PDA

View Full Version : Remember that Fitz quote last year?

Cali512
05-12-2012, 02:12 PM
He said something along the lines of, you look at our D in practice, and you have Dareus, Williams, Barnett, and Merriman looking at you. He mentioned how scary our D looked with just that! Can u imagine now when he sees Dareus, Williams, Anderson, Mario, Barnett, Merriman, and possibly Bradham? (looks like a tank!) Im curious what hes going to say come camp!

Bangarang
05-12-2012, 02:44 PM
The biggest factor? No more George Edwards.

Cali512
05-12-2012, 02:58 PM
The biggest factor? No more George Edwards.

Yes defintly! Wanny is also a on field players coach! Im gonna love seeing Gailey and Wanny on the field at the same time! I love the fact that in every year we improved. Even if the record didnt show, our team just looked different and wasnt blah. I remember with Trent or Losman, every series was the same. At least with Gailey if we got out matched, it was the players not the coach! Edwards got out coached constantly

Bert102176
05-13-2012, 11:40 PM
he may not have to say anything they, but when opposing QB's get on the field and see the D they are faceing they may go damn I just shat my self.

better days
05-13-2012, 11:54 PM
he may not have to say anything they, but when opposing QB's get on the field and see the D they are faceing they may go damn I just shat my self.

Tommy Brady will be tossing & turning on his lumpy mattress in his crappy Buffalo hotel room the night before he has to face this Bills defense.

Cali512
05-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Tommy Brady will be tossing & turning on his lumpy mattress in his crappy Buffalo hotel room the night before he has to face this Bills defense.

Didnt we set some sorda record with 9 sacks vs Washington? Ik not the best team in the world, but Shanahan was the coach, and we were without Kyle, Merriman, and I believe Edwards (not to sure)

NOT THE DUDE...
05-14-2012, 12:45 AM
Didnt we set some sorda record with 9 sacks vs Washington? Ik not the best team in the world, but Shanahan was the coach, and we were without Kyle, Merriman, and I believe Edwards (not to sure)

backup qb, 3 olineman out, 1 wr out...

their whole offense was hurt...

but still, 10 sacks is crazy! moats was a big part of that game...

BillsOverDolphins
05-14-2012, 02:34 AM
Did our defense record a sack after the redskins game?

jamze132
05-14-2012, 06:20 AM
Fitz has to love the Wanny move!

Facing that defense every week during practice should also make our entire offense better. Routes will have to be run crisper and hopefully Fitz will get a better feel for the pocket colapsing around him.

alnilla
05-14-2012, 06:45 AM

I remember Tebow getting sacked a few times

Cali512
05-14-2012, 07:12 AM
I remember Tebow getting sacked a few times

We sacked alot of players we shouldve, and bout the redskins, i totally forgot! I knew they had a ok line when there starters played (it wasnt a major need this year) so i thought it was us lol

justasportsfan
05-14-2012, 09:08 AM
we do have an awsome DL on paper. Question is, how's Kyle's injury coming along? Same with Merriman?

Teams can't double team the entire DL so someone is going to have a 1 on 1 .Like Wanny said, our DL has to win 1 on 1 match ups. If we are consisent in that, our lb'ers and db's will have the ability to blitz or drop into double coverrage.

Cali512
05-14-2012, 08:59 PM
we do have an awsome DL on paper. Question is, how's Kyle's injury coming along? Same with Merriman?

Teams can't double team the entire DL so someone is going to have a 1 on 1 .Like Wanny said, our DL has to win 1 on 1 match ups. If we are consisent in that, our lb'ers and db's will have the ability to blitz or drop into double coverrage.

What if both get injured for the season? Well we still have Mario, Anderson, Carrington, Heard, Dareus, and Troup. Not saying there great, but with the supporting cast, it wouldnt be still very good! Ya you can finally single cover one player, but still! Anderson on the edge? Mario needs to be doubled? Dareus destroys one on one players, so now who is it? Mario or Dareus? Anderson can hold his own, and the middle is still hard to pass threw because Carrington is so big! Middles still clogged with Troups size, Heard is the best penatrator and could give us a push. I feel safe if there gone! Im worried bout Mario and Dareus honestly

thenry20
05-15-2012, 01:28 AM

Yes, I forget what quarter it was (2nd half, I'm pretty sure) but the play was a 4th and short I believe and they failed to convert. I don't even remember who made the tackle but the Wash QB was almost taken down in the backfield before managing to scramble a few yards and got to the LOS.

The next day, it was determined that he didn't even reach it and the sack was credited to a Bills player.

If I had the time to watch that game now, I would and report back with the play in question.

better days
05-15-2012, 04:30 AM

Well, both Kyle & Shawne have said they are doing good & will be ready to play at the opening whistle.