PDA

View Full Version : UDFA Profile: SAF Delano Howell - Stanford

DraftBoy
05-04-2012, 08:58 AM
We are going to start our UDFA profile series by explaining why it is we are doing this. The first reason is that well it’s the offseason, it’s been a week since the draft and frankly we still can’t get enough. The second reason is because many of the players being brought in as Free Agents or on try-outs deserve to get their name out there and have people know what they can offer to the Bills. To date the Bills have brought in 24 players for their Rookie and 1st Year player minicamp that will run from 5/11-5/13.

To lead off our UDFA profiles we wanted to go with the biggest name of all the guys we signed. We think that Stanford SAF Delano Howell has a great shot at making the Bills 53 man roster. We don’t exactly have great depth at the safety position and Howell comes into camp with a ton of talent.

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/05/udfa-profile-saf-delano-howell-stanford/

NOT THE DUDE...
05-04-2012, 09:54 AM
hes my number 1 option for udfa making the team...

The last buffalo fan
05-04-2012, 11:03 AM
"Howell’s best trait though may be his instincts as he does a good job reading the play as it happens and staying home on play action fakes."

:ill: Tom Gaydy come to my mind and I like this. Gracias, DB.

Night Train
05-04-2012, 11:29 AM
He and the Florida St. punter were definitely the most intriguing undrafted FA's we signed.

DraftBoy
05-04-2012, 11:49 AM
He and the Florida St. punter were definitely the most intriguing undrafted FA's we signed.

Powell is the next UDFA Profile and probably my last one till Monday.

zone
05-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Why is safety abbreviated as SAF all of the sudden? What happened to SS, FS, or just S? Probably a stupid question...

DraftBoy
05-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Why is safety abbreviated as SAF all of the sudden? What happened to SS, FS, or just S? Probably a stupid question...

Because for the most part its a guessing game when people put SS or FS next to their name. Those roles are highly blurred in college, so for me at least Im going to list them all singularly.

BillsOverDolphins
05-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Because for the most part its a guessing game when people put SS or FS next to their name. Those roles are highly blurred in college, so for me at least Im going to list them all singularly.

That being said, where do you see Howell as a better fit...FS or SS?

NOT THE DUDE...
05-06-2012, 04:32 PM
That being said, where do you see Howell as a better fit...FS or SS?

i think he played ss and in the box at stanford

he could easily make the team if mcgee isnt the same and with scott moving to olb...

stache always kept 10 dbs with dallas and miami...

lots of pass rushers and lots of dbs

YardRat
05-06-2012, 08:15 PM
i think he played ss and in the box at stanford

he could easily make the team if mcgee isnt the same and with scott moving to olb...

stache always kept 10 dbs with dallas and miami...

lots of pass rushers and lots of dbs

Where are you getting this 'always kept 5 DT's' or 'always kept 10 DB's' info from?

NOT THE DUDE...
05-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Where are you getting this 'always kept 5 DT's' or 'always kept 10 DB's' info from?

profootball ref