View Full Version : Ron Brooks Agrees to Terms

Slim
05-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Link in a second.

Per Jason La Canfora Twitter.

Yasgur's Farm
05-10-2012, 07:26 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/JaySkurski

The <S>#</S>Bills (https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23Bills) and 4th-round pick, CB Ron Brooks of LSU, have agreed to a four-year contract, according a tweet from his agent <S>@</S>AlbertEliasMGMT (https://twitter.com/#!/AlbertEliasMGMT)

Beebe
05-10-2012, 11:16 PM
I think he's going to be a special player.

jimbohastle51
05-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Man I am excited to see this kid play! I really feel like he is going to be one of our best players before long.

Oaf
05-10-2012, 11:36 PM
Man I am excited to see this kid play! I really feel like he is going to be one of our best players before long.
How/Why?

jimbohastle51
05-10-2012, 11:43 PM
How/Why?
I saw him play a couple times when he while he was with LSU. The kid would have started for any other SEC team. The kid just got overshadowed by top ELITE talent in the nation in Patrick Peterson, Morris Caiborne, and Tyrann Mathieu the past couple seasons. When he gets to camp he will show out and be one of the top 3 CB's i think. The only thing that i really feel will hold him back a little bit is just learning to play CB more and more. A lot of times he would line up and just blitz and play the run. He will be in coverage a heck of a lot more now than he was at LSU. He is by far the most physical corner out of the 3 i listed above though. Les Miles even said as much. "He is a willing tackler"
Remember size doesn't always matter either. Terrence McGee was really small coming out of school and is still not that big of a corner but he will lay the wood and is a good tackle when he has to be. This kid reminds me a lot of a better version of McGee coming out of school.

Oaf
05-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the insight. I too look forward to seeing if he can cover.

jimbohastle51
05-10-2012, 11:58 PM
He has good natural ball skills. He just has to get better at staying in a receivers hip pocket during a route. When he does get it though, with his physicality he will be a firecracker on defense for us.

tampabay25690
05-11-2012, 06:57 AM
I saw him play a couple times when he while he was with LSU. The kid would have started for any other SEC team. The kid just got overshadowed by top ELITE talent in the nation in Patrick Peterson, Morris Caiborne, and Tyrann Mathieu the past couple seasons. When he gets to camp he will show out and be one of the top 3 CB's i think. The only thing that i really feel will hold him back a little bit is just learning to play CB more and more. A lot of times he would line up and just blitz and play the run. He will be in coverage a heck of a lot more now than he was at LSU. He is by far the most physical corner out of the 3 i listed above though. Les Miles even said as much. "He is a willing tackler"
Remember size doesn't always matter either. Terrence McGee was really small coming out of school and is still not that big of a corner but he will lay the wood and is a good tackle when he has to be. This kid reminds me a lot of a better version of McGee coming out of school.

You said it exactly how I would have as well.
This guy is the real deal reminds me of Janoris Jenkins a little bit.
You are right he was just overshadowed at LSU.
Will be a very nice addition to are defense.
1 thing I will say are team got much faster.

Forward_Lateral
05-11-2012, 07:02 AM
Wasn't he hurt or something last season, which is why he fell? I remember during the draft when the Bills picked him, Mayock said he's first round talent.