PDA

View Full Version : Defensive incumbents pumped by possibilities

The Spaz
05-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Just about every Bills fan you run into is encouraged about the prospects for the team in 2012 in the wake of the free agent acquisitions on defense this offseason. Coupled with a draft class that added even more talent and the fan base is even more confident. That excitement however, pales in comparison to that of the defensive holdovers on Buffalo’s roster.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Defensive-incumbents-pumped-by-possibilities/7f2fd192-794c-47e8-a046-570b19e056af

Skooby
05-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Wearing Bills gear yesterday invoked a comment on how good our Bills draft was this year, I was like we're doing things right.

PromoTheRobot
05-09-2012, 08:03 AM
"the Buffalo Bills are going to eat!"

PTT

PTI
05-09-2012, 08:18 AM
They know they will be forced to take it upon themselves to win games based on some personnel on offense.

Jan Reimers
05-09-2012, 08:30 AM
They know they will be foreced to take it upon themselves to win games based on some personnel on offense.
Just can't resist, can you?:roflmao:

Joe Fo Sho
05-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Luckily they'll have some great personnel on offense to back them up so they won't be forced to take it upon themselves to win games.

Night Train
05-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Maybe the O won't have to play catch up, already down 10-14 points by the end of the first quarter. That happened more often than not last season.

It works both ways. An improved D takes a ton of pressure off the O.

The last buffalo fan
05-09-2012, 10:30 AM
They know they will be forced to take it upon themselves to win games based on some personnel on offense.

Wearing Bills gear yesterday invoked a comment on how good our Bills draft was this year, I was like we're doing things right.

Excited that non-bills fans can see what bills fans can not. :gobills:

PTI
05-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Maybe the O won't have to play catch up, already down 10-14 points by the end of the first quarter. That happened more often than not last season.

It works both ways. An improved D takes a ton of pressure off the O.

That is so far from the truth it isn't even funny.

1. Bills had big lead over KC
2. Bills inept offense and Fitz INT against the worst pass defense in the NFL contribute big time to the Bills being down 21-3 against the Raiders
3. Fitz 2 first half INTs, basically his poor play helps put the Bills down 21-0 against Patriots
4. Bills defense was good enough to beat the Bengals, Fitz was awful in this game, never down until late because offense did nothing, defense scored a TD
5. defense had 4 INTs against Philly
6. defense was adequate against the Giants who scored on their average and the Bills basically lost because of two underthrown Fitz INTs
7. Shutout over deadskins, 10 sacks
8. Inept offense against jets, it is the same game against the JEts all the time, defense does enough to limit points, offense turns ball over constantly, and defense wears down in the 2nd half, this is on both sides of the ball, very poor Fitz as usual against Jets. It was 3-0 at half.
9. Dallas blew the Bills out the water on offense and defense
10. Miami blew the Bills out the water, game was over in first half thanks to 2 Fitz first half INTs
11. 14-14 at half, Bills up 7-0 at end of 1st, no Jets 14-0 lead here
12. 10-7 titans end first, 17-10 at half, with 2 first half offense key fumbles, defense was good, offense was bad
13. QB had 31 rating and 2 INTs, defense did VERY WELL to only be down 7-0 at end of first and 16-0 at half, Fitz was pathetic
14. Bills up 7-0 end of 1, down 13-7 at half, no 14-0 lead here either, game out of hand with first two 2nd half drives being interceptions
15. Bills intercepted Tebow 4 times and won in blowout
16. Fitz threw 4 INTs, what do you expect?

Basically you made a HUGE inaccurate statement, the defense basically was bad in only 1 game the whole season, the Dallas game when it came to allowing the team to be down early. Bills hardly ever were down badly at the end of the first quarter by 10-14 points and when they were there were always turnovers on offense involved. The defense saved the offense in the first half more than hurt them too, like the Jets game 1, only down 3-0 at half.

Blinders are fully on and people are on their knees when it comes to Fitzpatrick.

k-oneputt
05-09-2012, 10:59 AM
The defense will be better for three reasons, Wannstadt taking over as dc, Mario ,and half of the starting defense will be SEC players.
Simple as that.

FlyingDutchman
05-09-2012, 11:06 AM

2. Bills inept offense and Fitz INT against the worst pass defense in the NFL contribute big time to the Bills being down 21-3 against the Raiders
3. Fitz 2 first half INTs, basically his poor play helps put the Bills down 21-0 against Patriots
4. Bills defense was good enough to beat the Bengals, Fitz was awful in this game, never down until late because offense did nothing, defense scored a TD
6. defense was adequate against the Giants who scored on their average and the Bills basically lost because of two underthrown Fitz INTs
8. Inept offense against jets, it is the same game against the JEts all the time, defense does enough to limit points, offense turns ball over constantly, and defense wears down in the 2nd half, this is on both sides of the ball, very poor Fitz as usual against Jets. It was 3-0 at half.
10. Miami blew the Bills out the water, game was over in first half thanks to 2 Fitz first half INTs
12. 10-7 titans end first, 17-10 at half, with 2 first half offense key fumbles, defense was good, offense was bad
13. QB had 31 rating and 2 INTs, defense did VERY WELL to only be down 7-0 at end of first and 16-0 at half, Fitz was pathetic
14. Bills up 7-0 end of 1, down 13-7 at half, no 14-0 lead here either, game out of hand with first two 2nd half drives being interceptions

Basically you made a HUGE inaccurate statement, the defense basically was bad in only 1 game the whole season, the Dallas game when it came to allowing the team to be down early. Bills hardly ever were down badly at the end of the first quarter by 10-14 points and when they were there were always turnovers on offense involved. The defense saved the offense in the first half more than hurt them too, like the Jets game 1, only down 3-0 at half.

Blinders are fully on and people are on their knees when it comes to Fitzpatrick.

What the hell were YOU watching? Our defense was atrocious and was able to get by for a little bit bc they were getting turnovers

justasportsfan
05-09-2012, 11:39 AM

1. Bills had big lead over KC - so what. You like to give credit to Fitz when they lose, but they won here
2. Bills inept offense and Fitz INT against the worst pass defense in the NFL contribute big time to the Bills being down 21-3 against the Raiders see 1
3. Fitz 2 first half INTs, basically his poor play helps put the Bills down 21-0 against Patriots someone conveniently left out Fitz's AWSOME 2nd half play that won them the game
4. Bills defense was good enough to beat the Bengals, Fitz was awful in this game, never down until late because offense did nothing, defense scored a TD the D choked vs. a ROOKIE qb
5. defense had 4 INTs against Philly see 1 and 2
6. defense was adequate against the Giants who scored on their average and the Bills basically lost because of two underthrown Fitz INTswhat? the giants scored 3 rush TD's
7. Shutout over deadskins, 10 sacks see 1 ,2,5
8. Inept offense against jets, it is the same game against the JEts all the time, defense does enough to limit points, offense turns ball over constantly, and defense wears down in the 2nd half, this is on both sides of the ball, very poor Fitz as usual against Jets. It was 3-0 at half.Sanchez threw for 20-28 and they ran for 0ver 100 yds.
9. Dallas blew the Bills out the water on offense and defense obviously. Romo had all day to throw
10. Miami blew the Bills out the water, game was over in first half thanks to 2 Fitz first half INTswtf, this is Matt More we are talking about. The D did nothing to help out
11. 14-14 at half, Bills up 7-0 at end of 1st, no Jets 14-0 lead here so. the D gave up 4 TD's to MArk Sanchez
12. 10-7 titans end first, 17-10 at half, with 2 first half offense key fumbles, defense was good, offense was bad you're mkaing crap up again. Fitz wasn't horrible in this game and the D wasn't that good either
13. QB had 31 rating and 2 INTs, defense did VERY WELL to only be down 7-0 at end of first and 16-0 at half, Fitz was pathetic the D was pathetic too
15. Bills intercepted Tebow 4 times and won in blowoutwho cares . bills won . again blaming Fitz
16. Fitz threw 4 INTs, what do you expect? and what did the D do to stop Brady after having a 21-0 lead?.
Your analysis of what went down is not acurate IT IS FUNNY. you obviously see what you want to see .

and your hatred blinders aren't on? Anyone who knows football knows that the qb doesn't always win or lose the game by himself. The D has something to do with it.

While Fitz isn't all that, he didn't lose it all like you make it out to be. The O was ranked higher than the D .

The O was ranked 14 and the D was ranked 26th
Our passing game was ranked 15 our rushing game 2th.

You know nothing about football. Your football intelligence is right down there with feelthepain. :D

OpIv37
05-09-2012, 11:47 AM
You know, it used to be that every thread, regardless of the topic, turned into a pissing match between me and justa and/or Flying Dutchman.

Now, every thread, regardless of the topic, turns into an anti-Fitz ***** fest by PTI.

justasportsfan
05-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Now, every thread, regardless of the topic, turns into an anti-Fitz ***** fest by PTI.

he's more redundant than you :snicker:

OpIv37
05-09-2012, 11:50 AM
And btw, the original topic of this thread could lend itself to a great Onion-style article:

Kelsay Says Bills D is better now that he won't start

I'd write a few paragraphs if I had more time.

OpIv37
05-09-2012, 11:52 AM

Definitely. At least my *****ing is all-encompassing. He just harps on the same guy all the time, as if one player lost 10 games by himself while the other 46 guys were playing lights-out.

PTI
05-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Definitely. At least my *****ing is all-encompassing. He just harps on the same guy all the time, as if one player lost 10 games by himself while the other 46 guys were playing lights-out.

Not true at all, I defended the contention that the defense consistently was at fault for the game being the Bills being down by 10-14 points at the end of the first quarter, you guys said it was about Fitz, not me. I showed clearly that the defense was not at fault for the Bills getting out to lopsided starts in all but one game. You can't blame the defense when they keep the game close and the Bills are losing because the offense gets off to slow starts and turns the ball over at a very high rate.

jamesiscool
05-09-2012, 12:16 PM
“Mario is not an impactful player, he is dominant, and he's proven that,” said Shawne Merriman. “Just seeing him walk around you can tell by the guy's physique, that he's not something that is just not ordinary walking around here. His football play speaks for itself. Just having him, Kyle, Marcell, Nick (Barett), and Kirk (Morrison) back, and the secondary guys who are quiet leaders on the team that people do not give a lot of credit to like George Wilson. Just the overall attitude of guys walking around in this building is great.”

Big props to Merriman, I know he hasn't had any impact on the field but having this guy in the locker room is huge. The dude is a leader and a winner, on a young team that hasn't done much winning this guy is a necessary voice. Now let's hope he can stay healthy and do some damage on the field.

JCBills
05-09-2012, 12:24 PM

Considering it was the exact opposite last year, you know that whole 30PPG for a while thing, riiiiiighhhttttt.

JCBills
05-09-2012, 12:25 PM

OP usually has a good point with an argument to back it.

PTI is just a whiner.

justasportsfan
05-09-2012, 12:28 PM
You can't blame the defense when they keep the game close and the Bills are losing because the offense gets off to slow starts and turns the ball over at a very high rate.

but you can blame the offense when they have a 21 pt lead and the D can't stop the patriots in the last game? thats stupid.

PTI
05-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Considering it was the exact opposite last year, you know that whole 30PPG for a while thing, riiiiiighhhttttt.

Only a few games where the game was out of reach early, go ahead and change the whole premise of what I was contending and answering too, you guys are complete tools.

JCBills
05-09-2012, 12:32 PM

LOL

Nobody has anointed Fitz. Nobody.

You just like to bash. If we don't bash, you somehow see that as praise.

The D was so much better than the O that the D ranked #30 in points allowed while the O ranked #14 in points per game.

Makes sense, right?

Are you Trent Edwards?

PTI
05-09-2012, 12:33 PM
but you can blame the offense when they have a 21 pt lead and the D can't stop the patriots in the last game? thats stupid.

I didn't, again, the was responding to the Bills being down 10-14 points early in the game, and you guys simply cannot read, and I really feel bad for how little money many of you must make by not knowing how to read.

JCBills
05-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Only a few games where the game was out of reach early, go ahead and change the whole premise of what I was contending and answering too, you guys are complete tools.

There are no angles to take here. The D was worse than the O. Your inability to comprehend makes everyone else tools? Lol, right.

justasportsfan
05-09-2012, 12:39 PM
I didn't, again, the was responding to the Bills being down 10-14 points early in the game, and you guys simply cannot read, and I really feel bad for how little money many of you must make by not knowing how to read.
the whole premise of your opinion about Fitz is that he loses the games since you bring up his w/l record and how you love to say Fitz sucks in practically your every post.

PTI
05-09-2012, 12:51 PM
There are no angles to take here. The D was worse than the O. Your inability to comprehend makes everyone else tools? Lol, right.

The D was worse then the O, I never said it wasn't, but it is a complete lie to say the defense let games get out of hand early last year, it was completely untrue.

SquishDaFish
05-09-2012, 01:19 PM
You know, it used to be that every thread, regardless of the topic, turned into a pissing match between me and justa and/or Flying Dutchman.

At least you somewhat had an argument most of the time. This guy is GONE in the head. I think Fitz stole something from PTI or crapped on him signing autos or something. PTIs crappy posts are getting OLD. We heard his opinion on Fitzy enough where we dont need to hear it IN EVERY SINGLE FN THREAD. Unreal

JCBills
05-09-2012, 01:21 PM
The D was worse then the O, I never said it wasn't, but it is a complete lie to say the defense let games get out of hand early last year, it was completely untrue.

Didnt' they come back from 21-0 3 weeks in a row to start the season?

JCBills
05-09-2012, 01:21 PM
At least you somewhat had an argument most of the time. This guy is GONE in the head. I think Fitz stole something from PTI or crapped on him signing autos or something. PTIs crappy posts are getting OLD. We heard his opinion on Fitzy enough where we dont need to hear it IN EVERY SINGLE FN THREAD. Unreal

I think he might just be Trent Edwards.

SquishDaFish
05-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Are you Trent Edwards?

THAT IT!! YOU FIGURED IT OUT!! THATS THE REASON HE HATES ON FITZY!!

HES REALLY TRENT EDWARDS!!! Should of seen that!

SquishDaFish
05-09-2012, 01:25 PM

Hey Trent we figured you out man. No need to be hating on the man that is still a starting QB unlike you. Go Away

JCBills
05-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Hey Trent we figured you out man. No need to be hating on the man that is still a starting QB unlike you. Go Away

I can't think of another reason for someone to be so against Fitz. They were best friends until Fitz took over as starter.

Hey Trent, give Ryan a call, I know you still have his number. Work out the pain with him instead of taking it out on fans of the franchise.

PTI
05-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Didnt' they come back from 21-0 3 weeks in a row to start the season?

The original premise was the did the defense put the offense in a hole in the first quarter all season long. Did that happen? That is what I was answering to, and you fools all changed everything. The Raiders game was 0-0 at the end of 1 quarter. Bills offense sure 'helped' the Bills get down in the 2nd quarter, Fitz INt allowed a very short field to get the Raiders to 14-0. The defense could have played better in the 2nd quarter without a doubt, but you guys don't know how to read.

The Patriots game was 14-0 at the end of the 1st quarter. Know what the Bills did on their first 2 drives? Fitz threw INTs on both. Know what the Bills did on their first two drives in the 2nd quarter? They went 3 and out. They played New England. You really going to say the defense out the offense in a hole? You are not only delusional if you say that, you are also not a very smart person and have almost no chance of being a successful person in life too.

The funny thing is the Patriots scored 31 points game, and they averaged 32 points per game for the season. Bills were right on point for the Patriots in that game in totality.

SquishDaFish
05-09-2012, 03:30 PM
The original premise was the did the defense put the offense in a hole in the first quarter all season long. Did that happen? That is what I was answering to, and you fools all changed everything. The Raiders game was 0-0 at the end of 1 quarter. Bills offense sure 'helped' the Bills get down in the 2nd quarter, Fitz INt allowed a very short field to get the Raiders to 14-0. The defense could have played better in the 2nd quarter without a doubt, but you guys don't know how to read.

The Patriots game was 14-0 at the end of the 1st quarter. Know what the Bills did on their first 2 drives? Fitz threw INTs on both. Know what the Bills did on their first two drives in the 2nd quarter? They went 3 and out. They played New England. You really going to say the defense out the offense in a hole? You are not only delusional if you say that, you are also not a very smart person and have almost no chance of being a successful person in life too.

The funny thing is the Patriots scored 31 points game, and they averaged 32 points per game for the season. Bills were right on point for the Patriots in that game in totality.

Hey Trent would you have done better?

Joe Fo Sho
05-09-2012, 03:57 PM
PTI!!!

Probably
Trent
Incognito

I think this could be a fun game...let's see what else you guys can come up with!

PTI
05-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Hey Trent would you have done better?

More extremely sad examples here of people just not paying attention to what was offered, and what I actually responded to. Pathetic. Not one time have I even brought up Trent Edwards here, so I am confused.

SquishDaFish
05-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Dont be confused. We all know you really are Trent Edwards. Thats the reason you hate Fitz soo much that you have to keep pounding at it in EVERY thread

casdhf
05-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Seems like merriman knows he's going to be a role player too.

JCBills
05-09-2012, 04:54 PM

Now its in the specific context of "did the D put the O in a hole in the 1st quarter"?

What happens in one quarter does not dictate the outcome of the game. Not sure where you're going with this.

When everyone around you is telling you something, you ever think that maybe they aren't the delusional ones?

JCBills
05-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Seems like merriman knows he's going to be a role player too.

With the addition of two DEs and him being a former pass rush specialist, he'd be in la-la land if he didn't think so. I think he just wants to win.

Meathead
05-09-2012, 05:06 PM
“Mario is ... not something that is just not ordinary”

hes not something thats not ordinary? so hes ordinary? or hes not not unexceptional? so hes not a non-special anti-indistinguishable reverse elevated unstandard quasi-mega-disaffected-post-celebrated pro-unmediocre player?

got it

PTI
05-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Now its in the specific context of "did the D put the O in a hole in the 1st quarter"?

What happens in one quarter does not dictate the outcome of the game. Not sure where you're going with this.

When everyone around you is telling you something, you ever think that maybe they aren't the delusional ones?

Go back and look at the original post I responded to and then feel stupid.

SquishDaFish
05-09-2012, 08:02 PM

OH Come on now Trent stop telling people that they will feel stupid. Just because you have to spew your utter crazy hatred toward the Starting QB because your nothing but a clipboard holder does not mean someone else should feel stupid.

Grow up or go out west surfing with the other clipboard holder Johnson

:roflmao:

YardRat
05-09-2012, 08:30 PM
There is something eerily familiar about this discussion.

Oh, yeah...that's it...

http://www.azcentral.com/i/sized/2/D/6/e298/j350/PHP48EA5430176D2.jpg

acehole
05-10-2012, 06:47 AM
ok so you have layed out a case.

Whats your plan?

QUOTE=PTI]That is so far from the truth it isn't even funny.

Blinders are fully on and people are on their knees when it comes to Fitzpatrick.[/QUOTE]

acehole
05-10-2012, 06:54 AM
hey pti here are some stats for you.

bills d was close to bottom at run defense

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/position/defense

and lower middle for pass

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/position/defense

when you are behind you have to pass more which causes more int's as the oposing defense play more nickle/dime

I am not saying fitz is as good as john travolta is gay.

I am saying we hate you.

JCBills
05-10-2012, 10:06 AM

Oh, yeah...that's it...

The hit that annihilated his confidence.

JCBills
05-10-2012, 10:21 AM

Your discussion with someone else has no bearing on me. Plus you're nitpicking and angling, which again has no impact on me because I didn't ask a "quarter-specific" question. The D was worse than the O so you have no point. Who should be feeling stupid here?

Oaf
05-10-2012, 10:27 AM

Oh, yeah...that's it...

Now this is a low blow. Whether you "like" trenty or not, we were going to the playoffs until this hit.

PTI
05-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Your discussion with someone else has no bearing on me. Plus you're nitpicking and angling, which again has no impact on me because I didn't ask a "quarter-specific" question. The D was worse than the O so you have no point. Who should be feeling stupid here?

You responded to my post about me responding to a post, and you never asked me a question, I have been saying the whole time in this thread that my responses revolved around the farce the defense constantly put the offense in a bad spot in the first quarter, you and yardrat keep changing what you are saying and just look like fools again.

Like I said there is little chance you or that guy are successful arguing something I am not even arguing against and not even on topic. Pretty pathetic once again.

JCBills
05-10-2012, 11:58 AM
You responded to my post about me responding to a post, and you never asked me a question, I have been saying the whole time in this thread that my responses revolved around the farce the defense constantly put the offense in a bad spot in the first quarter, you and yardrat keep changing what you are saying and just look like fools again.

Like I said there is little chance you or that guy are successful arguing something I am not even arguing against and not even on topic. Pretty pathetic once again.

Lol. Me saying something different than someone else means I changed what I said?

What?

Again, if EVERYONE AROUND YOU is telling you something, maybe they aren't the delusional ones.

Trent, I know you still feel bitter about Fitz taking the starting job, but let it go man.

SquishDaFish
05-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Quiet down Trent

The last buffalo fan
05-10-2012, 05:23 PM
I am not saying fitz is as good as john travolta is gay.

I am saying we hate you.

Actually I like PTI, he is a fun person! :D :bighug:

acehole
05-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Actually I like PTI, he is a fun person! :D :bighug:

I am just messing with him...

Fitz will go and someone will come in.....but not this year.

BertSquirtgum
05-10-2012, 09:31 PM

Please stop being so butt hurt about fitzputrid being our starter. I know he sucks but there is no need to complain about it in every thread, every ****ing day. Come on man.

PTI
05-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Please stop being so butt hurt about fitzputrid being our starter. I know he sucks but there is no need to complain about it in every thread, every ****ing day. Come on man.

Again.........for the many number of times, my response was to a post saying the Bills were always put in bad spots, down 10-14 points because the defense sucked in the first quarter, and I listed all the games and showed that was not a true statement. If his name came up it was in defense of the defense. Every other poster saw Fitz and then went on about it, I did not.

SquishDaFish
05-11-2012, 03:12 AM
Ok Trent calm down

ublinkwescore
05-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Hijacked...