PDA

View Full Version : Tanney has left the building

Meathead
05-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Monmouth College quarterback Alex Tanney who was brought in for a workout over the weekend was not signed by the team, and is no longer affiliated with the Bills in any way at this point in time. Tanney is the Youtube "Trick Shot Quarterback" that went viral.

http://wgr550.com/pages/9034669.php?pid=239705

yardrat will be devestated so give him a big hug if you see him

Skooby
05-15-2012, 12:38 PM
In further news, there was a supermoon the weekend before last (but you already knew that too).

DraftBoy
05-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Guys this isn't news. Do we really need to go over the try-out process?

gonzo1105
05-15-2012, 12:48 PM
He was never in the building as a contracted football player

k-oneputt
05-15-2012, 01:15 PM
LOL. but, but, but, he broke all the records and is a trick shot artist.
I gave him enough credit to being a 4th training camp arm a couple of weeks ago.
Oh well, who is the next small school wonder ?

PTI
05-15-2012, 01:26 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/12450471-419/usfl-is-back-after-25-years.html

He will be doing tricks at halftime for the brand new USFL in 2013!!

EDS
05-15-2012, 01:28 PM
I thought he was the franchise QB in waiting?

PTI
05-15-2012, 01:32 PM
I thought he was the franchise QB in waiting?

Well, he can get a big humongous teddy bear that barely fits in a car by throwing 3 consecutive footballs threw a pretty good size hole.

Fitz would leave with the the small baseball helmet that you used to get an ice cream sundae in.

k-oneputt
05-15-2012, 01:35 PM
It's ridiculous how some of these guys attract so much attention.
Especially on this site.
He's a marginal at best training camp guy and there are all kinds of threads on this kid for a week.

ServoBillieves
05-15-2012, 01:58 PM
I probably would have been just as effective if they invited me. Next.

Philagape
05-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Did he do a double somersault from the second floor out the door onto a skateboard?

Philagape
05-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Maybe they'll bring in that Wallenda guy next. I hear he has great balance.

ddaryl
05-15-2012, 03:16 PM
It's ridiculous how some of these guys attract so much attention.
Especially on this site.
He's a marginal at best training camp guy and there are all kinds of threads on this kid for a week.

its a message board.. and people like an underdog story...

it was something to discuss... People seem ok talking about other ridiculous topics ad nauseum...

Meathead
05-15-2012, 03:45 PM
i think we all would have just loved it if a guy like tanney or corp could have turned into the next great qb udfa gem out of nowhere, but realistically the odds are literally something like 500 to 1 maybe worse

looks to me like theyve got good depth everywhere now except lb and wr and hopefully over the course of the season they can either develop or acquire that too. that means by the time the next draft rolls around they can finally afford to spend a higher pick on a qb prospect and groom him for a couple seasons under fitz (or vy if he surprises me). at some point they really have to get somebody legit in that pipeline and they are extremely unlikely to get it unless they invest a quality pick

Johnny Bugmenot
05-15-2012, 04:17 PM
This team hasn't had a developmental quarterback since they let Levi Brown go a couple years back. Instead, they use retreads like Young and Thigpen.

Two rookies, one lasts about two weeks on the roster, the other doesn't even get an offer. What happens in the long-term?

Maybe instead of signing third-string kickers they should focus on developing the guy who will be the future of the franchise after Fitzpatrick is gone. Franchise QBs don't grow on trees; they're better off trying to develop one the way New England did with Brady than wait until one falls to them.

Disgusting.

PTI
05-15-2012, 04:24 PM
This team hasn't had a developmental quarterback since they let Levi Brown go a couple years back. Instead, they use retreads like Young and Thigpen.

Two rookies, one lasts about two weeks on the roster, the other doesn't even get an offer. What happens in the long-term?

Maybe instead of signing third-string kickers they should focus on developing the guy who will be the future of the franchise after Fitzpatrick is gone. Franchise QBs don't grow on trees; they're better off trying to develop one the way New England did with Brady than wait until one falls to them.

Disgusting.

Bills did not develop their developmental QBs, I mean, Bledsoe really could played at least one more year as the starter before Losman saw the field (and Holcomb could have played, they won more with him then Losman) maybe two. Then after Losman was rushed, Edwards was rushed. Never thought Losman was good, thought Edwards could be decent, but for him sitting or playing was no difference, that one big shot took all his balls away from Wilson. Maybe Losman could have been better sitting a few years.

Jan Reimers
05-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Well, he can get a big humongous teddy bear that barely fits in a car by throwing 3 consecutive footballs threw a pretty good size hole.

Fitz would leave with the the small baseball helmet that you used to get an ice cream sundae in.
Through. He threw a ball through a hole.

PTI
05-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Through. He threw a ball through a hole.

Thank you. I am mortal. Did not pay attention to that one.

thenry20
05-15-2012, 04:37 PM
He isn't signed for 1 of 2 reasons: he's dumb as a rock and can't read coverages or he's very inaccurate. Maybe both who khows.

YardRat
05-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Hey, if he can't cut it, he can't cut it.

Que sera, sera....

X-Era
05-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Fitz + Young + Thigpen >>> Fitz + Thig or Young + Tanney

That said, IMO, a developmental 4th QB will likely be added before TC and either Young or Thigpen will probably be cut before the season.

Meathead
05-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Que sera, sera....
idk what this means but oh well kay sarah sarah

alohabillsfan
05-16-2012, 05:36 AM
Develpomental QB's may turn into a quality B/U, rarely do they turn into a Franchise QB, with Brady and Fitz being the exceptions.... LOL

PTI
05-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Develpomental QB's may turn into a quality B/U, rarely do they turn into a Franchise QB, with Brady and Fitz being the exceptions.... LOL

Good teams get that figured out. How in the heck did Green Bay develop all the guys at QB? Even Don Majkowski counts, he is Green Bay's 5th all time passer. They developed losts of starters, Mark Brunnel, Aaron Brooks, Matt Hasselback, and if crazy man Pete Carroll stops hitting the bong he will have Matt Flynn as stater (who knows what he does but it is crazy he is suggesting Wilson could start).

We have seen basically since 2004 though that you must take a QB pretty high in the draft to increase your chances for succes.