PDA

View Full Version : How many can you cut?

DraftBoy
05-14-2012, 07:08 AM
Maybe the better question is how many would you cut, but either way with the news that Dorin Dickerson has now signed with the Bills, they are 90 players. They could forseeably move forward now and not make another move.

However there are a number of players on this roster currently that either don't fit our scheme or who I would release to open up a spot for another player.

So how many can you find?

For the sake of argument let's say all rookies (drafted and UDFA) are safe from being cut.

Meathead
05-14-2012, 08:06 AM
ive cut several already this morning

k-oneputt
05-14-2012, 08:18 AM
You can start with the 2010 draft except for Spiller.

Mr. Miyagi
05-14-2012, 08:25 AM
How many can you cut?
For a second I thought this was a Fruit Ninja question.

JCBills
05-14-2012, 09:57 AM
You can start with the 2010 draft except for Spiller.

Horrible.

Night Train
05-14-2012, 10:20 AM
1-2 from the DL. Edwards and one of the DT/NT's.

Thigpen is obvious now.

Not sure about McKelvin but the Bills refused to put him on the field near the end of last year, opting for Rogers instead. That spoke volumes.

DraftBoy
05-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Off the top of my head I could think of 5;
TE Kevin Brock
DL Lionel Dotson
CB Prince Miller
DE Robert Eddins
DT Dwan Edwards

John Doe
05-14-2012, 03:08 PM
i can't see a spot for Danny Batten or Naaman Roosevelt.

SABURZFAN
05-14-2012, 03:32 PM
i cut one on the chin of acehole's mom. now he has his mom doing it to him.

YardRat
05-14-2012, 05:44 PM
I'd cut Thigpen and sign Tanney.

The rest...

WR Ruvell Martin...immediately, if sooner isn't possible.
TE Kevin Brock
OG Vermiglio
DE Eddins
DT Edwards and Ross

Meathead
05-14-2012, 10:57 PM
really?

i know you love tanney and hate thigpen but youre usually more rational than that

thigpen is painfully mediocre but hes the only insurace the team has at its most important position. young was awful on a philly team that appeared built to his style so hes no lock to even make this team at all. tanney could be added now but come final cuts he would have to take brad smiths qb3 spot and end any chance chan would roll out a real fully loaded wildcat (with no fitz split wide) with a full training camp to prepare it this time

no, at this point in time you have to keep thigpen until youre confident vy (or anybody else) is competent enough to not be a total disaster if fitz is out for any length. tanney, well who knows maybe he would be worth scrapping the no-fitz-wr wildcat so they could put him on the 90-man camp roster but its a super longshot he sticks once the season rolls around

DrGraves
05-14-2012, 10:59 PM
really?

i know you love tanney and hate thigpen but youre usually more rational than that

thigpen is painfully mediocre but hes the only insurace the team has at its most important position. young was awful on a philly team that appeared built to his style so hes no lock to even make this team at all. tanney could be added now but come final cuts he would have to take brad smiths qb3 spot and end any chance chan would roll out a real fully loaded wildcat (with no fitz split wide) with a full training camp to prepare it this time

no, at this point in time you have to keep thigpen until youre confident vy (or anybody else) is competent enough to not be a total disaster if fitz is out for any length. tanney, well who knows maybe he would be worth scrapping the no-fitz-wr wildcat so they could put him on the 90-man camp roster but its a super longshot he sticks once the season rolls around

this team might be able to steal a win or two with young. no chance with thigpen.

Meathead
05-14-2012, 11:02 PM
he lost more games for philly than he stole for them. he was pathetic there. not sure why anybody thinks hes suddenly going to be a different player here. i hope so but thats all it is, hope

YardRat
05-15-2012, 05:23 AM
really?

Granted, but I'm ready to roll the dice at b/u QB, and I'd rather gamble on Tanney than Thigpen or Young at this point.

BillsOverDolphins
05-15-2012, 10:49 AM
Tyler Thigpen
Kevin Brock
Fendi Onubun
Johnny White
Ruvell Martin
Jake Vermiglio
Keith Williams
Sam Young
Danny Batten
Robert Eddins
Lionel Dotson
Dwan Edwards
Jarron Gilbert
Jay Ross
Scott McKillop
Prince Miller
Terrence McGee
Josh Nesbitt

They'll be all gone, hopefully.

BillsOverDolphins
05-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Rookies that won't make it:

Chris Douglas
David Snow
Paul Madsen
Garrick Williams
Cris Hill
Nick Sukay
Shaun Powell (PS)

BillsOverDolphins
05-15-2012, 11:06 AM
That leaves 12 left who either go to PS or get cut...final cuts:

Mike Caussin
Colin Brown
Michael Jasper (PS)
James Carmon (PS)
Michael Jasper (PS)
Kyle Moore
Nick Saenz (PS)
David Clowney
Kamar Aiken
Derek Hagan
Delano Howell (PS)

For the last man cut, I'm holding out hope it's Donald Jones.

Meathead
05-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Granted, but I'm ready to roll the dice at b/u QB, and I'd rather gamble on Tanney than Thigpen or Young at this point.
well ok but thats pretty risky. hugely risky in fact

thigpen was one of my last choices to be the backup qb and i sure hope vy can show enough to beat him out but hes been here a season and if he were to just give us his kc-level production he could still lead what looks like a pretty strong team to a few wins at a key point in the season until fitz gets back. i honestly would rather count on him in that situation than perhaps the top two rookies taken this draft

so if they want(ed) to keep a development qb it would have to be at qb3. now that theyve released both udfas its only going to be via trade or if they pick up a castoff, so its about 99.9% likely they go into the season with thig or vy behind fitz and smith as the qb3/wc instead of any prospects

k-oneputt
05-15-2012, 04:07 PM

Really ? Is that a joke ? You want to go into the season with Tanney as our #2 qb ?

I can maybe see a #3 developmental guy, MAYBE, but #2 ?

YardRat
05-15-2012, 05:23 PM
well ok but thats pretty risky. hugely risky in fact

thigpen was one of my last choices to be the backup qb and i sure hope vy can show enough to beat him out but hes been here a season and if he were to just give us his kc-level production he could still lead what looks like a pretty strong team to a few wins at a key point in the season until fitz gets back. i honestly would rather count on him in that situation than perhaps the top two rookies taken this draft

so if they want(ed) to keep a development qb it would have to be at qb3. now that theyve released both udfas its only going to be via trade or if they pick up a castoff, so its about 99.9% likely they go into the season with thig or vy behind fitz and smith as the qb3/wc instead of any prospects

Maybe...I never thought Frank Reich earned a spot on the team prior to the glory years either, until his feet were put to the fire and he provided results, so it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about a QB.

YardRat
05-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Really ? Is that a joke ? You want to go into the season with Tanney as our #2 qb ?

I can maybe see a #3 developmental guy, MAYBE, but #2 ?

Yes. No. Yes...well, not any more really, if he couldn't prove over the weekend that he deserved a shot during training camp. Don't like Thigpen or Young, I's be OK with throwing a young guy to the dogs if Fitz went down.