PDA

View Full Version : UDFA Profile: QB Aaron Corp - Richmond

DraftBoy
05-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Our next UDFA Profile will take a look at one of the names that seems to have Bills Nation buzzing and that’s Richmond QB Aaron Corp. The former USC transfer down spent the last two season playing for the Richmond Spiders of the Colonial Athletic Association. For those unfamiliar with the FCS football ranks, the CAA is the FCS what the SEC is to the FBS.

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/05/udfa-profile-qb-aaron-corp-richmond/

UDFA Profile Threads:
SAF Delano Howell Thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=211931)
SAF Ian Wild-Mercyhurst (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=3643761#post3643761)

The last buffalo fan
05-04-2012, 11:14 AM
"Corp also lacks the big time arm strength that many fans and pundits feel you need in order to play in the windy conditions of Ralph Wilson Stadium."

Which NFL's qb could you compare his game and arm strength?

DraftBoy
05-04-2012, 11:16 AM
"Corp also lacks the big time arm strength that many fans and pundits feel you need in order to play in the windy conditions of Ralph Wilson Stadium."

Marc Bulger is a solid comp arm wise.

The last buffalo fan
05-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Then I like this guy chances.

Meathead
05-04-2012, 11:44 AM
ive heard qbs/coaches say its not so much strength as it is proper technique to put spin on the ball that helps fight the wind

sure would be awesome to come up with the next tony romo udfa kind of prospect, but you gotta admit his odds are loooong

DraftBoy
05-04-2012, 11:48 AM
ive heard qbs/coaches say its not so much strength as it is proper technique to put spin on the ball that helps fight the wind

sure would be awesome to come up with the next tony romo udfa kind of prospect, but you gotta admit his odds are loooong

Well when talking about wind, yes spin can certainly help cut through it and Corp doesn't always throw the tightest spirals. In general however his arm strength is slightly about adequate.

I think he has show somthing this coming weekend, especially after Buffalo brought in Tanney on a try-out who has a better feel for the system, and better arm strength.

zone
05-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Alex Tanney can throw the ball off the left goal post, over the swirling wind and in between the 1 and the 3.

ddaryl
05-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Tanney seems like the better prospect of the 2, but until the pads are on and were seeing some scrimmage and preseason snaps it's all moot

Meathead
05-04-2012, 12:53 PM
corp has to be kinda pissed they signed tanney after him. didnt seem to bother tanney tho

The last buffalo fan
05-04-2012, 01:20 PM
corp has to be kinda pissed they signed tanney after him. didnt seem to bother tanney tho

I don't have anything against Thigpen, and actually I liked the guy while he was at KC. But I would like to have better Tanney and Corp as backup and PSquad.

TrEd FTW
05-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Then I like this guy chances.
You probably shouldn't if Bulger is an appropriate comp. Bulger was trash outdoors during his career. His numbers were propped up by playing in a dome.

Outdoors: 37 games, 36 TDs, 43 INTs, 75.7 rating.
Indoors: 59 games, 86 TDs, 50 INTs, 90.5 rating.

The last buffalo fan
05-04-2012, 05:05 PM
You probably shouldn't if Bulger is an appropriate comp. Bulger was trash outdoors during his career. His numbers were propped up by playing in a dome.

Outdoors: 37 games, 36 TDs, 43 INTs, 75.7 rating.
Indoors: 59 games, 86 TDs, 50 INTs, 90.5 rating.

Pocket presence, smarts, decent arm and a little experience, is all that I want in a back up QB at this time for the Buffalo Bills. If this guy can provide us that, and I think he could, I'm ok with this.

thenry20
05-04-2012, 06:37 PM

Chad Pennington?

The last buffalo fan
05-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Chad Pennington?

If this comes with the brains, I'll take it!