PDA

View Full Version : Junior Seau found dead

Philagape
05-02-2012, 01:17 PM
TMZ reporting, picked up by PFW and Fox on Twitter. Reportedly a shooting at his home.

justasportsfan
05-02-2012, 01:21 PM
wow! He was my favorite player before going to the fins and pats.. RIP!

CleveSteve
05-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Terrible. RIP.

mikemac2001
05-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Wow thats ****ed up

buffalobillsfan95
05-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Left 3 kids :( rip and may his family find stability and happiness

Captain gameboy
05-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Wow.

THATHURMANATOR
05-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Suicide they are saying....

BillsOverDolphins
05-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Suicide they are saying....
Yup. Condolences to the family.

thenry20
05-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Let's hope it's not a suicide.

hammerbillsfan
05-02-2012, 01:30 PM
RIP Junior Seau :pray:

ParanoidAndroid
05-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Let's hope it's not a suicide.

Of course you mean rather than an accident, right? I mean, suicide, while still awful, is better than murder.

RIP...

dannyek71
05-02-2012, 01:35 PM
I wonder if it is linked to head trauma?

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2012, 01:38 PM
sad. one of my favorite players. rip

Forward_Lateral
05-02-2012, 01:39 PM
RIP Junior. If it is a suicide, you can bet the debate on head trauma causing brain damage and leading to depression will be in full force.

Sucks for his kids that he leaves behind.

Static
05-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Sad. :pray:

DraftBoy
05-02-2012, 01:47 PM
They are saying self inflicted gun shot wound to the chest. Speculation is that he intended to do that in order preserve his brain the way Duerson did last year so it can be studied.

He also reportedly texted his family yesterday to say that he loved them.

There have been far too many great men lost in recent years that played this game. This one hits the hardest for me, just because I grew up watching Seau play. He was the definition of how you play LB in this league.

So very sad.

RIP

SquishDaFish
05-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Oh Man one of my fav LBs along with Spielman

RIP

Skooby
05-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Oh man, I love Jr. He saved my bacon many a techmobowl games against that Jerry Rice play that was all but unstoppable. RIP.

Ed
05-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Just read the following from a yahoo article that I found pretty surprising:

Seau is the eighth member of the Chargers 1994 Super Bowl team to pass.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-nfl-legend-junior-seau-dead-182120394.html;_ylt=Agna0xKUCHnTeOT8f1aD.BA5nYcB

BillsOverDolphins
05-02-2012, 01:53 PM
They are saying self inflicted gun shot wound to the chest. Speculation is that he intended to do that in order preserve his brain the way Duerson did last year so it can be studied.

He also reportedly texted his family yesterday to say that he loved them.

There have been far too many great men lost in recent years that played this game. This one hits the hardest for me, just because I grew up watching Seau play. He was the definition of how you play LB in this league.

So very sad.

RIP

WOW...this is getting out of hand

stuckincincy
05-02-2012, 01:53 PM
RIP.

OpIv37
05-02-2012, 01:58 PM
I loved watching Junior when he was in SD.

I wasn't happy when he went to the Fins. And it would have been funny the way he sold them out, if he didn't do it to join the ****ing Pats. Then he started celebrating every tackle as if he just won the Super Bowl. It soiled his legacy for me.

That being said, it's still sad that his life ended this way and I feel bad for his family.

The Spaz
05-02-2012, 02:21 PM
I don't want to hear the players defend this bounty scandal anymore after what just happened to Seau! RIP!

BillsFanInMass
05-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Makes me think it wasnt an accident when he drove his truck off the road after beating up his gf.

TMu11
05-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Damn- RIP to a legend

BillsFanInMass
05-02-2012, 02:43 PM
RIP

Extremebillsfan247
05-02-2012, 02:45 PM
I'm stunned by the news. I remember watching him play. He is 3 years older than I am. Sad day for the sport, his family, and the many friends he had, not to mention the many players in the NFL who try to follow the example he left behind as a professional.

better days
05-02-2012, 03:04 PM
RIP Jr. & condolences to the Seau family. The ironic thing to me is the game was MUCH more physical years ago, in the 40's 50's & 60's when the equipment was much less "protective". I think the equipment used in modern times may have played a big role in injuries.

capitolneal
05-02-2012, 03:09 PM
sad day

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2012, 03:20 PM
RIP Jr. & condolences to the Seau family. The ironic thing to me is the game was MUCH more physical years ago, in the 40's 50's & 60's when the equipment was much less "protective". I think the equipment used in modern times may have played a big role in injuries.

i disagree man...

i think having these collisions for 20 years can cause serious brain damage. and the players are bigger, faster, and stronger now.

these guys are benching 500lbs for christs sake..

CleveSteve
05-02-2012, 03:22 PM
And the NFL doesn't call spearing anymore...

better days
05-02-2012, 03:42 PM
i disagree man...

i think having these collisions for 20 years can cause serious brain damage. and the players are bigger, faster, and stronger now.

these guys are benching 500lbs for christs sake..

OK tell me the last NFL player from the 40's 50's or 60's that commited suicide. Those guys got beat up , their bodies are a wreck, but they don't seem to have the concussion problems todays players suffer from.

I think that is due to the equipment that made them feel safer than they were. Those plastic helmets with the face guards may have kept them looking prettier than their older counterparts that suffered broken noses, black eyes, broken jaws, tooth loss, but they did not prevent concussions.

No scientific proof on that, just my opinion after watching YEARS of Football.

DraftBoy
05-02-2012, 03:45 PM
A very emotional Marcellus Wiley was live on his radio show in LA when the news was breaking. Apparently he was literally crying on air, I haven't heard the clip but he braved through and finished the show.

Im sure this was very difficult for him.

Extremebillsfan247
05-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Players now are much bigger and more athletic than they were back then. Everything from daily nutrition, to regimental exercise is so much more advanced. The downside is catastrophic injuries are far more frequent even though safety measures are at the forefront in today's NFL.

While concussions are at the forefront of most media conglomerates, other severe injuries can have life long effects. We are not ignorant of that kind of thing as fans ourselves. One only has to remember what happened to former Bill, Kevin Everett.

When Seau played, a good portion of players experimented with performance enhancers before a lot was really known about them outside of the fitness circle. Some were not yet considered a part of the steroid family at the time.

What I see a lot of players complain about is what often happens after their NFL Careers are over. It was said frequently during the NFL lockout that there just isn't enough support from the NFL with all the medical issues that pop up from spending that 10 to 15 years of playing the game, grinding through injuries that would sideline most ordinary people from less strenuous lines of work.

From what I understand, NFL Players don't have a retirement plan in place for medical issues that were results of wear and tare during their time in the NFL. That has to change in my opinion.

ddaryl
05-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Horrible.. very sad day for the NFL....

the best to his family... nothing can make up for this loss, but I hope they find strength with each other

better days
05-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Players now are much bigger and more athletic than they were back then. Everything from daily nutrition, to regimental exercise is so much more advanced. The downside is catastrophic injuries are far more frequent even though safety measures are at the forefront in today's NFL.

While concussions are at the forefront of most media conglomerates, other severe injuries can have life long effects. We are not ignorant of that kind of thing as fans ourselves. One only has to remember what happened to former Bill, Kevin Everett.

When Seau played, a good portion of players experimented with performance enhancers before a lot was really known about them outside of the fitness circle. Some were not yet considered a part of the steroid family at the time.

What I see a lot of players complain about is that after their NFL Careers are over. It was said frequently during the NFL lockout that there just isn't enough support from the NFL with all the medical issues that pop up from spending that 10 to 15 years of playing the game, grinding through injuries that would sideline most ordinary people from less strenuous lines of work.

From what I understand, NFL Players don't have a retirement plan in place for medical issues that were results of wear and tare during their time in the NFL. That has to change in my opinion.

The NFL Players association will have to step up to help former players & make that an issue when contracts are discussed with the owners, but they NEVER do, people are SELFISH.

They only want what they can get for themselves whitout any concern for those that went before them & made the game as popular as it is today.

Yes, drugs contribute & people are bigger today, but IMO the equipment is the #1 reason for concussions in modern Football.

The equipment the players wear today is not far removed from the robot on the Fox pregame show. I think they are using that equipment not to protect themselves, but as a weapon.

jpdex12
05-02-2012, 04:03 PM

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-02-2012, 04:06 PM
i always liked him even when he played for the pats and fish
im sad by his death/ sad day

YardRat
05-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Condolences to the family.

imbondz
05-02-2012, 04:52 PM
so sad...

The last buffalo fan
05-02-2012, 04:55 PM
:pray: RIP.

Mike13
05-02-2012, 05:04 PM
very sad news indeed.

Jaydog57
05-02-2012, 05:07 PM
That's a shame. Over the years I've read about people meeting him in public and saying he was a genuinely nice guy, besides being an amazing football player. RIP.......

mikemac2001
05-02-2012, 05:12 PM
To many hits to the head....didnt he have an incident where he crashed his car? YA linked below

i wonder if he attempted it then.

http://media.utsandiego.com/img/photos/2010/10/18/seaucar_t620.JPG?3ba288e077780dca5879b70fc3e0b2d025cf5799

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2010/oct/18/junior-seau-injured-car-accident-tmz-reports-it-fo/

djjimkelly
05-02-2012, 05:21 PM
shame junior was a class act

life is difficult this to me isnt an answer

Ed
05-02-2012, 05:23 PM

No, it isn't an answer. Especially when you think about the amount of pain and suffering you just dumped on your kids.

Bills41
05-02-2012, 05:26 PM
RIP Junior, gone too soon!

DraftBoy
05-02-2012, 06:19 PM

Im not disagreeing with the point but some are saying that if he choose to purposely preserve his brain by shooting himself in the chest, it was a way of almost martyring himself to further the impact of concussion research on football players.

imbondz
05-02-2012, 06:28 PM
a friend of Seau's spoke to him last week about a surfing trip they all were going to take. said he never once heard Seau complain about concussions. which if he did suffer, must have been even harder to deal with if he never talked about em.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/05/junior-seau-suicide-donald-takayama/1

paladin warrior
05-02-2012, 06:33 PM
:teary: sad

mikemac2001
05-02-2012, 06:34 PM
a friend of Seau's spoke to him last week about a surfing trip they all were going to take. said he never once heard Seau complain about concussions. which if he did suffer, must have been even harder to deal with if he never talked about em.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/05/junior-seau-suicide-donald-takayama/1

on sirius they had willie roaf talk about how he talked with dermonte dawson and dawson said he called seau this morning to play golf but seau said he couldnt make it

G Wolly
05-02-2012, 07:37 PM
dawson said he called seau this morning to play golf but seau said he couldnt make it

just wow. amazing what can change in an instant. that's rough.

Tatonka
05-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Of course you mean rather than an accident, right? I mean, suicide, while still awful, is better than murder.

RIP...

why is that?? i would much rather know that if someone close to me was gone, that didnt decide that i wasnt important enough to stick around for .. that they didnt leave on purpose..

Tatonka
05-02-2012, 08:19 PM
That's a shame. Over the years I've read about people meeting him in public and saying he was a genuinely nice guy, besides being an amazing football player. RIP.......

i guess none of them were his ex girlfriend that he beat the **** out of...

Tatonka
05-02-2012, 08:22 PM
No, it isn't an answer. Especially when you think about the amount of pain and suffering you just dumped on your kids.

thats my point exactly. i have had experience with suicide and it is a cowardly act that leaves those around you left to pick up the pieces.. kids with no father.. friends and family that feel the guilt of his choice for a lifetime.. what he did was bull****.. im not losing any sleep over it.

gr8slayer
05-02-2012, 08:25 PM
He never was really that good against the shotgun.

Sorry, too soon, I know! In all seriousness, I can remember rooting him on as a kid. He was easily one of my most memorable sports figures growing up.

Crisis
05-03-2012, 12:56 AM
Saints' OL Eric Olsen posted this on twitter (read it top to bottom)

http://i.imgur.com/1U3Ay.png

Romes
05-03-2012, 03:58 AM
thats my point exactly. i have had experience with suicide and it is a cowardly act that leaves those around you left to pick up the pieces.. kids with no father.. friends and family that feel the guilt of his choice for a lifetime.. what he did was bull****.. im not losing any sleep over it.

I'm sure his family and friends are very concerned that you are not mourning.

Perhaps there are different reasons for someone to commit suicide. I wouldn't start painting everyone who commits it, with the broad brush of cowardice.

YardRat
05-03-2012, 05:28 AM
To many hits to the head....

Not necessarily.

zone
05-03-2012, 05:47 AM
Im not disagreeing with the point but some are saying that if he choose to purposely preserve his brain by shooting himself in the chest, it was a way of almost martyring himself to further the impact of concussion research on football players.
He could have made even a bigger impact helping further research by being alive and publicly speaking about it and answering questions about symptoms he has for researchers. Ending your life really doesn't help anything.

mikemac2001
05-03-2012, 07:37 AM
Not necessarily.

Thats why he didnt shoot himself in the head he knew the only way to help future cases was to save it to be examined

this sucks but its the truth nfl ****ed up a lot of players short lives. Who wants there childhood hereos killing themself at 43 this is ****ed and wouldnt be surprised if more happen

better days
05-03-2012, 07:46 AM
Thats why he didnt shoot himself in the head he knew the only way to help future cases was to save it to be examined

this sucks but its the truth nfl ****ed up a lot of players short lives. Who wants there childhood hereos killing themself at 43 this is ****ed and wouldnt be surprised if more happen

Well, when Seau went to the Pats* he looked & played like he was 27-28 years old again after looking old & slow while in Miami.

I would not be surprised to find he took illegal drugs in order to play the way he did in N.E. & that may well have been the cause of his depression & death.

If so, that can only be blamed on Seau, not the NFL.

stuckincincy
05-03-2012, 08:04 AM
Here are some fond words about Junior, from B'gals lb, Rey Maualuga:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/A-song-for-Junior/9bd6d845-e4db-484d-b3d6-78e5e4c33d37

mikemac2001
05-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Well, when Seau went to the Pats* he looked & played like he was 27-28 years old again after looking old & slow while in Miami.

I would not be surprised to find he took illegal drugs in order to play the way he did in N.E. & that may well have been the cause of his depression & death.

If so, that can only be blamed on Seau, not the NFL.

Ill take my chances on the 1000+ tackles then him taking steroids or HGH

either way its ****ing sucks always respected him

better days
05-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Ill take my chances on the 1000+ tackles then him taking steroids or HGH

either way its ****ing sucks always respected him

Tackling a guy does not cause depression, in fact it is a great way to relieve aggression. I would put my money on drugs being responsible for his depression myself.

Suicide sucks, but I don't know that the NFL can be blamed at all. MANY players have played the game, gave & received many hits without suffering depression & killing themselves.

mikemac2001
05-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Tackling a guy does not cause depression, in fact it is a great way to relieve aggression. I would put my money on drugs being responsible for his depression myself.

Suicide sucks, but I don't know that the NFL can be blamed at all. MANY players have played the game, gave & received many hits without suffering depression & killing themselves.

And they have also shown that blows to the head can lead to many other side affects after there playing days, maybe it is different for every player or maybe with the combination of drugs creates more havoc, but please dont tell me his tackles didnt cause any damage

dasaybz
05-03-2012, 09:04 AM

You are way off base hear. Tackling a guy doesn't cause depression, but the effects of too many concussions on your brain certainly can. Was he a drug user? Probably will never know, but we do know this. The guy played in the NFL for a very long time, and he played perhaps the most violent position on the football field, and he was a very violent tackler. After years of pounding and abuse on his brain, it is very feasible that his issues were football related.

Also, to an earlier post, saying someone is a coward for committing suicide is just really such a broad statement to make. Nobody knows what these people are feeling, and depression and mental illness is very real. No normal functioning person would want to kill themselves.

CleveSteve
05-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Junior Seau was never listed as having a concussion in 20 years of injury reports.

There are many reasons a professional athlete would want to end their lives.

An emotional Michael Irvin was saying on NFLN yesterday how good it was for him to have Eisen, Sapp, Mayock, and Charles Davis around him and how it felt like a locker room. He said some guys need to have that locker room, and that Seau may have been one of them.

I imagine it would be a rough adjustment from having 50,000 people screaming for your success to running errands at the grocery store, sitting in traffic, watching the Real Housewives of Orange County, going through a divorce, fighting over custody, calling the plumber, walking the dog, checking the paper to see if there are any movies that look interesting, etc.

It doesn't have to be due to concussions. Maybe he just didn't want his family to have to close the casket.

Tatonka
05-03-2012, 06:28 PM
all you people that say you "respect" him.. i dont get it.. you didnt know him.. you know he was an incredible football player for a long time.. and he was a father and he was arrested for beating up his girlfriend and driving his car off a cliff.. thats about it.. do you respect every good football player?

gr8slayer
05-03-2012, 08:07 PM
all you people that say you "respect" him.. i dont get it.. you didnt know him.. you know he was an incredible football player for a long time.. and he was a father and he was arrested for beating up his girlfriend and driving his car off a cliff.. thats about it.. do you respect every good football player?
I can't speak for everybody, but for me personally I think it had more to do with me being a kid, and him sticking out apart from everyone else. He was clearly the face of the franchise, and was probably the most energetic player I had ever seen to that point in my life. What he did off the field, I try to separate.

Tatonka
05-03-2012, 08:44 PM
i hear you totally.. growing up, jim kelly was my idol.. and i got to meet him on a personal level.. he was totally nice to me and seemed like a great guy.. but turns out, that while he was a great player and a really nice guy to his fans, there was plenty of stuff going on behind the scenes that he was fortunate to not have public..

i guess i look at the whole respect thing slightly different.. i dont really respect any athletes.. i respect soldiers and teachers and people like that..

but i do get what your saying.. and i am obviously opinionated about the topic of suicide.. as i've dealt with it first hand.. im not trying to be disrespectful to anyone here on the board.. i just dont agree with what the guy did.. off the field, regarding the domestic violence and the suicide.. the tendency is to make the guy out to be a saint (media, ect), when he was anything but.. i also understand depression, but people dont get a free pass for hitting women and kiling themselves just because they are depressed.

ServoBillieves
05-03-2012, 08:54 PM
People commit suicide every day. If anything, I think less of them for doing so. Not knowing all the details on this one, I can't weigh in, but suicide is suicide. You couldn't handle the one life you were given and decided to end it.

It is easily the most selfish thing that a person can do. You leave your family, your loved ones, and your fans behind to mourn for you. Why mourn? He wanted to end it, so he did. I am playing the black card here but why would I feel bad for someone who wasted his opportunity at a long life after making millions of dollars? Must have sucked playing golf with Jerry Rice on Monday.

Headaches? See a doctor. Other medical issues? Keep seeing a doctor. Let the Maker's plan go through and deal with it. Lord knows you have the damn money to do it.

I show no remorse for anyone who commits this heinous act. Some kid in the US committed suicide today, but he wasn't a millionaire and didn't play football on a national level, where is his 20 minute spot on SportsCenter?

RIP Buddy, but this is getting out of hand. He will go in to the Hall of Fame, and he deserves it, but I am a firm believer in living life to the fullest.

gr8slayer
05-03-2012, 08:57 PM
i hear you totally.. growing up, jim kelly was my idol.. and i got to meet him on a personal level.. he was totally nice to me and seemed like a great guy.. but turns out, that while he was a great player and a really nice guy to his fans, there was plenty of stuff going on behind the scenes that he was fortunate to not have public..

i guess i look at the whole respect thing slightly different.. i dont really respect any athletes.. i respect soldiers and teachers and people like that..

but i do get what your saying.. and i am obviously opinionated about the topic of suicide.. as i've dealt with it first hand.. im not trying to be disrespectful to anyone here on the board.. i just dont agree with what the guy did.. off the field, regarding the domestic violence and the suicide.. the tendency is to make the guy out to be a saint (media, ect), when he was anything but.. i also understand depression, but people dont get a free pass for hitting women and kiling themselves just because they are depressed.
I'm sorry to hear that. I too dealt with it first hand, sadly it was this year. I understand your stance on the topic, but I think that it's only natural to feel a sense of pity for someone in a situation like this. Especially when it's someone that was in the spotlight for so long, and especially when you're talking about it with die-hard football fans. He was a guy that even though you weren't a fan of the Chargers, you were a fan of his.

What he did off the field is honestly none of my business. I think it's unfortunate that the media has put celebrities in a place where we're all basically forced to know everything going on in their lives, whether we want to or not. I do not condone killing oneself, and I certainly don't condone violence against women, but I also don't know the entire story. I do know that outside of his personal life, he also touched a lot of lives in a very positive way. He did a lot of charity work, and from what I understand, was an extremely giving person to those less fortunate.

Tatonka
05-03-2012, 09:10 PM
People commit suicide every day. If anything, I think less of them for doing so. Not knowing all the details on this one, I can't weigh in, but suicide is suicide. You couldn't handle the one life you were given and decided to end it.

It is easily the most selfish thing that a person can do. You leave your family, your loved ones, and your fans behind to mourn for you. Why mourn? He wanted to end it, so he did. I am playing the black card here but why would I feel bad for someone who wasted his opportunity at a long life after making millions of dollars? Must have sucked playing golf with Jerry Rice on Monday.

Headaches? See a doctor. Other medical issues? Keep seeing a doctor. Let the Maker's plan go through and deal with it. Lord knows you have the damn money to do it.

I show no remorse for anyone who commits this heinous act. Some kid in the US committed suicide today, but he wasn't a millionaire and didn't play football on a national level, where is his 20 minute spot on SportsCenter?

RIP Buddy, but this is getting out of hand. He will go in to the Hall of Fame, and he deserves it, but I am a firm believer in living life to the fullest.very well said...

Tatonka
05-03-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I too dealt with it first hand, sadly it was this year. I understand your stance on the topic, but I think that it's only natural to feel a sense of pity for someone in a situation like this. Especially when it's someone that was in the spotlight for so long, and especially when you're talking about it with die-hard football fans. He was a guy that even though you weren't a fan of the Chargers, you were a fan of his.

What he did off the field is honestly none of my business. I think it's unfortunate that the media has put celebrities in a place where we're all basically forced to know everything going on in their lives, whether we want to or not. I do not condone killing oneself, and I certainly don't condone violence against women, but I also don't know the entire story. I do know that outside of his personal life, he also touched a lot of lives in a very positive way. He did a lot of charity work, and from what I understand, was an extremely giving person to those less fortunate.

also well said.

zone
05-03-2012, 10:12 PM
The bottom line is people are depressed and have mental issues in all walks of life Seau being famous obviously draws attention to the issue but there are blows to the head in every sport and clearly getting repeatly beat in the head is not a good thing for anyone. Think of boxing, hockey, rugby, soccer, etc these sports players all take blows to the head and not just on a professional level I have probably had a few conclusions and I only played football for 8 years. Killing yourself solves nothing, that act ends it all and there are several other options to exhaust before carrying out a plan to end your life in a specific way to use your brain for a cry for help that no one can bring you back from.

Where does the line get drawn, was the soldier who killer women and children justified because he had PTSD? Can OJ murdering his wife be accredited to concussions? Seau may have been a great guy on the surface but he carried out an extremely selfish act leaving behind a family to deal with the aftermath IMO.

better days
05-03-2012, 10:57 PM
And they have also shown that blows to the head can lead to many other side affects after there playing days, maybe it is different for every player or maybe with the combination of drugs creates more havoc, but please dont tell me his tackles didnt cause any damage

Well I'm not saying no damage was done, but Seau inflicted MUCH more damage than he received during his career. I'm not buying his depression & suicide was due to head trauma unless it is proven by scientists.

Tbuffalobills
05-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Love you JR!

Slim
05-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Good article written by Gregg Doyel on the situation.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/18962895/video-of-seaus-grieving-mother-is-agonizing-but-we-all-need-to-see-it

Novacane
05-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Lot of people who know nothing about Seaus personal life jumping to conclusions in this thread. He could have been depressed for any reason but all you experts know it was because he took to many hits to the head playing football. :rolleyes:

mikemac2001
05-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Lot of people who know nothing about Seaus personal life jumping to conclusions in this thread. He could have been depressed for any reason but all you experts know it was because he took to many hits to the head playing football. :rolleyes:

Wow its a forum to discuss different things going on, no one is out there saying they are an expert. i honestly have no idea but i am just using common sense, also with his car going off the cliff in 2010 just seems like something wasnt right upstairs.

if you dont like people posting their thoughts maybe you shouldnt come to a public forum.

Novacane
05-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Wow its a forum to discuss different things going on, no one is out there saying they are an expert. i honestly have no idea but i am just using common sense, also with his car going off the cliff in 2010 just seems like something wasnt right upstairs.

if you dont like people posting their thoughts maybe you shouldnt come to a public forum.

Oh Stop being a drama queen. Post your thoughts all you want. I'll continue to tell you you're wrong ;)

I don't think it is common sense that his death had something to do with head trauma. People kill themselves everyday. How many of them played a violent sport? How many people that did play a violent sport commit suicide? Is it a higher % than the rest of the population?

Figster
05-06-2012, 08:02 AM
Regardless IF CET was a factor in Seau's suicide or not, the time , effort, and resources would be much better spent developing preventative measures to reduce head trauma.

In my opinion liquid filled inner helmet padding would greatly decrease impact.

This is not my idea, God has been using liquid as a means of protection since the beginning of time. Mother Earth is a great example. We are protected by a barrier of liquid in our mothers womb before child birth. The displacement properties of liquid are key.

Anyone think Thigpen should be sent packing for excessive gambling?

I do...

Tatonka
05-06-2012, 01:07 PM
excessive gambling?

YardRat
05-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Regardless IF CET was a factor in Seau's suicide or not, the time , effort, and resources would be much better spent developing preventative measures to reduce head trauma.

In my opinion liquid filled inner helmet padding would greatly decrease impact.

This is not my idea, God has been using liquid as a means of protection since the beginning of time. Mother Earth is a great example. We are protected by a barrier of liquid in our mothers womb before child birth. The displacement properties of liquid are key.

Anyone think Thigpen should be sent packing for excessive gambling?

I do...

The brain itself is protected by fluid.

Figster
05-06-2012, 02:20 PM
excessive gambling?

Thigpen won a $100,000 on the Kentucky Derby yesterday on a 12-1 horse

Figster
05-06-2012, 02:26 PM
The brain itself is protected by fluid.

There are many good examples of how a liquids displacement properties reduce impact and provide a protective barrier. Another good example is a diver doing a belly splash into small depth of water from over a 100 ft in the air, try landing on inner helmet padding and see how well it works.

Typ0
05-07-2012, 09:59 AM
They should either get rid of helmuts or put giant protruding spears on them...

Figster
05-07-2012, 10:09 AM
They should either get rid of helmuts or put giant protruding spears on them...

Repelling magnetically did come to mind actually, hehe, but then you are back to square one again, which is causing neck injury while trying to prevent head injury.