PDA

View Full Version : Jason peters hurt again

Lefty2985
05-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Fell in his boot and has to have surgery again. Per profootballtalk.com

Yasgur's Farm
05-14-2012, 06:39 PM
He's getting a lesson in "what goes around"!
https://twitter.com/#!/adbrandt

Andrew Brandt‏@adbrandt
Oy. RT @TheRealDGunnCSN: a league source confirms to me that jason peters ruptured his Achilles a second time

YardRat
05-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Bummer for him.

better days
05-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Wonder how long it will be before Bell is out with an injury.

gr8slayer
05-14-2012, 08:55 PM
Wow, that really sucks for him. There are a lot of happy DE's/OLB's in the NFC East.

Cali512
05-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Well we got Levitre/Byrd/Wood in that draft. Along with Urbik coming from it who was also an option. Now we have Glenn and Hairston, and Peters was pretty healthy for us for the most part, and now hes on a team that hes injured constantly and that most likely effects some of his bonus. Money is added from sacks givin up and not playing. He has a QB who constantly runs into sacks, so even if its not his fault. It comes in effect in the end. I find this entertaining sorta! Id rather our players

more cowbell
05-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Why is this a case of what goes around? Because he's not on our team anymore? The guy was being paid backup money, when he was in his prime and one of the best left tackles in the game before we traded him.

Skooby
05-14-2012, 09:50 PM
No skin off our back, hope he gets well & prospers.

Syderick
05-14-2012, 10:10 PM
"Peters reportedly was using a device called a Roll-A-Bout to maneuver around his house. The device reportedly malfunctioned, then Peters fell on his face and ruptured the Achilles again. He's going to sue the manufacturer. He will require a second surgery. This might be the saddest story we've written this offseason."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82917fca/article/eagles-lt-jason-peters-ruptures-his-achilles-again?module=HP11_headline_stack

Meathead
05-14-2012, 10:11 PM
The guy was being paid backup money
i guess thats why he got the same contract from philly that the bills offered

PromoTheRobot
05-14-2012, 10:30 PM
Why is this a case of what goes around? Because he's not on our team anymore? The guy was being paid backup money, when he was in his prime and one of the best left tackles in the game before we traded him.

Oh f**k Peters. He was a total douche. The Eagles paid him and what did they get? An LT that goes to the Pro Bowl. And that's only when his fatass isn't injured. That and a buck gets you coffee at McDonald's. Eagles have an $11M/yr Pro Bowl LT and they haven't sniffed a playoff win.

PTR

Cali512
05-14-2012, 10:55 PM

Yes but like Fred Jackson and George Wilson. He wasnt ever gonna be **** till we made him. He was a UDFA TE, that we tried at OT. Meanwhile he held out, refused every contract we tried to offer, then we traded him for 2 picks, and now both players anchor our OL now. Fred went 5 years, with one of them setting history marks. He was the only player EVER to get 1000 rushing yards and KR yds, which made him have the 5th best all purpose yardage mark! He got his first NFL contract this year! At 31! Look at whats happened since Peters? Weve had a no named QB who worked and got his pay check (still wont be a good one for a few years), along with Steve Johnson who went from no where and got his contract. We also had Kyle Williams who we also made, and he got his extention i think 2 years ago. These are all low low low picks or no UDFA, that just did what they do, and got there contract! He reported that the contract effected his play. When your main job is to avoid letting a 300 lb 6-3-6-5 man, crush your teamate, who cant see it 90% of the time, then you deserve to be laughed at! You allow someone to hurt your teammate then its ok to laugh at his injuries.

Cali512
05-14-2012, 10:58 PM
No skin off our back, hope he gets well & prospers.

I hope he fails, honestly he was a UDFA, and 3 years later said "my contract effected my play". So whats that mean? He wouldnt block, he would let them get past him? He didnt worry bout his teamates safety, so his injuries can become laughable

Mike
05-14-2012, 11:00 PM
Oh f**k Peters. He was a total douche. The Eagles paid him and what did they get? An LT that goes to the Pro Bowl. And that's only when his fatass isn't injured. That and a buck gets you coffee at McDonald's. Eagles have an $11M/yr Pro Bowl LT and they haven't sniffed a playoff win.

ehhh... HE was doing what NFL players do to get more money. POSTURING. He said he wanted to be paid as top LT on market, in reality he accepted an offer well below that. A reasonable offer for a starting pro bowl LT. Furthermore, when he was traded he had 2yrs remaining on his contract. The Bills could have kept him, and his whining for another year before trading him!!! HE pulled a TO and it worked for him. The Eagles did get a few very good years from him. Ironically, now they have a left handed quarterback and his value is that of RT on any other team.

Mike
05-14-2012, 11:02 PM
I hope he fails, honestly he was a UDFA, and 3 years later said "my contract effected my play". So whats that mean? He wouldnt block, he would let them get past him? He didnt worry bout his teamates safety, so his injuries can become laughable

What do you do for a living and what is the average salary for your position?

Cali512
05-14-2012, 11:04 PM
What do you do for a living and what is the average salary for your position?

Dude wtf does that matter in any way? we have 5-6 players on our roster who were getting paid the exact ammount Peters was, became great, didnt *****, got there contract. No OT should ever let money effect there pay! There job is to protect!

And why would we keep someone another year that was holding out and when he did, wouldnt PROTECT! at full capability. Instead we got a 1st and 2nd out of it. And now we are probably in better shape now then we woulda been if we kept him

Mike
05-14-2012, 11:10 PM

You guys have to remember that the NFL is a business and that it goes both ways. The Teams treat each of these players as nothing more that "what have you done for me lately' commodities. The players have a very short window to make money. Did you know that the average NFL career is 3yrs and that over 78% of former NFL players go broke within 4years of retirement? Those are stagering numbers.

NFL teams have the right to disgard a player at anytime and for any reason. In a players mind, he comes it develops and performs he should get paid. What happens if you are that stud. You come in and sign a rookie/UDFA agreement for 5years. Within 3yrs you are top at your position earning back-up money. You are earning peanuts compared to others at your position. Should you wait until your turn is up? What if you get injured? There goes your whole earning potential. You think a team will compensate you for the extra value you gave them during early years? Heck NO! A team can cut a player at anytime for any reason. These lower wage guys that pan out are risking way to much. Personally, if I were it that situation, I would hold out too. The risk/reward is in my advantage and I would need to capitalize while I can. When the shoe is on the other foot, the team cuts you.

The NFL is not a charity. You should not expect NFL teams to give away money in order to be 'nice' or reward a player past his prime for past work, nor should a player play at a price well bellow his market value and risk injury, leaving money on the table as a form of charity.

Mike
05-14-2012, 11:12 PM
Dude wtf does that matter in any way? we have 5-6 players on our roster who were getting paid the exact ammount Peters was, became great, didnt *****, got there contract. No OT should ever let money effect there pay! There job is to protect!

And why would we keep someone another year that was holding out and when he did, wouldnt PROTECT! at full capability. Instead we got a 1st and 2nd out of it. And now we are probably in better shape now then we woulda been if we kept him

It has everything to do with it. If you give me an idea of what you do, I can help you empathize with players who hold out.

Joe Fo Sho
05-14-2012, 11:13 PM
"Peters reportedly was using a device called a Roll-A-Bout to maneuver around his house. The device reportedly malfunctioned, then Peters fell on his face and ruptured the Achilles again. He's going to sue the manufacturer. He will require a second surgery. This might be the saddest story we've written this offseason."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82917fca/article/eagles-lt-jason-peters-ruptures-his-achilles-again?module=HP11_headline_stack

Holy hell is that funny.

Mike
05-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Holy hell is that funny.

I can imagine him falling over, on his face... Very funny.
PS: Its only funny when it happens to someone else.

BertSquirtgum
05-15-2012, 04:01 AM
Couldn't of happened to a better guy.

better days
05-15-2012, 04:08 AM
I can imagine him falling over, on his face... Very funny.
PS: Its only funny when it happens to someone else.

Even more funny when it happens to someone you don't like.

Night Train
05-15-2012, 04:47 AM
How long before Philly signs Mike Williams ?

Yasgur's Farm
05-15-2012, 06:14 AM
We should all get this contract thing straight.

He initially signed a 2 year UDFA contract with the Bills.

He then gobbled up a multi year deal when the Bills decided to reward his potential. It was a good deal, I think around $3M/year.

He honored the 1st year and got good grades around the NFL.

He then proceeded to report very late for TC and had, IMO, a subpar year giving up 12 sacks and adding maybe 12 holding penalties. He then made some unfortunate statements about money and motivation.

In spite of all that, the Bills negotiated with him and reportedly offered him the same contract he eventually got from Philly. He spit in our faces and was traded.

This is all from my memory so forgive me if there are some inaccuracies.

DraftBoy
05-15-2012, 07:14 AM
i guess thats why he got the same contract from philly that the bills offered

Not true, Peters got a bigger bonus and more guaranteed from Philly I believe.

DraftBoy
05-15-2012, 07:15 AM
I feel bad for Peters, its an unfortunate incident. I feel worse for fans who relish in any player getting hurt. That's just sad.

ddaryl
05-15-2012, 07:19 AM
I'd feel bad for Peter's if I didn't think he was a complete douche bag *******..

but I don't... Just glad we came away with some good players

ghz in pittsburgh
05-15-2012, 07:30 AM
I doubt any manufacturer of this kind of device will guarantee no injuries to users under all circumstances. The lawyers will get a bundle, as usual. In general, the manufacturer doesn't want this kind of publicity dragging on too long so they want to settle, but Peters' side may very well think differently in this case.

TMu11
05-15-2012, 07:31 AM

So let me get this straight... this is more sad than a football legend committing suicide?

PromoTheRobot
05-15-2012, 07:38 AM
I feel bad for Peters, its an unfortunate incident. I feel worse for fans who relish in any player getting hurt. That's just sad.

Karma's a *****.

PTR

PromoTheRobot
05-15-2012, 07:44 AM
ehhh... HE was doing what NFL players do to get more money. POSTURING. He said he wanted to be paid as top LT on market, in reality he accepted an offer well below that. A reasonable offer for a starting pro bowl LT. Furthermore, when he was traded he had 2yrs remaining on his contract. The Bills could have kept him, and his whining for another year before trading him!!! HE pulled a TO and it worked for him. The Eagles did get a few very good years from him. Ironically, now they have a left handed quarterback and his value is that of RT on any other team.

How is $11M/yr below market value for a LT in 2009?

PTR

Bangarang
05-15-2012, 09:50 AM
So let me get this straight... this is more sad than a football legend committing suicide?

I think they meant pathetic. I don't think (at least I hope) anyone is actually sad about what happened to Jason Peters.

Forward_Lateral
05-15-2012, 10:49 AM
I feel bad for Peters too. Sure it was a crappy way for him to leave the Bills, but I can't blame him, looking back at how poorly the team was managed while he was here.

To fall down due to the failure of something that's supposed to help your recovery is tragic. Sucks for the guy, I wish injury upon nobody...well maybe there's one player I wish injury upon.

Philagape
05-15-2012, 11:04 AM
The tumor admitted he didnt give his all on the field, thereby endangering his QB. I don't care if he was underpaid, I dont want one cent going to a cancer like that. Now he'll never get to endanger any QBs again with his disgusting attitude. You got a problem with your contract, you leave it off the field.

DynaPaul
05-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Buffalo Curse strikes again! Most of the players who leave the Bills for that bigger payday wind up doing nothing for their new teams. See Nate Odomes.

stuckincincy
05-15-2012, 11:54 AM
Buffalo Curse strikes again! Most of the players who leave the Bills for that bigger payday wind up doing nothing for their new teams. See Nate Odomes.

See also Nate Clements, Jabari Greer, Willis MaGahee, Antoine Winfield, Pat Williams, and others...

MattyNH
05-15-2012, 12:28 PM

He then gobbled up a multi year deal when the Bills decided to reward his potential. It was a good deal, I think around $3M/year.

He then proceeded to report very late for TC and had, IMO, a subpar year giving up 12 sacks and adding maybe 12 holding penalties. He then made some unfortunate statements about money and motivation.

In spite of all that, the Bills negotiated with him and reportedly offered him the same contract he eventually got from Philly. He spit in our faces and was traded.

I thought he got a better deal from Philly. I get why people are upset but he was just getting the best deal for himself.

MikeInRoch
05-15-2012, 12:32 PM
As was mentioned above - it's about under-performing on the field. Deliberately not performing is not acceptable.

MattyNH
05-15-2012, 12:34 PM

Are you aware he has made 3 Pro Bowls in Philly? What a terrible curse.

better days
05-15-2012, 01:11 PM

I was not aware a pro bowl selection helped a team get into the playoffs.

MikeInRoch
05-15-2012, 01:36 PM

Are you aware that making the Pro Bowl as a lineman means only that people know your name?

stuckincincy
05-15-2012, 02:15 PM
Are you aware that making the Pro Bowl as a lineman means only that people know your name?

AFAIK, Pro Bowl selections are awarded by votes - 1/3 from coaches, 1/3 by players, and 1/3 by fans.

MattyNH
05-15-2012, 02:56 PM

I get that the Pro Bowl voting does not always get the best player at each position but it is also not just a popularity contest. It is somewhere in the middle. He has played quite well for Philly overall.

Goobylal
05-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Well, Philly got 2 good and 1 really good years out of him. But his career is over.

Bert102176
05-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Wonder how long it will be before Bell is out with an injury.

3rd pre season game

SABURZFAN
05-15-2012, 06:01 PM

that's just crazy....

BertSquirtgum
05-15-2012, 10:29 PM

That's how I remember it. Jason Peters is a POS.

Oaf
05-15-2012, 10:50 PM
He's getting a lesson in "what goes around"!
https://twitter.com/#!/adbrandt
How does he "deserve" this again?

BertSquirtgum
05-16-2012, 12:08 AM
How does he "deserve" this again?

because he's a big fat pile of pond scum.

Stewie
05-16-2012, 10:41 AM
You guys have to remember that the NFL is a business and that it goes both ways. The Teams treat each of these players as nothing more that "what have you done for me lately' commodities. The players have a very short window to make money. Did you know that the average NFL career is 3yrs and that over 78% of former NFL players go broke within 4years of retirement? Those are stagering numbers.

NFL teams have the right to disgard a player at anytime and for any reason. In a players mind, he comes it develops and performs he should get paid. What happens if you are that stud. You come in and sign a rookie/UDFA agreement for 5years. Within 3yrs you are top at your position earning back-up money. You are earning peanuts compared to others at your position. Should you wait until your turn is up? What if you get injured? There goes your whole earning potential. You think a team will compensate you for the extra value you gave them during early years? Heck NO! A team can cut a player at anytime for any reason. These lower wage guys that pan out are risking way to much. Personally, if I were it that situation, I would hold out too. The risk/reward is in my advantage and I would need to capitalize while I can. When the shoe is on the other foot, the team cuts you.

The NFL is not a charity. You should not expect NFL teams to give away money in order to be 'nice' or reward a player past his prime for past work, nor should a player play at a price well bellow his market value and risk injury, leaving money on the table as a form of charity.

I don't disagree with anything you're saying, but at the same time you shoulnd't be surprised when fans of a team don't like former players for choosing to do it that way.

Stewie
05-16-2012, 10:42 AM
AFAIK, Pro Bowl selections are awarded by votes - 1/3 from coaches, 1/3 by players, and 1/3 by fans.

... so what the hell does a defensive back on the west coast know about the talents of offensive lineman on the east coast?

Answer? Not much.

The pro bowl is a popularity contest.

DynaPaul
05-16-2012, 10:59 AM
See also Nate Clements, Jabari Greer, Willis MaGahee, Antoine Winfield, Pat Williams, and others...

I thought Greer, Williams, and Winfield did great for their new teams. They're in the minority though.

Yasgur's Farm
05-16-2012, 01:36 PM
How does he "deserve" this again?The same way we as Bills fans deserved him going through the motions because he wasn't happy with the contract HE SIGNED.

Life isn't always fair... Some times it comes back around.

BTW... Why did you quote deserve? I don't believe that text appears in any of my posts.

Dozerdog
05-16-2012, 03:27 PM
Had to believe a guy weighing 325+ pounds broke this thing

love the basket and optional cup holder

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/07/01/roll-a-bout.jpg

stuckincincy
05-16-2012, 03:39 PM
... so what the hell does a defensive back on the west coast know about the talents of offensive lineman on the east coast?

Answer? Not much.

The pro bowl is a popularity contest.

You won't get an argument from me that the NFL is nothing but a show business venture.

billsburgh
05-17-2012, 09:48 AM
poor Jason, now the Eagles are going to cut his pay since it was a non-football injury.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/Eagles_to_cut_injured_Peters_salary.html

Oaf
05-17-2012, 09:51 AM
I recently saw the play when he was still #85 and blocked a punt as a tight end.

This guy worked from the bottom up, no different than a George Wilson or J Greer. Give it a rest.

billsburgh
05-17-2012, 09:59 AM
I recently saw the play when he was still #85 and blocked a punt as a tight end.

This guy worked from the bottom up, no different than a George Wilson or J Greer. Give it a rest.
but neither George nor Jabari had the ****ty, me first attitude that Jason did.

Goobylal
05-17-2012, 09:59 AM

That thing looks like a tricycle with a bigger and padded seat.

Goobylal
05-17-2012, 10:02 AM
I've been saying all along that he's injury-prone. He's missed several games a year since 2007, and he had just torn his groin the year before he left Buffalo. They wanted to see how he was before they committed big money to him, but he stayed away. His play sucked that year, and they decided to trade him rather than pay him for being a turd. Three years later, his career is over. Sucks for him, but hey, he made some coin.

stuckincincy
05-17-2012, 10:06 AM

Where's the static strap and the pine tree deodorizer? :bike:

Bill Cody
05-17-2012, 12:29 PM

They probably had a deluxe model but it was an extra $10 a day so Peters opted for the model designed for 150 lbs and under

Goobylal
05-17-2012, 02:25 PM
I would LOVE to see Philly try and take away at least $3.25M of his salary. That would go over like a lead balloon with Peters.