X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MDFINFAN
    • Jun 2003

Good luck after a great offseason for you guys

I haven't been here in a minute, but I did see what went on with your team this offseason, and must say I'm pretty impressed. Your Dline looks darn scary..and you were able to hold on to your WR and RB..good job..I hate the Defensive lineman addon's.. Mario Williams and Mark Anderson, I really wanted Anderson for the phins..oh well..hopefully we can keep him at bay, but you can't double team both he and Williams, so one's got to be a beast for you guys this year.. but I wanted to stop by and say hey to some ol friends, hi to new members here, and hopefully we can still beat you..LOL....since you really didn't address the OL the way I though you would.. The injuries hurt you guys a lot last year.. The AFC east seems to be getting back to it's dominate ways.. Hopefully we all knock off NE, I'm about tire of them owning this division..

Reach for the stars
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: Good luck after a great offseason for you guys

Thanks for the kind words, but we addressed the line in the draft quite well IMO. The Fish are improving significantly, but the AFC East should be a great thing to watch this season.

Good luck to the phins, they and ours will need it.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

Thank you and welcome back. Remember our OLine was ranked #1 last year

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

It's lives!

I thought MDfinfan switched to figure skating!

Hope all is well MD.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PTI
          Banned
          • Jan 2011

Not really a great off season when you still have a QB in his 8th season who has never got it and never had a light switch turn on and has never even finished as an average QB, always below average, never even in the top 20.

Comment

• JCBills
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by PTI
            Not really a great off season when you still have a QB in his 8th season who has never got it and never had a light switch turn on and has never even finished as an average QB, always below average, never even in the top 20.
            Since you have all the answers, how would you have brought about the second coming of Kelly this offseason?

The defense was much weaker than the O (the offense was averaging 30PPG before the injuries hit) so they did quite a good job addressing that side of the ball, making the biggest FA splash in franchise history, re-sign their main pieces on O, and had one hell of a draft. On top of all of that still being accomplished, lets hear your golden ticket of a plan.

Do share!
            Last edited by JCBills; 05-09-2012, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Dr. Who
              • Jul 2002

This is arguably the best off-season in Bills' history. I am skeptical about Fitzpatrick, but one is operating in bad faith or under the delusions of a weak intellect not to recognize the stellar work at OBD.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                • Mar 2003

Were kinda a big deal around here

MUCK
                FIAMI

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by PTI
                  this is a loser post. our defense was by far the worst part of our team the last 2 years and we did as much as we could to improve it, at least in reasonable terms. To say we didnt have a good offseason just because we didnt upgrade a serviceable QB is inane.

Comment

• DrGraves
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Dr. Who
                    This is arguably the best off-season in Bills' history. I am skeptical about Fitzpatrick, but one is operating in bad faith or under the delusions of a weak intellect not to recognize the stellar work at OBD.
                    Agreed. Assuming (praying) we stay relatively healthy... I think whether or not we reach the post season solely hinges on the play of Fitz.

Comment

• JCBills
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DrGraves
                      Agreed. Assuming (praying) we stay relatively healthy... I think whether or not we reach the post season solely hinges on the play of Fitz.
                      Sweet new avatar.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                        this is a loser post.
                        he's being an attention whore now.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                          I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          he's being an attention whore now.
                          It is a family thing.
                          The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                            • Jun 2005

Please dont quote that attention seeking clown. Just block him and dont respond to that clown. Ive learned lol
                            Last edited by SquishDaFish; 05-09-2012, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

There's certainly a disconnect between how outsiders view the Bills' offensive line moves and how the Bills and their fans view the same moves. Everyone thought the Bills needed a left tackle. Bell is gone, and while Chris Hairston should improve year over year, there were enough questions about his play and his ultimate ceiling that left tackle was one of the top two needs for the Bills heading into the offseason along with defensive end. Well, the Bills signed Mario Williams and Mark Anderson, so that's no longer an issue at all.

But at LT we drafted Cordy Glenn. "Well," everybody said, "You drafted a fine guard. right tackle prospect, but what are you going to do about left tackle." The Bills are absolutely certain they got an elite left tackle prospect in Cordy Glenn. He's built like a gorilla with his long arms, is very strong, ran an impressive 5.15 40 at the combine. "But he struggled at left tackle at Georgia when he went up against elite defensive ends," the outsiders say.

"Ah," Buddy Nix replies, "he only switched to left tackle last season for Georgia. Georgia plays in a very tough conference. You expect he's gonna struggle making a switch like that, but he got better every game and played at a high level at the end of the season." Glenn is very similar to another left tackle Nix drafted for San Diego, Marcus McNeil. He played very well for the Chargers until an injury aggravated some condition McNeil has, pretty much ending his career. As far as I know, the main difference between McNeil and Glenn is that Glenn doesn't have that condition to start with. He also happens to be more athletic than McNeil.

Add to that the fact that Fitzpatrick was sacked very little last season because of the Gailey offensive system, and Buffalo running backs had a very healthy yards per run stat, and maybe it makes some sense that Buffalo isn't too worried about the left tackle position. Nor are they worried about the rest of the offensive line. If Glenn starts at left tackle, Hairston is a very capable swing tackle. Buffalo likes Pears well enough as a starter at RT they gave him a nice extension a while ago. And when healthy, the interior linemen are all solid. The injury situation last season was almost bizarre on the offensive line. I don't care what kind of depth you might have at the start of the season, when you have that many injuries, you're going to be hurting. If you determine that the injuries you suffered are due to something you can change (strength and conditioning, injury prone players, etc) then maybe you can change it, but if it's just an odd set of circumstances, all you can do is try and make sure you've got nine quality offensive linemen on your roster, and your backups have some position versatility. With Hairston, Zebrie Sanders, Chad Rinehart, and maybe Mark Asper as your backups, hopefully we'll have that.
                              Last edited by TigerJ; 05-09-2012, 09:32 PM.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X