PDA

View Full Version : crow

Marvelous
05-01-2012, 07:43 PM
-Just wanted to compliment Buddy & :thurm2: cause i was livid & buggin after our Roscoe Parrish wannabe 3rd round pick.. I was pissed that we we're ignoring LB & O-line/tackle depth etc..And sure enough, BAM! We get the best draft ive ever seen from 4th round down..Well best on paper before we actually know if etc etc..

-We finally part with Roscoe and BAM! "Not so fast! Here's his iNJURED rESERVE REPLACEMENT"
/SARCASM OFF

--I think either the FSU LB or the TCU beast MLB could end up starting..We do have last years LSU BEAST MLB who imo goes outside & Merriman on other side(god-given), i str8^ dunno who is in the middle, Which is vital with our awesome 4-3 base D returning. In Wanny's 4-3, and most 4-3's The MLB is a captain and important. Wanny & Zach Thomas..Prior to the draft i kept seeing POZ & WAS THINKING " Man, we really could use him in our 4-3...So my money is on the white guy being our starting MLB if all goes well...My draft guide from last year had an article on him being a Zach Thomas type sideline -to- sideline beast MLB. I'm excited!

--Just an awesome day-3 as of today-till camp---Couple tackles,LBers & a beast CB from LSU(I THINK),,
-i stated in my 3rd round hate fest that Buddy is not connected to this teams struggles & that we need serious oline,LB & CB's.. talk about delivering!
-so i'm assclown for gettn panties in a bunch...
/move along

BillsOverDolphins
05-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Thought this was going to be an Angelo Crowell thread, tbh.

Marvelous
05-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Crowell, HA! He sure had a great season and was on the tip of stardom before injury.
--TKO opened his career season with a Tom Brady fumble recovery for a TD. then his ankle fell off and we we're screwed of our best free agent since Paup!

Goobylal
05-01-2012, 07:51 PM
I still do not see how anyone thinks that Graham is a "Roscoe Parrish wannabee." He's over an inch taller and 20# heavier.

THATHURMANATOR
05-01-2012, 08:00 PM
I still do not see how anyone thinks that Graham is a "Roscoe Parrish wannabee." He's over an inch taller and 20# heavier.
Seriously but try 3 inches and 20 pounds. This guy isn't small at all!!

BillsOverDolphins
05-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Like I've said before, I wasn't a big fan of the Gilmore pick, but I understand it.

I still don't understand what the hell Buddy was doing in the 3rd round, though. I can only assume he had a mini-stroke.

DMBcrew36
05-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Eating crow? In May? Nah - lets see in December. I'll wait til then to give this organization any credit. Offseasons mean nothing - just look at the Sabres amazing offseason, or the Bills fooling us all nearly every offseason for the past 11 years.

Goobylal
05-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Seriously but try 3 inches and 20 pounds. This guy isn't small at all!!
Actually 1-1/2". Parrish was 5'9-3/4" and Graham is 5'11-1/4". But the 20# difference is huge.

ServoBillieves
05-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Actually 1-1/2". Parrish was 5'9-3/4" and Graham is 5'11-1/4". But the 20# difference is huge.

Roscoe was listed at that. Having met him, there is NO way that he was actually that tall. Kind of reminds me of the Sproles listing... it's smoke and mirrors.

I'm 6-2, my fiancee is 5'6", and he was barely taller than her. She couldn't believe that he was an NFL player.

We aren't looking for a Parrish replacement. If we were, we would put Graham in the slot. When was the last time you saw Parrish come from the flank and stretch the field? Graham is the distraction to the secondary and corners who have to cover him regardless. If you stretch one side of the field, send Nelson or Chandler on a crossing route, that is one less person they need to worry about.

I still am a big fan of this pick.

THATHURMANATOR
05-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Like I've said before, I wasn't a big fan of the Gilmore pick, but I understand it.

I still don't understand what the hell Buddy was doing in the 3rd round, though. I can only assume he had a mini-stroke.
What can't you understand. It is as clear as can be. He was adding a very fast WR that he feels can stretch defenses.

Who would you rather he picked? Again this Graham may blow but I completely understand what Buddy was doing. A 7th round pick is nothing to give up to me. Almost worthless.

THATHURMANATOR
05-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Roscoe was listed at that. Having met him, there is NO way that he was actually that tall. Kind of reminds me of the Sproles listing... it's smoke and mirrors.

I'm 6-2, my fiancee is 5'6", and he was barely taller than her. She couldn't believe that he was an NFL player.

We aren't looking for a Parrish replacement. If we were, we would put Graham in the slot. When was the last time you saw Parrish come from the flank and stretch the field? Graham is the distraction to the secondary and corners who have to cover him regardless. If you stretch one side of the field, send Nelson or Chandler on a crossing route, that is one less person they need to worry about.

I still am a big fan of this pick.
I remember seeing Roscoe at Dave and Busters(queue the Willis jokes). He was with a couple other Bills WR. I seriously thought he was one of the player's son's I couldn't believe how small he was. No where near 5'9" or 170 pounds even.

Jeff1220
05-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Steve Smith is 5'9" 185lbs, and that doesn't seem to have hindered his career.

HAMMER
05-02-2012, 10:44 AM
-Just wanted to compliment Buddy & :thurm2: cause i was livid & buggin after our Roscoe Parrish wannabe 3rd round pick.. I was pissed that we we're ignoring LB & O-line/tackle depth etc..And sure enough, BAM! We get the best draft ive ever seen from 4th round down..Well best on paper before we actually know if etc etc..

-We finally part with Roscoe and BAM! "Not so fast! Here's his iNJURED rESERVE REPLACEMENT"
/SARCASM OFF

--I think either the FSU LB or the TCU beast MLB could end up starting..We do have last years LSU BEAST MLB who imo goes outside & Merriman on other side(god-given), i str8^ dunno who is in the middle, Which is vital with our awesome 4-3 base D returning. In Wanny's 4-3, and most 4-3's The MLB is a captain and important. Wanny & Zach Thomas..Prior to the draft i kept seeing POZ & WAS THINKING " Man, we really could use him in our 4-3...So my money is on the white guy being our starting MLB if all goes well...My draft guide from last year had an article on him being a Zach Thomas type sideline -to- sideline beast MLB. I'm excited!

--Just an awesome day-3 as of today-till camp---Couple tackles,LBers & a beast CB from LSU(I THINK),,
-i stated in my 3rd round hate fest that Buddy is not connected to this teams struggles & that we need serious oline,LB & CB's.. talk about delivering!
-so i'm assclown for gettn panties in a bunch...
/move along

The things I have been reading about Carder aren't exactly stellar. People saying he will be a career backup and ST player.

Buddo
05-02-2012, 11:11 AM

Yeah, but he might actually be those numbers, whereas Roscoe probably wasn't, ever.
Smith also has about another 20 lbs of attitude that fills him out, as well. ;)

Goobylal
05-02-2012, 03:43 PM
The 5'9-3/4" was his measured height at the Combine. They don't fool around there. No offense but I'm going to take their word, unless one of you guys actually pulled out a tape measure.

stuckincincy
05-02-2012, 04:15 PM

No. Small is ok. And you don't need track meet speed. Larry Fitzgerald, Boldin, Jerry Rice, never broke 4.5 in the 40 AFAIK.

Receivers do so much more than run a straight line. Read defenses, change routes, keep peepers on their qb, block and peel back for a run play etc.

Zipping along on a track - that's easy. I'm hoping that the BUF FO has something else that they saw past speed with this TJ Graham selected at #3.

Marvelous
05-02-2012, 08:48 PM
didnt mean come about as arrogant . I fealt this way when i just read it..
--i was fuming with our 3rd round pick & total 180 with rest...
--

Marvelous
05-02-2012, 08:52 PM

-Wife & I fealt same way about Wilfork for New England. He's from our town in Boynton Bch & when we saw him a couple years ago he looked awful. Yes he is good,very good against the run. But the guy is easily 100 lbs overweight. Glad i'm not a bathroom mirror..
-VICE VERSA To you're Roscoe compare, but reminded me of Wilfork.

TigerJ
05-03-2012, 12:01 PM
I don't mind the Graham pick, but I want to see him put on 10 lbs of muscle and get a lot stronger. 8 reps in the bench just won't cut it. Cornerbacks are going to jam him mercilessly at the LOS untill he proves he can do some hand fighting and beat the jam.