PDA

View Full Version : Why Buffalo? Why? Tyler Thigpen

BertSquirtgum
05-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Why in the bloody hell are the Bills paying this guy 3.5 million dollars a year? It blows my mind. Does anyone know if the Bills' plan is to keep Brad Smith as a quarterback?

gr8slayer
05-15-2012, 08:31 PM
He's making $2.5 million this year.

BertSquirtgum
05-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Still too much. That monkey sticking his finger up his butt then smelling it in that video would be a better quarterback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XofxIYyvZ1s

Mr. Miyagi
05-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Sayonara Tyler

SpillerThrills
05-15-2012, 08:36 PM
I think Tyler is gone, and they'll use a rookie as #3. as for Brad Smith, I could see him getting an expanded role as a WR this year. he filled in nicely last year and Chan seemed to like what he was seeing and saw that he had a lot more that he could do with him.

Meathead
05-15-2012, 09:32 PM
i never wanted thigpen here but lets look at this rationally

in his only season as *the* starter (kc 2008, 14 g, 11 starts) he had 18/12 td/int, 55% compl%, 2600 yds, 2 fumbles lost, and 26 sacks. painfully pedestrian but not at all 'bad' and most importantly fewer turnovers than tds (very key) and a relatively modest number of sacks for his exp level

that was his second season and was playing for chan as oc. you would think most likely he has progressed far beyond that simply from mental nfl reps alone. but even at that production he would be a reasonably serviceable stopgap for a few games until fitz returned from an injury. granted he looked like lukewarm vomit last preseason but thats really not relevant at all compared to actual season stats in terms of reliability

lets put it this way, you could do a whole hell of a lot worse - as in vince young for philly last season. in just three starts vy combined for 8 picks and just four passing tds. which incidentally was his best passing td rate for any season he has started games but still was dwarfed by a downright ugly number of picks for a team apparently built for his skill set

if you start getting that kind of play in the middle of the season when the bills are in the playoff/division hunt, believe me you will be LONGING for thigpens painfully pedestrian production

so again, could you do a lot worse than thigpen? hell yeah you could. am i hoping with all my might thigpen gets replaced? hell yeah i am. but if he doesnt i dont think thats near the catastrophy that many bflo fans apparently believe it is

NOT THE DUDE...
05-15-2012, 10:06 PM
hes gone because the rookie qb will be on the ps and smith will be the emergency 3rd qb/6th wr...

ParanoidAndroid
05-15-2012, 10:22 PM
I think the competition brings out more in Thigpen than it will Vince Young. Thigpen had no one pushing him because he knew he was the back-up. Now he'll have to fight for his job.
Vince Young doesn't get it.

Prov401
05-16-2012, 12:33 AM
hes gone because the rookie qb will be on the ps and smith will be the emergency 3rd qb/6th wr...
There is no rookie QB.

BertSquirtgum
05-16-2012, 12:43 AM
There is no rookie QB.

Alex Tanney

Slim
05-16-2012, 12:50 AM
Alex Tanney

He's not on the team.

BertSquirtgum
05-16-2012, 12:51 AM
He's not on the team.

Yet

NOT THE DUDE...
05-16-2012, 01:01 AM
oh, you guys are right. i thought they had corp still.

hmmm, well it doesnt make sense to keep a 3rd qb when hes making 2.5 mil... aint happin...

plus, if youre down to your 3rd qb, the season is shot anyway...

Extremebillsfan247
05-16-2012, 06:13 AM
It should be an interesting battle between Thigpen and Young in TC. Young still has to compete for the #2 spot with a QB that Gailey is familiar with, and already knows the system. The loser of that battle in all likely hood will be getting cut. 1 of these 2 QB's will be gone when the 2012 season begins. I'm pretty sure of that.

jamze132
05-16-2012, 06:27 AM
Both Thigpen and Young will not be on the opening day roster. I think right now, Young has the leg up based on his winning record and pro bowls and I think that Thigpen will have to destroy Young in camp to win the job.

mayotm
05-16-2012, 07:37 AM
YetVery doubtful. They would have signed him right after last weekend's rookie camp if he showed anything.

BillsOverDolphins
05-16-2012, 07:57 AM
Thigpen's a goner

thenry20
05-19-2012, 03:31 AM
No way in hell do I dump Thigpen just becuz we signed VY---who BTW hasn't done anything in camp or the preseason yet. Way to early to start armchair quarterbacking here!!!

Night Train
05-19-2012, 05:56 AM
Alex Tanney

:rofl:

He'll still be on the team in 3 years with some here. Yet...he was never signed. :rolleyes:

SABURZFAN
05-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Still too much. That monkey sticking his finger up his butt then smelling it in that video would be a better quarterback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XofxIYyvZ1s

which Zoner is that monkey. i'm guessing that it's acehole.

BertSquirtgum
05-19-2012, 03:26 PM
:rofl:

He'll still be on the team in 3 years with some here. Yet...he was never signed. :rolleyes:

I though I was on your ignore list because my post are so terrible. :roflmao:

better days
05-19-2012, 05:39 PM
I though I was on your ignore list because my post are so terrible. :roflmao:

For me, your posts are HARD to ignore.

Bill Cody
05-21-2012, 11:48 AM
He's making $2.5 million this year.

IF he makes the roster. My advice to Pig Pen is get a month to month lease.

ThunderGun
05-21-2012, 01:42 PM
C'mon, we all know he sucks....but $2.5 mil is pretty much the going rate for a backup QB. He's one of the lowest paid backup QB's in the division. The Pats are only paying Brian Hoyer $2 mil, but the Fins gave David Garrard $3.5 mil, Matt Moore gets $2.5. IDK about Teblow, but he was a 1st round pick, so I'm sure it's at least $2.5.

Stop whining

BertSquirtgum
05-21-2012, 01:50 PM
It's too much money if you're willing to play your starting quarterback with broken ribs rather than play your so called #2. It's not whining it's common sense. Anyone with a brain knows this guy shouldn't be on the team and if he stays he shouldn't make more than one million a year.

ThunderGun
05-21-2012, 02:32 PM
It's too much money if you're willing to play your starting quarterback with broken ribs rather than play your so called #2. It's not whining it's common sense. Anyone with a brain knows this guy shouldn't be on the team and if he stays he shouldn't make more than one million a year.
Well they've kicked the tires on a lot of QB's this off-season, so it doesn't exactly sound like Thigpen's roster spot is safe now, does it? He'll be cut before the season starts. They obviously know that he is terrible, and don't plan on keeping him around.

And yes....
Why Buffalo? Why? is whining. At least when it's about their soon-to-be-unemployed, former backup QB and his salary.

EricStratton
05-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Until September Thigpen isn't being paid a thing, what's the danger of keeping him in the fold until then.

The roster holds 90 players, someone has to throw to the wide-outs and DB's in the offseason.