PDA

View Full Version : Fred's Conract Terms?

Forward_Lateral
05-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Anyone know the details yet? Guaranteed? Total dollars?

ddaryl
05-07-2012, 03:38 PM
usually takes a couple of days before that info gets out.

SquishDaFish
05-07-2012, 03:47 PM
All that has been released so far...
Joe Buscaglia ‏ <s>@</s>JoeB_WGR (https://twitter.com/#%21/JoeB_WGR) Jackson's 2-year extension worth base of $8.7m http://bit.ly/JaomOv (http://t.co/PZU06a4z)

Mike
05-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Isn't that pretty cheap?

wmoz11
05-07-2012, 04:35 PM
That's the base salary. I expect there are some attainable bonuses to be reached. Still, a nice deal for a 31-year-old RB (even if his workload is lower than most at that age) with a young 1st round pick behind him.

Great offseason keeps getting better. Nix has been true to his word on just about everything.

Night Train
05-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Sounds like a value deal for the Bills.

Got a 3 Mil bonus check today, on top of his regular salary. Then between 8.7-11 Mil the next 2 years.

Fred is uber happy and the biggest voice in the locker room. Professing his love of Nix & Gailey many times over.

Win,win. Our best off-season in recent memory continues.

Buddo
05-07-2012, 05:20 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

Sounds like he's got a $3 million bonus, and gets the rest of the dough over 3 years, up to a total of $10.8 million.
There are also bonuses available to the tune of $2.3 million, in incentives for 2013 and 2014 (probably combined).

TBH, I wouldn't have objected if they gave him more - he's earned it from past performance imho.
Regardless, looks like a good deal all around, and Freddie can now concentrate on his game, rather than worrying about the future $.

If we could somehow manage to get Byrd and Levitre locked up by the end of TC, we might have had the best off-season, ever.

Skooby
05-07-2012, 05:22 PM
That's the base salary. I expect there are some attainable bonuses to be reached. Still, a nice deal for a 31-year-old RB (even if his workload is lower than most at that age) with a young 1st round pick behind him.

Great offseason keeps getting better. Nix has been true to his word on just about everything.

If you want to obtain / retain the best players, you do what you say you're going to do.

DynaPaul
05-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Good job Nix. This works for everyone and I'm glad to know that we'll have Fast Freddy back for another 2 years!

thenry20
05-07-2012, 08:12 PM
After he retires, hopefully he'll stay in the area and consider himself one of those all time great Bills players.

jimbohastle51
05-07-2012, 11:40 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

Sounds like he's got a $3 million bonus, and gets the rest of the dough over 3 years, up to a total of $10.8 million.
There are also bonuses available to the tune of $2.3 million, in incentives for 2013 and 2014 (probably combined).

TBH, I wouldn't have objected if they gave him more - he's earned it from past performance imho.
Regardless, looks like a good deal all around, and Freddie can now concentrate on his game, rather than worrying about the future $.

If we could somehow manage to get Byrd and Levitre locked up by the end of TC, we might have had the best off-season, ever.

Best part is that with the 3 million paid to him in a bonus and his salary under 2 million this season basically he is just taking FLO's contract. We are still around 10 million under to sign a couple vet free agents (which we all know we will get a couple bargain guys, Nix and Whatley love bargain shopping this time of year) and possibly get one of Levitre or Byrd signed to an extension before the season. It is definitely an option now that this was wrapped up so fast. There is now plenty of time for the front office to get a deal done with one of those 2 if they so chose to and front load some money to get a signing bonus covered under this years cap.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-08-2012, 01:47 AM
looking for a big year from fred and cj.. they need to be the focal point of our offense... obviously..

ServoBillieves
05-08-2012, 01:52 AM
We got him on the cheap because he knows that 1) RB's are a dime a dozen, 2) he knows he was injured, and 3) he knows that an incentive laid contract will work in his favor.

I'd love to know what those incentives are, though, since he'll probably laugh all the way to the bank on it.

Can't describe how happy I am with this move... really didn't think it would happen, but Nix & Co. and Fredsome came through in the end. Sticking by the front office, getting things done, keeping their word, getting the best players on the field... This in my young life has been the most productive offseason I have ever seen as a Bills fan.

I think this team and it's cohorts have proven themselves... Here's to a healthy and productive training camp. This team has so much potential...

clumping platelets
05-08-2012, 02:21 AM
$8.7 mllion base means new money not just his salaries for 2013 & 2014. That includes signing & roster bonuses (if any). If they increased his salary in 2012 from $1.955 million, that increase is part of that $8.7 million. The incentives are where Fred will make the $$$, whatever they may be.