Clear All
  • Lefty2985
    • Mar 2004

Jason peters hurt again

Fell in his boot and has to have surgery again. Per profootballtalk.com
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Re: Jason peters hurt again

He's getting a lesson in "what goes around"!

Andrew Brandt‏@adbrandt
    Oy. RT @TheRealDGunnCSN: a league source confirms to me that jason peters ruptured his Achilles a second time
    Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 05-14-2012, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Bummer for him.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Wonder how long it will be before Bell is out with an injury.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Wow, that really sucks for him. There are a lot of happy DE's/OLB's in the NFC East.

Comment

• Cali512
            • Jan 2012

Well we got Levitre/Byrd/Wood in that draft. Along with Urbik coming from it who was also an option. Now we have Glenn and Hairston, and Peters was pretty healthy for us for the most part, and now hes on a team that hes injured constantly and that most likely effects some of his bonus. Money is added from sacks givin up and not playing. He has a QB who constantly runs into sacks, so even if its not his fault. It comes in effect in the end. I find this entertaining sorta! Id rather our players
            Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• more cowbell
              • Apr 2006

Why is this a case of what goes around? Because he's not on our team anymore? The guy was being paid backup money, when he was in his prime and one of the best left tackles in the game before we traded him.
              The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

No skin off our back, hope he gets well & prospers.

Comment

• Syderick
                  • Apr 2006

"Peters reportedly was using a device called a Roll-A-Bout to maneuver around his house. The device reportedly malfunctioned, then Peters fell on his face and ruptured the Achilles again. He's going to sue the manufacturer. He will require a second surgery. This might be the saddest story we've written this offseason."

The Eagles received some devastating news Monday. Left tackle Jason Peters reportedly ruptured his Achilles' tendon again during rehabilitation.
                  Last edited by Syderick; 05-14-2012, 10:18 PM.
                  3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by more cowbell
                    The guy was being paid backup money
                    i guess thats why he got the same contract from philly that the bills offered
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                      • Sep 2003

Why is this a case of what goes around? Because he's not on our team anymore? The guy was being paid backup money, when he was in his prime and one of the best left tackles in the game before we traded him.
                      Oh f**k Peters. He was a total douche. The Eagles paid him and what did they get? An LT that goes to the Pro Bowl. And that's only when his fatass isn't injured. That and a buck gets you coffee at McDonald's. Eagles have an $11M/yr Pro Bowl LT and they haven't sniffed a playoff win.

PTR
                      10 Commandments of the D
                      1. Never stop Rocking.
                      2. Legalize all drugs.
                      3. Quit your day job.
                      4. All Religion should be taxed.
                      5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                      6. F**k her gently.
                      7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                      8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                      9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                      10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Cali512
                        • Jan 2012

Yes but like Fred Jackson and George Wilson. He wasnt ever gonna be **** till we made him. He was a UDFA TE, that we tried at OT. Meanwhile he held out, refused every contract we tried to offer, then we traded him for 2 picks, and now both players anchor our OL now. Fred went 5 years, with one of them setting history marks. He was the only player EVER to get 1000 rushing yards and KR yds, which made him have the 5th best all purpose yardage mark! He got his first NFL contract this year! At 31! Look at whats happened since Peters? Weve had a no named QB who worked and got his pay check (still wont be a good one for a few years), along with Steve Johnson who went from no where and got his contract. We also had Kyle Williams who we also made, and he got his extention i think 2 years ago. These are all low low low picks or no UDFA, that just did what they do, and got there contract! He reported that the contract effected his play. When your main job is to avoid letting a 300 lb 6-3-6-5 man, crush your teamate, who cant see it 90% of the time, then you deserve to be laughed at! You allow someone to hurt your teammate then its ok to laugh at his injuries.
                        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Cali512
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
                          No skin off our back, hope he gets well & prospers.

I hope he fails, honestly he was a UDFA, and 3 years later said "my contract effected my play". So whats that mean? He wouldnt block, he would let them get past him? He didnt worry bout his teamates safety, so his injuries can become laughable

Comment

• Mike
                            • Jan 2009

Oh f**k Peters. He was a total douche. The Eagles paid him and what did they get? An LT that goes to the Pro Bowl. And that's only when his fatass isn't injured. That and a buck gets you coffee at McDonald's. Eagles have an $11M/yr Pro Bowl LT and they haven't sniffed a playoff win.
                            ehhh... HE was doing what NFL players do to get more money. POSTURING. He said he wanted to be paid as top LT on market, in reality he accepted an offer well below that. A reasonable offer for a starting pro bowl LT. Furthermore, when he was traded he had 2yrs remaining on his contract. The Bills could have kept him, and his whining for another year before trading him!!! HE pulled a TO and it worked for him. The Eagles did get a few very good years from him. Ironically, now they have a left handed quarterback and his value is that of RT on any other team.
                            Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mike
                              • Jan 2009

I hope he fails, honestly he was a UDFA, and 3 years later said "my contract effected my play". So whats that mean? He wouldnt block, he would let them get past him? He didnt worry bout his teamates safety, so his injuries can become laughable
                              What do you do for a living and what is the average salary for your position?
                              Please Make Sense

Comment

Working...
                              X