PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young Update

ghz in pittsburgh
05-02-2012, 11:40 AM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/05/02/bills-players-help-in-vy-workout/

I'd bet Easley did a go route for Vince. Pretty much every worthwhile receiver came out. If Stevie was healthy, I see he would be there, too. No TEs though.

Night Train
05-02-2012, 11:45 AM
"..and then they were off to the Club Chit Chat for lunch. "

acehole
05-02-2012, 11:49 AM

I'd bet Easley did a go route for Vince. Pretty much every worthwhile receiver came out. If Stevie was healthy, I see he would be there, too. No TEs though.

This is proof TE's Hate vince young and are racist.

Jan Reimers
05-02-2012, 11:55 AM

Did Easley actually run a route without injuring himself or having cardiac arythmia?

Captain gameboy
05-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Did Easley actually run a route without injuring himself or having cardiac arythmia?

"You've lost that lovin' feelin'."

RedEyE
05-02-2012, 12:14 PM
I think Young has all the atheltic tools in the world, but his mind isn't right. He has had some serious mental issues in the past and I'd rather he prove to the world he's over those issues somewhere else.

ddaryl
05-02-2012, 12:15 PM
It's not his ability to throw that the Bills are worried about... it's his mental well being.. More will be made of what they dissect from his brain over multiple sit downs then the actual workout IMO

Philagape
05-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Here's who needed to participate: Mario. That'll get a better idea of where Vince is at.

Crisis
05-02-2012, 12:52 PM
It's not his ability to throw that the Bills are worried about... it's his mental well being.. More will be made of what they dissect from his brain over multiple sit downs then the actual workout IMO

I'm actually very worried about his ability to throw in addition to what you said.

I've never wanted Young, dating back to before his draft.

Dozerdog
05-02-2012, 03:25 PM

Stop painting with a broad brush. It's only the white cracker TEs

Beebe's Kid
05-02-2012, 03:53 PM
I thought it just proved that Chan hates TEs, and he never uses them.

Also, VY is the kind of QB that Chan loves...Ralph is cheap...they need to extend Freddie NOW, and we have a rule that we must cut all players who play the same positions as guys we drafted...no depth, no fear.

mayotm
05-02-2012, 03:55 PM
I thought it just proved that Chan hates TEs, and he never uses them.

Also, VY is the kind of QB that Chan loves...Ralph is cheap...they need to extend Freddie NOW, and we have a rule that we must cut all players who play the same positions as guys we drafted...no depth, no fear.
PTI would like to add that Fitz sucks.

SpillerThrills
05-02-2012, 04:05 PM
PTI would like to add that Fitz and 90% of the team sucks.

fixed your post.:biggrin:

SquishDaFish
05-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Kholes Entertainment ‏ <s>@</s>DJKholes (https://twitter.com/#%21/DJKholes) Just saw and spoke to Vince Young in the Buffalo airport. I asked him how it went and he said very well!

Slim
05-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Kholes Entertainment ‏ <s>@</s>DJKholes (https://twitter.com/#%21/DJKholes) Just saw and spoke to Vince Young in the Buffalo airport. I asked him how it went and he said very well!

So he's leaving Buffalo without a contract. Interesting.

YardRat
05-02-2012, 04:37 PM

Good news that he's on his way out of town already.

Slim
05-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Good news that he's on his way out of town already.

He could be picking up his wife from the airport...

dannyek71
05-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Or going back home for his favorite Teddy Bear and Troll Dolls.

imbondz
05-02-2012, 04:55 PM
holy crap. just saw this. I live in Nashville. Vince Young is an IDIOT. He is a cancer in the locker room and on the sidelines. He is not even a good QB. UGH. Pleeeeease do not bring him in to Buffalo. I'd rather Wilson just blow up a million dollars than waste it on him.

BertSquirtgum
05-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Anyone against Vince Young coming here in an idiot. The Bills played an injured fitzpatrick rather than play thigpen. Thigpen is the absolute worst and I don't understand why he is still on the team.

The Beef
05-02-2012, 06:06 PM
When Buddy said we'd bring in "a QB and a good one". This is who we've had in my mind. It's worth the risk if Fitz goes down.

imbondz
05-02-2012, 06:25 PM
When Buddy said we'd bring in "a QB and a good one". This is who we've had in my mind. It's worth the risk if Fitz goes down.

worth the risk? the only track record Vince Young has shown is immaturity, unable to lead, makes horrible decisions in crunch situations, says ridiculously stupid things. no thanks.

capitolneal
05-02-2012, 06:51 PM
worth the risk? the only track record Vince Young has shown is immaturity, unable to lead, makes horrible decisions in crunch situations, says ridiculously stupid things. no thanks.

Unable to lead rewatch the rose bowl game when he won the national championship
he carried the longhorns to victory against a heavily favored USC team he lead then
:biggrin:

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2012, 06:59 PM

again, again, again....

playoff qb

31-19 record.

bottom line, he is better than thigpen, which is all that matters.

Slim
05-02-2012, 07:06 PM

Another thing to keep in mind here (this still hasn't been verified), is that typically Chris Brown will interview a FA if they are leaving Buffalo. I'm sure the prospective FA doesn't have to do this interview but it seems like they always do.

But at the same time I'm not sure why this would take so long. This wouldn't be a very complicated contract.

Night Train
05-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Another thing to keep in mind here (this still hasn't been verified), is that typically Chris Brown will interview a FA if they are leaving Buffalo. I'm sure the prospective FA doesn't have to do this interview but it seems like they always do.

But at the same time I'm not sure why this would take so long. This wouldn't be a very complicated contract.

No ones ever asked to be paid in vials of zoloft.

YardRat
05-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Anyone against Vince Young coming here in an idiot. The Bills played an injured fitzpatrick rather than play thigpen. Thigpen is the absolute worst and I don't understand why he is still on the team.

Young is the idiot. I won't sink to the same level and bestow the same label on anybody that actually wants to sign the basket case. I'd rather take my chances with Tanney than Young if Fitz can't play.

We brought him in, kicked his tires (yay for due diligence) and hopefully concluded that he's a lemon.

Marvelous
05-02-2012, 07:46 PM
I think Young has all the atheltic tools in the world, but his mind isn't right. He has had some serious mental issues in the past and I'd rather he prove to the world he's over those issues somewhere else.

agreed 100%
-We've passed alot better players for being trouble. Let some other team deal with his drama & comeback..

The Jokeman
05-02-2012, 08:09 PM
again, again, again....

playoff qb

31-19 record.

bottom line, he is better than thigpen, which is all that matters.
It's not all that matters, You also have to looking in what Vince Young is going to do to the locker room/environment of the team. As if Young feels he is a starting QB and there to compete with Fitz I can guarantee we won't sign him. As right now this is Fitz's team and am glad to see management see's that and as long as Vince's see's that we're in good shape. Part of the reason I was opposed to the Flutie decision when he first signed was his personality and people thought I was full of it. We saw what happened. I'm not saying Young's like that as he seemed fine with Vick last year but some of the comments Young's made since them are a bit off putting.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2012, 08:21 PM
It's not all that matters, You also have to looking in what Vince Young is going to do to the locker room/environment of the team. As if Young feels he is a starting QB and there to compete with Fitz I can guarantee we won't sign him. As right now this is Fitz's team and am glad to see management see's that and as long as Vince's see's that we're in good shape. Part of the reason I was opposed to the Flutie decision when he first signed was his personality and people thought I was full of it. We saw what happened. I'm not saying Young's like that as he seemed fine with Vick last year but some of the comments Young's made since them are a bit off putting.

johnson sucked, because johnson sucked. had nothing to do with flutie.

so because he wants to start he is now a locker room cancer? really? every player wants to start, ITS THE NFL!

again, hes better than thigpen. thats all that matters.

Skooby
05-02-2012, 08:24 PM

Mental problems are something that 73 year old folks aren't that familiar with, so again this guy is a potential timebomb that would need supporting. Why would the Bills want to take on this type of potential obligation is beyond me. I can see a depth situation & a high risk / reward scenario with his play, possibly to force the defense to plan for several plays with a true wildcard (which VY's history deems).

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Mental problems are something that 73 year old folks aren't that familiar with, so again this guy is a potential timebomb that would need supporting. Why would the Bills want to take on this type of potential obligation is beyond me. I can see a depth situation & a high risk / reward scenario with his play, possibly to force the defense to plan for several plays with a true wildcard (which VY's history deems).

who else is out there?

Skooby
05-02-2012, 08:33 PM
who else is out there?

Usually when training camps are over, veterans get cut that could improve our current situation. I'm not saying that VY can't put it together & help us, I'm saying that he's such a wildcard that we don't know what he might do. He might snap & not enter the field if asked to play, who knows with him?

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Usually when training camps are over, veterans get cut that could improve our current situation. I'm not saying that VY can't put it together & help us, I'm saying that he's such a wildcard that we don't know what he might do. He might snap & not enter the field if asked to play, who knows with him?

i think thats highly unlikely...

Marvelous
05-02-2012, 08:40 PM
again, hes better than thigpen. thats all that matters.
-No it's not..I agree with the other stuff in tyour post about Rob Johnson fyi.
--But Locker room & distractions really do hurt a young team that doesn't have Ray Lewis in it's locker room.. And we are really loaded with good depth & most of it is young talent..
--Just take into consideration with your final opinion.

--ALSO~~I believe the Fitz distractino is why we DID-NOT draft a QB. Fitz is our starter & it's because he earned it..We mostly all agree he can lead us somewhere if he gets help..With this in mind OBD didn't go for someone to challenge Fitz, but just to back him up. And odds are he wont be needed. IMO it's a safe play with Thigpin. Not a threat, but not a distraction..
--The question is ~Does Fitz need competitiion to start>?
----Does someone want Vince Young to Be our starter? <<If yes, then that says everything .

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2012, 08:51 PM
[quote=Marvelous]-No it's not..I agree with the other stuff in tyour post about Rob Johnson fyi.
--But Locker room & distractions really do hurt a young team that doesn't have Ray Lewis in it's locker room.. And we are really loaded with good depth & most of it is young talent..
--Just take into consideration with your final opinion.

--ALSO~~I believe the Fitz distractino is why we DID-NOT draft a QB. Fitz is our starter & it's because he earned it..We mostly all agree he can lead us somewhere if he gets help..With this in mind OBD didn't go for someone to challenge Fitz, but just to back him up. And odds are he wont be needed. IMO it's a safe play with Thigpin. Not a threat, but not a distraction..
--The question is ~Does Fitz need competitiion to start>?

----Does someone want Vince Young to Be our starter? <

look, i dont think thigpen is as bad as people say, but i would be upset if we cant find some type of better option.
i dont think vince is that much of a distraction man.. its not like he worse than owens or dennis rodman...

Skooby
05-02-2012, 09:07 PM
i think thats highly unlikely...

You basing this on history or hope? Fill one hand with hope / the other with history ****, see which one fills up first.

Lone Stranger
05-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Unable to lead rewatch the rose bowl game when he won the national championship
he carried the longhorns to victory against a heavily favored USC team he lead then
:biggrin:

A very good point. I thought it was one of the greatest performances ever in a bowl game. He somehow has not been able to recapture that magic in the pros. If he ever came close to that Rose Bowl performance he would be a great addition. But I, too, have heard of his troublesome locker room behavior. This is a tough call to make.

Bert102176
05-02-2012, 10:23 PM

look what a QB like fitz did in this O the first part of the year Vince may do just as good

Bert102176
05-02-2012, 10:27 PM
hell J. Russell wasn't doing bad in Oakland last year before he got hurt I would talk wih him and see if he would wanna come for a tryout

BuffaloBlakely14
05-02-2012, 10:37 PM
hell J. Russell wasn't doing bad in Oakland last year before he got hurt I would talk wih him and see if he would wanna come for a tryout

Think you mean Jason Campbell, he signed with Chicago.

Figster
05-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Vince Young ‏ @VinceYoung (twitter)

All respect to the Buffalo Bills organization great workout today honor to meet all the coaches and players and respect to Buddy Nix.

https://twitter.com/#!/VinceYoung (https://twitter.com/#%21/VinceYoung)

Anyone on twitter how about giving Vince a friendly shout(tweet)

Mark Miller
05-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Vince Young ‏ @VinceYoung (twitter)

All respect to the Buffalo Bills organization great workout today honor to meet all the coaches and players and respect to Buddy Nix.

https://twitter.com/#!/VinceYoung (https://twitter.com/#%21/VinceYoung)

Anyone on twitter how about giving Vince a friendly shout(tweet)
I think I have finally discovered my pet peeve. Professional players know that their quotes are going to be read by thousands of fans as well as the media yet they cannot put forth the effort to use proper sentence structure. Maybe it's just me but I find it to be very annoying and somewhat arrogant.

That being said, I'm not opposed to giving Vince Young a chance. I feel as if we have enough leadership on this team to prevent him from ruining the group rapport.

Bert102176
05-03-2012, 06:32 AM
Think you mean Jason Campbell, he signed with Chicago.

yeah, ty

Figster
05-03-2012, 06:46 AM
I think I have finally discovered my pet peeve. Professional players know that their quotes are going to be read by thousands of fans as well as the media yet they cannot put forth the effort to use proper sentence structure. Maybe it's just me but I find it to be very annoying and somewhat arrogant.

That being said, I'm not opposed to giving Vince Young a chance. I feel as if we have enough leadership on this team to prevent him from ruining the group rapport.

It actually not a bad display of arrogance yourself Mark.

Yasgur's Farm
05-03-2012, 08:22 AM
Fixed your sentnce structure for you... See the red man!
I think I have finally discovered my pet peeve. Professional players know that their quotes are going to be read by thousands of fans as well as the media, yet they cannot put forth the effort to use proper sentence structure. Maybe it's just me, but I find it to be very annoying and somewhat arrogant.

Skooby
05-03-2012, 09:46 AM
No deal imminent for VY:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828d6076/article/no-deal-imminent-for-vince-young-in-buffalo?module=HP11_headline_stack

ServoBillieves
05-03-2012, 09:56 AM
"If Chan Gailey can't save Vince's career, no one can."

Haha quote of the day.

justasportsfan
05-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Vince Young “looked good” at Bills tryout, no deal yet

Receiver David Nelson was one of the players who caught passes from the man who was the third overall pick in the 2006 draft.

"He looked good,” Nelson said, via the Associated Press. “Big guy. Physical and aggressive. He’s in shape. He’s definitely in shape working out and working hard.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/03/vince-young-looked-good-at-bills-tryout-no-deal-yet/

stuckincincy
05-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Vince Young “looked good” at Bills tryout, no deal yet

Receiver David Nelson was one of the players who caught passes from the man who was the third overall pick in the 2006 draft.

"He looked good,” Nelson said, via the Associated Press. “Big guy. Physical and aggressive. He’s in shape. He’s definitely in shape working out and working hard.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/03/vince-young-looked-good-at-bills-tryout-no-deal-yet/

Thanks for the info. I think it would be foolish to dismiss him out of hand. The BUF franchise hasn't exactly distinguished itself with their qb choices since Kelly broke down and left. And that was a long time ago.

EDS
05-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Coes anyone know why was Vince so bad in Philly last year?

mikemac2001
05-03-2012, 11:21 AM

who wasnt bad in philly (other then mccoy)

jackson was being a baby there D could barely stop anyone and not having a full offseason hurt as well.

#1 pick
05-03-2012, 11:36 AM
They tired to use him like Vick. Pass first and set the pass up for the run. It worked with Vick because Vick is an elite runner and a total playmaker in terms of playing style but VY is a game manager. Not to mention Riley Cooper was his best WR when he played. Desean could almost care less for most of last season. A lot of issues with Philly. They finally got it together but it was much too late.

TigerJ
05-03-2012, 11:54 AM
I know Vince Young had maturity issues when he was at Tennessee. He's close to 30 years old now, and has had time to grow up. He knows his time to get a starting gig in the NFL is over. I'm of the opinion that people can change. I figure the Bills will do their due dilligence and look at the psychological issues with Vince Young. If they think there are still going to be issues, they'll look in a different direction. If they decide VY has finally gained some maturity and they want him as a backup, I trust their decision.

The criteria would be different for a starter, but I don't see VY that way at all.

EDS
05-03-2012, 12:32 PM
They tired to use him like Vick. Pass first and set the pass up for the run. It worked with Vick because Vick is an elite runner and a total playmaker in terms of playing style but VY is a game manager. Not to mention Riley Cooper was his best WR when he played. Desean could almost care less for most of last season. A lot of issues with Philly. They finally got it together but it was much too late.

So how does Vince fit the Bills offense, which is pass heavy?

PTI
05-03-2012, 12:38 PM

Vince Young's yards per attempt is WAY better than Fitzpatrick's. Not sure how young would not fit in, he was accurate as Fitzpatrick before this season when all Fitzpatrick completed was passes under 6 yards, I imagine Young can do that just fine, and he throws a way better long ball. Please describe how Fitz makes this pass heavy offense work better than anyone else other than overthrowing all long passes, getting his WRs killed producing very poor YAC and awful YPA and throwing tons of interceptions.

#1 pick
05-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Buffalo establishes the run. Philly doesn't. They didn't even do so under McNabb since his prime. They are pass first. Tenn was run first, Atl who passes the ball a lot more than Buff due to possession is run first. That matters.

#1 pick
05-03-2012, 12:40 PM
I personally don't think he should be in a pass first offense but a spread offense is very favorable to mobile QB's of late. Look at Cam Newton in that regard. You put Cam in a WCO and he would struggle. Look at Aaron Rodgers who is a superior player to VY but look at him nonetheless.

Mr. Miyagi
05-03-2012, 12:53 PM

Have you heard him talk? It's not an online thing.

SquishDaFish
05-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Vince Young's yards per attempt is WAY better than Fitzpatrick's. Not sure how young would not fit in, he was accurate as Fitzpatrick before this season when all Fitzpatrick completed was passes under 6 yards, I imagine Young can do that just fine, and he throws a way better long ball. Please describe how Fitz makes this pass heavy offense work better than anyone else other than overthrowing all long passes, getting his WRs killed producing very poor YAC and awful YPA and throwing tons of interceptions.

Will you please get the **** over it. You have put your hatred out there enough already. Just ****ing stop your annoying. Fitz is our starter so grt ****ing used to it or go be a phins fan

Mr. Miyagi
05-03-2012, 12:56 PM
:yawn:

EDS
05-03-2012, 01:47 PM

Fitz is what he is, a journeyman. You could replace him with Orton, Cassell and other similar mediocre QBs and get similar results.

Vince young has a career completion rate of 57.9%, which is well below average for a starting QB in the NFL these days.

PTI
05-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Fitz is what he is, a journeyman. You could replace him with Orton, Cassell and other similar mediocre QBs and get similar results.

Vince young has a career completion rate of 57.9%, which is well below average for a starting QB in the NFL these days.

Fitzpatrick's was the same before he completed a bunch of 6 yard passes last year. You would get similar stats, but likely win more, all the other guys you name have won a higher percentage with equal stats, Fitz just is not a winner.

BertSquirtgum
05-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Young is the idiot. I won't sink to the same level and bestow the same label on anybody that actually wants to sign the basket case. I'd rather take my chances with Tanney than Young if Fitz can't play.

We brought him in, kicked his tires (yay for due diligence) and hopefully concluded that he's a lemon.

I agree. I should have said anyone who wants to go into the season with Tyler Thigpen as the back up in an idiot. That being said, regardless if he is nuts, I would feel much more comfortable with Vince Young as the #2 rather than Pigpen or an UDFA.

FlyingDutchman
05-03-2012, 07:39 PM
I dont get the protest from people...Its our backup quarterback position...who really cares, our other option completely blows...nutjob or not, Ive seen Vince Young completely take over and dominate games before in the NFL, Including one time against us. I watched him single handedly beat the best college football team argubly in college history...bottom line is he has talent that cannot be taught...For the amount of time the back up QB plays mixed with lack of other options, Im willing to roll the dice that he keeps his mind right. He has too much breakout possibility to NOT want him as a clip board holder, and someone to use in a pinch

YardRat
05-03-2012, 08:15 PM
I dont get the protest from people...Its our backup quarterback position...who really cares, our other option completely blows...nutjob or not, Ive seen Vince Young completely take over and dominate games before in the NFL, Including one time against us. I watched him single handedly beat the best college football team argubly in college history...bottom line is he has talent that cannot be taught...For the amount of time the back up QB plays mixed with lack of other options, Im willing to roll the dice that he keeps his mind right. He has too much breakout possibility to NOT want him as a clip board holder, and someone to use in a pinch

If it isn't that important, than go with the young guy that you know doesn't have maturity issues rather than risk a whackjob disrupting team chemistry.

Hell, Tanney or Corp could match this stat line in a pinch...

66 out 114 for 866 yards, 4 td's, 9 ints, 8 sacks.

Skooby
05-03-2012, 08:56 PM
If it isn't that important, than go with the young guy that you know doesn't have maturity issues rather than risk a whackjob disrupting team chemistry.

The guy made 2 probowls & was ROTY, so he has a little more cred than unproven potential in others.

FlyingDutchman
05-03-2012, 09:06 PM

What have those kids ever done? What is team chemistry if you're getting your butt kicked bc your QB can't complete a pass?

Last year it wasn't Young, it was the Eagles