PDA

View Full Version : Bills holding 2pm Press conference

Wittman21
05-07-2012, 11:12 AM
#Bills are holding a 2 pm press conference today. Hmm, wonder what that's about. #FredJackson- Joe B

Wittman21
05-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Chris Trapasso ‏ @ChrisTrapasso
Giving this a try: I've just been told that the #Bills Fred Jackson signed a two-year, $8 million extension that can be more w/ incentives.

ghz in pittsburgh
05-07-2012, 11:15 AM
There is a rumor about Freddy's 2 year extension for $8 mil. Again, just a rumor.

Oaf
05-07-2012, 11:15 AM
...so a 3yr, $9M deal total?

Mr. Miyagi
05-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Bills releasing Fitzpatrick and starting full time wildcat with Freddie

Saratoga Slim
05-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Hope it's Freddy, and 2 years, $8M with incentives sounds fair to all involved. I'm OK paying him more than that if he plays like he did last year . . . and that's where the incentives come in.

Be nice to have this potential thorn resolved already.

Italian Stallion
05-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Rather have it be somthing to do with the lease/stadium improvements.

Mr. Miyagi
05-07-2012, 11:50 AM
I bet it's just normal Monday rookie minicamp things.

Skooby
05-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Rock pile bathrooms got a new floral scent pee-tub, that's my guess. :)

ddaryl
05-07-2012, 12:12 PM
I bet it's just normal Monday rookie minicamp things.

:skooby: they don't call up an unscheduled press conferee for a mini camp thing.

my money is on Freddie

Turf
05-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Maybe Ralph is sick.

Oaf
05-07-2012, 12:22 PM
:skooby: they don't call up an unscheduled press conferee for a mini camp thing.

my money is on Freddie
Why that emoticon?

madness
05-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Sorry Mr. Florence, we have to let you go... but look on the bright side! Our cap savings off you just helped us extend Freddie!

ghz in pittsburgh
05-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Hope it's Freddy, and 2 years, $8M with incentives sounds fair to all involved. I'm OK paying him more than that if he plays like he did last year . . . and that's where the incentives come in.

Be nice to have this potential thorn resolved already.

The key is the bold letters above.

Belichick has a motto of "not paying for past performances." The Bills should give more to Jackson but hopefully not a lot of guarantees.

ddaryl
05-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Why that emoticon?

Why not... couldn't resist the mystery machine

PTI
05-07-2012, 01:05 PM
The are planning the date for then they will say Fitz was hurt in advance for his poor play.

Ed
05-07-2012, 01:09 PM
The are planning the date for then they will say Fitz was hurt in advance for his poor play.
Your Fitz bashing posts are even lamer when they're so poorly written.

mikemac2001
05-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Ya pti is blocked now....every thread has a bash comment

JCBills
05-07-2012, 01:15 PM

It was one thing when it actually was relevant to the topic discussed, but this is ridiculous.

Why so sour over something you can't control?

You're like the little kid whos mad his babysitter is dating someone her own age.

ThunderGun
05-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Here is something funny that I read on Friday:

OP at least tends to ***** about the topic being discussed in the thread. He doesn't hijack every thread to start bashing Fitzpatrick.

I never do that.

PTI
05-07-2012, 01:18 PM
It was one thing when it actually was relevant to the topic discussed, but this is ridiculous.

You're like the little kid whos mad his babysitter is dating someone her own age.

Guess it makes me laugh how upset people get.

Joe Fo Sho
05-07-2012, 01:18 PM

I think that one was a joke. At least I hope that was his attempt at humor.

Forward_Lateral
05-07-2012, 01:41 PM

Can someone please ban this ****ing troll.

justasportsfan
05-07-2012, 01:42 PM

you say you don't hijack threads?

justasportsfan
05-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Can someone please ban this ****ing troll.

don't want him banned. I want to be able to laugh at him when we make playoffs.

PTI
05-07-2012, 01:48 PM
you say you don't hijack threads?

The title of the thread was Bills holding 2 PM press conference, every single thing anyone would put is speculation, duh, how can you hijack anything? Doesn't even make sense.

PTI
05-07-2012, 01:49 PM
don't want him banned. I want to be able to laugh at him when we make playoffs.

I would love for you laugh at me, would love to see the playoffs happen.

alohabillsfan
05-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Just add him to your ignor list, unless ofcourse you want some idiot to bash our QB on every freaking thread.

JCBills
05-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Guess it makes me laugh how upset people get.

It doesn't make anyone mad, just very annoyed.

Like a child, constantly pulling at their parent's pant leg in the supermarket, repeating the same banter over and over. Too bad the kid still won't get his tootsie roll no matter how much he whines.

I have a hard time not seeing this as childish. A wise crack now and then is acceptable by all means, but day in, day out pissing and moaning is nothing short of childish.

Tie your L.A. Lights and get over it.

ServoBillieves
05-07-2012, 02:09 PM
The title of the thread was Bills holding 2 PM press conference, every single thing anyone would put is speculation, duh, how can you hijack anything? Doesn't even make sense.

I've been here for a while. I've seen the trolls, I've seen the bans, but lord... sorry, Sweet Lord, I have NEVER seen a more irritating poster than PTI.

It's not even the mental incapacity, it's just the redundant, boring stupidity.

He knew the press conference wasn't Fiitzy related, but still had to throw his dunce cap in the ring.

GREAT MOVE FRED!

Beebe's Kid
05-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Ya pti is blocked now....every thread has a bash comment
I almost forgot about the ignore list, but that is the perfect instance to use it. I usually prefer to read an entire thread and sometimes I get all the way to the second sentence of his posts before I realize who the author is.

By making it all the way to the second sentence before I stop reading was taking time away from some of the other posters who do a good job, and while I may not agree with them all, they make valid points and contribute to the discussion. The borderline obsession with Fitzy is a little disturbing, and while sometimes it is not totally out of place, it is usually just a highjack, with a handful of good posters actually dignifying his **** with a response.

Back to the discussion of relevance....Way to go, Freddie J. It is good to see good things happen to good people, and Freddie has been a real example of hard work, and gratitude, and it of all of the moves this off-season, this one makes me proud to be a Bills fan.

Nicely done, Buddy. It wouldn't have been possible without Freddie playing about his expectations since day one, despite playing from behind the eight-ball, and having the odds stacked against him. This is a win-win-win; the organization, the fans, and most importantly Freddie all win in this instance. It is a business, but the commodities are human beings, and Freddie has been an exemplary one throughout his entire fight.

Kudos to all involved.

Captain Obvious
05-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Does it make it worse that PTI is 41 years old?

Skooby
05-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Does it make it worse that PTI is 41 years old?

Glancing over things without getting too emotional works as well.

Joe Fo Sho
05-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Just add him to your ignor list, unless ofcourse you want some idiot to bash our QB on every freaking thread.

I hate using the ignore feature, I feel it shows weakness. It's really hard to annoy me to the point that I'll just refuse to listen to your opinion.

As annoying as PTI is, he actually bases his logic on facts and backs them up. It's not like he's just hating on Fitzpatrick because of his beard. Does he have to bring it up in every thread? No. I don't think he's ever said anything personal in his arguments, his posts are just obnoxious.

mikemac2001
05-08-2012, 09:37 AM
I hate using the ignore feature, I feel it shows weakness. It's really hard to annoy me to the point that I'll just refuse to listen to your opinion.

As annoying as PTI is, he actually bases his logic on facts and backs them up. It's not like he's just hating on Fitzpatrick because of his beard. Does he have to bring it up in every thread? No. I don't think he's ever said anything personal in his arguments, his posts are just obnoxious.

Ive gone back in forth with him in QB related threads but seeing it pop up in unrelated topics nah ill just ignore the person

justasportsfan
05-08-2012, 09:40 AM
I would love for you laugh at me, would love to see the playoffs happen.

Can't wait to tell you, you don't know anything about football and that you're not football intelligent :biggrin:

Philagape
05-08-2012, 10:29 AM

Ignore is just a way of saying "My time and therefore my attention capacity is limited. You have failed to earn my attention, so I'm denying it from now on." Nothing wrong with that.

PTI
05-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Can't wait to tell you, you don't know anything about football and that you're not football intelligent :biggrin:

I will gladly pronounce it to the world like 'I am not smarter than a 5th grader', and I will not get any prize money either, I will get a bill in the mail in that case for airline tickets and playoff tickets.