PDA

View Full Version : Grisanti phone survey airs views on stadium

justasportsfan
05-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Did see this posted

“This is not the roaring 1990s, when the State of New York last committed tens of millions of dollars for capital enhancements for Ralph Wilson Stadium with no matching commitment from the Buffalo Bills NFL franchise,” Grisanti wrote in an April 23 letter to Cuomo. “We are in a period of economic recovery.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/communities/erie-county/article839551.ece?twobillsdrive

heres an interesting comment at the bottom

Before we read about the typical hue and outcry that no tax dollars should be spent on the Bills stadium renovations while our other infrastructure issues remain i.e., teachers, cops, libraries etc., let the readers of this article and others realize YOUR tax dollars were spent for the NY Yankees and other downstate stadiums for metropolitan NYC. I am talking about hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars and most WNYers are oblivious to this fact!

Turf
05-04-2012, 03:13 PM
I would love to see what the rest of the state would be like if NYC wasn't in our state.

ddaryl
05-04-2012, 03:42 PM
I would love to see what the rest of the state would be like if NYC wasn't in our state.

hard to say, but the tax revenue from NYC is probably more then the tax revenue from the rest of the state.

Lots of business happening in NYC, with 1/2 of NY's population

casdhf
05-04-2012, 03:47 PM
And income from wall street.

slowpokemcgee
05-04-2012, 05:30 PM

Worse than it is now.