PDA

View Full Version : So has anyone been to Vince Young Steak House?

ghz in pittsburgh
05-16-2012, 12:37 PM
At the end of the WGR interview, they talked about it.

I've been to Bruce Smith's, not really impressed. Vince Young's sounded like a very upscale one. Young talked about Wagyu beef (also called Kobe beef where the cows arepampered with music etc.); they have deck for cigar smoking etc.

Obviously most celebrities lend their name for these type of business ventures. But Vince Young sounded like he's really into it.

Skooby
05-16-2012, 12:39 PM

I've been to Bruce Smith's, not really impressed. Vince Young's sounded like a very upscale one. Young talked about Wagyu beef (also called Kobe beef where the cows arepampered with music etc.); they have deck for cigar smoking etc.

Obviously most celebrities lend their name for these type of business ventures. But Vince Young sounded like he's really into it.

Massaging cows is Sofaking stupid.

stuckincincy
05-16-2012, 01:19 PM

I've had it - think of an already fat-laden rib eye, then slather suet or lard on it. You can almost feel your arteries slam shut.

Check out the pictures:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagyu

Jan Reimers
05-16-2012, 01:37 PM
I like Kobe beef. We used to serve it at the first restaurant my wife and I owned.

As far as steakhouses, I'll stick with Morton's and Ruth's Chris.

Skooby
05-16-2012, 01:50 PM
I like Kobe beef. We used to serve it at the first restaurant my wife and I owned.

I like Shula's, I know it makes me a heretic but the devil makes me do it.

Jan Reimers
05-16-2012, 01:57 PM
I like Shula's, I know it's makes me a heretic but the devil makes me do it.
Oh yeah, the one in Ft. Lauderdale has great steaks and prime rib, with incredibly huge portions.

capitolneal
05-16-2012, 02:24 PM
I actually have been there a couple times,very good food the best mac and cheese ever and the tomahawk rib eye is excellent it is pricey though

capitolneal
05-16-2012, 02:30 PM
and FYI the resturant is where MTV held the REALWORLD austin there it was changed to a resturant a couple years later....

PromoTheRobot
05-16-2012, 04:07 PM

I thought real Kobe can not be exported from Japan. The stuff called "kobe" in the USA is really not.

PTR

Jersey1031
05-16-2012, 04:23 PM
I thought real Kobe can not be exported from Japan. The stuff called "kobe" in the USA is really not.

PTR

Correct

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_beef#section_4

Meathead
05-16-2012, 04:56 PM
i heard they had to shut the place down because the steers kept throwing their horns into the parking lot and walking off

Skooby
05-16-2012, 05:06 PM
i heard they had to shut the place down because the steers kept throwing their horns into the parking lot and walking off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyFSdj1J5Vw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

JPPT1974
05-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Did not know he had a steak house! Thanks for the info!

ds1724
05-16-2012, 09:51 PM
Ruth's Chris sucks. And I will never go to a Shula's!

Cali512
05-17-2012, 12:45 AM
I live near it. My family wants to try it out lol. Its 30 minutes from us and were curious if any bills talk or things are there yet. Ill keepya updated!

jamze132
05-17-2012, 02:40 AM
The best steaks come from my grill *****es.

Jan Reimers
05-17-2012, 04:57 AM

PTR
You're right. Most of our Kobe came from Colorado, I believe. And much of our champagne came from California, and wasn't technically champagne, which can only come from the Champagne Region of France.

zone
05-17-2012, 06:39 AM
Ruth's Chris sucks. And I will never go to a Shula's!
I don't usually like "chains" but Ruth's is pretty delicious so is Del Frisco's, Capital Grille, and Seasons 52.

Skooby
05-17-2012, 07:43 AM
I don't usually like "chains" but Ruth's is pretty delicious so is Del Frisco's, Capital Grille, and Seasons 52.

We have a Capital Grille and Seasons 52 literally 250' apart by us, it's in a place called "The Mercato". The Theatre there has full couch seating that allows you to eat out of a vast menu & drink wine / beer, all the while getting to select where you get to sit online (order tickets) at no extra cost. Pretty neat place, classy.