PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Down The Bills Schedule

DraftBoy
05-10-2012, 10:28 AM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/05/breaking-down-the-bills-schedule-part-1/

With the crucial parts of the offseason program still many weeks away, football has entered the speculative period, in which fans start dreaming of kickoff and the hopes that come with a new season. Keeping this in mind, we look ahead to the first part of the Bills season and anticipate what kind of joy, or heartbreak, we might be in for.

OpIv37
05-10-2012, 11:15 AM
You think the Bills are going to score 27+ in 6 of their first 9 games? You have much more confidence in this O than I do.

Skooby
05-10-2012, 11:20 AM
You think the Bills are going to score 27+ in 6 of their first 9 games? You have much more confidence in this O than I do.

We were one of the top offenses for the first month +, all downhill from there on out.

Dr. Lecter
05-10-2012, 11:21 AM

They did so in 5 of the first 8 last year. It is not that unreasonable.

justasportsfan
05-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Intriguing Match-up: It’s easy to say that most Bills fans are intrigued with the possibility that Aaron Maybin will start for the Jets at OLB, and even more will say that they want to watch the CBs and WRs. Stevie versus Revis was really fun last season and the Jets are likely to start Stephen Hill, which means Hill could be going up against Gilmore; rookie on rookie.

However, I think the key to this game will be the Jets RT. Right now Wayne Hunter is penciled in to start at RT for the Jets, the position that will be responsible for blocking Mario Williams all game long. It could set up for a huge first game for Super Mario.

If the bills are healthy , you think that either Sanchez or Tebow can handle the pass rush? The nice thing about the bills DL is that the pass rush won't be coming from just one side anymore. Teams will have to pick their poison with this DL.

Skooby
05-10-2012, 11:34 AM
If the bills are healthy , you think that either Sanchez or Tebow can handle the pass rush? The nice thing about the bills DL is that the pass rush won't be coming from just one side anymore. Teams will have to pick their poison with this DL.

We can see which side our opposing O-line is favoring & do safety blitzes from the other side, that'll really screw them up. We actually have a few guys that have a history of that nasty behavior, lol.

PTI
05-10-2012, 01:12 PM
We were one of the top offenses for the first month +, all downhill from there on out.

All those teams stunk on defense we scored against, play any team any good the Bills did almost nothing on offense. The one somewhat decent defense they scored on was Denver, and there were 4 INTs. There was actually a punt return and 2 INT returns for TDs. In the New England game there were 4 INTs and INT return for a TD. In Philly there was 4 INT and a INT return for a TD.

People drastically overrate the Bills offense and their ability to score, they did almost nothing against teams with decent defenses, mostly because of poor QB play.

Mr. Miyagi
05-10-2012, 01:29 PM
People drastically overrate the Bills offense and their ability to score, they did almost nothing against teams with decent defenses, mostly because of poor QB play.
Shut up already. We're all very tired of your broken record.

Don't you have any other opinions about the Bills or are you just stuck on your single-minded hatred towards one player?

mayotm
05-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Shut up already. We're all very tired of your broken record.

Don't you have any other opinions about the Bills or are you just stuck on your single-minded hatred towards one player?
Join the many people who have him on ignore. If enough people do it and stop responding to him, he'll likely go away.

stuckincincy
05-10-2012, 01:40 PM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/05/breaking-down-the-bills-schedule-part-1/

6 and 2...right. :funny:

PTI
05-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Join the many people who have him on ignore. If enough people do it and stop responding to him, he'll likely go away.

Funny.

You will never learn anything then and be the same clueless fan that most others are then. I love my Bills but if honestly go through each game it is easy to see how poor the offense really performed overall, and they scored a bunch of garbage time late points and had a multitude of defensive TDs as well. It is called being objective and honest.

better days
05-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Funny.

You will never learn anything then and be the same clueless fan that most others are then. I love my Bills but if honestly go through each game it is easy to see how poor the offense really performed overall, and they scored a bunch of garbage time late points and had a multitude of defensive TDs as well. It is called being objective and honest.

With all the injuries the Bills had last season including the injury to Fitz, to put the majority of blame of the Bills collapse on the QB is hardly objective or honest.

PTI
05-10-2012, 02:22 PM
With all the injuries the Bills had last season including the injury to Fitz, to put the majority of blame of the Bills collapse on the QB is hardly objective or honest.

He led the league in picks and was dreadful for the whole second half of the year. Regardless, it is true the offense was not that good at scoring points.

psubills62
05-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Funny.

No it's called being obsessive. Objective people can look at something and rate it honestly for itself. Objective people don't key in on one thing despite everything else that's been done. Objective people don't bring up one thing EVERY time they post.

Why on earth do people assume that if they're not overly positive, they must be objective, like those are the only two options available?

ddaryl
05-10-2012, 02:38 PM

I see no reason why not... not necessarily expecting that.. but lets review shall we.

http://i.imm.io/oS10.png

Our D is very much improved, in both players and coaching. This means the O gets the ball back more often and in better filed position..(in theory of course)
We scored an average of over 23 points per game last year, and that was with a very bad streak of football included
Fitz broke ribs week 8, and our O play suffered after that for a few weeks
We went through 4 centers, 3 LT's, lost a couple of WR's our top TE, and Our #1 RB.
So yeah I think this Offense can score 25+ points average. That is if the intangibles are kind to us. It will be tough but I do have faith in this Offense to move the football.

ddaryl
05-10-2012, 02:40 PM

yeah I agree.. it's one thing to have an opinion, but when that opinion is shoe horned into every thread and comment it gets ridiculously old.

the ignore function works.

DraftBoy
05-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Just to note, not my article. Written by our new writer on staff. We'll be adding one more soon as well.

justasportsfan
05-10-2012, 03:00 PM
All those teams stunk on defense we scored against, play any team any good the Bills did almost nothing on offense. The one somewhat decent defense they scored on was Denver, and there were 4 INTs. There was actually a punt return and 2 INT returns for TDs. In the New England game there were 4 INTs and INT return for a TD. In Philly there was 4 INT and a INT return for a TD.

Defenses
KC ranked 11th
Philadelphia 7th
washington 13th

buffalo offense was ranked 14 in ppg and tolal offense 14th despite injuries .

PTI Logic:
When the bills score points , it's because they played crappy defenses
when they lose, it's all Fitz's fault. :roflmao:

Thats just plain stupid.

PTI
05-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Defenses
KC ranked 11th
Philadelphia 7th
washington 13th

buffalo offense was ranked 14 in ppg and tolal offense 14th despite injuries .

PTI Logic:
When the bills score points , it's because they played crappy defenses
when they lose, it's all Fitz's fault. :roflmao:

Thats just plain stupid.

KC was a complete mess at the start of the season. You have no clue about football, you continuously prove you and many others only watch the Bills and really live in a shell. Pretty sad existence. KC was a different team starting week 3. This was perhaps the Bills best offensive performance of the year, against another non playoff team, congratulations.

Philly also let up over 21 points a game, Bill scored 31. Should have been much more. Bills were just 6/14 on 3rd down. Defense had 4 INTs and a fumble recovery, and one INT went for a touchdown, so the offense really scored 24 points only. You really make yourself look foolish.

Washington let up 23 a game, and the Bills scored 23. You make yourself look more dumb by every post you make. Bills offense was average against Washington, who scored zero points, was sacked 9 times and had 2 turnovers.

You guys can't win, you can keep trying, and you keep failing. The justasports guy has to be absolute worst too, I mean fast food worker intelligence.

Beebe's Kid
05-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Somebody has more faith in the Bills than Op? I am shocked....absolutely shocked, I tell ya.

YardRat
05-10-2012, 04:43 PM
6 and 2...right. :funny:

I counted 5-3.

I would take either one for the first half of the season. Unfortunately, IMO a lot hinges on the first game against NY, and if we do lose that one as predicted in the article we're probably realistically looking at 4-4 or worse.

JCBills
05-10-2012, 04:56 PM

Since Schobel left it hadn't been coming from any side lol.

This adds a whole new layer to the D. I can't wait to see how many INTs this secondary has with an actual pass rush that gets QBs to force balls.

JCBills
05-10-2012, 04:57 PM
I see no reason why we can't be 8-0 to start the season. Our defense is elite and Brady, Smith, Sanchez and the rest will take a wet dump in their skivvies when they see our D-line!

A defense can't be elite without hitting the field.

#30 ranked last year for points, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

JCBills
05-10-2012, 04:58 PM
KC was a complete mess at the start of the season. You have no clue about football, you continuously prove you and many others only watch the Bills and really live in a shell. Pretty sad existence. KC was a different team starting week 3. This was perhaps the Bills best offensive performance of the year, against another non playoff team, congratulations.

Philly also let up over 21 points a game, Bill scored 31. Should have been much more. Bills were just 6/14 on 3rd down. Defense had 4 INTs and a fumble recovery, and one INT went for a touchdown, so the offense really scored 24 points only. You really make yourself look foolish.

Washington let up 23 a game, and the Bills scored 23. You make yourself look more dumb by every post you make. Bills offense was average against Washington, who scored zero points, was sacked 9 times and had 2 turnovers.

You guys can't win, you can keep trying, and you keep failing. The justasports guy has to be absolute worst too, I mean fast food worker intelligence.

You're pulling the "well that didn't count" card and trying to insult someone's intelligence?

Childish. Simply childish.

JCBills
05-10-2012, 05:00 PM
He led the league in picks and was dreadful for the whole second half of the year. Regardless, it is true the offense was not that good at scoring points.

Break your ribs and then see how easy your normal day is.

Then, go do it in the NFL.

mayotm
05-10-2012, 05:06 PM
I counted 5-3.

I would take either one for the first half of the season. Unfortunately, IMO a lot hinges on the first game against NY, and if we do lose that one as predicted in the article we're probably realistically looking at 4-4 or worse.A 4-4 start would still put the Bills in a decent position to make a playoff run. Their last 8 games appear to be easier than the first 8.

better days
05-10-2012, 05:28 PM

You make NO POINT with this post. If anyone has no clue, it is YOU!

PTI
05-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Break your ribs and then see how easy your normal day is.

Then, go do it in the NFL.

No excuses, if he could not play then he should not have, he still sucked, he still led the league in INTs, the Bills still only won 6 games (and had 4 INTs in 3 of them), and he still finished outside the top 20 of QB rankings, nothing different from his bad stats he has put up and losing record he leads teams to his whole career. He sucks.

PTI
05-10-2012, 08:07 PM
You're pulling the "well that didn't count" card and trying to insult someone's intelligence?

Childish. Simply childish.

Childish is not addressing points. I do in every post, I addressed the 3 games,you are a typical name caller, you have no point to make and cannot debate any point, that is why. I said the Bills played their best offensive game of the season against the Chiefs and were nothing at all special against the Eagles and Redskins on offense, I didn't say anything didn't count. All points count, but the offense didn't return an INT for as touchdown in the Eagles game.

gr8slayer
05-10-2012, 08:33 PM
@PTI: I have a couple of questions for you.
- With Fitzpatrick as our QB, what do you think the Bills' record will be?
- Who would you replaced Fitzpatrick with right now (realistically), and what do you think the record would be with that QB?

Thank you,

Joe Fo Sho
05-10-2012, 08:58 PM
@PTI: I have a couple of questions for you.
- With Fitzpatrick as our QB, what do you think the Bills' record will be?
- Who would you replaced Fitzpatrick with right now (realistically), and what do you think the record would be with that QB?

Thank you,

I know he's been asked that before, and he's never answered. It's like my old boss once told me, don't come to me with a problem without also bringing a possible solution.

PTI
05-10-2012, 09:18 PM
I know he's been asked that before, and he's never answered. It's like my old boss once told me, don't come to me with a problem without also bringing a possible solution.

You seem somewhat fair, but not now. I have answered multiple times before. Not sure what you have missed. Either you just did not read what I wrote or you refuse to accept what I wrote as my answer.

@gr8slayer, at this point Fitz is the QB, I am well aware of that, and I understand that. I just can't stand people thinking he will be any different that the inaccurate turnover machine who does not win games that he has shown that he is. He increased his accuracy last year by completing world record numbers of screens and under 7 yard passes.

Bills passed on many guys for many years now. They have their eggs in one basket, clearly at the moment. I think the Bills with Fitz max out at 8-8, and likely finish 7-9 or worse. I will pick 7-9 right now, but the season is so far away from really doing any real picks. I think Fitz has proven he is not a capable leader and winner. I think the Bills could have won 6 games with Thigpen starting last year. You can fart 4 wins. It is hard to believe that the Tarvaris Jackson/Charlie Whitehurt Seahawks can win 8 games and the Bills cannot. They thought those guys were not the answer and Jackson was more reliable then Fitz was. I would trade for Jackson right now and let him start,and the Bills would go 10-6 with him. Bills could go 9-7 with Vince Young. If the Bills drafted Andy Dalton last year they would be a playoff team this year, but for some unknown reason they like Fitz.

gr8slayer
05-10-2012, 09:30 PM
I think Fitz has proven he is not a capable leader and winner.
In my opinion, it's a little early to make that statement. The guy has only be "the guy" for one full season. I understand your frustration with him, but I'm willing to give him a few years before I'm ready to completely give up on him.

It is hard to believe that the Tarvaris Jackson/Charlie Whitehurt Seahawks can win 8 games and the Bills cannot.
I'm a pretty big Seahawks fan, watched every game several times. The Seahawks managed to win in spite of Jackson and Whitehurst. The defense stepped up when it mattered, and Marshawn Lynch looked un-human at times. While I don't have anything against Jackson, there's no doubt that he's in the bottom-tier of starters, and isn't a starter on 29 other teams.

If the Bills drafted Andy Dalton last year they would be a playoff team this year.While I'm a huge proponent of Dalton's, and think very highly of him, that's a situation very similar to the Seahawks. Dalton had the four things a young QB needs to succeed; running game, defense, TE, and an elite WR. If he's in Buffalo, he has none of those things (don't honestly consider Johnson to be in the elite category).

You're obviously entitled to your opinion about Fitzpatrick, but I respectfully disagree, and am not ready to give up on the guy after one full year as the starter.

PTI
05-10-2012, 09:45 PM
I think Fitz has the 16th most starts of any QB in the NFL over the last 4 total NFL seasons. Fitz started 14 games the year before. Fitz has had extended playing time for 4 seasons in a row where he was the #1 QB, just because you do not start out as the starter does not mean you are the starter. He has a career under 70 QB rating in his games played in November, December, and January, and has been in the NFL for 7 seasons. He is what he is, a very below average starting NFL QB who has been an NFL starter now for 4 seasons. I respectfully disagree, but whole heartedly hope I am way off here.

To me Jackson has not received close to the opportunity Fitz has, and he has won games, he has won as many as he has lost as a starter. Even John Skelton was 7-4 last year. My answer before really was anyone but Fitz, I pretty much stand by that.

BillsOverDolphins
05-11-2012, 12:09 AM
Just to note, not my article. Written by our new writer on staff. We'll be adding one more soon as well.
Fire him.

DraftBoy
05-11-2012, 06:56 AM
Fire him.

No.

Joe Fo Sho
05-11-2012, 07:30 AM
You seem somewhat fair, but not now. I have answered multiple times before. Not sure what you have missed. Either you just did not read what I wrote or you refuse to accept what I wrote as my answer.

I guess I've always missed your response, my bad.

So what would you have done this offseason then? Replace Fitz with who?

stuckincincy
05-11-2012, 08:57 AM
I counted 5-3.

I would take either one for the first half of the season. Unfortunately, IMO a lot hinges on the first game against NY, and if we do lose that one as predicted in the article we're probably realistically looking at 4-4 or worse.

Yep, you are right...5 and 3. I'd be happy with 4 - 4.

DraftBoy
05-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Part 1 left us at 5-3 after eight games, how will Part 2 have us finishing?

See here;
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/05/breaking-down-the-bills-schedule-part-2/

With the crucial parts of the offseason program still many weeks away, football has entered the speculative period, in which fans start dreaming of kickoff and the hopes that come with a new season. Keeping this in mind, we began our look ahead to the first part of the Bills season last week and will continue to examine the second part of the schedule in detail.

methos4ever
05-23-2012, 08:07 AM
Part 1 left us at 5-3 after eight games, how will Part 2 have us finishing?

See here;
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/05/breaking-down-the-bills-schedule-part-2/
As a quick heads up he's missing week 14 I believe (ST Louis)

DraftBoy
05-23-2012, 10:38 AM
As a quick heads up he's missing week 14 I believe (ST Louis)

Editor Fail

methos4ever
05-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Editor Fail
No worries, just wanted to make sure you knew!

DraftBoy
05-24-2012, 07:32 AM
No worries, just wanted to make sure you knew!

Its been fixed.