PDA

View Full Version : Bring T.O. Back to Buffalo?

blackonyx89
05-08-2012, 10:31 AM
I watched ESPN2 NFL 32 and they were talking about the Bills needing a vet WR who can compliment Stevie. Why not T.O. ? He's still in good shape and when he last he was here might have couple years left in him and that'll give T.J. Graham time to develop. Trent was passing T.O. the ball and we all know Trent stunk and T.O. had his worst season in his career. Question would you take another chance with him or not. I understand why the Bills wouldn't bring him back, just a thought. Let the debate begin, can't wait to see the response on this one. LOL!

Mr. Miyagi
05-08-2012, 10:34 AM
There's no debate. The answer is no.

Figster
05-08-2012, 10:40 AM
I watched ESPN2 NFL 32 and they were talking about the Bills needing a vet WR who can compliment Stevie. Why not T.O. ? He's still in good shape and when he last he was here might have couple years left in him and that'll give T.J. Graham time to develop. Trent was passing T.O. the ball and we all know Trent stunk and T.O. had his worse season in his career. Question would you take another chance with him or not. I understand why the Bills wouldn't bring him back, just a thought. Let the debate begin, can't wait to see the response on this one. LOL!

If Nix/Gailey deem we still need veteran help at the WR position, I would have no problem with TO, but a better thing to do might be to wait and see how the training camp/preseason goes in my opinion.

I have a feeling TO may get hung out to dry and will still be there if needed...

Ginger Vitis
05-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Trent was passing T.O. the ball !

This is not true.. Owens privately seethed that he was not getting the ball enough from Edwards.. He was a little happier when fitzpatrick was the QB.. Bringing Owens back is a bad idea on so many levels

blackonyx89
05-08-2012, 10:46 AM
This is not true.. Owens privately seethed that he was not getting the ball enough from Edwards.. He was a little happier when fitzpatrick was the QB.. Bringing Owens back is a bad idea on so many levels

Awww yes, Captain Checkdown! LOL! It's understandable why the Bills won't bring him back, I just wanted to hear some opinions about this.
:D

Jan Reimers
05-08-2012, 10:47 AM
I'd rather be nibbled to death by ducks, than take another chance on him in a Bills uniform.

This would be a negative move in an otherwise great offseason.

Jaydog57
05-08-2012, 10:50 AM
That guy's the definition of an NFL journeyman. He's been on about as many teams as Vinny Testaverde.

BertSquirtgum
05-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Terrible idea. The Bills have a vet receiver and his name is Steve Johnson.

Skooby
05-08-2012, 11:02 AM
T.O. can be our James Lofton, lol.

OpIv37
05-08-2012, 11:02 AM
He had his shot here and did nothing.

He certainly didn't get better by getting 2 years older and being out of the league last year.

stuckincincy
05-08-2012, 11:13 AM
He was ok at CIN in 2010. Caught 72, made a few spectacular plays, a bunch of drops and poor routes. Kept his mouth shut all season long.

He's obviously been a remarkable athlete, a remarkable jerk, and has a remarkable career. I don't think any NFL team would be interested - but ya never know...

justasportsfan
05-08-2012, 11:28 AM
We got rid of Evans because Nix wanted the younger recievers to get the reps . Don't think he'll want TO

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Is there a debate?

The last buffalo fan
05-08-2012, 12:15 PM
We got rid of Evans because Nix wanted the younger recievers to get the reps . Don't think he'll want TO

http://kimoracochran.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/terrell_owens_crying.jpg

ddaryl
05-08-2012, 12:34 PM
We are better off continuing to develop some our lesser names then falling prey to the thinking older vets can do anything better for us.

there is a reason why Nix only brought in Meechem.. and has passed on every onther FA WR.. They offer little to nothing over what we already have.

DEVELOP YOUR OWN is the right move.. Lots of our WR's will be entering years 2 and 3...

tatersalad
05-08-2012, 12:53 PM
I'd bring him back... he is broke and humbled, I feel he has something to prove he would be a great pick up. He will drop some but he can teach the young guys the tricks of the trade.

justasportsfan
05-08-2012, 01:02 PM
He will drop some but he can teach the young guys the tricks of the trade.

I'd rather the young wr's learn from the best teacher....experience.

tatersalad
05-08-2012, 01:20 PM
I'd rather the young wr's learn from the best teacher....experience.
I believe sj13 said his lessons from TO were invaluable

The last buffalo fan
05-08-2012, 01:22 PM
I'd bring him back... he is broke and humbled, I feel he has something to prove he would be a great pick up. He will drop some but he can teach the young guys the tricks of the trade.

He is not a teacher ...yet, he is damn selfish person, it is not happening anytime soon.

Philagape
05-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Sigh.

justasportsfan
05-08-2012, 01:37 PM

it's all useless when they can't get on the field . Not everything that works for TO will work on guys like Graham. Different players with different attributes.

Beebe's Kid
05-08-2012, 01:40 PM
This is something that has been lost on everybody in this discussion. Stevie definitely said that he learned a lot from TO.

I am all for bringing in an NFL receiver to play opposite of Stevie. I have made that determination after watching the team play, and seeing our five wides reduced to 2 or 3 (a best) wides because of the lack of any real threat on the field.

I love a Cinderella story as much as the next guy, but if there is one position left on this team that could benefit from a veteran pick up, it would be WR.

I am not saying you give TO, or any vet, a 6 year deal and the key to the city...but giving somebody who knows how to play the game, and demands respect, another chance to prove themselves, and Fitzy another target doesn't sound like the worst idea i've heard in the last half hour. Give the opposing defenses somebody that will hurt you if you don't pay him the proper respect...

It is funny how people love the developmental route...we did that last year, and had one really good WR. Nelson is good, but much more of a TE than a WR. Maybe I am wrong, but it just boils down to difference of opinion.

You don't like TO? That is fine. You want to wait for somebody that has never performed at this level to magically turn into a proven vet? They learn on the clock, and they are going to make mistakes, which seems awfully costly to have at the #2 WR to me. I think that a veteran WR could be the difference on this team, and I don't think bringing them in during the preseason is a good idea. If you are going to make the move, make it now.

Beebe's Kid
05-08-2012, 01:45 PM
To clarify my position...I don't want a mentor for anybody. I want an NFL receiver to catch footballs on Sunday. TO is a guy that has done that fairly well for a long time. He is a little bit of a head case, but he isn't the only option.

I would have liked signing Gaffney, but wouldn't mind TO. If if doesn't work...cut the line. It is a low risk/high reward move. I see nothing wrong with those, as long as you aren't too quick to hire and too slow to fire...then you end up with a disaster.

Meathead
05-08-2012, 01:55 PM
if aiken, clowney, easley, graham, hagan, johnson, jones, martin, nelson, and roosevelt are all hurt in preseason then yeah

tatersalad
05-08-2012, 02:13 PM
To clarify my position...I don't want a mentor for anybody. I want an NFL receiver to catch footballs on Sunday. TO is a guy that has done that fairly well for a long time. He is a little bit of a head case, but he isn't the only option.

I would have liked signing Gaffney, but wouldn't mind TO. If if doesn't work...cut the line. It is a low risk/high reward move. I see nothing wrong with those, as long as you aren't too quick to hire and too slow to fire...then you end up with a disaster.
Couldnt agree more.... there is no risk here

stuckincincy
05-08-2012, 02:59 PM

I hear ya, but TO was out of the NFL last season - he was out there for 32 teams, and nobody bit, even with a need for injury replacements as the season rolled on.

tatersalad
05-08-2012, 03:04 PM
I hear ya, but TO was out of the NFL last season - he was out there for 32 teams, and nobody bit, even with a need for injury replacements as the season rolled on.
he was hurt last year

Jan Reimers
05-08-2012, 03:10 PM
These "Bring Back [fill in the blank with the Has Been du jour]" threads are really sad. We have to proceed forward, and not go back to the really old and slipping guys who will take up valuable time and space from our developing players.

stuckincincy
05-08-2012, 03:18 PM
he was hurt last year

"He suffered a torn ACL during the 2011 offseason and underwent surgery in April 2011. According to his agent, he was cleared to play again on October 19. He held a televised workout on October 25, which no NFL teams chose to attend."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrell_Owens

He then got a gig with the Arena football Wranglers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Wranglers

It would be nice if he still has gas in his tank, but I just can't see how TO is in any clubs' plans.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
05-08-2012, 03:49 PM
do it !

Slim
05-08-2012, 03:52 PM
do it !

Shocker.

SABURZFAN
05-08-2012, 05:09 PM
what the hell... give him another key to the city.

YardRat
05-08-2012, 05:13 PM
I think it's time for TO to hang it up and call it a career.

Night Train
05-08-2012, 05:54 PM
We don't need publicity gimmicks anymore.

For the first time in 12 years we're competing for wins, not TMZ fodder.

Meathead
05-08-2012, 07:46 PM
i hope to gets another shot somewhere. id like to see him get his **** together so he can retire as somewhat of a bounceback. maybe that will keep him from being the next tragic ex-athlete celeb story

PromoTheRobot
05-08-2012, 10:12 PM
I think it's time for TO to hang it up and call it a career.

He has a career??

PTR

stuckincincy
05-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Well...Braylon Edwards is out there... :coocoo:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-05-08/bengals-reportedly-interested-in-free-agent-braylon-edwards

soapman
05-09-2012, 01:03 PM
I don't get it. The dude is a PROVEN vet. He had as good of numbers in Cin as any number 1 in the league! The guy is a machine, durable, plays through pain, and flat out difference maker. I don't get how everybody is so down on the guy. He has been a model teammate since big D and mentored the guy with the #1 wr tag now. Fitz loves him, he's still faster than 9 out of the 10 receivers we have now, and he can go across the middle, and makes plays after the ball. In my opinion, it is a shock that he is not signed. People take his Buffalo years away from the guy, but he had captain checkdown throwing to him. Hell I remember sitting in the stands when Trent was scrambling around, TO spun on a dime and headed upfield 10 yards ahead of the next brown.....and TE underthrew him and it was picked. TO is a difference maker....and that's something we need on theis team IMO...

stuckincincy
05-09-2012, 01:56 PM
This is something that has been lost on everybody in this discussion. Stevie definitely said that he learned a lot from TO.

He learned how to act like an idiotic, petulant child? Cool...

Turf
05-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Read this and tell me you want TO back.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Terrell-Owens-Dr-Phil-child-support-hits-rock-bottom-050812

Philagape
05-29-2012, 05:21 PM
He got cut ... by his indoor league team.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7984924/terrell-owens-cut-indoor-football-team-loses-ownership-share

Skooby
05-29-2012, 05:28 PM
He got cut ... by his indoor league team.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7984924/terrell-owens-cut-indoor-football-team-loses-ownership-share

Lol.

!Papacrunk!
05-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Does he still have that key?

YardRat
05-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Frankel cited Owens' refusal to play in two upcoming road games that are critical to the Wranglers' playoff hopes and Owens' no-show for a scheduled appearance at a local children's hospital as the breaking points in the team's relationship with the receiver.

That's just sad, unless he had a really good excuse to miss the hospital visit.

Yasgur's Farm
05-30-2012, 06:03 AM
The Bills need a speed receiver to stretch the field... WR's such as Owens, Moss, Burres don't compliment SJ13 because they don't have the speed.

better days
05-30-2012, 08:24 AM

Yes, but the locks have been changed.

Skooby
05-30-2012, 08:28 AM

Yeah, it turned the locks at two guys & twin fair.

mush69
05-30-2012, 10:10 AM
Frankel cited Owens' refusal to play in two upcoming road games that are critical to the Wranglers' playoff hopes and Owens' no-show for a scheduled appearance at a local children's hospital as the breaking points in the team's relationship with the receiver.

Probably conflicted with the taping of Dr. Phil. :idunno:

ddaryl
05-30-2012, 12:29 PM
After this last bit of classlessness can we FOREVER put to bed the thought of Owens playing for the Bills for any reason

WagonCircler
05-30-2012, 03:34 PM
From a Yahoo Sports article:

"He was averaging 52.5 yards per game and was fifth on the team with an average of 12 yards per catch. His 10 touchdowns ranked him third on the team."

Yes, that's FIFTH ON THE TEAM in Yards per Catch.

FIFTH.

On the Allen Wranglers.

In the lower level league in Indoor Football. Not even Arena Football. That's a level up from the Wranglers.

Yeah. TO is exactly what the Bills need.

Wow.

Meathead
05-30-2012, 03:54 PM
ѕhit they changed the locks way before they gave him that key

Mike13
05-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Jesus, he got cut from the IFL, a league most people in this country never even heard of.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-31-2012, 05:48 AM
I can't believe this has gone on for three pages.

stuckincincy
05-31-2012, 08:57 AM
Yeah, it turned the locks at two guys & twin fair.

Heh. My BIL used to call the one on Elmwood the "The Great American Melting Pot."

:chuckle: :chuckle:

PromoTheRobot
05-31-2012, 09:02 AM
From a Yahoo Sports article:

"He was averaging 52.5 yards per game and was fifth on the team with an average of 12 yards per catch. His 10 touchdowns ranked him third on the team."

Yes, that's FIFTH ON THE TEAM in Yards per Catch.

FIFTH.

On the Allen Wranglers.

In the lower level league in Indoor Football. Not even Arena Football. That's a level up from the Wranglers.

Yeah. TO is exactly what the Bills need.

Wow.
Awww, what do you expect? He's a thoroughbred pulling an apple cart. Obviously he was saving his best stuff for the NFL. I bet teams are lining up to sign him right now. What's the matter with the Bills? Don't they want to win? I'm so done with this team!

PTR

WagonCircler
05-31-2012, 10:08 AM
He's a thorobred pulling an apple cart

He's a bath-salts addict who chews the face off every franchise that signs him.

Thurmal
05-31-2012, 12:46 PM
He'd start at #2 for the Bills, unless you think Donald Jones is that awesome.

I don't exactly think Owens was busting his balls out there. He didn't even play road games unless the home team paid him.

Skooby
05-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Heh. My BIL used to call the one on Elmwood the "The Great American Melting Pot."

:chuckle: :chuckle:

Both of those were on Walden for us.

kishoph
05-31-2012, 01:51 PM

The team also stated that he continued to loaf in games and practices, this is not something I would want taught to our young WR's. Also in a recent interview he mentioned every NFL team he has played for in his career, excluding the Bills. He held a workout earlier in the year and not one representative from an NFL team attended, it's time for him to quietly fade into the sunset, but TO is not gonna let that happen. I'd say his NFL days are over.

Philagape
05-31-2012, 02:21 PM
He'd start at #2 for the Bills, unless you think Donald Jones is that awesome.

One certainly doesn't have to be awesome to be preferable to Owens. As was pointed out, he wasn't even in the top two on the indoor league team.