Could Bill Polian be the Buffalo Bills' next general manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Could Bill Polian be the Buffalo Bills' next general manager?

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20120516/SPORTS0103/305160020/Could-Bill-Polian-Buffalo-Bills-next-GM-?odyssey=nav|head

When asked if he’d consider another GM job in the NFL, Bill didn’t close the door.“I’d take a look at it,” he said. “You never say never in this business but it would have to be an absolutely ideal situation and it would have to be something the family was comfortable with.”

Like a move back to Buffalo where the Polian children went to school and he and his wife still have close friends? Current GM Buddy Nix, 72, had his best offseason and deserves to see things through.But what if the Bills’ playoff drought hits 13 years? Would owner Ralph Wilson pick up the phone? He did it with Levy in 2006 to be his GM and I wouldn’t rule out him asking Polian, the best man he’s had in the job, back for a shot at recapturing past glory.
    Last edited by YardRat; 05-16-2012, 05:26 AM.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • TMu11
    • Mar 2010

Re: Could Bill Polian be the Buffalo Bills' next general manager?

Would be incredible, but so far I like what this regime is doing. I'd say no unless we had a monumental collapse this season
    After Every Dark Night Comes a Brighter Day

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by YardRat
      http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20120516/SPORTS0103/305160020/Could-Bill-Polian-Buffalo-Bills-next-GM-?odyssey=nav|head

When asked if he’d consider another GM job in the NFL, Bill didn’t close the door.“I’d take a look at it,” he said. “You never say never in this business but it would have to be an absolutely ideal situation and it would have to be something the family was comfortable with.”

Like a move back to Buffalo where the Polian children went to school and he and his wife still have close friends? Current GM Buddy Nix, 72, had his best offseason and deserves to see things through.But what if the Bills’ playoff drought hits 13 years? Would owner Ralph Wilson pick up the phone? He did it with Levy in 2006 to be his GM and I wouldn’t rule out him asking Polian, the best man he’s had in the job, back for a shot at recapturing past glory.
      I just don't see Polian coming back. Doug Whaley is being groomed for the Bills GM spot under Nix. If Nix goes before Ralph does, well, you already know Ralph likes hiring in house. Whaley being the Assistant GM would be next in line. JMO

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
        I just don't see Polian coming back. Doug Whaley is being groomed for the Bills GM spot under Nix. If Nix goes before Ralph does, well, you already know Ralph likes hiring in house. Whaley being the Assistant GM would be next in line. JMO
        Agree 100%

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

I like what Buddy has done, and think he's on the right track. If he and the Bills part ways, why bring in another dinosaur? Let someone like Whaley take over. Someone who's hungry and youthful. Not someone who's looking for one last place to retire.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
            • Jul 2005

Not sure Polian feels all that kindly toward Ralph after their last parting of ways.
            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
              Not sure Polian feels all that kindly toward Ralph after their last parting of ways.
              If you read the article in the Democrat & Chronicle, he does feel kindly towards Ralph & puts the blame on himself & his actions for Ralph firing him.

Comment

• Luisito23
                Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                • Apr 2003

I appreciate everything Bill Polian has done for this franchise, but there's no need to relive the past.

I'm very happy with Buddy right now, and I agree that Whaley should be next in line.
                "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

Pipe dreaming in print.

Must have been a slow news day.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

If you take into consideration as far as what happened in INdy when Peyton went down, I'd have to say no. As great as Polian was here in buffalo, he should have had more than one sb ring with Manning at qb.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

We're all as likely to hit the lottery together than to have Ralph bring Bill Polian back, it's never going to happen (for several major reasons).

Comment

• PTI
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2011

I would like it. First thing he would do is actually find a real QB. That is what he does.

Comment

• HAMMER
                          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                          • Jul 2003

The succession plan is in place, Polian is old as dirt, not happening.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Leo having a daytime dream.

Little else.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • May 2009

I would rather have some new blood in Doug Whaley.

Comment

Working...
                              X