PDA

View Full Version : should we trade for colt mccoy?

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2012, 10:51 PM
trade for colt mccoy? probaby only takes a late pick...

BillsOverDolphins
05-02-2012, 10:53 PM
HELL NO

dannyek71
05-02-2012, 10:55 PM
7th rounder. Yes.

Skooby
05-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Why???

thenry20
05-03-2012, 05:22 AM
I would be very intrigued if Buddy got him for a late round pick or picked him up after he's released.

Unlike VY, Colt has some football smarts.

acehole
05-03-2012, 06:49 AM
I would be very intrigued if Buddy got him for a late round pick or picked him up after he's released.

He is on thier radar.

Extremebillsfan247
05-03-2012, 07:31 AM
trade for colt mccoy? probaby only takes a late pick...

That depends on certain things. First, what would we have to give up for him?, that's an important question. Second, how would he feel playing the back up role behind Fitzpatrick? he definitely wouldn't start here as long as Fitzpatrick is a Bills QB. Third, would he want to play here?. Fourth, and probably just as equally important as the first question, can he be developed into a starting QB capable of being a better option at the position than Fitzpatrick is?

If the answers to these questions are, 2nd or 3rd rounder, wants to be on a team that will start him right away, rather play in a warmer climate than he had in Cleveland, what you see is what you get with him, then my answer is no. Fitzpatrick has been made the standard for what the Bills are looking for in a QB. Any future potential starter for this team as long as Gailey is HC, has to perform at a level equal to, or better than Fitzpatrick to gain any sort of consideration as competition for the QB position on this team. JMO

better days
05-03-2012, 07:38 AM

When a GM no longer wants a player he drafted, there has to be a reason.
We all know about Youngs meltdown in Nashville. That is the reason he is no longer there in spite of the success he had on the field.

So what is the reason Holmgren & the Browns no longer want McCoy? I think it is because they don't believe he has the tools to be an effective NFL QB.

IF Young has his head straight, he has MUCH more potential as an NFL QB than McCoy IMO.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-03-2012, 07:42 AM
When a GM no longer wants a player he drafted, there has to be a reason.
We all know about Youngs meltdown in Nashville. That is the reason he is no longer there in spite of the success he had on the field.

So what is the reason Holmgren & the Browns no longer want McCoy? I think it is because they don't believe he has the tools to be an effective NFL QB.

IF Young has his head straight, he has MUCH more potential as an NFL QB than McCoy IMO.

but we are talking about a capable backup, not steve young as the backup...

mccoy doesnt have to really good. just decent/average...

better days
05-03-2012, 07:53 AM
but we are talking about a capable backup, not steve young as the backup...

mccoy doesnt have to really good. just decent/average...

Well, if the Bills had a young Steve Young as the starting QB, a backup with limited potential would be fine.

The problem is even if Fitz is GOOD for the next few years, he does not have another 8 years left in him. And we have no guarantee Fitz will be good.

I would much prefer a QB that can be developed into a starter than one that has no chance of that on this Bills team. McCoy may be an adequate backup for some NFL team, but not the Bills IMO.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Well, if the Bills had a young Steve Young as the starting QB, a backup with limited potential would be fine.

The problem is even if Fitz is GOOD for the next few years, he does not have another 8 years left in him. And we have no guarantee Fitz will be good.

I would much prefer a QB that can be developed into a starter than one that has no chance of that on this Bills team. McCoy may be an adequate backup for some NFL team, but not the Bills IMO.

there are not many options out there...

bluerosekiller
05-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Once again, just like I stated in the thread regarding Young, if he's brought in with the right mindset, accepts that he's the back up QB & comes at the right price,
then absolutely.
He'd be a big upgrade at QB #2.

Pinkerton Security
05-03-2012, 07:58 AM
Id rather have Colt than Vince.

better days
05-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Once again, just like I stated in the thread regarding Young, if he's brought in with the right mindset, accepts that he's the back up QB & comes at the right price,
then absolutely.
He'd be a big upgrade at QB #2.

I think IF Young has his head straight, & that is a big IF, he could not only be a big upgrade at QB #2, but he could be a potential starter down the road.

better days
05-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Id rather have Colt than Vince.

I doubt even the Pats* with Brady as the #1 QB would want McCoy as the back up. McCoy may be fine for a couple games in relief, but what if the starter is out an extended period of time?

And as I said there is no way McCoy develops into anything except a back up. If not Young, I would rather have ANYONE but McCoy that has the potential to WIN games. And not just one or two games at that, but an entire season if need be.

OpIv37
05-03-2012, 08:17 AM
I don't like Young at all but I'd rather sign him as a FA then have to give up compensation to sign Colt McCoy.

CleveSteve
05-03-2012, 08:19 AM
No. You don't.

ThunderGun
05-03-2012, 08:37 AM
I guess I'd rather have Colt McCoy as a backup than VY. VY is super-talented, but he is a moron. I don't know if he'd be able to pick up our offense (or any other pro offense, for that matter). And McCoy would be dirt cheap. His salary is under $600,000 for each of the next 2 seasons.

I don't know if I'd want to give up a draft pick for him though.

better days
05-03-2012, 08:48 AM
I guess I'd rather have Colt McCoy as a backup than VY. VY is super-talented, but he is a moron. I don't know if he'd be able to pick up our offense (or any other pro offense, for that matter). And McCoy would be dirt cheap. His salary is under $600,000 for each of the next 2 seasons.

I don't know if I'd want to give up a draft pick for him though.

The problems Young had with the Titans did not involve his ability to play on the field. He had mental problems, but he can play the game of football.

If the Bills do sign Young, I'm sure it will be at the right price. The problem is he wants to sign with a team that will give him the chance to start. If he finds no takers, I think the Bills would be a good fit for him.

Dozerdog
05-03-2012, 09:27 AM
What is wrong with Texas Longhorn QBs? They get drafted high and discarded quick.

Night Train
05-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Why would we want Kelly Holcomb 2.0 ?