PDA

View Full Version : Tank Carder signed.

The Spaz
05-09-2012, 07:12 AM
The Buffalo Bills have signed 5th Round Draft Pick LB Tank Carder. I also believe 7th round pick K John Potter is signed as well.

http://kmmsports.com/

DraftBoy
05-09-2012, 07:15 AM
One thing I do like about the new CBA is how quickly it allows contracts to get done.

Don't like the ceiling, but that's a different story.

Skooby
05-09-2012, 07:16 AM
I'm liking it.

nolimit
05-09-2012, 08:20 AM
realistically...can this guy be a formidable lb?

alohabillsfan
05-09-2012, 08:23 AM
One thing I do like about the new CBA is how quickly it allows contracts to get done.

Don't like the ceiling, but that's a different story.

Why?
1) It allows more trades in the top of round 1.

2) It prevents Jamarcus Russel and others from Stealing to much money.

3) It allows the proven players more money.

4) It pretty much ended 1st round hold outs

5) It allows good young players to get to FA faster.

justasportsfan
05-09-2012, 08:24 AM
good! the sooner they sign the easier it is for them to take care of their family and concentrate on football

THRILLHO
05-09-2012, 08:49 AM
With everything I have read about this dude he is the draft pick I am most excited about.

DraftBoy
05-09-2012, 09:07 AM
Why?
1) It allows more trades in the top of round 1.

2) It prevents Jamarcus Russel and others from Stealing to much money.

3) It allows the proven players more money.

4) It pretty much ended 1st round hold outs

5) It allows good young players to get to FA faster.

1-Maybe, we need more time to figure that out but if the Redskins deal to #2 is an indication of things to come then maybe there should be less and not more trades.

2-Nobody stole anything, its ridiculous to categorize it as such

3-No it doesn't

4-That is a benefit

5-Another benefit

In the end I strongly believe that every player should be looking out for themsleves first. Football is a violent and tough game, if you're fortunate to one day play it for a living, you should go for as much cash as possible all the time. I don't understand people's disdain for hold outs or players asking for new deals because if you were in the same situation you would want the same.

We ask these guys to literally take years off their lives for our entertainment, but then we get upset because they make more than us.

I'll get off my soapbox and I know many people disagree with me, but Im not looking for a discussion on it in all honesty. Nothing can be said to change my mind about this topic. If some team values Sam Bradford at $78 Million than that's what he's worth. It may not be a good investment but that's on the individual team not on the player.

methos4ever
05-09-2012, 09:12 AM
The biggest problem with it DB is the current players hung the future players out to dry because those guys didn't have a say at the time of the negotiations...

stuckincincy
05-09-2012, 09:27 AM
The biggest problem with it DB is the current players hung the future players out to dry because those guys didn't have a say at the time of the negotiations...

When I worked in auto manufacturing, I found that union brotherhood ceased at about 50 cents' per hour wage difference - lay off X numbers of my brothers, or cut my pay 50 cents? So long, 'bros !

Night Train
05-09-2012, 09:29 AM
I bet a BMX bike and a cattle lariat were part of the deal. :up:

HAMMER
05-09-2012, 09:31 AM
ST Fodder.

stuckincincy
05-09-2012, 10:19 AM
ST Fodder.

ST Fodder can be the difference between winning and losing. Field position matters. The Bills got their figurative bacon saved many a time by good ST play through the recent years. :peace:

JCBills
05-09-2012, 10:24 AM
ST Fodder.

Because we're so deep at LB with a whopping 1 of them on the roster before the draft.

HAMMER
05-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Because we're so deep at LB with a whopping 1 of them on the roster before the draft.
Don't shoot the messenger, I'm not the reason he will be a career backup. Buffalonians seem to like the guy because he has a cool name. Name is Tank but he plays like an H2.

DraftBoy
05-09-2012, 11:03 AM

This is true but by doing that they sold themselves a bill of goods they'll never see.

One of the biggest issues vet players had was rookies getting outrageous signing bonuses and guaranteed money. The idea the NFL Commish sold to them was that if you cap rookies that guaranteed money and signing bonus money will come to them.

That's not true however, they won't see anymore than they are seeing now and owners make out like bandits by getting future stars for pennies on the dollar.

k-oneputt
05-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Well the players union signed on so tough s***.

If they don't like it they can always fins another line of work.

DraftBoy
05-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Well the players union signed on so tough s***.

If they don't like it they can always fins another line of work.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. There hasnt been one player whose complained about it.

k-oneputt
05-09-2012, 11:19 AM
And they shouldn't.
Looks like you are the one complaining about it, and you don't count.

stuckincincy
05-09-2012, 11:24 AM
:couch:

DraftBoy
05-09-2012, 11:47 AM
And they shouldn't.
Looks like you are the one complaining about it, and you don't count.

Im not complaing, Im simply stating a disenting opinion on what was intended to be gained and what is actually being lost.

ServoBillieves
05-09-2012, 12:11 PM
ST Fodder.

I'd love having a Tank running over people on the field.

JCBills
05-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Don't shoot the messenger, I'm not the reason he will be a career backup. Buffalonians seem to like the guy because he has a cool name. Name is Tank but he plays like an H2.

Can I borrow your crystal ball? I'd love to know what is going to happen before it does too.

HAMMER
05-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Can I borrow your crystal ball? I'd love to know what is going to happen before it does too.

No you may not, you can't handle the truth.

JCBills
05-09-2012, 01:46 PM
No you may not, you can't handle the truth.

When Hammer quotes Jack, does that make a JackHammer?

YardRat
05-09-2012, 05:07 PM
This is true but by doing that they sold themselves a bill of goods they'll never see.

One of the biggest issues vet players had was rookies getting outrageous signing bonuses and guaranteed money. The idea the NFL Commish sold to them was that if you cap rookies that guaranteed money and signing bonus money will come to them.

That's not true however, they won't see anymore than they are seeing now and owners make out like bandits by getting future stars for pennies on the dollar.

Sorry, but I disagree completely.

Bradford got 78mil, 50 mil guaranteed, Newton got 22mil over 4 years, all of it guaranteed. As of March of this year, Carolina was only 1.3mil under the cap. Bradford's cap # for 2011 was roughly 12.465 mil, Newton's was just over 4mil. Under the old rules, Newton's contract would most likely have been slightly more than Bradford's, instead of almost 8.5mil less. Obviously the difference went to other players.

I can virtually guarantee that without the rookie salary cap and what the Bills would've had to pay Dareus as the #3 pick last season, there would be no way in hell that the team could have afforded to re-sign all of the following...

WR Stevie Johnson
K Rian Lindell
LS Garrison Sanborn
WR Ruvell Martin
TE Scott Chandler
LB Kirk Morrison
S Bryan Scott
RB Tashard Choice
OG Chad Rhinehart
OG Kriag Urbik

...not to mention extending Fitz AND signing Mario and Anderson.

Meathead
05-09-2012, 05:09 PM
two pages and weve already used up all the tank jokes

god i miss ed wang

Ed
05-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Sorry, but I disagree completely.

Bradford got 78mil, 50 mil guaranteed, Newton got 22mil over 4 years, all of it guaranteed. As of March of this year, Carolina was only 1.3mil under the cap. Bradford's cap # for 2011 was roughly 12.465 mil, Newton's was just over 4mil. Under the old rules, Newton's contract would most likely have been slightly more than Bradford's, instead of almost 8.5mil less. Obviously the difference went to other players.

I can virtually guarantee that without the rookie salary cap and what the Bills would've had to pay Dareus as the #3 pick last season, there would be no way in hell that the team could have afforded to re-sign all of the following...

WR Stevie Johnson
K Rian Lindell
LS Garrison Sanborn
WR Ruvell Martin
TE Scott Chandler
LB Kirk Morrison
S Bryan Scott
RB Tashard Choice
OG Chad Rhinehart
OG Kriag Urbik

...not to mention extending Fitz AND signing Mario and Anderson.
I think you're right. The Bills have millions in dead cap space because of Aaron Maybin. That's millions that they can't spend on a veteran player who's actually worth it.

Less cap space that goes towards unproven rookies means more cap space for proven veterans.

Syderick
05-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Tank goodness we signed him

better days
05-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Im not complaing, Im simply stating a disenting opinion on what was intended to be gained and what is actually being lost.

What EXACTLY is being lost? All this new CBA does is pay money to players that deserve it. They may not get the HUGE payday when drafted, but the deserving players will get paid well in their 2nd contract.

Players that don't deserve a huge payday & are drafted HIGH are the only players that lose out, too bad for them but BETTER for EVERYONE else.

The Natrix
05-09-2012, 06:01 PM
I doubt he will amount to much. I hope I'm wrong.

MikeInRoch
05-09-2012, 06:01 PM

I don't believe that there is any difference in the total amount of money going to players. It's just distributed differently. So while it may be worse for the stars, that means it's likely better for everyone else.

bigbub2352
05-09-2012, 08:55 PM
i love this pick think this kid will be solid for us

gr8slayer
05-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Tank goodness we signed him
I see what you did there.

thenry20
05-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Well he's got the advantage over the other LB's on the team who haven't signed yet. I am not sure but can someone who knows tell us when the playbooks are distributed to the team?

alohabillsfan
05-10-2012, 05:01 AM
QUOTE=DraftBoy]1-Maybe, we need more time to figure that out but if the Redskins deal to #2 is an indication of things to come then maybe there should be less and not more trades.

2-Nobody stole anything, it’s ridiculous to categorize it as such, Sure think what you like!

3-No it doesn't, Why is that? Don’t you think we need more time just like in response 1?

4-That is a benefit

5-Another benefit

In the end I strongly believe that every player should be looking out for themselves first. Sorry Not my Core Values..

Football is a violent and tough game, Try living in a tent getting shot at and mortared in Iraq or Afghanistan for a year before you talk violence and toughness.

We ask these guys to literally take years off their lives for our entertainment , but then we get upset because they make more than us. Oh yes they are putting their lives on the line, at 5 start hotels, room service, state of the art medical, private chatered jets! oh the sacrifice! LMFAO!

Please don’t say that I would do the same thing because it’s just not true. As a recently retired (30 years) member of the Armed Forces, I do know what sacrifice is, teamwork, and doing something you love for just that. It was not about me it was about the team.

swiper
05-10-2012, 06:13 AM
two pages and weve already used up all the tank jokes

god i miss ed wang

For posterity:

Levitre gave Ed Wang good Wood.

Bill Cody
05-10-2012, 10:08 AM
1-Maybe, we need more time to figure that out but if the Redskins deal to #2 is an indication of things to come then maybe there should be less and not more trades.

Why?

2-Nobody stole anything, its ridiculous to categorize it as such

"Stealing" is the wrong word but there's no doubt whatsoever that there have been numerous colassal busts at the top of the draft that because of their contracts have set teams back years. That can't happen anymore. Benefit.

3-No it doesn't
There is a salary cap in the NFL. Less money to rookies means more money to vets. Fact.

In the end I strongly believe that every player should be looking out for themsleves first. Football is a violent and tough game, if you're fortunate to one day play it for a living, you should go for as much cash as possible all the time. I don't understand people's disdain for hold outs or players asking for new deals because if you were in the same situation you would want the same.

We are all well aware of the nature of the game. The question is "should unproven rookies get paid like superstars before they've even taken a snap at the expense of proven vets? The answer to that question to most fans is pretty obvious.

We ask these guys to literally take years off their lives for our entertainment, but then we get upset because they make more than us.

Not really. You're confusing the issue. We're just saying players need to prove it on the field beofre they break the bank.

I'll get off my soapbox and I know many people disagree with me, but Im not looking for a discussion on it in all honesty. Nothing can be said to change my mind about this topic. If some team values Sam Bradford at $78 Million than that's what he's worth. It may not be a good investment but that's on the individual team not on the player.

No problem. Feel free to be stubbornly wrong.:D

Bill Cody
05-10-2012, 10:31 AM
The Buffalo Bills have signed 5th Round Draft Pick LB Tank Carder

No idea how the guy is going to do but could he have any better name for a MLB?

justasportsfan
05-10-2012, 11:03 AM
I hope he's not just another Coy Wire. ST demon but useless as a lb'er.

stuckincincy
05-10-2012, 11:54 AM
I hope he's not just another Coy Wire. ST demon but useless as a lb'er.

There was jumping for joy when BUF drafted him. Now he is getting sliced to pieces.
What gives? :tap:

Meathead
05-10-2012, 12:01 PM
retired (30 years) member of the Armed Forces
ty for your service bro