PDA

View Full Version : Gailey's Gimmick Offense

Yasgur's Farm
05-12-2012, 08:43 AM
I think Gailey has a new wrinkle to the Wildcat that he's gonna break out this year.

Can you imagine 3 QB's on the field at the same time? Brad Smith in the slot... Young and Fitz side by side in shotgun What's a defense gonna do? You got a guy who can run and throw... You gotta a guy who can run, catch and throw a bit... And you gotta guy who can throw, think fast, and is smart.

Call it a gimmick... But by the time our opponents figure it out, we could be hoisting the trophy!

justasportsfan
05-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Young can be a TE in that gimmick

Yasgur's Farm
05-12-2012, 08:55 AM
I wasn't sure if he had any receiving skills.

Mr. Miyagi
05-12-2012, 09:15 AM
3 QBs on the field and empty backfield? Is that even a legal formation?

Yasgur's Farm
05-12-2012, 09:29 AM
QB - Fitz
RB - Young
Slot Receiver - Smith
What could be illegal about that?

streetkings01
05-12-2012, 09:43 AM
I think Gailey has a new wrinkle to the Wildcat that he's gonna break out this year.

Can you imagine 3 QB's on the field at the same time? Brad Smith in the slot... Young and Fitz side by side in shotgun What's a defense gonna do? You got a guy who can run and throw... You gotta a guy who can run, catch and throw a bit... And you gotta guy who can throw, think fast, and is smart.

Call it a gimmick... But by the time our opponents figure it out, we could be hoisting the trophy!Their gonna blitz and knock both our starting and backup QB outta the game........Young and Fitz aren't RBs! How many plays do you think the can hold up against when 250+ LBs are going full speed at them and knocking them on their asses becase their now basically RBs instead of QBs? Theirs no protection for RBs bro..........stupid idea!

Yasgur's Farm
05-12-2012, 09:49 AM
obviously this is not an everydown scenario... It's a hybrid wildcat.

I thought posters here were intelligent enough to understand that. I guess I missed 1.

Meathead
05-12-2012, 09:54 AM
... and then fitz flea flickers to young who statue of liberties to smith who fumblerooskis back to young who homerun throwbacks to fitz who hits a streaking tackle eligible cordy glenn for a touchdown bills rule

streetkings01
05-12-2012, 09:59 AM
obviously this is not an everydown scenario... It's a hybrid wildcat.

I thought posters here were intelligent enough to understand that. I guess I missed 1.Who said they believed it would be any everydown scenerio........I got that. My issue is lining a QB in the backfield as a RB and not expecting the defense to tee off on him since he doesn't have the same protection from the refs as he would if he were a QB..........the idea sucks period!

Yasgur's Farm
05-12-2012, 10:05 AM
So far, you stand alone on your opinion.

streetkings01
05-12-2012, 10:21 AM
So far, you stand alone on your opinion.Dude only 3 other people posted in this thread and all of em were either making jokes or confused on how it would work..............seems as if your the one standing alone :roflmao:

SABURZFAN
05-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Dude only 3 other people posted in this thread and all of em were either making jokes or confused on how it would work..............seems as if your the one standing alone :roflmao:

you're

Yasgur's Farm
05-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Dude only 3 other people posted in this thread and all of em were either making jokes or confused on how it would work..............seems as if your the one standing alone :roflmao:You obviously want to argue... find somebody else.

BTW... i got 4 Thanks on this thread... You? :boost:

Oaf
05-12-2012, 01:04 PM

Call it a gimmick... But by the time our opponents figure it out, we could be hoisting the trophy!
My question is, what's the OFFENSE going to do? How does replacing an RB and a WR on the field with 3 QBs help us get someone open or create a running lane?

Yasgur's Farm
05-12-2012, 01:39 PM
1) They don't know who's gonna get the snap
2) Fitz can hand off to Young or Smith
3) Fitz or Young or Smith can pass to whoever
4) Reverses and options are all over the place
5) etc, etc

Cali512
05-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Put VY and Fitz together at the snap and roll one outside, then have Brad roll inside and take a sweep and throw it or run it. With the option of having a direct snap also to Fitz, or letting Vince roll out and run. Either way it should be interesting.

Oaf
05-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Put VY and Fitz together at the snap and roll one outside, then have Brad roll inside and take a sweep and throw it or run it. With the option of having a direct snap also to Fitz, or letting Vince roll out and run. Either way it should be interesting.
I actually think I could see a decent play from that.

jamze132
05-12-2012, 03:07 PM
... and then fitz flea flickers to young who statue of liberties to smith who fumblerooskis back to young who homerun throwbacks to fitz who hits a streaking tackle eligible cordy glenn for a touchdown bills rule
The Mularkey Special.

Cali512
05-12-2012, 03:22 PM
I actually think I could see a decent play from that.

Ya ik! People needa realize that the wilcat is a power formation. Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams made it famous. When Cribbs and McCoy tried it they sucked at it. Tebow would be good because hes tough. So we would need it to be a pass first offense with the option for a sweep, not a inside run. Just imagine, Fitz takes the snap, Brad smith rolls to the inside and recieves a behind pass, than, Vince already rolled out to the outside takes off. No one would cover him, along with the possibility of Spiller/Jackson/Johnson/ or Graham on the field?

mightysimi
05-12-2012, 03:30 PM
With 5 oline, and 3 QB's who else do you have 3 WR's. I have to agree, that is a recipe for getting someon killed. If something like that was even a consideration, someone in college would have tried it. So many things can go wrong. Maybe I lake imagination but I don't see even 2 of them on the field at the same time unless one is Smith.

Cali512
05-12-2012, 03:48 PM
With 5 oline, and 3 QB's who else do you have 3 WR's. I have to agree, that is a recipe for getting someon killed. If something like that was even a consideration, someone in college would have tried it. So many things can go wrong. Maybe I lake imagination but I don't see even 2 of them on the field at the same time unless one is Smith.

No you add a TE. Then you have VY and Fitz in the backfield. 5 OL, Brad smith and 2 other WRs. One of them either will roll out and then you have Brad Smith motion towards the backfield before the balls snapped. Whoever the QB is either will sweep the ball toward Smith, or fake it and pass it. You can easily just direct snap it quickly and catch the D off guard. If you remember the Wilcat got exposed because everyone knew when Ricky/Ronnie got in the backfield the ball would be snapped. If you have different plays out of it then its changed up and teams wont time it. Along with the option of Smith running, along with the option of Vince running the opposite way, along with the option of Brad getting the ball and throwing, or just the option of having Fitz take a regular snap and throwing it. Theres alot you can do. You have a TE as the 6th OL

Meathead
05-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Maybe I lake imagination ...
lake imagination is where this three qb play would actually work

PTI
05-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Gimmick teams suck IMO. Line up on 3rd and 2 or 1 and run the ball. Even Jets made two AFC playoff games with virtually no gimmicks. Giants are not a gimmick team. Patriots are not a gimmick team, hardly any really good teams that win playoff games are gimmick teams.

Cali512
05-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Gimmick teams suck IMO. Line up on 3rd and 2 or 1 and run the ball. Even Jets made two AFC playoff games with virtually no gimmicks. Giants are not a gimmick team. Patriots are not a gimmick team, hardly any really good teams that win playoff games are gimmick teams.

Yes because we really wanna be the Jets? Also if you can do it occassionally and be successfull why not!? If you can make a formation that would get good yards or totally screw with the D, then why not? Its not like its going to mess anything up at all? You do it 1-2 times a game and see what happens? No team is a gimmick team, none! Pittsburgh/Baltimore/SF have alot of trick plays??

And why in the hell did you say on 3rd and 1 run the ball? I will scan again but no one even brought up doing it on short yardage! Its not a short yardage play obviously! Also i love how you mentioned the Jets when they got Tebow especially to run a "gimick" offense, so the comparison has become irrelevant

PTI
05-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Yes because we really wanna be the Jets? Also if you can do it occassionally and be successfull why not!? If you can make a formation that would get good yards or totally screw with the D, then why not? Its not like its going to mess anything up at all? You do it 1-2 times a game and see what happens? No team is a gimmick team, none! Pittsburgh/Baltimore/SF have alot of trick plays??

And why in the hell did you say on 3rd and 1 run the ball? I will scan again but no one even brought up doing it on short yardage! Its not a short yardage play obviously! Also i love how you mentioned the Jets when they got Tebow especially to run a "gimick" offense, so the comparison has become irrelevant

All teams have a few tricks in their bag. We have no idea what the Jets will be doing right now, that is the point of their move more than anything.