PDA

View Full Version : Chan Gailey loves Vince Young: Great arm, mobile, a winner

Skooby
05-12-2012, 09:55 AM
“He’s got a great arm,” Gailey said. “When he worked out here, he threw it very
well. Everybody knows his mobility. He brings you that, and he’s won football
games in the NFL. That’s another positive.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/12/chan-gailey-loves-vince-young-great-arm-mobility-a-winner/

SABURZFAN
05-12-2012, 09:58 AM
the Fitz Lickers better get their tissues ready.

better days
05-12-2012, 09:59 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/12/chan-gailey-loves-vince-young-great-arm-mobility-a-winner/

Vince has all the physical tools to be a GOOD NFL QB. Now if he has matured & has his head on straight, the Bills could have the best back up in the NFL.

SABURZFAN
05-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Vince has all the physical tools to be a GOOD NFL QB. Now if he has matured & has his head on straight, the Bills could have the best back up in the NFL.

or the Bills could have the most expensive backup.... but the should shed the "Ralph is cheap" label.

buffalobillsfan95
05-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Every time he plays, he thinks he is entitled to be a starting qb. I love how nix and gailey got him to sign knowing he can only be a backup. If he is acctually good we will see this year

better days
05-12-2012, 10:04 AM
or the Bills could have the most expensive backup.... but the should shed the "Ralph is cheap" label.

Well, even if Fitz loses his starting job to Vince, the Bills could still have the best back up in the NFL, albeit a very expensive one.

Meathead
05-12-2012, 10:07 AM
i hooked chans comments up to my patented coach speak translator and this is what came out:

"Vince is an incredible physical specimen that gives me an old man boner when i think about having that kind of speed and power behind center. But mentally he's been a complete train wreck of a thirteen year old girl in this league. I asked Buddy if we could get him just on the chance that grapefruit of a head might finally be coming together. I wouldn't count on it but man I hope it does."

SABURZFAN
05-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Well, even if Fitz loses his starting job to Vince, the Bills could still have the best back up in the NFL,

some will even argue that....

better days
05-12-2012, 10:14 AM
i hooked chans comments up to my patented coach speak translator and this is what came out:

"Vince is an incredible physical specimen that gives me an old man boner when i think about having that kind of speed and power behind center. But mentally he's been a complete train wreck of a thirteen year old girl in this league. I asked Buddy if we could get him just on the chance that grapefruit of a head might finally be coming together. I wouldn't count on it but man I hope it does."

"Said all the right things when he was here." Quote from Chan, sounds encouraging to me.

Skooby
05-12-2012, 10:15 AM

Was there ever a group of Kelly Lickers ??

The last buffalo fan
05-12-2012, 10:23 AM

:wave:

Skooby
05-12-2012, 10:32 AM
:wave:

I'm with you, so we're a group mi amigo.

SABURZFAN
05-12-2012, 10:40 AM

yeah... they hung out at the bars.

Skooby
05-12-2012, 10:46 AM
yeah... they hung out at the bars.

Like your Mom ~9 months before you were born ?

J/K.

SABURZFAN
05-12-2012, 11:00 AM

J/K.

at least i know who my dad is.... unlike you. then again, Dr. Lecter still refuses to do a DNA.

Skooby
05-12-2012, 11:27 AM
at least i know who my dad is.... unlike you. then again, Dr. Lecter still refuses to do a DNA.

My Mom was a cannibal & had a preying mantis fetish, I fear the worst.

elltrain22
05-12-2012, 11:46 AM
I am so happy w/ this move!! IMHO, I don't see how any Bills fan couldn't be happy and excited about this. Here's a few reasons why you and I should be stoked about Young becoming a Bill

1. it only costs up 2 mill
2. worst case scenario is he rides the pine, b/c Fitz stay healthy and is effective
3. best case scenario he fills in for Fitz, does very well, and rejuvenates his career
4. Chan Gailey's pedigree is that he does well w/ mobile qb's, and this is an ideal fit for Young and Gailey

Hate to sound greedy, but this isn't fully complete until we do one more thing. One great move deserves another...

Cut all ties w/ Pigpen, and keep both Tanney and Corp. One as the 3rd string, and the other to the PS.

jamze132
05-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Vince Young is going to get a few snaps per game from the Wildcat. Teams will have to respect the pass too.

X-Era
05-12-2012, 01:06 PM
I love media spin. Gailey never said he loved the guy. Why can't he just be saying good things about his newly signed player?

acehole
05-12-2012, 03:28 PM

Your MOM back up to my junk....

YardRat
05-12-2012, 07:46 PM
If Gailey was such a miracle worker with QB's we wouldn't be worried about the possibility of going into the season with Thigpen as a back-up, waiting for him to get a chance to **** his pants in a real game.

FlyingDutchman
05-12-2012, 11:56 PM
I don't understand any protest. Hypothetically if Fitz were to go down week 3, without Vince Young, would you have ANY faith about the season going forward given our current options? I sure as hell wouldn't. Seems like a no brainer

YardRat
05-13-2012, 05:17 AM
I haven't been real thrilled about the specific person, but something had to be done about the back-up QB position badly. I'm still rooting for the Tanney kid to come from from nowhere.

That being said, come opening weekend when Jabba the Ryan pulls Tebow and the wildcat out against us I would like nothing better than to see the Bills counter with Young in a similar fashion and stick it up his fat gangreen ass.

better days
05-13-2012, 08:09 AM
I haven't been real thrilled about the specific person, but something had to be done about the back-up QB position badly. I'm still rooting for the Tanney kid to come from from nowhere.

That being said, come opening weekend when Jabba the Ryan pulls Tebow and the wildcat out against us I would like nothing better than to see the Bills counter with Young in a similar fashion and stick it up his fat gangreen ass.

I agree. I would love to see Tanny develop in Buffalo like Fred Jackson did. The guy put up some great numbers in D3 & seems to have an arm. If he has any brains Chan should be able to coach him up.

I think VY is a weapon Chan can use, the question is will he choose to do so if Fitz is playing well?

PTI
05-13-2012, 08:28 AM
some will even argue that....

I would, plenty pf teams have undisputedly better backups then our starter, Dallas and Chicago have Orton and Campbell, significantly better numbers and winning percentages as starters then Fitz could ever imagine.

PTI
05-13-2012, 08:30 AM

There was never a need, there was a small amount of people who knew very little about football who were Reich lickers, Kelly was the man at the time he played here.

better days
05-13-2012, 08:33 AM
I would, plenty pf teams have undisputedly better backups then our starter, Dallas and Chicago have Orton and Campbell, significantly better numbers and winning percentages as starters then Fitz could ever imagine.

Orton SUCKS, look what he did in Denver last year, enough said about him.

PTI
05-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Orton SUCKS, look what he did in Denver last year, enough said about him.

You mean a decent passing QB with a completely run first coach in the most no win situation with the backup being wanted and team with no WRs did not do well? Orton was really bad last year, and it was not surprising at all, he was way better than Fitz the year prior in almost a full year of play with a passing offense in place, not even a debate.

better days
05-13-2012, 08:53 AM
You mean a decent passing QB with a completely run first coach in the most no win situation with the backup being wanted and team with no WRs did not do well? Orton was really bad last year, and it was not surprising at all, he was way better than Fitz the year prior in almost a full year of play with a passing offense in place, not even a debate.

Orton COULD NOT win. That is TOTALLY on him. If you watched any of the games he played before being benched for Tebow, he looked GOD AWFUL.

Not even a debate.

And if you are saying having a good running game makes a QB less effective, you are CRAZY.

Cali512
05-13-2012, 08:57 AM

It doesnt say he loves him? Also you can say the same about alot of QBs. Good arm, winner, mobility. The way he described him sounds more like a backup that he feels can contribute if need be

PTI
05-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Orton COULD NOT win. That is TOTALLY on him. If you watched any of the games he played before being benched for Tebow, he looked GOD AWFUL.

Not even a debate.

And if you are saying having a good running game makes a QB less effective, you are CRAZY.

Broncos lost 3 very close games in the 5 Orton played in and his numbers were no different then Fitzpatrick's and the Bills have superior talent on offense. I would QBs who cannot pull out games get the blame in the end of it all, so I agree with you, just as I would say Fitz is awful and cannot win.

Cali512
05-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Broncos lost 3 very close games in the 5 Orton played in and his numbers were no different then Fitzpatrick's and the Bills have superior talent on offense. I would QBs who cannot pull out games get the blame in the end of it all, so I agree with you, just as I would say Fitz is awful and cannot win.

Kyle Orton has had a good OL most of his career, a good running game, great WRs (eddie Royal, Brandon Marshall) and a very good D. Fitz had one good WR, good running game, decent OL, but terrible D his career. Also, he also didnt even play with a full team last year, the year before was the first year we even knew about Johnson being anything! And our OL was terrible terrible, same with the D. How about you give him a fair shot with a full healthy team in front of him? How do you expect him to be good when the D coulnt stop ****, and the OL was depleted, our main weapon on offense was injured, same with the TE that he loved throwing too! If i remember also, we ended the season with i believe Nelson, Brad Smith, and Roosevelt at WR. Its hard to be good also when you have 3 different Centers in one season, 3 different LTs in one season, and a totally different WR corp through out. Everyone in the media and NFL believe Fitz is a good QB and everyone blames our losses on injuries! Not just bills fans, its a well known fact throughout the league. Fitz beat the Patriots which is something we havent done in 10 years. HE BEAT THEM! Say what you want, but he had nearly 400 yds, and 2 TDs and mounted a comback back from 21 points! 2 years ago he came one pass away from beating the Steelers! He woulda ended that game with 300 yds and 2 TDs. Thats pretty darn good!

tampabay25690
05-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Lets just get him into camp and see what happens.
Worst cases scenario he pushes Fitz to be a better consistent QB.

Cali512
05-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Lets just get him into camp and see what happens.
Worst cases scenario he pushes Fitz to be a better consistent QB.

Yes! Arguing between QBs is arguing the knowledge of our own coaching staff, proclaiming that this person knows more than them. If you dont believe Fitz is good and Vince now should start, then you dont trust Gailey, Nix, and Whaley, and have already thrown away the season if he starts!

PTI
05-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Kyle Orton has had a good OL most of his career, a good running game, great WRs (eddie Royal, Brandon Marshall) and a very good D. Fitz had one good WR, good running game, decent OL, but terrible D his career. Also, he also didnt even play with a full team last year, the year before was the first year we even knew about Johnson being anything! And our OL was terrible terrible, same with the D. How about you give him a fair shot with a full healthy team in front of him? How do you expect him to be good when the D coulnt stop ****, and the OL was depleted, our main weapon on offense was injured, same with the TE that he loved throwing too! If i remember also, we ended the season with i believe Nelson, Brad Smith, and Roosevelt at WR. Its hard to be good also when you have 3 different Centers in one season, 3 different LTs in one season, and a totally different WR corp through out. Everyone in the media and NFL believe Fitz is a good QB and everyone blames our losses on injuries! Not just bills fans, its a well known fact throughout the league. Fitz beat the Patriots which is something we havent done in 10 years. HE BEAT THEM! Say what you want, but he had nearly 400 yds, and 2 TDs and mounted a comback back from 21 points! 2 years ago he came one pass away from beating the Steelers! He woulda ended that game with 300 yds and 2 TDs. Thats pretty darn good!

Fitz will have his chance, likely his last chance. This year the schedule is 3 very winnable games, 6 tough games, and then 7 winnable games. The Bills need to be 3-0 to start, it is very possible (although the Jets likely beat the Bills). There are no more excuses after this season. If the Bills defense can be good and Fitz can be better than below average (which he has been, never higher than 22nd ranked QB), then the Bills do have a chance.

I do not believe everyone in the media and NFL think FItz is a good QB. THere is a huge shift in QB perception with fantasy football now and how involved in thinking this is. Winning is the most important thing, all teams move the ball in between the 20s. All teams have injuries. Some teams problems are different then injuries, what hurts more, injuries or locker room chaos? I mean, people now think the Bills are better than Jets just because of locker room chaos.

Fitz hardly took any sacks last year. Is that good? Yes and no. He takes too many chances and really rarely throws the ball away, his throwaways are into triple coverage, and you take take a 5 yard sack sometimes. I question how smart people always give him credit for. It would be great if the Bills if Fitz could reign in his own view of this team, and he might now. On the field it looks almost as if Fitz believes this team strinks no matter what he says, and his on field play looks like he must be a savior and make plays every single play instead thowing a ball away some time.

better days
05-13-2012, 09:59 AM

Well, the difference between us is you look at numbers on paper or the internet while I look at the play on the field.

On the field, Orton looked TERRIBLE. While Fitz did not look good after the injury, he did look good for the first 7 games last year & he never looked as bad as Orton did the games he started last year.

PTI
05-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Well, the difference between us is you look at numbers on paper or the internet while I look at the play on the field.

On the field, Orton looked TERRIBLE. While Fitz did not look good after the injury, he did look good for the first 7 games last year & he never looked as bad as Orton did the games he started last year.

You just said in the same sentence that Fitz looked not good and never looked as bad as Orton in games he started, how can this be true? Fitz had to dramatically worse then Orton could have looked for his lofty stats at the beginning of the year to resemble those Orton had. It is crazy to say either is really better than the other, even though Orton has had a much more substantial career in every way then Fitz has ever had.

Skooby
05-13-2012, 10:36 AM
You just said in the same sentence that Fitz looked not good and never looked as bad as Orton in games he started, how can this be true? Fitz had to dramatically worse then Orton could have looked for his lofty stats at the beginning of the year to resemble those Orton had. It is crazy to say either is really better than the other, even though Orton has had a much more substantial career in every way then Fitz has ever had.

I think that your constant stance against anything Fitz related is annoying. Can you even try to be mildly objective in your assessments in the future ? You've basically been acting like our entire coaching staff is crazy for having Fitz as the starter, which is illogical. Fitz was the starter last year & no one else but him currently on the roster deserves to currently be annointed the starter, isn't this clear to everyone ? That doesn't mean Tanney couldn't be the second coming of P. Manning or VY couldn't step up to the plate, it just means that no one but Fitz has shown the ability to play in Buffalo's system at this current time.

PTI
05-13-2012, 10:44 AM
I think that your constant stance against anything Fitz related is annoying. Can you try be mildly objective in your assessments in the future, you've basically been acting like our entire coaching staff is crazy for having Fitz as the starter.

Fitz was the starter last year & no one but him deserves to currently be annointed the starter, isn't this clear to everyone ?
I am objective, I give stats, I give comparative stats, I present cases that Fitz should only be compared to his counterparts and no 20 years ago quarterbacks, there are teams that win more with QBs who have better records and stats that get replaced or have QBs drafted to replace them, and I am boggled as to why there has been no formative competition brought in until now. Fitz has the 15th most starts of any QB over the last 4 years and has not show any real improvement whether it be wins and losses or statistically. The NFL is geared towards QBs, and he has to play better for the Bills to be better, that is my main contention. He has not been better or played better. Young is come competition for him now. I can't wait like everyone else for that first regular season kickoff to start. I hope Fitz kicks butt and I don't have remind everyone how unsuccessful he has been for his entire career anymore.

Figster
05-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Vince Young

<S>@</S>VinceYoung

NFL Quarterback for the Buffalo Bills, a son and a Father. I have a strong belief in God and all he has blessed me with. Team work makes the Dream work.

better days
05-13-2012, 11:43 AM

I am saying that even at his worst last year, Fitz looked like a better QB on the field & much more of a LEADER than Orton did. Before his injury, Fitz was really playing well & looked GOOD.

Again, I do not care about stats. What is important in my eyes is what a QB looks like while playing on the field. You do know ALL STATS can be manipulated & be deceiving right?

Figster
05-13-2012, 12:05 PM
I am objective, I give stats, I give comparative stats, I present cases that Fitz should only be compared to his counterparts and no 20 years ago quarterbacks, there are teams that win more with QBs who have better records and stats that get replaced or have QBs drafted to replace them, and I am boggled as to why there has been no formative competition brought in until now. Fitz has the 15th most starts of any QB over the last 4 years and has not show any real improvement whether it be wins and losses or statistically. The NFL is geared towards QBs, and he has to play better for the Bills to be better, that is my main contention. He has not been better or played better. Young is come competition for him now. I can't wait like everyone else for that first regular season kickoff to start. I hope Fitz kicks butt and I don't have remind everyone how unsuccessful he has been for his entire career anymore.

What poster was trying to say is sometimes a little diplomacy can go a long way.

Fitzpatrick has strong fan support and strong support throughout the franchise including and foremost HC Chan Gailey.

We should all (including myself) try to show some restaint/ respect for another posters feeling...

PTI
05-13-2012, 12:56 PM
So Orton never looked like a leader until his last two seasons in Denver before or at any other point in time include going 2-1 with KC as starter? Funny and inaccurate. Fitz has not evolved, he has never shown an ability to be a leader.

Skooby
05-13-2012, 01:19 PM
he has never shown an ability to be a leader.

Is this a factual stat based statement or your opinion? You've expressed your concerns already & made a stat based argument, I think it's time for some objectivity. Does anyone else feel the same way here ??

Figster
05-13-2012, 01:41 PM
So Orton never looked like a leader until his last two seasons in Denver before or at any other point in time include going 2-1 with KC as starter? Funny and inaccurate. Fitz has not evolved, he has never shown an ability to be a leader.

Sometimes is better to be on the losing end of the stick for all the right reasons then the winning end of the stick for all the wrong reasons.

Fitz has led us to victory before, even has a couple of real good comebacks. Fitz leads by example, and always willing to give himself up for the team. Fitzpatrick sets a good example in how to conduct ones self on and off the football field.

So to say Fitzpatrick has never shown leadership abilities is simply not true in my humble opinion.

better days
05-13-2012, 02:00 PM

I think you mean while in his last two seasons in Denver. I can't speak to the year before last, but last year, Orton showed very little leadership. That was obvious when Tebow took over. And lets see how Payton Manning does with a run first HC next year.

To say Fitz has not evolved & has never shown leadership is both funny & inaccurate.

Figster
05-13-2012, 02:14 PM
I think you mean while in his last two seasons in Denver. I can't speak to the year before last, but last year, Orton showed very little leadership. That was obvious when Tebow took over. And lets see how Payton Manning does with a run first HC next year.

To say Fitz has not evolved & has never shown leadership is both funny & inaccurate.

Or someone using reverse psychology on us :D

I'm not even a big fan of Fitzys play, and look at me, hehe

YardRat
05-13-2012, 02:26 PM

Quite the contrary. Generally, he has the support of his team mates, especially on the offensive side of the ball. More specifically, getting the wr's together on his own during the lock out was an excellent example of leadership.

PTI
05-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Quite the contrary. Generally, he has the support of his team mates, especially on the offensive side of the ball. More specifically, getting the wr's together on his own during the lock out was an excellent example of leadership.
Yeah, the team sure picked up their play to help the team get by when he was hurt. He installs nothing extra for a team who played very uninspired football in almost every game of the season except the first two. Every other game they at least took a whole half off. I am not making this stuff up. Go back and watch the games, I watch them all a few times. I blame this more on coaching then Fitz, but Fitz certainly did not inspire his team to play better at any point, and if you want to include the New England game, it was over after that.

Joe Fo Sho
05-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Yeah, the team sure picked up their play to help the team get by when he was hurt. He installs nothing extra for a team who played very uninspired football in almost every game of the season except the first two. Every other game they at least took a whole half off. I am not making this stuff up. Go back and watch the games, I watch them all a few times. I blame this more on coaching then Fitz, but Fitz certainly did not inspire his team to play better at any point, and if you want to include the New England game, it was over after that.

I bolded everything that is your opinion. I disagree with all of it.

Skooby
05-13-2012, 03:19 PM
I bolded everything that is your opinion. I disagree with all of it.

Lol, we're going nowhere with this guy.

Beebe
05-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Chan Gailey loves Vince Young: Great arm, mobile, a winner FITZ better not get hurt.

PromoTheRobot
05-13-2012, 05:34 PM

I find it ironic how certain jock clingers drool over players like Vince Young while totally ignoring their recent performance. If Fitz played as bad as VY did in Philly he would not even be in the NFL. Meanwhile these same folks scoff at Fitz whose stats are mostly in the top 15 in the NFL, save his INTs, most of which happened after his cracked ribs.

Also VY is guilty of walking out on the Titans. That's about as bad as can be. Teammates can overlook a lack of talent, but quitting on your team is unforgivable.

PTR

Figster
05-13-2012, 08:28 PM
I find it ironic how certain jock clingers drool over players like Vince Young while totally ignoring their recent performance. If Fitz played as bad as VY did in Philly he would not even be in the NFL. Meanwhile these same folks scoff at Fitz whose stats are mostly in the top 15 in the NFL, save his INTs, most of which happened after his cracked ribs.

Also VY is guilty of walking out on the Titans. That's about as bad as can be. Teammates can overlook a lack of talent, but quitting on your team is unforgivable.

PTR
Unforgivable PTR? seriously? VY is beyond redemption? what do we call what Mike Vick did then, because Vick surely didn't have his teams best interest in mind when he chose to promote underground dog fighting. Or how about Big Ben? Players Casting shame upon the whole franchise they play for, now compare that to anger problems. We can forgive Mike Vick, give him a 2nd chance, and not VY?

Whats up with the Holy then thou attitude PTR, we don't even know all the facts. I could comb through the league and sight numerous instances where a player did not have his teams best interest in mind when judging by their actions, failure to pay child support, gun violations, drug violations, the list goes on and on. People can learn from there mistakes don't you think?

You never felt like telling your boss to take this job and shove it?

Awww come on man...

ServoBillieves
05-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Are we this bored that we have to feed PTI's moronic ego? Do what I did, IGNORE HIM

PromoTheRobot
05-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Unforgivable PTR? seriously? VY is beyond redemption? what do we call what Mike Vick did then, because Vick surely didn't have his teams best interest in mind when he chose to promote underground dog fighting. Or how about Big Ben? Players Casting shame upon the whole franchise they play for, now compare that to anger problems. We can forgive Mike Vick, give him a 2nd chance, and not VY?

Whats up with the Holy then thou attitude PTR, we don't even know all the facts. I could comb through the league and sight numerous instances where a player did not have his teams best interest in mind when judging by their actions, failure to pay child support, gun violations, drug violations, the list goes on and on. People can learn from there mistakes don't you think?

You never felt like telling your boss to take this job and shove it?

Awww come on man...

Break out the tiny violins! :violin:

All that stuff is off-the-field. That stuff happens. How many times do players pull what VY did in Tennessee? Not often, and it's usually the last thing they do in the NFL. Why do you think VY is in Buffalo? You think you are the only one who can look up his W/L record? You think NFL GMs are too stupid to sign a stud like VY? He's damaged goods. That meltdown in TENN cost him big time.

You don't show up your coach.

You don't walk out on your team.

PTR

PTI
05-14-2012, 10:55 AM

Show me on the field his leadership means something don't tell me. Don't complain about dropped passes and bounce INTS and call Fitz a leader. On 3rd and long on defense get a stop. Fitz inspires no one on that team.

Joe Fo Sho
05-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Show me on the field his leadership means something don't tell me. Don't complain about dropped passes and bounce INTS and call Fitz a leader. On 3rd and long on defense get a stop. Fitz inspires no one on that team.

You don't know that.

FlyingDutchman
05-14-2012, 11:34 AM

How on earth would you have any idea? I've heard many players (Stevie Johnson the most) talk fitzy up and catch his back when it wasn't even warranted...

SABURZFAN
05-15-2012, 04:58 PM

PTR

those jock clingers have every reason to drool over Young. the guy is athletically gifted. as for walking out on the Titans, that's something he has to live with. i'm guessing that that could be the reason why he is in Buffalo. other teams may feel the same way you do but the Bills were kind enough to give him a shot.

Figster
05-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Break out the tiny violins! :violin:

All that stuff is off-the-field. That stuff happens. How many times do players pull what VY did in Tennessee? Not often, and it's usually the last thing they do in the NFL. Why do you think VY is in Buffalo? You think you are the only one who can look up his W/L record? You think NFL GMs are too stupid to sign a stud like VY? He's damaged goods. That meltdown in TENN cost him big time.

You don't show up your coach.

You don't walk out on your team.

PTR

It was the unforgivable part I have a problem with PTR,

Its a little overboard just like the damaged goods comment...

justasportsfan
05-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Whats up with the Holy then thou attitude PTR, we don't even know all the facts.

I actually don't have much of a problem with PTR. It's when he says people here are not intelligent or that they don't know anything about football just because they differ in opinion. Thats laughable. He's gotten PWNED here several times. Here's another example.

So Orton never looked like a leader until his last two seasons in Denver before or at any other point in time include going 2-1 with KC as starter? Funny and inaccurate. Fitz has not evolved, he has never shown an ability to be a leader.Really? here are some quotes from some of the horses mouth.

"He's calling guys to come out to Arizona to work out with him. He's calling the offense and making sure they are working out and checking in with guys. You should see the way he acts around guys now," said Nelson. "Everybody walked in there and knew this was my quarterback and he was the guy""

Reggie Torbor also noticed the new Fitzpatrick this off-season, telling Wawrow, "Fitz doesn't have to put on a shirt that says, 'I'm a leader now.' ... He didn't have to fill out a leadership application or take a course. It's in him. When things get going rough, even the leaders look to Fitz. That's the way he is now and I think he's accepted that role, embraced it. And we believe in him."

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/6/3/2204839/ryan-fitzpatrick-buffalo-bills-david-nelson

Maybe these players who practice and play with Fitz are not intelligent and don't know anything about football compared to PTI.

I can dig up more quotes from players but if PTI doesn't get it that the his opinion mean squat compared to what the players say, he's beyond help.

Mike13
05-16-2012, 09:20 AM
If he was as good as Gailey thinks, Young would not avalible that long.

PTI
05-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Awesome Reggie Torbor quotes!!!!!!!!!!! Love them!!!!!!!!! He is a key to the Bills success and his belief is Fitz as a leader will undoubtedly make this team better!!!

Hahahaha

Wow, I love that you all love the Bills but some of you just are not very bright.

justasportsfan
05-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Awesome Reggie Torbor quotes!!!!!!!!!!! Love them!!!!!!!!! He is a key to the Bills success and his belief is Fitz as a leader will undoubtedly make this team better!!!

Hahahaha

Wow, I love that you all love the Bills but some of you just are not very bright.

I think the ones who aren't very bright are the ones who think they know better than those who play with Fitz. I can pull quotes from Jackson and Stevie but don't have to. You have nothing other than an opinion pulled out from your arse.

PTI
05-16-2012, 09:41 AM
I think the ones who aren't very bright are the ones who think they know better than those who play with Fitz. I can pull quotes from Jackson and Stevie but don't have to. You have nothing other than an opinion pulled out from your arse.

No opinions, just facts, Fitz is the worst starting QB in the NFL who has no competition for starter, he finished 23 and 22 in QB ranking, and led the Bills to 10 wins the last 2 seasons, lowest of any team with the same QB who started all their games (maybe would have won 1 of the 2 he did not in 2010). These are not opinions, these are facts. He has a below average arm too, just a fact.

justasportsfan
05-16-2012, 10:00 AM
No opinions, just facts, Fitz is the worst starting QB in the NFL who has no competition for starter, he finished 23 and 22 in QB ranking, and led the Bills to 10 wins the last 2 seasons, lowest of any team with the same QB who started all their games (maybe would have won 1 of the 2 he did not in 2010). These are not opinions, these are facts. He has a below average arm too, just a fact.

if you can't figure out that all you have is opinion. You're obviously not smart.

Alex Smith was ranked higher than Ben and Rivers. Matt Moore was ranked higher than Cam Newton. Qb ranking means squat but those who aren't very smart think they mean something.

PTI
05-16-2012, 10:09 AM
if you can't figure out that all you have is opinion. You're obviously not smart.

Alex Smith was ranked higher than Ben and Rivers. Matt Moore was ranked higher than Cam Newton. Qb ranking means squat but those who aren't very smart think they mean something.

Umm, San Fran won more games the Pttsburgh and San Diego, and Matt Moore was 6-6 as a starter and Newton was 6-10.

I would say QB ranking has some merit to it. That might be an opinion right there, but the records are facts, and Fitzpatrick has a terrible record and a terrible QB ranking, those are facts.

You are just a complete tool with no concept of fact and opinion.

justasportsfan
05-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Umm, San Fran won more games the Pttsburgh and San Diego, and Matt Moore was 6-6 as a starter and Newton was 6-10.

I would say QB ranking has some merit to it. That might be an opinion right there, but the records are facts, and Fitzpatrick has a terrible record and a terrible QB ranking, those are facts.

You are just a complete tool with no concept of fact and opinion.

So you're telling me Matt Moore is better than Cam Newton based on qb ranking.
Alex Smith is better than Ben and Rivers.

ONly people who are not smart can't realize that Pitts had the no. 1 defense.
49'ers had the no. 4

and the bills had a terrrible D in the last 2 years. Those are facts and only those who aren't smart don't realize that a D helps win games and improve a qb w-l record but it's obvious you're not very smart.

PTI
05-16-2012, 10:44 AM
So you're telling me Matt Moore is better than Cam Newton based on qb ranking.
Alex Smith is better than Ben and Rivers.

ONly people who are not smart can't realize that Pitts had the no. 1 defense.
49'ers had the no. 4

and the bills had a terrrible D in the last 2 years. Those are facts and only those who aren't smart realize that a D helps wins games and improive a qb w-l record but it's obvious you're not very smart.

See, no concept of understanding anything at all. You prove how unintelligent you are in almost every post. I didn't come close to saying Moore was better than Newton or Smith was better than Ben or Rivers as players. You are flat out clueless, you must have trouble comprehending things in life. You know what Pittsburgh and San Fran also had? Top in offensive time of possession. Some of that is from good defense, some from offense. I have never said once said teams did not need other parts to be successful. I have said you have a much better chance at winning if your QB plays well, and Fitz has not played well for his whole career.

Skooby
05-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Umm
Fitzpatrick has a terrible record and a terrible QB ranking, those are facts.

You just can't let it go, can you ?? Dude, we got it OK. IYO, Fitz' is not a good QB. We understand your points & it's clear to you, please find something else to write about. I am literally looking at nearly all of your posts & skipping over them, you're clogging the board with the same nonsense perpetually. I'm a hair-trigger away from putting you on ignore & I just don't do that, am I the only one here that feels this way ??

justasportsfan
05-16-2012, 10:49 AM
See, no concept of understanding anything at all. You prove how unintelligent you are in almost every post. I didn't come close to saying Moore was better than Newton or Smith was better than Ben or Rivers as players. You are flat out clueless, you must have trouble comprehending things in life. You know what Pittsburgh and San Fran also had? Top in offensive time of possession. Some of that is from good defense, some from offense. I have never said once said teams did not need other parts to be successful. I have said you have a much better chance at winning if your QB plays well, and Fitz has not played well for his whole career.

You may have not said it but you imply it when you always bring a qb record without mentioning their defensive statistics . You only post stats that back up your opinion . That proves your stupidity in your posts.

PTI
05-16-2012, 11:03 AM
You may have not said it but you imply it when you always bring a qb record without mentioning their defensive statistics . You only post stats that back up your opinion . That proves your stupidity in your posts.

Fitz had a 79 QB rating, led the league in INTs, and played awful, the defense kept the team in many games in the first quarter and first half as well, and then died from being on the field and got chopped to bits. Bills were one the top 3 teams in the NFL in going 3 and out and punt, not to mention all the turnovers.

If I am ever asked, I always mention that just having a good will not assure a team to win. You guys are just such Fitz nuthuggers that is all you see.

Skooby
05-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Fitz had a 79 QB rating, led the league in INTs, and played awful, the defense kept the team in many games in the first quarter and first half as well, and then died from being on the field and got chopped to bits. Bills were one the top 3 teams in the NFL in going 3 and out and punt, not to mention all the turnovers.

If I am ever asked, I always mention that just having a good will not assure a team to win. You guys are just such Fitz nuthuggers that is all you see.

It's not that we wouldn't like to have a better QB but we're not obsessed with dwelling on one player's negative attributes. You really have to move on to other things man, it's getting old.

justasportsfan
05-16-2012, 11:10 AM

again, you post his qb rating without mentioning the injuries with both his wr's and OL which affect a qb's performance.

I'm a nuthugger? Show me where I posted that Fitz is anything great. Your accuse me of having no concept of understanding when I have repeatedly said I'm not sold on Fitz. I have blasted his inability to hit accurate deep throws time and again. I only defend him when you bring up stupid stats that don't paint an entire picture.

Bill Cody
05-16-2012, 11:50 AM
:popcorn:

PTI
05-16-2012, 11:53 AM
It's not that we wouldn't like to have a better QB but we're not obsessed with dwelling on one player's negative attributes. You really have to move on to other things man, it's getting old.

QB is only the most important position in all of sports and rules are evolving to make it even more important in every NFL rules meeting they have. I am obsessed about one thing, being a Buffalo Bills fan, and I am sick of them losing and having a crappy QB is getting old to me.

Skooby
05-16-2012, 11:58 AM
QB is only the most important position in all of sports and rules are evolving to make it even more important in every NFL rules meeting they have. I am obsessed about one thing, being a Buffalo Bills fan, and I am suck of them losing and having a crappy QB is getting old to me.

You're preaching to the choir pasteur & mass needs to end, now.

Figster
05-16-2012, 01:50 PM
I actually don't have much of a problem with PTR. It's when he says people here are not intelligent or that they don't know anything about football just because they differ in opinion. Thats laughable. He's gotten PWNED here several times. Here's another example.

Really? here are some quotes from some of the horses mouth.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/6/3/2204839/ryan-fitzpatrick-buffalo-bills-david-nelson

Maybe these players who practice and play with Fitz are not intelligent and don't know anything about football compared to PTI.

I can dig up more quotes from players but if PTI doesn't get it that the his opinion mean squat compared to what the players say, he's beyond help.

PTR speaks his mind and then some, hehe, I've also got no problem, we just don't agree on everything.:D

I enjoy PTR's posts, it would be boring If everyone agreed with everyone.

Figster
05-16-2012, 01:57 PM
I wasn't aware that Vince Young was taking on a father figure/uncle type role with the late Steve Mcnair's sons,

Call me a wuss, but it kind of tugged at my heart a little...

mayotm
05-16-2012, 01:59 PM
I wasn't aware that Vince Young was taking on a father figure/uncle type role with the late Steve Mcnair's sons,

Call me a wuss, put it kind of tugged at my heart a little...Wuss.:D

acehole
05-17-2012, 06:35 AM

J/K.

Pwft!

Bill Cody
05-17-2012, 09:44 AM

You mean he's never home and he sleeps around?

SABURZFAN
05-17-2012, 05:17 PM
You're preaching to the choir pasteur & mass needs to end, now.

that's not what you told Father Baker.... :D

Skooby
05-17-2012, 07:07 PM
that's not what you told Father Baker.... :D

It was Father O'Flaherty, Father Baker just liked to watch.