PDA

View Full Version : Bills Focus: Inside Buffalo's Draft Room

Ed
05-10-2012, 12:20 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Bills-Focus-Inside-Buffalos-Draft-Room/2f6db982-cad3-4b58-8c9e-980c9ec07d8c

Mr. Miyagi
05-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Nice look at it. Got me a bit fired up.

Beebe's Kid
05-10-2012, 03:17 PM
That is a great video. I did feel like Buddy deserved the old "Who shot the couch?" joke for his sport coat, but it wouldn't be nearly as fun if Buddy wasn't who he is.

mrbojanglezs
05-10-2012, 06:38 PM
you could tell he was pissed when barron was off the board

wmoz11
05-10-2012, 07:07 PM

Unless the two teams that called were the 8th and 9th picks, he could have moved up to grab him if he wanted him that badly.

Don't Panic
05-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Great perspective... I wonder who they had tabbed as the 3 speed guys to go along with Graham.

thenry20
05-11-2012, 04:16 AM
That video was too short but it's awesome Brown posted it. I think he mentioned in his blog that more was coming. Let's hope so.

Too bad such insight isn't available before their Super Bowl years.

Romes
05-11-2012, 04:24 AM
The video suggests to me that Graham was a desperation move. They wanted a speed guy with some size and he was the only one left. Once, the others where off the board, he was the only thing they were considering in the third round. It was a flat out need pick no best player available consideration at all.

I'm willing to give Graham the benefit of the doubt, but it tends to be picks like those that bust.

Love the rest of the draft though.

don137
05-11-2012, 06:43 AM
Not sure if it was the editing job or not but that was my perception too.

justasportsfan
05-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Could be coaches speak but his Mcniel reference means they were considering Glenn with their 10th pick and got him in the 2nd anyways?

DraftBoy
05-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Great perspective... I wonder who they had tabbed as the 3 speed guys to go along with Graham.

10 WR's went before Graham;
Blackmon
Floyd
Wright
Hill
Jenkins
Quick
Jeffrey
Broyles
Randle
Posey

My guess at the three names given a few different factors;
Brian Quick
Rueben Randle
Ryan Broyles

Michael82
05-12-2012, 01:08 AM
Man, thats the first time I have ever seen one of the behind the scenes draft videos where Ralph is nowhere to be found. It really, truly is Buddy's team. That's good to see. But also makes me worry about Ralph's health. :(

Don't Panic
05-12-2012, 04:49 AM
10 WR's went before Graham;
Blackmon
Floyd
Wright
Hill
Jenkins
Quick
Jeffrey
Broyles
Randle
Posey

My guess at the three names given a few different factors;
Brian Quick
Rueben Randle
Ryan Broyles

Based on the video it probably wasn't Quick, as Buddy mentioned that pushed a guy down to them. I bet it was the last three - Broyles, Randle and Posey. Of those three, the only one who is a clear notch ahead of Graham is Randle IMO (although Posey was an interesting prospect since he had a little more height than Graham).

I think if Houston passed on Posey and Graham, Buddy would have sat tight and let one of the two fall to him. We'll never know which he liked better, but my initial guess would be Posey. I also think JAX may have truly liked Graham, but once again we'll probably never know.