PDA

View Full Version : So if we finish 7-9 ....

casdhf
05-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Does Chan get another year?
Does Buddy?

It's our first year of the 4-3. I'm not expecting the world here.

SpillerThrills
05-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Buddy and Chan aren't going anywhere this season.

Slim
05-08-2012, 05:48 PM
I think Chan would be on the hot seat. Management has made it very clear that this is the year they expected to be in the playoffs when they took over the team.

As for Buddy I don't think he'll ever get fired. While the jury is out on his 3 drafts with the team so far, he has upgraded the team talent wise, even if the 2010 draft turns out to be mediocre at best. On paper this looks like the best team we've had in years, now it's Chans turn to "show us the baby".

Johnny Bugmenot
05-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Depends on if they get the lease extension.

With the Vikings situation appearing at least for now to be resolved, the Bills are going to be front and center regarding potential franchise relocation. I doubt they extend those two if they want to make a fresh start elsewhere.

Now, if they make the playoffs (finally), then Nix and Gailey will probably be kept on either way. But 7-9, with their foot out the door? They'll be fired without a doubt.

DrGraves
05-08-2012, 06:09 PM
I don't know if my heart can take another 5,6,7 win season.

Night Train
05-08-2012, 07:03 PM
I don't know if my heart can take another 5,6,7 win season. Or another #2 WR thread.

Raptor
05-08-2012, 07:05 PM

With the Vikings situation appearing at least for now to be resolved, the Bills are going to be front and center regarding potential franchise relocation. I doubt they extend those two if they want to make a fresh start elsewhere.

Now, if they make the playoffs (finally), then Nix and Gailey will probably be kept on either way. But 7-9, with their foot out the door? They'll be fired without a doubt.

That is far from resolved

They put an amendment into the Bill today blocking local blackouts to which I'm sure the NFL is going to have a MASSIVE problem with

Personally I agree with it, If public funds are used

SpillerThrills
05-08-2012, 08:11 PM

I don't think so, I think you'll see a team like Jacksonville or Carolina move before Buffalo.

MTBillsFan
05-08-2012, 08:15 PM
I really think Chan gets this year and next. If we haven't made the playoffs by then, he'll be out, buddy will be out, ralph will be dead, and the bills will be too.

PTI
05-08-2012, 08:39 PM
If they only win 7 that means they both should be fired, they tied their hitch to Fitzpatrick, new QB next year, new coach, and new GM. 7 games means Fitzpatrick sucked then, and the coaching staff failed.

How much credit does Nix get for putting out a crappy roster that drafted top 10 two years in a row when in his very first press conference he said this team was not very far from the playoffs?

This is not a knock on Fitz at all here, but 7 wins is a failure. If you get a new QB, then that typically would mean at least 2 more years of the same, so either they go after a 7 win season, or they get a new QB and get 2 more years.

ParanoidAndroid
05-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Does Buddy?

Because of the switch to a 4-3? We have the players needed to make the transition. Switching from a 4-3 is something that some teams have struggled with because they have no NT and no big DE's. We have players that fit the 4-3 already in place. We're thin in places, still, but it won't be because of the defensive switch.

YardRat
05-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Depends on if Ralph is still alive.

Ed
05-08-2012, 09:56 PM
We just have to see how the season plays out. There's way too many variables at play.

Figster
05-08-2012, 10:01 PM
The raunchy love affair between HC Chan Gailey and Ryan Fitzpatrick has finally come to an end, as Fitzy rides off into the sunset with Skooby :skooby: (backwards)

Perhaps we can find our QB of the future now...:D

Beebe
05-09-2012, 12:05 AM
If they go 7-9 I would be like this

EDS
05-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Even Dick Jauron was able to coach the Bills to a 7-9 record.

If Chan can't do better with two years as HC already under his belt and a huge spending spree in the off-season he deserves to be fired.

OpIv37
05-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Because of the switch to a 4-3? We have the players needed to make the transition. Switching from a 4-3 is something that some teams have struggled with because they have no NT and no big DE's. We have players that fit the 4-3 already in place. We're thin in places, still, but it won't be because of the defensive switch.

Exactly.

Off the top of my head: McGee, McKelvin, Kelsay, Kyle Williams, Wilson, Spencer Johnson, Bryan Scott have all played NFL level 4-3. We were never a complete 3-4 team to begin with.

PTI
05-09-2012, 09:03 AM
The raunchy love affair between HC Chan Gailey and Ryan Fitzpatrick has finally come to an end, as Fitzy rides off into the sunset with Skooby :skooby: (backwards)

Perhaps we can find our QB of the future now...:D

There seems to be long lone behind Chan to tug on Fitz's beard for some reason.

BertSquirtgum
05-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Chan should be fired if they don't make the playoffs.

don137
05-09-2012, 09:31 AM
No team is solid from top to bottom. On paper I feel that the Bills currently have as much talent as most of the playoff teams did last year. As a result, coaching and injuries are the only reasons that this team should not qualify for the post season. I still do nt think he would get fired but he will be on he hot seat.

Forward_Lateral
05-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Depends. If the team gets hit hard with injuries like it did last year, then it's hard to blame the coaches. If they stay healthy and go 7-9, Chan might have to worry.

DraftBoy
05-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Chan goes on the hot seat and Whaley will become even more invested as the heir apparent at GM than he already is.

Nobody would get fired, but the fans would be calling for it.

Forward_Lateral
05-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Chan goes on the hot seat and Whaley will become even more invested as the heir apparent at GM than he already is.

Nobody would get fired, but the fans would be calling for it.

Agree. Even 7-9 is an improvement, albeit a small one. Fans need to realize that when Buddy and Chan took over, this franchise was an absolute mess. They are finally getting it almost turned around, but it takes time. I think this is the year the Bills take the next step, but I'm not going to get my hopes up too high yet. The team is very, very young, and at least the future looks bright, for now.

PTI
05-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Depends. If the team gets hit hard with injuries like it did last year, then it's hard to blame the coaches. If they stay healthy and go 7-9, Chan might have to worry.

Prior regime got blamed when injury bugs hit, but the Jauron teams were still competitive and played close games. This team gets doors blown off, 5 lopsided blowout losses, of which 2 were pretty out of hand in the first half. Most regimes get canned when they commit to a QB, this one has, and if he fails, the regime will be gone IMO.

justasportsfan
05-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Prior regime got blamed when injury bugs hit, but the Jauron teams were still competitive and played close games. This team gets doors blown off, 5 lopsided blowout losses, of which 2 were pretty out of hand in the first half. Most regimes get canned when they commit to a QB, this one has, and if he fails, the regime will be gone IMO.

Jauron was committed to Trent. He got canned. Next.

Historian
05-09-2012, 01:12 PM
If they stay healthy and go 7-9, Chan might have to worry.

I doubt it. I think he gets to fulfill his contract.

Keep in mind you can win 10 games in the AFC and still not get a road Wild Card spot.

The bar is set that high.

Albany,n.y.
05-09-2012, 01:59 PM
With the creampuff schedule this season, anything short of 9 wins is a disgrace.
No excuse if they don't win these games:'
1 Jets game, both Miami games, Kansas City, @Cleveland, @Indianapolis, Jacksonville, St.Louis, Seattle.
They also better be competitive or win the @Arizona and Tennessee games. That's at least 10 or 11 winnable games this year.

EDS
05-09-2012, 03:54 PM
With the creampuff schedule this season, anything short of 9 wins is a disgrace.
No excuse if they don't win these games:'
1 Jets game, both Miami games, Kansas City, @Cleveland, @Indianapolis, Jacksonville, St.Louis, Seattle.
They also better be competitive or win the @Arizona and Tennessee games. That's at least 10 or 11 winnable games this year.

That does seem like a soft schedule. Indy, Jacksonville, Cleveland, St. Louis and Miami should all be pretty bad, so that is potentially six wins right there.

PTI
05-09-2012, 04:01 PM
That does seem like a soft schedule. Indy, Jacksonville, Cleveland, St. Louis and Miami should all be pretty bad, so that is potentially six wins right there.

Miami was bad last year.......I mean, they had 6 wins!!!!!! They beat the Bills twice, pretty handily too. Funny thing Miami was +16 in points differential, and Bills were -62. Even though Bills drafted one slot higher, Miami was the better team last season overall.

EDS
05-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Miami was bad last year.......I mean, they had 6 wins!!!!!! They beat the Bills twice, pretty handily too. Funny thing Miami was +16 in points differential, and Bills were -62. Even though Bills drafted one slot higher, Miami was the better team last season overall.

I believe there is an assumption amongst many that Miami will backslide this season while breaking in a new QB, coaching staff and defensive system.

PTI
05-09-2012, 04:24 PM
I believe there is an assumption amongst many that Miami will backslide this season while breaking in a new QB, coaching staff and defensive system.

I am not sure Tanehill sees the field, Matt Moore played very well last season.

EDS
05-09-2012, 04:32 PM
I am not sure Tanehill sees the field, Matt Moore played very well last season.

Moore did play well last season. He is very similar to Fitz. The question for Miami is whether they want a journeyman QB or to start grooming the guy who hopefully turns into their franchise guy (obviously he could suck). Nice situation for them in that they can sit him if need be.

Johnny Bugmenot
05-09-2012, 06:48 PM
I don't think so, I think you'll see a team like Jacksonville or Carolina move before Buffalo.
Jacksonville's stuck in their contract through 2027; they, for all intents and purposes, can't move. Khan would've started making some noise by now if he intended to relocate-- and he ain't sellin' this quick. In a perfect world, they'd be the first in line, but it doesn't look like they're going to have an opportunity to do so. (This has happened before: Jim Orthwein wanted to move the Patriots to St. Louis, but Bob Kraft wouldn't let him out of the lease-- and Kraft ended up with the team.)

Carolina's in a rapidly growing market with a relatively new stadium. They do not even belong on the radar as far as relocation is concerned.

Right now, the list of lease expirations is as such:
* Minnesota: Expired after 2011 season; Zygi Wilf has agreed to 2012 in MN, but no more without a new stadium deal
* Buffalo: Expires after 2012 season.
* Oakland: Expires after 2013 season and is almost certain to move, either to Santa Clara with the 49ers or to L.A. The Oakland Coliseum is not an NFL venue.
* St. Louis: Locked into a long-term contract, but it has an out clause after 2014.

Both the Chargers and Jaguars must make large payments to get out of their current leases.

As per this AP article (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/vikings-limbo-expansion-not-nfls-173245299--nfl.html).

Right now LA is watching the Minnesota talk very carefully. A Minnesota-to-LA relocation would be ideal for the NFL, since the vacating of a top-15 market would still leave the league with enough leverage to keep the stadium gravy coming. They'd be the ideal relocation candidate at this point. A Bills relocation would practically end the new stadium explosion; a Raiders relocation might very well have a similar effect, as the markets they leave behind (Oakland already sharing the Bay Area, Buffalo having been in decline for decades) wouldn't be viable relocation candidates.

But make no mistake, the Bills are next up on the list.

Night Train
05-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Last year being the key term

thenry20
05-10-2012, 01:04 AM
Does Buddy?

Most definitely!

Meathead
05-10-2012, 01:53 AM
if they only win seven games cas should get his ass kicked