PDA

View Full Version : my superbowl prediction!!

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2012, 06:57 PM
BILLS 27
LIONS 24

Luisito23
05-02-2012, 06:59 PM
You're such a horrible, and annoying poster.

Not a prediction, but a fact.

Skooby
05-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Where's Matt Millen sitting?

BillsOwnAll
05-02-2012, 07:40 PM
That was so last year...

Buffalo Thriller
05-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Why is this even a post?

gr8slayer
05-02-2012, 07:52 PM
BILLS 27
LIONS 24
Any particular reason why you think these two teams should be considered the favorites?

Jersey1031
05-02-2012, 08:09 PM
And then you woke up...

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Any particular reason why you think these two teams should be considered the favorites?

i feel both teams have the best young talent. duh

gr8slayer
05-02-2012, 08:24 PM
i feel both teams have the best young talent. duh
That's it? You're really going to have to do better than that.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2012, 08:30 PM
That's it? You're really going to have to do better than that.

ok...

i think this bills team is very similar in skill set to the chargers teams of 05-06...

i feel the lions dline is top 3 in the league and awesome! their back seven is very fast and young...

delmas, spievey, houston, bentley, greenwood, berry, smith, durant, levy, tulloch, hogue, etc..

they have the best young qb in the league imo...

the lions also have the best player in the league in calvin!

i stand by my prediction.

and generally speaking, younger teams are a couple steps faster and usually have less injuries.

the lions are also in their 4th year under mayhew, usually thats the year a team breaks out and makes a serious run..

saints of 09, cowboys of 92, pack of 95, etc.

gr8slayer
05-02-2012, 08:34 PM
ok...

i think this bills team is very similar in skill set to the chargers teams of 05-06...

i feel the lions dline is top 3 in the league and awesome! their back seven is very fast and young...

delmas, spievey, houston, bentley, greenwood, berry, smith, durant, levy, tulloch, hogue, etc..

they have the best young qb in the league imo...

the lions also have the best player in the league in calvin!

i stand by my prediction.

and generally speaking, younger teams are a couple steps faster and usually have less injuries.
Fair enough, thanks for the explanation. I'm curious, how do you feel about the Lions depth on the OL (or lack thereof) and their poor RB corps.

Ginger Vitis
05-02-2012, 08:38 PM
I don't think it's completely off the wall that the Lions could make it to the Superbowl.. The Bills though.. really hard to think they can make it with Fitzpatrick as the QB

gr8slayer
05-02-2012, 08:42 PM
I don't think it's completely off the wall that the Lions could make it to the Superbowl.. The Bills though.. really hard to think they can make it with Fitzpatrick as the QB
The Bills have improved, there's no doubt about it, but I still think they are a couple of years away from being in the SB talks.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Fair enough, thanks for the explanation. I'm curious, how do you feel about the Lions depth on the OL (or lack thereof) and their poor RB corps.

backus and cherilus were above average in pass protection last year, but stafford helped with that and backus is getting older...

but they drafted reiff who should play rt and then take over at lt next year.

hilliard is a decent backup swing tackle, plus they have cherilus and fox...

inside they have gandy- ugh, and mclendon at guard. mclendon has talent...

i like their depth in hilliard, cherilus, and mclendon...

rb is a mess for the lions.

best is done for his career imo. leshoure is coming of an achilles tear and will be suspended at least 4 games.

they have smith, keiland williams, and joique bell. smith is good, but outside that, they dont have much at rb.

i predict they will sign either benson, grant, or hightower, or a june 1st cut at rb...

either way, say they sign benson, they will have 2 solid rbs and a nice 3rd down weapon in logan... so im not to worried about it.

their offense is unreal and the only reason they lost to new orleans was because delmas and houston got hurt in the 2nd qtr and fairley had a bad ankle all year...

calvin must be doubled, leaving that burner young all alone. thats tough! plus burleson and broyles will eat up nickel corners! pettigrew and scheff are as good as you get at te, and like i said, logan is dangerous on 3rd down...

gr8slayer
05-02-2012, 08:57 PM
backus and cherilus were above average in pass protection last year, but stafford helped with that and backus is getting older...

but they drafted reiff who should play rt and then take over at lt next year.

hilliard is a decent backup swing tackle, plus they have cherilus and fox...

inside they have gandy- ugh, and mclendon at guard. mclendon has talent...

i like their depth in hilliard, cherilus, and mclendon...

rb is a mess for the lions.

best is done for his career imo. leshoure is coming of an achilles tear and will be suspended at least 4 games.

they have smith, keiland williams, and joique bell. smith is good, but outside that, they dont have much at rb.

i predict they will sign either benson, grant, or hightower, or a june 1st cut at rb...

either way, say they sign benson, they will have 2 solid rbs and a nice 3rd down weapon in logan... so im not to worried about it.

their offense is unreal and the only reason they lost to new orleans was because delmas and houston got hurt in the 2nd qtr and fairley had a bad ankle all year...

calvin must be doubled, leaving that burner young all alone. thats tough! plus burleson and broyles will eat up nickel corners! pettigrew and scheff are as good as you get at te, and like i said, logan is dangerous on 3rd down...I don't agree that they should be looked upon as contenders, but it's a lot easier to take your prediction seriously with this kind of a post. Thanks for sharing.

JCBills
05-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Wouldn't "best youth" lean the thinking towards them being contenders in a few years?

The guys that usually make it to the big dance have been around a while.

This is a pretty ridiculous thread.

elltrain22
05-02-2012, 09:04 PM
You maybe a bit unrealistic, and may, to some, be overally optimistic, but IMO, I like people who love the Bills. You're good people to me MDP!!

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Wouldn't "best youth" lean the thinking towards them being contenders in a few years?

The guys that usually make it to the big dance have been around a while.

This is a pretty ridiculous thread.

92 dallas, 94 chargers, 95 steelers, 96 pats, 99 rams and titans, 2003 panthers, 08 cards, 09 saints,

generally, with a very bad team, if the rebuilding is done right, you break out big in year 3 or 4....

Dr. Lecter
05-02-2012, 09:30 PM
But generally the team was not 6-10 the year before winning the Super Bowl

Beebe's Kid
05-02-2012, 09:45 PM
But generally the team was not 6-10 the year before winning the Super Bowl
Come on, Doc. You're better than that. It may be a little optimistic, but not impossible. There has never been a team that won the Super Bowl based on their record from the season before. I know what you are saying, but I just think the argument lacks validity. Yes, the team was 6-10 , but they weren't 6-10 with their best Players on the field. They were banged up, and had no depth.

I am not saying they were the best 6-10 team ever, or that they might really compete this year...I would like to hope, like I do every year, but I think I will hold off on buying my SB tix until I see them...oh, I don't know...practice, or even play a few games in the regular season.

TMu11
05-03-2012, 06:52 AM
Wanna put some ZB's on it?

Say... all of them?

NOT THE DUDE...
05-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Wanna put some ZB's on it?

Say... all of them?

sure!

TMu11
05-03-2012, 08:36 AM
50k ZBs! I win either way

Bills win, I lose ZBs - SWEET!

Bills lose, I win ZBs - Damn... but alright

Dozerdog
05-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Re: my superbowl prediction!!

BILLS 27
LIONS 24

If you are referring to the Super Bowl played the Thursday before Labor Day- I'm all over it!

Extremebillsfan247
05-03-2012, 09:53 AM
I can't bet against my Bills. That's sacrilegious. :biggrin:

justasportsfan
05-03-2012, 09:57 AM
your prediction sucks. You didn't get the teams and scores right .

Bills 34
Packers 27

Extremebillsfan247
05-03-2012, 10:02 AM
your prediction sucks. You didn't get the teams and scores right .

Bills 34
Packers 27Well, Why not Bills vs Bears? Some of the Cutler faithful are probably still around. :biggrin: I'd pay to watch that even if I wasn't a Bills fan.

justasportsfan
05-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Well, Why not Bills vs Bears? Some of the Cutler faithful are probably still around. :biggrin: I'd pay to watch that even if I wasn't a Bills fan.

Have to pick Rodgers over Cutler

ServoBillieves
05-03-2012, 10:15 AM
It's truly a conundrum to think that the Bills and Lions would be in the Super Bowl, heck, even playoff contenders years ago, but with the rebuilding and copious amounts of talent both teams have stockpiles over recent years causes the thought of perseverance in America's most coveted title.

A strong defensive line and sturdy pass rush can make up for follies aside from sub-par quarterback play. As for between the two teams, they have an adequate number of stars that can change the flow of a game, both on offense and defense. It's not out of the realm of possibility that the Buffalo Bills and the Lions of Detroit could meet in Super Bowl XLVIII.

Marcell Dareus Translation: BILLS WIN THE SUPER BOWL DUDES!?'

Can't believe I actually took time to write that up...

SabreEleven
05-03-2012, 10:39 AM
I'm waiting for MDP to tells how the current Bills are just as good as the early 90s Bills. It seems to happen ever offseason.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-03-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm waiting for MDP to tells how the current Bills are just as good as the early 90s Bills. It seems to happen ever offseason.

LOL!

i will say this, i believe the talent on this team is very similar to the talent and skill of the 05 and 06 chargers...

TMu11
05-03-2012, 12:50 PM
LOL!

i will say this, i believe the talent on this team is very similar to the talent and skill of the 05 and 06 chargers...

I remember someone trying to make this comparison last offseason

Mr. Pink
05-03-2012, 03:38 PM

Maybe one year he'll be right. LOL

Mr. Pink
05-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Here's my SB prediction and I have no valid reasoning or explanation to it but it sounds as fun as the OPs prediction so I figured why not?!?!?!?!?

Colts - Rams.

Sam Bradford is leading his team down the field for the game winning points, the Rams only need a FG to win, but he makes a youngster mistake and gets intercepted at the 1. Andrew Luck takes the first snap backs up and inch and kneels. Timeout Rams...7 seconds left. Luck gets flustered at the timeout and takes a step back into the end zone and takes a knee giving up a safety and giving the Rams a 1 pt superbowl win. 25-24.

It could happen!

NOT THE DUDE...
05-03-2012, 03:58 PM

and i was right. i said last years team was just like the 05 chargers team that went 9-7...

we would have won 9 games if we didnt have all those injuries...

PTI
05-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Green Bay 34
Pittsburgh 27

Mr. Pink
05-03-2012, 04:05 PM
and i was right. i said last years team was just like the 05 chargers team that went 9-7...

we would have won 9 games if we didnt have all those injuries...

And if you had a brain, you'd have better posts.

Alas neither are true.

BillsOverDolphins
05-03-2012, 04:18 PM
50k ZBs! I win either way

Bills win, I lose ZBs - SWEET!

Bills lose, I win ZBs - Damn... but alright
I want some of that action too. Give me the field.

BillsOverDolphins
05-03-2012, 04:20 PM
I also predict Ryan Fitzpatrick will throw for 5,000 yds and 50 tds this coming season

mightysimi
05-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Only if he had Floyd

The last buffalo fan
05-03-2012, 05:10 PM
I also predict Ryan Fitzpatrick will throw for 5,000 yds and 50 tds this coming season

We are making stupid predictions here, not real ones.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Only if he had Floyd

easley will break out!

BillsOverDolphins
05-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Only if he had Floyd
zing!

Extremebillsfan247
05-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Have to pick Rodgers over CutlerPackers were everyone's favorite last year too. That didn't exactly work out for them. They could be without Grant this year too, said to be mulling over a contract with the Lions. What I think is a funny coincidence, the Giants won the Super Bowl, but with the way people talk about the Packers, you probably wouldn't know it if you didn't follow the game like we do.