Bills sign OT James Carmon and SAF Nick Saenz Release QB Aaron Corp and SAF Ian Wild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Bills sign OT James Carmon and SAF Nick Saenz Release QB Aaron Corp and SAF Ian Wild

Carmon just tweeted out his contract.

Saenz, and the cuts are per Joe at WGR for the record.

With the conclusion of this weekend’s rookie and first year player minicamp it now turns into a massive waiting game as any of the 20 plus try-out players wait to see if they impressed enough to get a call and a contract. That wait for one try-out player didn’t take very long as 2010 draftee Dorin Dickerson has been signed by the Bills per his own Twitter account.
    Last edited by DraftBoy; 05-14-2012, 03:47 PM.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Bills sign OT James Carmon and SAF Nick Saenz Release QB Aaron Corp and SAF Ian Wild

Tanney over Corp... interesting.

Comment

• billsburgh
      • Jul 2003

Re: Bills sign OT James Carmon and SAF Nick Saenz Release QB Aaron Corp and SAF Ian Wild

Originally posted by ddaryl
      Has Tanney signed a contract? I though he was one of the try outs who weren't offered contracts yet.

Comment

• mayotm
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
        Unless I'm mistaken, Tanney has not signed a contract with the Bills. He was simply invited to the rookie camp for a tryout.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

Tanney is not on the Bills either.

Matthew Elder@BillsDraft Important to note Corp getting cut does not mean Tanney is on the team. He was a tryout QB, not officially a member of the team ever.

Joe Buscaglia@JoeB_WGR No. Tanney was a tryout QB. Neither beat each other out. RT @JaredBrown63 that must meen Tanney beat Corp out
          Last edited by SquishDaFish; 05-14-2012, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Tanney is not, and never has been on the Buffalo Bills official roster. He was a try-out only player.
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Bills wanted a Young Qb project. They got one now. The Vince Young Project: Fix his head.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

I thought they signed him to a contract... Must of been someone posting tripe on another message board since i can't find that info

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Last edited by justasportsfan; 05-14-2012, 03:47 PM.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• oldno711
                    • Mar 2004

Mississippi State OT James Carmon is an intriguing prospect. He is a massive human being standing 6’7″ 333 pounds and for that size he possesses tremendous athleticism.
                    Check out more on Carmon, including our interview with him, after the jump.

Recruited to Mississippi State to be a defensive lineman, Carmon did something unique his senior year. He switched positions from DT to OT. Not only did he make the switch to offensive tackle but he did so in the toughest division in college football; the SEC West. Carmon undertook the enviable task of replacing Derrick Sherrod who was picked in the first round of the 2011 NFL Draft. Carmon was thrown right into the fire starting the first game of the season against Memphis and never looked back.
                    The transition wasn’t without growing pains. It took time to adjust and get comfotable at the position, but from watching James on film you can see a player who improved each week and someone who has potential as an NFL developmental tackle prospect. Playing LT in the SEC is unlike playing OT anywhere else in the country.
                    In one year alone Carmen was asked to block Dontari Poe, Corey Lemonier, Jarvis Jones, Courtney Upshaw, Jake Bequette and Melvin Ingram. All of whom will be drafted and almost all of them in the first round of the draft. None of those players compare to Jadeveon Clowney whom Carmon calls the “toughest player he has had to block” and a “physical freak”. Carmon held his own and if he can continue to show the improvement he did in his one year playing the position the future could be bright for Carmon.

Comment

• psubills62
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2008

Well, I guess the Bills saw something in Saenz that IMO did not show up in his college highlights (much less his lowlights).
                      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        Tanney is not, and never has been on the Buffalo Bills official roster. He was a try-out only player.

I'm surprised that BUF - forget the try-out players - has filled the allowable roster of 90. A player piques interest, cut by some other team. AFAIK, when you cut one, you send in the paperwork for league approval before you offer something to the one you want. Under the limit, you can offer/sign on the spot.

Better to keep less than 90, have flexibility, and not back yourself in.
                        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Story updated in top post, notes on Dickerson, and Carmon.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy
                            I'm surprised that BUF - forget the try-out players - has filled the allowable roster of 90. A player piques interest, cut by some other team. AFAIK, when you cut one, you send in the paperwork for league approval before you offer something to the one you want. Under the limit, you can offer/sign on the spot.

Better to keep less than 90, have flexibility, and not back yourself in.
                            That's why I started this thread;
                            Maybe the better question is how many would you cut, but either way with the news that Dorin Dickerson has now signed with the Bills, they are 90 players. They could forseeably move forward now and not make another move. However there are a number of players on this roster currently that either don't fit our scheme or who I
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                              But what about possible opportunities lost? Smiling Jack (Marvin Lewis) said recently, that they won't go the limit of 90 in case they have to act and sign fast to beat out another team for a player they fancy. AFAIK, all transactions with contracted players have to be approved by the league office - even UFDA signings.

If you have 90 under contract, you gotta dump somebody and wait for approval before you sign another, if you have that full roster. No?
                              Last edited by stuckincincy; 05-14-2012, 04:12 PM.
                              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                              X