PDA

View Full Version : Woo-Hoo! Sunday Ticket!

OpIv37
05-03-2012, 01:02 PM
So, the neighbor cut some branches off of the tree that was blocking my line of site, so I was able to get DirecTV back!

So long, crappy Comcast DVR's! Welcome back, Sunday Ticket!

buffalobillsfan95
05-03-2012, 01:09 PM
I wonder how much people threaten to leave direct tv, just to get free Sunday ticket

better days
05-03-2012, 01:09 PM
So, the neighbor cut some branches off of the tree that was blocking my line of site, so I was able to get DirecTV back!

Congratulations!!!!!!! Now go get yourself a GOOD Deal from Directv. I would ask for the ticket for free & HBO/Showtime for 6mos. myself as well as no cost for the DVRs The HR24 is the newest & is supposed to be awsome if you can get one.

Skooby
05-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Congratulations!! They cut the price of the ticket as well, so the whole world is turning for you!

better days
05-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Congratulations!! They cut the price of the ticket as well, so the whole world is turning for you!

The cost cut is GREAT for people with a commitment to Directv. Those with no commitment should be able to do much better.

acehole
05-03-2012, 01:16 PM

some woo-hooo does not go with your persona.:box:

The last buffalo fan
05-03-2012, 01:17 PM
I wonder how much people threaten to leave direct tv, just to get free Sunday ticket

**** that! This **** doesn't work in Mexico! :ill:

better days
05-03-2012, 01:24 PM

Well, not legally, but maybe you can get a Mexican to hook you up.

stuckincincy
05-03-2012, 01:24 PM

I don't know if it's DTV or Direct TV, Opi, but do read the contract fine print. I recall something about folks getting replacement equipment (cable box, DVR) and discovering that they renewed the contract. Dunno.

Perhaps someone could chime in ?

OpIv37
05-03-2012, 01:27 PM
I don't know if it's DTV or Direct TV, Opi, but do read the contract fine print. I recall something about folks getting replacement equipment (cable box, DVR) and discovering that they renewed the contract. Dunno.

yeah they do make you renew the contract if you upgrade.

But since it's a new install, it's all new equipment and hopefully I won't have to upgrade for a long time.

OpIv37
05-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!! Now go get yourself a GOOD Deal from Directv. I would ask for the ticket for free & HBO/Showtime for 6mos. myself as well as no cost for the DVRs The HR24 is the newest & is supposed to be awsome if you can get one.

It's already up and running- I got a whole home DVR+2 HD receivers + 3 mos HBO/Showtime plus the dish and install for free. And they're going to give me up to $200 to break my Comcast contract- I still have to call Comcast and find out how much that's gonna cost.

better days
05-03-2012, 01:30 PM

It's Directv. Op will most likely be locked in for 2 years. So free ticket for the first year, then he will have to pay for it the 2nd year if he wants it. 3rd year, no more commitment & get the best deal you can.

If you know someone that has Directv, BOTH you & that person can get $100 from DTV aside from anything else you get from them, but it has to be done before you make any agreement with them.

better days
05-03-2012, 01:35 PM
It's already up and running- I got a whole home DVR+2 HD receivers + 3 mos HBO/Showtime plus the dish and install for free. And they're going to give me up to $200 to break my Comcast contract- I still have to call Comcast and find out how much that's gonna cost.

Well, I hope you got the ticket for free as well. If you were not promised that, I would call them NOW, & tell them that was the reason you went to DTV & you would like it for free the 1st year.

Skooby
05-03-2012, 01:42 PM

Tell them your Comcast reception has been horrible & you can't take it anymore.

OpIv37
05-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Tell them your Comcast reception has been horrible & you can't take it anymore.

Ha.

Honestly, I didn't have a problem with reception.

But they didn't have Fuel TV, which now shows free UFC fights. The HDMI port on one of their boxes went the first week I had it. Their DVR's have slow response times and ****ty capacity.

So I do have a few legit complaints.

SquishDaFish
05-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Well, I hope you got the ticket for free as well. If you were not promised that, I would call them NOW, & tell them that was the reason you went to DTV & you would like it for free the 1st year.

You dont have to be commitment free to get those perks. You just have to know what your doing

SquishDaFish
05-03-2012, 02:05 PM
And Congrats OP. Welcome back to the Direct TV family

better days
05-03-2012, 02:09 PM
You dont have to be commitment free to get those perks. You just have to know what your doing

Agreed, but it is MUCH easier to get a deal with no commitment.

Dr. Lecter
05-03-2012, 02:47 PM
This means Op will now watch all of the Bills games.

They will go 0-17 this season.

OpIv37
05-03-2012, 02:51 PM
This means Op will now watch all of the Bills games.

They will go 0-17 this season.

I watched them all last year, either at a bar, streaming, or at R. Rich's house. I even watched the win over the Patriots.

So, while my sports curse does seem to still have some effect, it's not solely responsible for Buffalo's failures.

And how are we going to go 0-17 in a 16 game season?

mikemac2001
05-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Thank god now op will stop complaining about one thing

McBFLO
05-03-2012, 10:28 PM

I switched to Direct TV too. Deal was really too good to pass up, especially when comparing it to ****ty Time Warner.

MattyNH
05-04-2012, 05:58 AM
I got the ticket last year and LOVE it! Not only can I see my team but I can watch the game of my liking at 4PM.

SabreEleven
05-04-2012, 06:44 AM

What happens when the branches grow back? :couch:

OpIv37
05-04-2012, 08:38 AM
What happens when the branches grow back? :couch:
it's a low angle and the branches appear to be dead anyway.

Either that, or I call the power company and tell them to come fix it. Or talk to the neighbor about getting it cut.

Worst case scenario, DirecTV will let you out of the contract if they can't provide the service.

OLDSRIP
05-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Hi all,

I'm a long time lurker. So please don't take this as spam.
just a heads up about Directv.
Don't give them your credit card, or if you did really watch your statement.
They have a reputation of making false charges.
They have a good product. But terrible service skills.

Also, I watched any game I wanted to for free on the web, the last two years.
Even the blackout games at the Ralph. Admittedly, not as clear as a cable or sat. Connection.

Go Bills!

Joe

OpIv37
05-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Hi all,

Even the blackout games at the Ralph. Admittedly, not as clear as a cable or sat. Connection.

Go Bills!

Joe

yeah they wanted to sign me up for automatic bill pay, but I wouldn't let them. I pay online but I want to see the amount BEFORE it disappears from my account. I never had this problem with DirecTV specifically in the past, but I've had cable or cell phone companies suddenly tack random charges on my bill for no apparent reason.

mikemac2001
05-04-2012, 09:26 AM
yeah they wanted to sign me up for automatic bill pay, but I wouldn't let them. I pay online but I want to see the amount BEFORE it disappears from my account. I never had this problem with DirecTV specifically in the past, but I've had cable or cell phone companies suddenly tack random charges on my bill for no apparent reason.

Auto Pay with E bill

Start End Description Amount

Previous Balance 0.00

05/02 Payment - Thank You - MasterCard -64.46

Current Charges for Service Period 05/01/12 - 05/30/12

05/01 05/30 PLUS HD DVR Monthly 86.99

05/01 05/30 HBO Monthly 15.99

05/01 05/30 Advanced Receiver-DVR $8.00/mo Included in Base Pkg 0.00

05/01 05/30 DIRECTV CINEMA Tune to Ch. 1000 for more info 0.00

Fees

05/02 Additional TV 6.00

05/02 Primary TV 6.00

Adjustments & Credits

04/29 Refer a Friend -10.00 Credit

05/01 05/30 PLUS HD DVR 24 Months Free HD Access -10.00 Credit

05/01 05/30 PLUS HD DVR You Save $20 for 12 Mos -20.00 Credit

05/01 05/30 PLUS HD DVR You Save $5 for 24 Mos -5.00 Credit

05/02 Primary TV Free -6.00 Credit

this is how they format it its pretty simple

OpIv37
05-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Auto Pay with E bill

Start End Description Amount

Previous Balance 0.00

05/02 Payment - Thank You - MasterCard -64.46

Current Charges for Service Period 05/01/12 - 05/30/12

05/01 05/30 PLUS HD DVR Monthly 86.99

05/01 05/30 HBO Monthly 15.99

05/01 05/30 Advanced Receiver-DVR $8.00/mo Included in Base Pkg 0.00

05/01 05/30 DIRECTV CINEMA Tune to Ch. 1000 for more info 0.00

Fees

05/02 Additional TV 6.00

05/02 Primary TV 6.00

Adjustments & Credits

04/29 Refer a Friend -10.00 Credit

05/01 05/30 PLUS HD DVR 24 Months Free HD Access -10.00 Credit

05/01 05/30 PLUS HD DVR You Save $20 for 12 Mos -20.00 Credit

05/01 05/30 PLUS HD DVR You Save $5 for 24 Mos -5.00 Credit

05/02 Primary TV Free -6.00 Credit

this is how they format it its pretty simple

Yeah, it isn't the format.

The problem I've had with some companies is the bill is, say, $100 a month for six months.

Then, one month, they automatically take, say, $120 instead of $100, and because it's automatic, I don't notice for a day or two until I check my bank account. Now, that $20 is gone and I have to fight to get it back.

I'd rather see that the bill went up and fight over the $20 charge BEFORE they take it, rather than after.

better days
05-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Hi all,

Go Bills!

Joe

As a LONGTIME customer of Directv, I can say any dispute with DTV can be EASILY resolved & many times they will even offer you an extra credit or Showtime/Stars free for 6mos. for your trouble.

mikemac2001
05-04-2012, 10:03 AM

The problem I've had with some companies is the bill is, say, $100 a month for six months.

Then, one month, they automatically take, say, $120 instead of $100, and because it's automatic, I don't notice for a day or two until I check my bank account. Now, that $20 is gone and I have to fight to get it back.

I'd rather see that the bill went up and fight over the $20 charge BEFORE they take it, rather than after.

as you can see they arnt shy about credits but i understand

better days
05-04-2012, 10:03 AM

Yeah, I do not have autopay on any of my accounts for that reason.

stuckincincy
05-04-2012, 10:12 AM

Those spurious charges on your phone bill may be what is called "cramming." Contact your phone company.

http://hffo.cuna.org/1/article/3262/html

ublinkwescore
05-04-2012, 10:23 AM
I too, will be getting sunday ticket, but through my ps3 now that I have internet. My internet is fast as hell too, I love it!!!

ublinkwescore
05-04-2012, 10:25 AM
it's a low angle and the branches appear to be dead anyway.

Either that, or I call the power company and tell them to come fix it. Or talk to the neighbor about getting it cut.

Worst case scenario, DirecTV will let you out of the contract if they can't provide the service.
if your neighbor tells you to do it he's not gonna mess with it would you do it?

OLDSRIP
05-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Hey Better Days,

I am glad you have had good luck. I can honestly say that not everyone has been so fortunate.
With any huge company results will vary. I only posted what I did to serve as a heads up. There are enough people with problems that a class action suit is in the works.
Knowing what I know, I wouldn't give them the opportunity.

Go Bills!

What a great off season. Let's hope it translates on the field.

joe

SquishDaFish
05-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Hi all,

Go Bills!

Joe

This is false. Ive had direct tv for ages and it has never happened to mr or anyone o know. They have exceptional customer service Im sure charges have happened but also happened to other cable companies as well

better days
05-04-2012, 12:16 PM
This is false. Ive had direct tv for ages and it has never happened to mr or anyone o know. They have exceptional customer service Im sure charges have happened but also happened to other cable companies as well

People are human, mistakes can happen & computers make errors as well. As I said, Directv will resolve any problems.

The key is to be polite & courteous when disputing anything or asking for anything from DTV.

OLDSRIP
05-04-2012, 12:18 PM
This is why I don't post here.

You start by saying this is false. Then you follow it up by saying, "I'm sure it happened.
Which is it?

If you read my words. I said like all big companies you have had good and bad.
Easy enough.

I didn't mean to upset anyone's world here. just a friendly heads up about something I do happen to know a little about.

I will now turn the forum back over to the all knowing types who are smarter then everyone else.

Go Bills

Joe

Bills fan since day 1
Yes, I'm old

Dr. Lecter
05-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Don't give up OLDSRIP
I agree DirectTV sucks in terms of service.

A few years ago I was getting phone calls from them (automated) telling me to wait for a customer service rep. I did and no one ever picked up. I finally called them one day to see what was up and the rep said she could not see anything that was prompting the calls.

A few weeks later I get up one morning and find I have no service. I call and then find out that my auto pay had stopped for no reason, so I had not paid my bill in two months. The rep I got this time fixed the problem and credited my account so that the late fees were backed out.

But it was still a PITA and he could not figure out why the auto billing stopped. Needless to say I check my paper bill monthly now to make sure it is processing correctly.

better days
05-04-2012, 12:36 PM
This is why I don't post here.

You start by saying this is false. Then you follow it up by saying, "I'm sure it happened.
Which is it?

If you read my words. I said like all big companies you have had good and bad.
Easy enough.

I didn't mean to upset anyone's world here. just a friendly heads up about something I do happen to know a little about.

I will now turn the forum back over to the all knowing types who are smarter then everyone else.

Go Bills

Joe

Bills fan since day 1
Yes, I'm old

Well, I hope to see you post more myself. Lets talk BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!! GO Bills!

justasportsfan
05-04-2012, 12:46 PM
you have tv's in mexico?

Skooby
05-04-2012, 12:49 PM
you have tv's in mexico?

Where do you think old TV's go to die?

Spiderweb
05-04-2012, 01:56 PM

While I will stop short of calling DTV a thief, I have to say that last years I had to call them virtually every month to get my bill corrected.

As with any business, etc, one does business with, keep your eye on the "bill".

dplus47
05-04-2012, 01:59 PM
As a LONGTIME customer of Directv, I can say any dispute with DTV can be EASILY resolved & many times they will even offer you an extra credit or Showtime/Stars free for 6mos. for your trouble.

Not trying to be a contrarian, but that depends on the dispute. I was a DirecTV customer for 7 years and used to think a lot like you did. Then we had a problem...

Once their contractors start destroying your property through bad workmanship, DirecTV becomes a lot more adversarial.

I can't say too much more until I'm done with the dispute, but let me just say this: if I ever want to write a book on how NOT to treat loyal customers, DirecTV has already written it for me.

dplus47
05-04-2012, 02:03 PM
People are human, mistakes can happen & computers make errors as well. As I said, Directv will resolve any problems.

The key is to be polite & courteous when disputing anything or asking for anything from DTV.

If you don't work for them or haven't been in a real dispute with them, you don't know. I used to think like you, but now I know better.

Also, Google is your friend.

SquishDaFish
05-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Every company has someone they have wronged in the past or whom they have ripped off. It happens. Not EVERYONE can be a happy customer. Im sorry to hear your problems. But I have had Direct TV since they bought Primestar and if I had any kind of problems at all it was fixed and I was compensated in whatever way I could be.

The last buffalo fan
05-04-2012, 04:27 PM
you have tv's in mexico?

I was just bragging!

Where do you think old TV's go to die?

TV's don't die, lier!

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/customavatars/avatar5261_25.gif (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=5261)