PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young signs one year deal with Bills

Forward_Lateral
05-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Via Adam Schefter on twitter and facebook.

dannyek71
05-11-2012, 12:18 PM
No.

FlyingDutchman
05-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Great signing. Although its a backup position, our team just got even better. He has all the talent in the world, Im willing to give him a shot and hope he has matured and isn't a mental midget anymore

Forward_Lateral
05-11-2012, 12:22 PM
You don't like the move? I think it's a good move. No risk. Thigpen is horrid, and at least VY brings another element to the field, if he has to see it.

I'd be 1000000 times more confident in VY than I would in Thigpen.

superbills
05-11-2012, 12:23 PM
You don't like the move? I think it's a good move. No risk. Thigpen is horrid, and at least VY brings another element to the field, if he has to see it.

I'd be 1000000 times more confident in VY than I would in Thigpen.

THIS

Bill Cody
05-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Great signing. Although its a backup position, our team just got even better. He has all the talent in the world, Im willing to give him a shot and hope he has matured and isn't a mental midget anymore

He didn't grow a brain but may have matured. In any case he does have talent. Pigpen doesn't. Good move.

Historian
05-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Backup QB position has just been upgraded.

Good move.

Johnny Bugmenot
05-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Good God, I hope this doesn't turn into another quarterback controversy.

PromoTheRobot
05-11-2012, 12:33 PM
#10 is available.

PTR

ddaryl
05-11-2012, 12:33 PM
He is a very intriguing backup and wildcat option.

No complaints... just don't want ot hear the ridiculous Young should start non sense that is coming in 3.....2.....1.....

PromoTheRobot
05-11-2012, 12:34 PM

No complaints... just don't want ot hear the ridiculous Young should start non sense that is coming in 1....2.....3

The second he throws a ball further than Fitz in OTA's it will begin.

PTR

blackonyx89
05-11-2012, 12:38 PM
The second he throws a ball further than Fitz in OTA's it will begin.

PTR

It's a good move, it's only for 1 year and it Fitz struggles and Vince isn't good at all, that will say to the Bills brass it's time to go out and get a higher caliber QB. I hope that won't be the case at all and Fitz plays well (fingers crossed.)

ddaryl
05-11-2012, 12:40 PM
I still HOPE (not expecting) Tanney or Corp show enough to unseat him as the backup, but he is a great safety net option for us.

Much better then Thigpen

jimbohastle51
05-11-2012, 12:40 PM
One thing is for sure... Buddy Nix said all the right things by saying he is strictly here to compete for the backup spot but lets get real here. If Fitz has one of his trademark 4 or 5 game skids where he throws a ton of interceptions and questionable throws then the controversy will begin (weather his skid is injury related or not). V Young should be here to compete with Fitz as well. This is not high school football it can only be positive for Fitz to look over his shoulder and force him to get better. Competition brings the best out in men. If you really look at it both Vince and Fitz are on a one year deal. The Bills can terminate Fitz contract by not picking the option up after this season. Probably the biggest thing here is that Thigpen isn't making this roster now. No Way he gets 2.5 million this season to be 3rd string. They can probably get a 7th round pick for him or release him and put that cash towards an extension for Byrd or Levitre like they did by releasing Florence and then closing Freddie's deal.

Marvelous
05-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Buddy,What Re you doing. Atleast allow us our dignity with our .500

THATHURMANATOR
05-11-2012, 12:52 PM

No complaints... just don't want ot hear the ridiculous Young should start non sense that is coming in 3.....2.....1.....
Who would say that?

SquishDaFish
05-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Who would say that?

PTI (Trent Edwards) :cough: :cough:

ServoBillieves
05-11-2012, 01:25 PM
PTI (Trent Edwards) :cough: :cough:

Oh CMON! We knew it was him!!! PTI is probably locked up in a closet with some lube and pictures of the times that Fitzy failed in Cincy.

justasportsfan
05-11-2012, 01:30 PM

this.

Skooby
05-11-2012, 01:39 PM
We own the 2006 draft class!!!!

Joe Fo Sho
05-11-2012, 01:46 PM
We own the 2006 draft class!!!!

Our 2006 draft was awful, just awful. The only player on our team that we drafted from that year is Kyle Williams.

Donte Whitner
John McCargo
Ashton Youboty
Ko Simpson
Kyle Williams
Brad Butler
Keith Ellison
Terrence Pennington
Aaron Merz

Figster
05-11-2012, 01:57 PM
VY is a great signing in my opinion and I love Buddy Nix for having the balls to do it.

:gobills:

PTI
05-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Oh CMON! We knew it was him!!! PTI is probably locked up in a closet with some lube and pictures of the times that Fitzy failed in Cincy.

There are plenty of current pictures of Fitz failure, I assure you of that, and I like Blue and red better than black and orange.

Johnny Bugmenot
05-11-2012, 02:00 PM
There are plenty of current pictures of Fitz failure, I assure you of that, and I like Blue and red better than black and orange.
So you enjoy seeing the Bills led to failure, huh? Well, that explains a lot.

Troll.

ServoBillieves
05-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Oh so EVEN when I ignore him he can see what I post? And I STILL can see his responses to my comments through other peoples quoting?!

ugh... Might as well not waste my time and just read his worthless messages.

PTI
05-11-2012, 02:22 PM
So you enjoy seeing the Bills led to failure, huh? Well, that explains a lot.

Troll.

Hate when the Bills lose, when did I even say that? They have won 10 games the last 2 seasons

Panthers 8
Rams 9
Browns 9
Vikings 9

At the very most the Bills would have 11 wins had Fitz played the first two games in 2010. Would not change this position, Fitz has proven to lead the Bills to be one of the worst teams in the NFL over the last 2 seasons.

He is that bad. I am sick of seeing that bad. He has many crapatrick moments over the last two seasons, as many as any other player in the entire NFL.

justasportsfan
05-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Hate when the Bills lose, when did I even say that? They have won 10 games the last 2 seasons

Panthers 8
Rams 9
Browns 9
Vikings 9

Are you insinuating that Cam Newton blows based on their record last year since you like you blame w/l on the qb? Or does that only apply when Fitz is the qb.

The bills defense was worse than the offense yet their record was all Fitz's fault ?

Man your posts get dumber.

PTI
05-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Are you insinuating that Cam Newton blows based on their record last year since you like you blame w/l on the qb? Or does that only apply when Fitz is the qb.

The bills defense was worse than the offense yet their record was all Fitz's fault ?

Man your posts get dumber.

No, but of all those teams, the Bills are the only team that basically played the same QB the whole time, has to show you something if you do not walk around with your eyes closed. You are just that smart of a person and have much trouble hitting off a tee and adding one plus one.

justasportsfan
05-11-2012, 02:54 PM
No, but of all those teams, the Bills are the only team that basically played the same QB the whole time, has to show you something if you do not walk around with your eyes closed. You are just that smart of a person and have much trouble hitting off a tee and adding one plus one.

Cam Newton played the entire season last year. By your logic he sucks since they only won 6 games just like Fitz.

In some areas, Fitz had better nos. than guys like Alex Smith, MArk Sanchez,Matt Shaub and Tebow. Yet they had more wins.

Anyne who thinks that the qb is the only one to blame and that the D has nothing to do with it knows NOTHING!

Luisito23
05-11-2012, 03:00 PM
No.

YES!!

Great signing!

I LOVE this offseason!

Don't Panic
05-11-2012, 03:10 PM
I love that Fitz has something to think about. I don't think he needed it but it definitely can't hurt.

I love that this is the same guy who I watched tear it up vs. USC over 6 years ago, and that he may just actually mature t a point where he can fully realize his potential sometime soon.

I love that Chan will get a chance to work with a player who has a skill set that fits his offensive philosophy almost to a T.

And I love that it is a low risk, one year deal.

justasportsfan
05-11-2012, 03:19 PM
I love that Fitz has something to think about. I don't think he needed it but it definitely can't hurt.

I love that this is the same guy who I watched tear it up vs. USC over 6 years ago, and that he may just actually mature t a point where he can fully realize his potential sometime soon.

I love that Chan will get a chance to work with a player who has a skill set that fits his offensive philosophy almost to a T.

And I love that it is a low risk, one year deal.

well said

SABURZFAN
05-11-2012, 04:02 PM
the Fitz Lickers better get ready.... :D

BillsOverDolphins
05-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Thank God Pigpen is no longer the #2...although he'll always be #2.

PTI
05-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Cam Newton played the entire season last year. By your logic he sucks since they only won 6 games just like Fitz.

In some areas, Fitz had better nos. than guys like Alex Smith, MArk Sanchez,Matt Shaub and Tebow. Yet they had more wins.

Anyne who thinks that the qb is the only one to blame and that the D has nothing to do with it knows NOTHING!

You love making stuff up, don't you? Don't tell me what my logic is, you aren't smart enough to comprehend. Newton brought his team a 5 win increase, that is pretty darn good. The Fitz lovers cannot comprehend and have to really pick and choose pieces to defend him.

SABURZFAN
05-11-2012, 04:11 PM
You love making stuff up, don't you? Don't tell me what my logic is, you aren't smart enough to comprehend. Newton brought his team a 5 win increase, that is pretty darn good. The Fitz lovers cannot comprehend and have to really pick and choose pieces to defend him.

:roflmao:

mightysimi
05-11-2012, 04:22 PM
What worries me was that he was here what like a week ago and didn't sign and then leaves and does nothing for a week and then signs. To me he was looking for another offer and it never came so why were we the only team to be interested?

Is it because he thought he would get a starting job somewhere? Or does everyone in the league think so little of this guy?

PTI
05-11-2012, 04:28 PM
What worries me was that he was here what like a week ago and didn't sign and then leaves and does nothing for a week and then signs. To me he was looking for another offer and it never came so why were we the only team to be interested?

Is it because he thought he would get a starting job somewhere? Or does everyone in the league think so little of this guy?

Could be a few things. Could be money. Could be he had to be convinced he is the clear #2 to start with.........with a carrot somewhere saying he might play.........or they did not call him for like 5 days and Young realized not many other teams were as desperate as the Bills to find someone better to play QB. Who knows. Just glad he is here. Even if it just pushes Fitz to play better.

YardRat
05-11-2012, 04:43 PM
I don't like it. Would rather somebody like Tanney really took advantage of the opportunity and step up big time.

That being said, the one positive (as Historian already alluded to) is that at least the team acknowledged they desperately needed an upgrade at #2 QB and are attempting to do just that.

I'm wondering now if this sends a warning shot to Brad Smith as much as it does Thigpen.

Skooby
05-11-2012, 04:50 PM
I don't like it. Would rather somebody like Tanney really took advantage of the opportunity and step up big time.

That being said, the one positive (as Historian already alluded to) is that at least the team acknowledged they desperately needed an upgrade at #2 QB and are attempting to do just that.

I'm wondering now if this sends a warning shot to Brad Smith as much as it does Thigpen.

I hope the warning shot drops pinkslips while flying over.

SquishDaFish
05-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Could be a few things. Could be money. Could be he had to be convinced he is the clear #2 to start with.........with a carrot somewhere saying he might play.........or they did not call him for like 5 days and Young realized not many other teams were as desperate as the Bills to find someone better to play QB. Who knows. Just glad he is here. Even if it just pushes Fitz to play better.

Damn you had a great post going until your normal little dig at Fitzy. But whats new with you right Trent

PTI
05-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Damn you had a great post going until your normal little dig at Fitzy. But whats new with you right Trent

How is it a dig? Bills clearly have the worst roster in the NFL at QB before today when looking at QB overall.

SquishDaFish
05-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Behind Fitz I agree with you. Fitz isnt nearly as bad as you make him out to be Trent

The last buffalo fan
05-11-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm wondering now if this sends a warning shot to Brad Smith

He better learn how run routes and catch the ball now, because he sucks as KR.

Mr. Pink
05-11-2012, 05:30 PM
How is it a dig? Bills clearly have the worst roster in the NFL at QB before today when looking at QB overall.

You were already proven wrong on this point in another thread and even admitted there was a couple teams with a worse situation than the Bills at QB.

Consistency ain't your strong suit is it?

Jan Reimers
05-11-2012, 07:47 PM
While I don't think Young has the mentality to be a successful starter in the NFL, he could be a decent backup who, if pressed into action, could win a few games. He is better than Thigpen for sure.

And I salute the Bills' FO for all the steps they have taken in free agency to try to make us better.

Dr. Lecter
05-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Worse than Arizona? Kansas City? Seattle? Jacksonville?

Very interesting line of bull****.

DraftBoy
05-11-2012, 08:09 PM
QB Fallout of the Vince Young Signing:
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/05/the-qb-fallout-of-the-vince-young-signing/

It was announced today via Twitter that the workout of former Philadelphia Eagles QB Vince Young in Buffalo has in fact resulted in a contract being agreed to by Young. Young who just earlier today mentioned that the Bills were still very much in play for his services may have been simply foreshadowing to what we all now know.

BertSquirtgum
05-11-2012, 09:32 PM
So will this make Thigpen the #3? I don't see how the Bills can keep him at #3 without cutting him and redoing a contract. He is making 3 million a year and is only worth 1/10 of that contract.

lightningbolt444
05-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Can we just ban PTI? He ruins this board and makes me not want to come here at all. I hardly post because of people like him. I ignore and still see the stupid comments in quotes.

PTI
05-11-2012, 10:31 PM
You were already proven wrong on this point in another thread and even admitted there was a couple teams with a worse situation than the Bills at QB.

Consistency ain't your strong suit is it?

This is a complete lie, a false assertion, and very lame attempt here. Liars suck, and you qualify. For one, explain how I was proven wrong and for what, and two, please tell me what I admitted. You guys are really sad, you have to be another fast food worker.

better days
05-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Worse than Arizona? Kansas City? Seattle? Jacksonville?

Very interesting line of bull****.

How could you leave out Cleveland, Miami & San Francisco?

Don't Panic
05-12-2012, 04:55 AM
I seriously hope that Brad Smith is fighting for a job. It was a little easier to justify his salary last year when the cupboards were a bit more bare, but I can't see paying the guy $4 million a year to be a temp. player this time around.

In the end VY will beat out Thigpen for the #2. Hopefully that leaves Corp and Tanney to battle it out for a true #3 developmental QB, which is just what we could use if VY is the #2.

better days
05-12-2012, 06:01 AM
So will this make Thigpen the #3? I don't see how the Bills can keep him at #3 without cutting him and redoing a contract. He is making 3 million a year and is only worth 1/10 of that contract.

No, after camp, it makes Thigpen a FA looking for a job.

mysticsoto
05-12-2012, 06:30 AM
Can we just ban PTI? He ruins this board and makes me not want to come here at all. I hardly post because of people like him. I ignore and still see the stupid comments in quotes.

You can't ban someone b'cse they post opinions you disagree with, lame as they may be. That is what the "Ignore" feature is for...

mysticsoto
05-12-2012, 06:33 AM

Really? $3 million? Thought I heard in the radio that VY's contract was for $2 million-ish. So not only do we upgrade on talent, but we save money also? See ya Tyler!

Way to go Buddy!!!

Quite frankly, I can't remember a better offseason for the Bills...EVER!!!

Mr. Miyagi
05-12-2012, 07:18 AM
Really?

Arizona - Kolb and who?
Tampa - Freeman and who?
Minnesota - Ponder and who?
KC - Cassel and who?
Tennessee - Hasselbeck and Locker and who?
Jacksonville - Gabbert are you serious???
Cleveland - Rookie Weeden (though I do like him but rookie nonetheless) and McCoy??
Cincy - Dalton and who?
Miami - Moore and Garrard and Tannehill

You cannot honestly tell me Fitz isn't as good as or better than these teams' starters. And now with Young our depth just got better than most of these teams.

Mr. Miyagi
05-12-2012, 07:20 AM
He better learn how run routes and catch the ball now, because he sucks as KR.
Best TLBF post I have ever seen. :bf1:

Mr. Miyagi
05-12-2012, 07:28 AM
I seriously hope that Brad Smith is fighting for a job. It was a little easier to justify his salary last year when the cupboards were a bit more bare, but I can't see paying the guy $4 million a year to be a temp. player this time around.

In the end VY will beat out Thigpen for the #2. Hopefully that leaves Corp and Tanney to battle it out for a true #3 developmental QB, which is just what we could use if VY is the #2.
Fitz is a traditional pocket QB. Before Young, behind Fitz were a sucky pocket QB and a wildcat only QB. Young was brought in to be the in-between, a capable passer and a wildcat guy.

I see Thigpen getting cut, Smith as our #3, and Tanney/Corp on the PS.

Figster
05-12-2012, 08:04 AM

Ban for a difference of opinion? Great idea, just ignore him,

this is by far the mellowest Bills forum...

Figster
05-12-2012, 08:21 AM

Well, you know poster has a point, Fitz/ Gailey will be forced to temper their aggressive play/play calling and protect the football better, just to keep the fans, media, Buddy Nix and RW off their behinds.

Competition is a good thing, and nobody is going to convince me its not, and that includes all positions.

Poor play at the QB position creates QB controversy, not the backup signal caller...

better days
05-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Well, you know poster has a point, Fitz/ Gailey will be forced to temper their aggressive play/play calling and protect the football better, just to keep the fans, media, Buddy Nix and RW off their behinds.

Competition is a good thing, and nobody is going to convince me its not, and that includes all positions.

Poor play at the QB position creates QB controversy, not the backup signal caller...

I disagree with your first thought. Chan is not Dick Jauron & Fitz is not Trent Edwards. Chan will call agressive plays to win a game, not call safe plays to not lose like Jauron did.

I agree, competition is a GOOD thing & it is the poor play of the Starting QB that is the cause of QB controversy, not the back up.

SABURZFAN
05-12-2012, 09:52 AM

NO!!!!!!!!!! he provides entertainment. without him, this place is a morgue.

Figster
05-12-2012, 11:30 AM
I disagree with your first thought. Chan is not Dick Jauron & Fitz is not Trent Edwards. Chan will call agressive plays to win a game, not call safe plays to not lose like Jauron did.

I agree, competition is a GOOD thing & it is the poor play of the Starting QB that is the cause of QB controversy, not the back up.

A happy medium should/could be reached though don't you think, especially with a much improved defense. The Bills can play a battle of field position, run the football a little more, increase TOP.

Its very important that Fitzpatrick reduces his turnovers for the Buffalo Bills to have success in my opinion.

Gailey's situational football left a lot to be desired...

better days
05-12-2012, 12:24 PM
A happy medium should/could be reached though don't you think, especially with a much improved defense. The Bills can play a battle of field position, run the football a little more, increase TOP.

Its very important that Fitzpatrick reduces his turnovers for the Buffalo Bills to have success in my opinion.

Gailey's situational football left a lot to be desired...

I think the EXECUTION of Gailey's game plan left a lot to be desired. I agree the Bills need to increase TOP & I think they will do so & expect to see a healthy dose of Fred & CJ.

Mr. Pink
05-12-2012, 02:42 PM
This is a complete lie, a false assertion, and very lame attempt here. Liars suck, and you qualify. For one, explain how I was proven wrong and for what, and two, please tell me what I admitted. You guys are really sad, you have to be another fast food worker.

You admitted Cleveland and Miami had worse situations on your own in another thread. Do you forget what you type? :rofl:

Mr. Pink
05-12-2012, 02:42 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!! he provides entertainment. without him, this place is a morgue.

He makes me miss yordad.

SABURZFAN
05-15-2012, 05:39 PM
He makes me miss yordad.

you mean better days?

Skooby
05-15-2012, 06:08 PM
you mean better days?

He said Yordad not yourDad, you don't know either.

J/K.

better days
05-15-2012, 06:08 PM
you mean better days?

NO he doesn't mean better days. I am here, yordad is not. I still have no idea why you would think I am him, but if I remind you of him, he must have been a GREAT poster.

SABURZFAN
05-15-2012, 06:26 PM
NO he doesn't mean better days. I am here, yordad is not. I still have no idea why you would think I am him, but if I remind you of him, he must have been a GREAT poster.

he/you was/are a douchebag.

better days
05-15-2012, 06:42 PM
he/you was/are a douchebag.

I believe this post is in violation of terms of service.

PTI
05-16-2012, 10:03 AM
You admitted Cleveland and Miami had worse situations on your own in another thread. Do you forget what you type? :rofl:

I do not remember typing that, please find, copy, and paste instead of just saying.

If I did say that, then I disagree with what I said. For one there is no way I believe I said Miami was worse. Matt Moore shredded the Bills last year, and played way better than Fitzpatrick ever did, and he is better than Fitzpatrick as a QB. Not only that, but Miami not only has a better QB than Buffalo, but they also want to get better at QB by drafting a very talented young kid to play QB 8th overall.

You accusation of what I said is riduculous and pathetic.

As far as Cleveland, Buffalo and Cleveland are in similar boats. Bills have an awful starter in his 8th season who has never been successful, and CLeveland is giving up on a young guy who has had nothing at all to work with and had injury issues, and have now drafted an unknown QB of their future. I would rather have Cleveland's unknown then Buffalo's known of a 22 or 23 ranked QB with no chance to get better and showed no signs over the course of the season he could get better.

You, are a complete and pathetic liar by not quoting.

SquishDaFish
05-16-2012, 10:07 AM
I do not remember typing that, please find, copy, and paste instead of just saying.

If I did say that, then I disagree with what I said. For one there is no way I believe I said Miami was worse. Matt Moore shredded the Bills last year, and played way better than Fitzpatrick ever did, and he is better than Fitzpatrick as a QB. Not only that, but Miami not only has a better QB than Buffalo, but they also want to get better at QB by drafting a very talented young kid to play QB 8th overall.

As far as Cleveland, Buffalo and Cleveland are in similar boats. Bills have an awful starter in his 8th season who has never been successful, and CLeveland is giving up on a young guy who has had nothing at all to work with and had injury issues, and have now drafted an unknown QB of their future. I would rather have Cleveland's unknown then Buffalo's known of a 22 or 23 ranked QB with no chance to get better and showed no signs over the course of the season he could get better.

:roflmao: Your a clown

PTI
05-16-2012, 10:11 AM
:roflmao: Your a clown

A clown for not allowing myself to be misrepresented? Nice.

SABURZFAN
05-17-2012, 06:05 PM
I believe this post is in violation of terms of service.

does the truth hurt?

Skooby
05-17-2012, 07:12 PM
does the truth hurt?

Only at home, only at home.

Figster
05-18-2012, 07:12 AM
Happy 29th Birthday Vince!!!:gobills:

Mr. Pink
05-18-2012, 07:39 AM

If I quote where you said Cleveland, Minnesota AND Jacksonville have worse QB situations than the Bills will you go away or at the very least stop highjacking every damn thread saying Fitz sucks?

Figster
05-18-2012, 07:46 AM
Thurman Thomas ‏<s>@</s>thurmanthomas (https://twitter.com/#%21/thurmanthomas) <s>@</s>VinceYoung (https://twitter.com/#%21/VinceYoung) Happy Birthday brother <s>#</s>TexasBorn (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23TexasBorn)

acehole
05-18-2012, 08:22 AM
He said Yordad not yourDad, you don't know either.

J/K.

I miss yormom. sab

:lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove:

YardRat
06-16-2012, 03:44 PM
http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=793077-bills-vince-young-not-getting-a-lot-of-guaranteed-money

Buffalo Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl/buffalo-bills) QB Vince Young (http://www.kffl.com/player/13206/nfl/vince-young) only received $350,000 in guaranteed money in his one-year deal, which could be a factor when the team decides if Young will be their No. 2 quarterback. Young will make a base salary of $1.25 million if he makes the team and is scheduled to receive just over $24,000 per game every week he is on the active roster.

better days
06-16-2012, 05:34 PM
http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=793077-bills-vince-young-not-getting-a-lot-of-guaranteed-money

Buffalo Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl/buffalo-bills) QB Vince Young (http://www.kffl.com/player/13206/nfl/vince-young) only received $350,000 in guaranteed money in his one-year deal, which could be a factor when the team decides if Young will be their No. 2 quarterback. Young will make a base salary of $1.25 million if he makes the team and is scheduled to receive just over $24,000 per game every week he is on the active roster.

Well, I think it will be the upset of TC if Thigpen beats out young myself.