and cannot do any better than outside the top 20, below average, he is what he is. Vince Young without a doubt would be a better option to start over Fitz, as would many other backups in the NFL that never got a chance to actually start like people made the case for Fitz before he was allowed to be the starter and be allowed to remain starter despite being a bad starting NFL QB who remains outside the top 20 and does not lead his team to victories. Even a guy like Shaun Hill would be worth taking a shot at instead of Fitzpatrick, he has much better career numbers, SIGNIFICANTLY better career numbers and has had no chance to start. Jason Campbell had a different OC ever year in college and every single season in the NFL and managed to play better than Fitzpatrick ever did, he is a much better option. Basically anyone can fart 4 wins, Tarvarious Jackson and Seattle won 8 games last year, Matt Moore and Miami won 6 and their replacements were drafted yet mediocrity stands pat with Fitzpatrick.

SquishDaFish
05-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Pti your a crap poster here at the zone

PTI
05-03-2012, 01:07 PM

Typical response when in it impossible to dispute anything I put down.

SquishDaFish
05-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Your not worth the time to even debate it. Its old now seeing every post that you put on here is **** talking about fitz. Hes our damn starter get used to it

Skooby
05-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Your not worth the time to even debate it. Its old now seeing every post that you put on here is **** talking about fitz. Hes our damn starter get used to it

Agendas are a funny thing.

zone
05-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Obviously there were plenty of guys the Bills could have got. They passed on all of them.

Any QB gives you a chance every week. Can't ask any more at all from him, he is severely limited and cannot do any better than outside the top 20, below average, he is what he is. Vince Young without a doubt would be a better option to start over Fitz, as would many other backups in the NFL that never got a chance to actually start like people made the case for Fitz before he was allowed to be the starter and be allowed to remain starter despite being a bad starting NFL QB who remains outside the top 20 and does not lead his team to victories. Even a guy like Shaun Hill would be worth taking a shot at instead of Fitzpatrick, he has much better career numbers, SIGNIFICANTLY better career numbers and has had no chance to start. Jason Campbell had a different OC ever year in college and every single season in the NFL and managed to play better than Fitzpatrick ever did, he is a much better option. Basically anyone can fart 4 wins, Tarvarious Jackson and Seattle won 8 games last year, Matt Moore and Miami won 6 and their replacements were drafted yet mediocrity stands pat with Fitzpatrick.
Can we get the groan button back please?! Hill, Moore, Cambell and Jackson that is your argument, really??

TMu11
05-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Can we get the groan button back please?! Hill, Moore, Cambell and Jackson that is your argument, really??
Wasn't that one of the biggest wants in that how to improve the Zone thread?

Philagape
05-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Why do you people give this guy the time of day?

PTI
05-03-2012, 01:52 PM

All those guys have better stats and they win more games, it is silly to want one of those guys instead of Fitzpatrick unless you are just happy being a loveable loser.

SquishDaFish
05-03-2012, 02:03 PM

Your right this idiot doesnt deserve the time it takes to even type up a response. Well noted

PTI
05-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Your right this idiot doesnt deserve the time it takes to even type up a response. Well noted

Mostly because there is no real response, I am correct, Fitzpatrick is undeniably below average and everything about his game, his statistics, and his winning percentage point to a bad starting QB.

mikemac2001
05-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Mostly because there is no real response, I am correct, Fitzpatrick is undeniably below average and everything about his game, his statistics, and his winning percentage point to a bad starting QB.

most people dont read your post anymore because its the same story and it gets annoying, you even post about it in non QB related situations.

now has fitz proved he should be our Guy based off stats not really but he is a leader of the team and hasnt had a ton of players around him. if he faulters early this year i would like a backup like young to give the reigns to and see what they have and get our QB in the draft. To post over and over again about your fitz hatred is pathetic tho. Just let him play and he fails he is gone but i agree we need another option ready

PTI
05-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Fitz has a career passer rating of 72 in November, December, and January games, that is all you all need to know that he cannot be successful in Buffalo, or pretty much anywhere when the season moves on in crunch time.

mikemac2001
05-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Fitz has a career passer rating of 72 in November, December, and January games, that is all you all need to know that he cannot be successful in Buffalo, or pretty much anywhere when the season moves on in crunch time.

Though i dont disagree with his rating but last year he had a make shift Oline a beat up stevie johnson 8th string Wr's and top RB down with broken ribs

now he cant be let off the hook for that but you also cant ignore it (maybe you can)

his arm is weak and when it gets cold his passing has dropped off (cant tell if it was from ribs last year)

but starting 5-2 last year he made a lot of plays, he was able to lead the team on big drives and stole a couple games from teams. Yes the D made plays along with freddie but he deserves another year like i said in a previous post i believe we should get a solid backup to give a chance if fitz fails 8 weeks in.

PTI
05-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Though i dont disagree with his rating but last year he had a make shift Oline a beat up stevie johnson 8th string Wr's and top RB down with broken ribs

now he cant be let off the hook for that but you also cant ignore it (maybe you can)

his arm is weak and when it gets cold his passing has dropped off (cant tell if it was from ribs last year)

but starting 5-2 last year he made a lot of plays, he was able to lead the team on big drives and stole a couple games from teams. Yes the D made plays along with freddie but he deserves another year like i said in a previous post i believe we should get a solid backup to give a chance if fitz fails 8 weeks in.

Sounds good, give him 8 weeks.

mikemac2001
05-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Sounds good, give him 8 weeks.

Will you? since you will have to watch it anyways if you are a bills fan might as well give the guy a shot with a healthy improved team

justasportsfan
05-03-2012, 03:26 PM
I have a feeling PTI will disappear when the bils make playoffs.

PTI
05-03-2012, 03:31 PM
I have a feeling PTI will disappear when the bils make playoffs.

Why the heck would I, that is crazy? The Bills have not made the playoffs in so long I would likely want to go to the game! I hope Fitz has Romo like numbers from last season! If he did with the defene the Bills would surely reach at least 10 wins then. It is hard to get too happy about a guy with a history of being lousy though over the course of a season and for his entire career. Even Jeremy Lin dominated for a second. Fitz is what is career numbers say, just not that good.

ddaryl
05-03-2012, 03:34 PM

the ignore function works great.... makes for a nicer thread.

Wish more people used it

justasportsfan
05-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Why the heck would I, that is crazy? The Bills have not made the playoffs in so long I would likely want to go to the game! I hope Fitz has Romo like numbers from last season! If he did with the defene the Bills would surely reach at least 10 wins then. It is hard to get too happy about a guy with a history of being lousy though over the course of a season and for his entire career. Even Jeremy Lin dominated for a second. Fitz is what is career numbers say, just not that good.

I'm not even a Fitz fan at all but you're annoying when you keep repeating "Fitz sucks" .we heard you for the millionth time. I'm usually the most redundant poster here. Don't take that away from me.

Will make you eat your crow when we make the playoffs this year and Make sure you come back and visit us.

Dr. Lecter
05-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Remember the post and poster rule...........

PTI
05-03-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm not even a Fitz fan at all but you're annoying when you keep repeating "Fitz sucks" .we heard you for the millionth time. Will make you eat your crow when we make the playoffs this year and Make sure you come back and visit us.

I won't go anywhere. Look, the best and easiet way for this franchise to gain some consistentcy and make a strong run, is to be good at QB, I hope to heck Fitz can do that, but it is painfully obvious that he is not.

justasportsfan
05-03-2012, 03:48 PM
I hope to heck Fitz can do that, but it is painfully obvious that he is not.
we shall see

Mr. Pink
05-03-2012, 03:49 PM
I won't go anywhere. Look, the best and easiet way for this franchise to gain some consistentcy and make a strong run, is to be good at QB, I hope to heck Fitz can do that, but it is painfully obvious that he is not.

Doug Williams won a Superbowl.

You don't have to be the best thing ever at the position to win games and a title.

You just have to not screw it up and protect the football.

ddaryl
05-03-2012, 03:51 PM
for all of you fans who are FREAKING OUT over Fitz being our starter and not signing a headcase right away to be his backup.

Enjoy

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cqupk71a-O0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PTI
05-03-2012, 03:57 PM

You don't have to be the best thing ever at the position to win games and a title.

You pretty much have to be good at QB to win. Doug WIlliams in limited regular season play had a 94 QB rating which would have been 2nd overall in the NFL, and he played very well in the playoffs and was Super Bowl MVP, your own argument is a complete failure. Brad Johnson was borderline MVP candidate the year he went and won, he was 3rd or 4th overall in QB rating. Pretty much Dilfer is it.

If your QB does not play well over the course of the season it is very hard to win and the Bills have a lot to make up for in the bad play and bad QB that Fitz is more times then not.

SquishDaFish
05-03-2012, 04:02 PM
I LOVE FITZ!!!

Why because he is the BUFFALO BILLS STARTING QB!! And I LOVE THE BUFFALO BILLS!! **** those who dont!!

Mr. Pink
05-03-2012, 04:04 PM
You pretty much have to be good at QB to win. Doug WIlliams in limited regular season play had a 94 QB rating which would have been 2nd overall in the NFL, and he played very well in the playoffs and was Super Bowl MVP, your own argument is a complete failure. Brad Johnson was borderline MVP candidate the year he went and won, he was 3rd or 4th overall in QB rating. Pretty much Dilfer is it.

Doug Williams started 2 games, besides playoffs in 87, the Redskins were 0-2 in his starts. This is what Doug Williams pulled off in the NFC Title game - 9 26 119 2 Try again. He also had a career completion percentage of 49.5.

Mr. Pink
05-03-2012, 04:09 PM
So PTI why don't you tell me how awesome Jim Plunkett was next.

And then after you're done with him, go over how great Jeff Hostetler was.

I forget.

PTI
05-03-2012, 04:13 PM
So PTI why don't you tell me how awesome Jim Plunkett was next.

And then after you're done with him, go over how great Jeff Hostetler was.

I forget.

You are bringing up players from 15 years ago and prior, that makes no sense at all in any argument about today's football, the game is very different today.

Mr. Pink
05-03-2012, 04:18 PM
You are bringing up players from 15 years ago and prior, that makes no sense at all in any argument about today's football, the game is very different today.

Ok Tom Brady is better than Eli Manning...did that matter in 2 different Superbowls? Nope!

Peyton Manning is thought of to be better than Drew Brees...did that matter in the Superbowl? Nope!

Big Ben has won titles and he's nowhere near an elite qb...he just limits mistakes when he's not holding on to the ball all day long and he's definitely not the reason Pittsburgh won any of the SBs he's played in.

Rex Grossman, Kerry Collins, Trent Dilfer and Jake Delhomme have started Superbowls for christs sake.

You don't need to have a superb QB to get to the big game.

Nice backpedal though after proven wrong on the Williams point. Kudos.

PTI
05-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Did not back pedal at all and you are still bringing up Williams and fifteen years ago no sense at all and the others you bring up are amongst the best today

Skooby
05-03-2012, 04:39 PM
I have no idea why some of you are bothering here, if someone doesn't like Fitz then it's their choice. If Fitz has a great year, then they'll be back on the bandwagon (if not then they're right).

I don't like anybody until we win is a self-defense mechanism, so let them turtle up & we can all move on.

Ok Tom Brady is better than Eli Manning...did that matter in 2 different Superbowls? Nope!

Peyton Manning is thought of to be better than Drew Brees...did that matter in the Superbowl? Nope!

Big Ben has won titles and he's nowhere near an elite qb...he just limits mistakes when he's not holding on to the ball all day long and he's definitely not the reason Pittsburgh won any of the SBs he's played in.

Rex Grossman, Kerry Collins, Trent Dilfer and Jake Delhomme have started Superbowls for christs sake.

You don't need to have a superb QB to get to the big game.

Nice backpedal though after proven wrong on the Williams point. Kudos.

Mr. Pink
05-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Did not back pedal at all and you are still bringing up Williams and fifteen years ago no sense at all and the others you bring up are amongst the best today

Grossman, Dilfer, Delhomme, Collins, Rapistberger are among the best today?!?

Surely you must be joking.

Mr. Pink
05-03-2012, 04:50 PM
I have no idea why some of you are bothering here, if someone doesn't like Fitz then it's their choice. If Fitz has a great year, then they'll be back on the bandwagon (if not then they're right).

I don't like anybody until we win is a self-defense mechanism, so let them turtle up & we can all move on.

I'm not trying to claim Fitz is great, he clearly is not, but he is serviceable and good enough to get a good team to the playoffs...I was using historical data to prove my point.

Could the position use an upgrade? Definitely.

Could we be in a much worse situation at QB? Definitely.

Skooby
05-03-2012, 05:02 PM
I'm not trying to claim Fitz is great, he clearly is not, but he is serviceable and good enough to get a good team to the playoffs...I was using historical data to prove my point.

History tells me the team has sucked for a while now & we finally made some great moves this year to get better, so it's all TBD.

better days
05-03-2012, 05:06 PM

Doug Williams was a VERY GOOD QB. 2nd biggest mistake that Rat Bastard Hugh Culverhouse ever made was to let him get away.

SquishDaFish
05-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Maybe we should go back to the Rob Johnson, Trent Edwards, JP Losman era instead of Fitz because PTI said he sucks. I think we can all agree hes better than them all and prob best we had at the position besides Kelly, Bledsoe and maybe even Flutie

YardRat
05-03-2012, 05:25 PM

15 years ago is just as relevant as today or 30-40 years ago because over the course of the entire history of the Super Bowl era one thing has remained mostly consistent....Defense wins championships, and you don't need a Pro Bowl QB to win a Super Bowl or conference championship.

Mr. Pink
05-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Doug Williams was a VERY GOOD QB. 2nd biggest mistake that Rat Bastard Hugh Culverhouse ever made was to let him get away.

LMAO

On what criteria would you call him very good?

His horrid completion percentage?

His sub .500 record as a starting QB?

His 6.8 YPA?

The fact he turned the ball over more than he threw/scored TDs?

His 69.4 career QB rating?

He's Gary Danielson with a super bowl ring.

better days
05-03-2012, 06:14 PM
LMAO

On what criteria would you call him very good?

His horrid completion percentage?

His sub .500 record as a starting QB?

His 6.8 YPA?

The fact he turned the ball over more than he threw/scored TDs?

His 69.4 career QB rating?

He's Gary Danielson with a super bowl ring.

I don't give a damn about stats. Williams was a LEADER that EVERYONE on his team listened to & he WON GAMES.

In 4 years on the Bucs, he took the Bucs to the playoffs 3 years out of 4, including the NFC Championship game in 1979. After Williams left, the Bucs did not make the playoffs again for FOURTEEN years.

gr8slayer
05-03-2012, 07:58 PM

Any QB gives you a chance every week. Can't ask any more at all from him, he is severely limited and cannot do any better than outside the top 20, below average, he is what he is. Vince Young without a doubt would be a better option to start over Fitz, as would many other backups in the NFL that never got a chance to actually start like people made the case for Fitz before he was allowed to be the starter and be allowed to remain starter despite being a bad starting NFL QB who remains outside the top 20 and does not lead his team to victories. Even a guy like Shaun Hill would be worth taking a shot at instead of Fitzpatrick, he has much better career numbers, SIGNIFICANTLY better career numbers and has had no chance to start. Jason Campbell had a different OC ever year in college and every single season in the NFL and managed to play better than Fitzpatrick ever did, he is a much better option. Basically anyone can fart 4 wins, Tarvarious Jackson and Seattle won 8 games last year, Matt Moore and Miami won 6 and their replacements were drafted yet mediocrity stands pat with Fitzpatrick.Real quick, before we continue. You're being serious right, not doing a bit? Just want to make sure before I respond.

justasportsfan
05-04-2012, 09:19 AM

Holy crap FTY! We actually agree about something? :trance:

Skooby
05-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Holy crap FTY! We actually agree about something? :trance:

It's a miracle.

PTI
05-04-2012, 09:55 AM

Name some teams in a worse position then please. Pretty much just the Browns, Jags, and Vikings. That is it. Bills have one option it looks like, at least other teams have another option, and this option we have is not even an average option, he is not an upstart unproven player with ability he has not reached yet, he is a journeyman veteran player unwanted by any other team who is on his third team, was dumped by the Bengals (not resigned is dumped for how cheap Fitz originally was) , who would not start for any other team in team in the NFL.

Please sign Vince Young. I await the fake Fitz injury and Young will be starting at some point this year by week 8.

justasportsfan
05-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Name some teams in a worse position then please. Pretty much just the Browns, Jags, and Vikings. That is it. Bills have one option it looks like, at least other teams have another option, and this option we have is not even an average option, he is not an upstart unproven player with ability he has not reached yet, he is a journeyman veteran player unwanted by any other team who is on his third team, was dumped by the Bengals (not resigned is dumped for how cheap Fitz originally was) , who would not start for any other team in team in the NFL.

Please sign Vince Young. I await the fake Fitz injury and Young will be starting at some point this year by week 8.

an what do you think Young is? Isn't he a journeyman at this point who is unwanted by teams and was dumped by the eagles, by the last team he played for?

Dr. Lecter
05-04-2012, 11:08 AM

Arizona.
Seattle.
San Fran (at least no better)
Kansas City
Oakland

And that is quick off my head.

The fake inury comment is idiotic and is the type of comment that makes it hard to take your good points seriously.

Dr. Lecter
05-04-2012, 11:09 AM
an what do you think Young is? Isn't he a journeyman at this point who is unwanted by teams and was dumped by the eagles, by the last team he played for?
Young was dumped in favor of Trent Edwards.

Edwards.

Maybe PTI should think about that.

Mr. Pink
05-04-2012, 12:21 PM

Miami, NYJ, Cleveland, KC, Oak, Jags, Minny, Seattle...

There's 8 teams I came up with in worse situations off the top of my head with little thought on the question.

PTI
05-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Arizona.
Seattle.
San Fran (at least no better)
Kansas City
Oakland

And that is quick off my head.

The fake inury comment is idiotic and is the type of comment that makes it hard to take your good points seriously.

You mean like the fake injury they pulled off at the end of the 2010 season when Fitz was pathetic against the New England in game 15 and then had the mercy sitting where we saw Brohm and Brown play in week 16 against the Jets was not real? If that was any indication of what Fitz plays like hurt then they would have sat him if he was really hurt last year and then made excuses for after the fact once again. Lots of naive people out here.

Dr. Lecter
05-04-2012, 12:37 PM
So you are thowing out baseless speculation with no evidence and we are naive?

Good one."The world is ****ed up, but I am sane!"

justasportsfan
05-04-2012, 12:50 PM

PTI and PAt Moran have the same sources. Who's yours?

PTI
05-04-2012, 01:03 PM

Fitz had 4 INTs and 2 fumbles in game 15 in 2010. He did not play the next game. Bills came out and said Fitz got hurt in that game. They were thankful Brohm crapped the bed so the lasting memory of the offseason could be to sell this guy as the starter in 2011. Only smart and honest people can connect the dots.

justasportsfan
05-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Only smart and honest people can connect the dots.

yet you couldn't connect the dots on this one which is why you ignored it :refuse:

an what do you think Young is? Isn't he a journeyman at this point who is unwanted by teams and was dumped by the eagles, by the last team he played for?.

Lexwhat
05-05-2012, 04:08 AM
yet you couldn't connect the dots on this one which is why you ignored it :refuse:

I couldn't sort through this whole thread, but I will say a few things:

-- PTI talked about Fitz being a journeyman who's now on his 3rd team. Well, once Vince Young is signed by some team this year, he will become "a journeyman who's now on his 3rd team."

-- No one is tripping over their own feet to sign Vince Young.

-- The Eagles have no answers at backup QB. And Mike Vick is a good bet to get injured at least once a year. Even QB guru Andy Reid gave up on Vince Young.

-- I think Chan Gailey could actually make something of Vince Young, while most other coaches couldn't. I think signing Young would be a good move, although he needs to know his role this year is strictly as a backup to Fitz. If he wants to demand a chance to be the starter, we are better off not signing him.

-- Lastly, I think this is a make-or-break year for Fitz. He needs to be more consistent. If he loses us multiple games this year, look for us to target a QB in the 1st round next Draft.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-05-2012, 06:01 AM
He needs to be more consistent. If he loses us multiple games this year, look for us to target a QB in the 1st round next Draft.
unfortunately weve been saying this same thing about a string of qbs for 15 years

Historian
05-05-2012, 07:02 AM
Bring Young in

Or carry two kickers, lol.

I agree.

If the goal is to get better at every position, why not a critical one like Backup QB? Won't cost much, and it would be nice to have a backup that has been in big games before.

Figster
05-06-2012, 08:33 AM
I was talking to a scout the other night and he was telling me about this fella (young QB prospect) he had scouted that had made one real horrible mistake that cost someone their life and went to prison. The man has since done his time for the horrible mistake, got out of prison, continued on and is now trying to become a QB in the NFL. The scouts name is Damond Talbot whom I might add is very good at finding diamonds in the rough so to speak. Its what he specializes in, finding young talent that is hid away in smaller schools.

There's an article he wrote about the young QB prospect if some of you would like to check it out. The article is covering Jackson State QB Casey Therriault.

Heres the article http://www.optimumscouting.com/scout...son-state.html (http://www.optimumscouting.com/scout-s-notes/articles/diamond-in-the-rough-casey-therriault-qb-jackson-state.html)

(Hope this is .O.K OP, IF a problem let me know and I'll delete, didn't want to start a whole separate thread on it, thanks)

Do you guys think Therriaults past is to much of a PR problem to ever consider him on your football team?

Extremebillsfan247
05-06-2012, 08:54 AM

If Vince Young were a better option than Fitzpatrick, the Bills wouldn't have let him leave without a contract. Letting personal feelings get in the way of common sense will always work against you. Just saying.

Figster
05-06-2012, 08:58 AM
If Vince Young were a better option than Fitzpatrick, the Bills wouldn't have let him leave without a contract. Letting personal feelings get in the way of common sense will always work against you. Just saying.

I disagree, it wasn't about VY being a better QB, it was more about VY not being content to be a backup in my opinion.

Nix gauged VY attitude, he wants to be a starter, end of story.

Skooby
05-06-2012, 09:35 AM
I disagree, it wasn't about VY being a better QB, it was more about VY not being content to be a backup in my opinion.

Nix gauged VY attitude, he wants to be a starter, end of story.

VY is unemployed, so it's mostly about how much he wants to earn is my guess.

Figster
05-06-2012, 05:44 PM
VY is unemployed, so it's mostly about how much he wants to earn is my guess.

My hopes were that Vince Young would have came into Buffalo and given Nix/Gailey the impression he would be content to be Fitzpatricks understudy. It might have given what in my opinion is a very talented/troubled young signal caller a 2nd chance at a successful NFL career.

Vince Young and Kordell/Slash/ Stewart's skill set is very similiar If I remember correctly and I could see Gailey winning with Vince Young in the same fashion somewhere down the line as he did with Slash. Myself personally, Gaileys a players coach and also somewhat of a father figure to his players, I think a coach like Gailey could work miracles with about any player.

To me, If we don't bring Vince Young in for at least one season, we may have missed a golden opportunity.

YardRat
05-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Fitzpatrick is a better QB than Kordell Stewart.

Figster
05-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Fitzpatrick is a better QB than Kordell Stewart.

Ican't argue that, and If Gailey used Fitz like Stewart he wouldn't throw as many INT's

I really hope with a better D we start improving our TOP with a more conservative approach with our Offense/ run the football. I want Ryan Fitzpatrick to prove me wrong this season. I want Fitzy to prove to everyone that he can do a better job protecting the football.

Its all hes got to do now, manage the game, and protect the football, Fitz use your brains...

Figster
05-07-2012, 09:19 AM
http://www.nfl.com/player/vinceyoung...75/careerstats (http://www.nfl.com/player/vinceyoung/2506875/careerstats)

Take a look at VY's progression from 2006- 2010

VY 's last season with the Titans he had 10 TD's and 3 INT's (3-1) which was 3 times as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick's TD to INT ratio (1-1) his last season for the Bills. VY/Titan finished with a 98.6 QB rating which is almost a 20 point difference in QB rating higher in comparison to our current starting QB.

<hr style="color:#D1D1E1; background-color:#D1D1E1" size="1">

Figster
05-07-2012, 09:48 AM
http://www.balleralert.com/profiles/blogs/another-one-bites-the-dust-vince-young-marries-girlfriend-candice

VY married over the weekend, Congrads Vince!

Typ0
05-07-2012, 10:09 AM
If we could get a guy who would beat out Fitz and start on day one why is that a problem? I just don't understand the thinking of some people. They, no doubt, are largely populated with Lossmanites because that's how they thought then too!

Extremebillsfan247
05-07-2012, 10:14 AM
It seems to me that some Bills fans go through this every single off season on this message board. It's like a flu virus that pops up every now and again. Vince Young has become the new Kevin Kolb around here. Or, so it seems, you know, the QB some fans rave about, until he ends up on another team. This thread needs an inoculation. :roflmao:

Figster
05-07-2012, 10:31 AM
If we could get a guy who would beat out Fitz and start on day one why is that a problem? I just don't understand the thinking of some people. They, no doubt, are largely populated with Lossmanites because that's how they thought then too!

I don't think anyone can beat out Fitz on day one... he probably knows the offense better then Chan Gailey by now...

...and then some...he's probably adding wrinkles of his own...

Figster
05-07-2012, 10:38 AM
It seems to me that some Bills fans go through this every single off season on this message board. It's like a flu virus that pops up every now and again. Vince Young has become the new Kevin Kolb around here. Or, so it seems, you know, the QB some fans rave about, until he ends up on another team. This thread needs an inoculation. :roflmao:

I could see this type of response If this was just another name fans were tossing around, but its not. The Buffalo Bills FO showed interest and still may have interest so your post is just as laughable.

Extremebillsfan247
05-07-2012, 10:45 AM
I could see this type of response If this was just another name fans were tossing around, but its not. The Buffalo Bills FO showed interest and still may have interest so your post is just as laughable.Define interest. They brought him in for a workout. It appears that it never went beyond that. Until they actually sign him, which they probably won't, the fact that a fan is so pumped about him coming to Buffalo for a workout, that now it has to be imminent that he becomes a Bill is what's laughable to me.

Figster
05-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Define interest. They brought him in for a workout. It appears that it never went beyond that. Until they actually sign him, which they probably won't, the fact that a fan is so pumped about him coming to Buffalo for a workout, that now it has to be imminent that he becomes a Bill is what's laughable to me.

and fans will be fans...

YardRat
05-07-2012, 01:49 PM
That would be great, but Vince Young isn't that guy. so why waste the time, money and effort on him.

Stewie
05-07-2012, 01:54 PM

I agree with this. If VY or anyone else can come in and be better than Fitzpatrick, that's great.

Figster
05-07-2012, 08:54 PM
NFL 32 reporting we are still having dialogue with VY

Figster
05-07-2012, 09:02 PM

Thats not what the Bills are trying to do here though, VY offers an upgrade to the backup position. Plus Young has a possible upside that If Gailey can tap into, he could turn VY into a successful starting signal caller in the NFL.(future)

Meathead
05-07-2012, 09:45 PM
yeah i can hear buddy in that conversation now

"ok we'll give yall an unguaranteed one year one million dollar contract to come to camp and compete for the backup job. at least two million?! dude you were cut in favor of trent edwards. trent freakin edwards! even the chan master couldnt save that guy from himself. you know what, eight hundred thousand now, thats our offer. call me before four tomorrow or its six hundred thousand."

BloFan4Life
05-07-2012, 09:49 PM
http://www.balleralert.com/profiles/blogs/another-one-bites-the-dust-vince-young-marries-girlfriend-candice

VY married over the weekend, Congrads Vince! The dude reminds me of Steve Mcnair so much. Just something about him.

better days
05-08-2012, 12:02 AM

I thought it was Losman Lickers & Trentites. In any event, as a one time supporter of JP, I would be happy to see Young or anyone else that could come in & compete with Fitz for the Starting job myself.

Figster
05-08-2012, 05:32 AM
The dude reminds me of Steve Mcnair so much. Just something about him.

So far VY though hasn't shown the same kind of character/work ethic as a Steve McNair or ability to master the QB position in the NFL yet, but I think that was the original hope.

acehole
05-08-2012, 07:13 AM
I am for backing up Fitz...I am not for a three ring QB conteroversy. Players like him, coaches like him.....he knows the system...he is heathy. Put players around a guy like that...that is how you build a winner. I think I speak for a lot of folks here when I say we don want another Sanchez/Tebow situation here. A young capable groom....a seasoned vet sure...2nd most important position on the team...

We are so close to the ingredients for a winner and I cant believe some people want to pull thier draws down and crap on that.

Figster
05-08-2012, 07:27 AM
I am for backing up Fitz...I am not for a three ring QB conteroversy. Players like him, coaches like him.....he knows the system...he is heathy. Put players around a guy like that...that is how you build a winner. I think I speak for a lot of folks here when I say we don want another Sanchez/Tebow situation here. A young capable groom....a seasoned vet sure...2nd most important position on the team...

We are so close to the ingredients for a winner and I cant believe some people want to pull thier draws down and crap on that.

49er's signal caller is a great example of a 1st rounder blooming late. VY has the skill set to become not just a good signal caller, a great one. Now I don't know If you noticed or not , but its hard to get an opportunity to land a quality QB in the NFL.

So we can sit here with one of the best QB guru's in the league, do nothing, and spin our wheels with a QB that has reached his peak. Or the Buffalo Bills football team can try to do something about it.

I say we do something about it...

PTI
05-08-2012, 08:24 AM

This is dumbfounding to me, he has proved to be unreliable, cannot play in November and Decemebr (career 70 QB rating), and has won 10 games the last two seasons, the players are only saying the right thing, there is no way most of these guys like him, unless they like losing.

SquishDaFish
05-08-2012, 08:46 AM
I cant wait for the time later this year when pti gets to eat crow. Honestly you wont be able to live it down. I dont think there is enough crow to make up for all your craptastic posts

acehole
05-08-2012, 11:22 AM
49er's signal caller is a great example of a 1st rounder blooming late. VY has the skill set to become not just a good signal caller, a great one. Now I don't know If you noticed or not , but its hard to get an opportunity to land a quality QB in the NFL.

So we can sit here with one of the best QB guru's in the league, do nothing, and spin our wheels with a QB that has reached his peak. Or the Buffalo Bills football team can try to do something about it.

I say we do something about it...

I agree. In the right context in the right roll...with the right attitude....with the right deal.

Slim
05-08-2012, 11:25 AM
I agree. In the right context in the right roll...with the right attitude....with the right deal.

Any inclinations on whether he'll sign or not Ace?

acehole
05-08-2012, 11:42 AM
This is dumbfounding to me, he has proved to be unreliable, cannot play in November and Decemebr (career 70 QB rating), and has won 10 games the last two seasons, the players are only saying the right thing, there is no way most of these guys like him, unless they like losing.

I like stats also. However he was playing great until the rib injury. You don't know why player are saying what. Mario Williams would not signed here if he thought otherwise... I am illustrating my own point also. We saw how poorly the Bills did when he was injured,...so back up qb is a must...and if we find somebody who can step in and be better sign him. The FO would have drafted one or have signed a viable FA if the coaches and player where not behind him. I am ok with you not liking Fitz don't get me wrong but We don't have a sanchez situation either where coaches/players saying one thing and doing another. We have lived through so many qb debate I think we are all glad Fitz is serviceable for now. Now that infrastructure in in place a high qb draft pick next year would be just fine. A another Vet would be fine....Who that might be is still a unknown. I am not for Vince Young right at this moment.

acehole
05-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Any inclinations on whether he'll sign or not Ace?

They like Colt mcoy.

They like Vince Young skills but not his mindset.

They will make a play for a cut guy if there is one out there.

Thingpen will not be a bill unless light goes on in Preseason.

PTI
05-08-2012, 11:58 AM
I cant wait for the time later this year when pti gets to eat crow. Honestly you wont be able to live it down. I dont think there is enough crow to make up for all your craptastic posts

Best way to be competitve is for Fitz to play well, that is what I am rooting for all along, for some light to turn on in Fitz's head to stop making boneheaded plays and have Gailey make better play calls.

Figster
05-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Chris Mortensen ‏ @mortreport
RT @UpstateSam: What's the latest on Vince Young? >> Still alive w #Bills, maybe 1 other team; mentioned this on @NFL32 on Monday

RT @MichaelChelus: Although I hate potential move, your thoughts on #Bills signing Vince Young? >> Makes sense in competing role w Thigpen

RT @Shea_bass: Do #Bills still have Brad Smith as well? >> Yes but they would like VY to compete w Tyler Thigpen for that No. 2 job #NFL32

Tweeted Today:D

PTI
05-09-2012, 09:02 AM
RT @UpstateSam: What's the latest on Vince Young? >> Still alive w #Bills, maybe 1 other team; mentioned this on @NFL32 on Monday

RT @MichaelChelus: Although I hate potential move, your thoughts on #Bills signing Vince Young? >> Makes sense in competing role w Thigpen

RT @Shea_bass: Do #Bills still have Brad Smith as well? >> Yes but they would like VY to compete w Tyler Thigpen for that No. 2 job #NFL32

Tweeted Today:D

Brad Smith is no longer a QB, it is crazy some people still consider him a backup QB.

Figster
05-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Brad Smith is no longer a QB, it is crazy some people still consider him a backup QB.

True, Although Brad Smith is probably the Bills Emergency QB should we happen to lose both #1, and #2

mrbojanglezs
05-09-2012, 10:08 AM

If he is slotted in the 3rd qb roster spot then he is a qb. He is preventing the bills from keeping one of these young qbs on the roster like a tanney or a corp

acehole
05-09-2012, 10:17 AM
If he is slotted in the 3rd qb roster spot then he is a qb. He is preventing the bills from keeping one of these young qbs on the roster like a tanney or a corp

If tanny can prove any skill he will be #3....and we sign vy#2.... thingpen will be gone and that injured kid will go on ps.

next thread please.

PTI
05-09-2012, 10:40 AM

I agree, the whole purpose the NFL rule change was the allow a 3rd roster spot for a real QB.

Bill Cody
05-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Thingpen will not be a bill unless light goes on in Preseason.

What light? His bulb is broken and he's leaking mercury.

Bill Cody
05-09-2012, 10:46 AM

He sucks. But all in all I'd rather see Brad in a game than Pig Pen. At least Brad can make a play with his legs. What can Pig Pen do?

PTI
05-09-2012, 10:47 AM
He sucks. But all in all I'd rather see Brad in a game than Pig Pen. At least Brad can make a play with his legs. What can Pig Pen do?

You are funny, comparing piles of crap to each and saying one is better than the other.

Bill Cody
05-09-2012, 10:51 AM
They like Vince Young skills but not his mindset.

Getting released twice has a way of changing one's mindset. Doubt very much ol single digit Vince is referring to himself in the 3rd person anymore or ready to toss his shoulder pads in the stands. Unless he has zero gray cells he has to get the fact that he has to shut up and play.

I'm all for bringing him in. We don't have Unitas or Montana on the roster. Colt McCoy? I'd take him too in a heart beat. We really don't have anything to lose. Pig Pen is a joke and Fitz needs to feel the heat of a real live QB breathing down his neck. We've improved enough that hobby time is over.

Bill Cody
05-09-2012, 10:52 AM
You are funny, comparing piles of crap to each and saying one is better than the other.

I think my post speaks for itself if you can read.

better days
05-09-2012, 10:58 AM
True, Although Brad Smith is probably the Bills Emergency QB should we happen to lose both #1, and #2

EXACTLY. The #3 QB no longer has to be listed as a QB with the new rules, therefor a position player with some QB skills like Smith can serve as the emergency QB in a game if need be.

k-oneputt
05-09-2012, 11:09 AM
How can we forget, we got Tanney.
He does trick shots you know.

By the way Colt McCoy sucks too.

justasportsfan
05-09-2012, 11:52 AM
How can we forget, we got Tanney.
He does trick shots you know.

we should keep him for halftime entertainment

ServoBillieves
05-09-2012, 12:09 PM
How is this thread still front page?

k-oneputt
05-09-2012, 01:56 PM
we should keep him for halftime entertainment

He would be better then watching the Attica HS band for the 300th time.

ServoBillieves
05-09-2012, 02:16 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sswH5w9-lxc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At 7:05, it's how I feel when they take the field.

stuckincincy
05-09-2012, 02:57 PM

Heh - the Warren G. Harding H.S. band from Warren, OH bussed up for years to perform at War Memorial Stadium.

better days
05-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Heh - the Warren G. Harding H.S. band from Warren, OH bussed up for years to perform at War Memorial Stadium.

They performed at Rich Stadium as well I believe.

Skooby
05-10-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm seeing other boards claiming that VY will sign soon, no confirmation or endorsement by myself (just passing it along).

Figster
05-10-2012, 11:40 AM
I'm seeing other boards claiming that VY will sign soon, no confirmation or endorsement by myself (just passing it along).

seeing the same rumors floating around

jimbohastle51
05-10-2012, 11:36 PM
We are Vince only option. He just needs a little Bryan Scott and Kirk Morrison "Me" time. As they did he will see taking less is in his best interests here. There is no other team in the league that runs a more Vince Young friendly offense than us and no other team in the league that he has a remote chance of getting on the field to play for baring an unexpected injury.