Bills related, Brad Smith on the 700 Club.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Bills related, Brad Smith on the 700 Club.

Saw this story today and whether you're a Christian or not, it's a cool story about giving back to the community and helping out kids in the area,can't hate on that!

www.cbn.com/media/player/index.aspxs=/mp4/SUE279_BradSmith_051612_WS.
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Re: Bills related, Brad Smith on the 700 Club.

that link didn't work...

Football player Brad Smith shares his faith journey on the back drop of an impressive NFL career.
    Last edited by imbondz; 05-17-2012, 04:45 PM.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

God told him to run the Wildcat ?
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Oaf
        Do you read what you write?
        • Jun 2007

What's the 700 club? People who make 700k?

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Oaf
          What's the 700 club? People who make 700k?
          It's a conservative Christian propaganda show that masquerades as a news program. I think it's run by Pat Robertson.

Good for Brad Smith for giving back, but I don't know why anyone would watch that crap.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Oaf
            • Jun 2007

Many accuse Christians of offending non-Christians with their judgements. From what I see, it's just as often the opposite that occurs.

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

oh god they took over the birth rate and now they comin for the 700 club!
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

better vote romney
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Just for the record:

I work from home 3x a week, and the 700 Club comes on after the morning news. Usually I turn it off but I was working on something and not paying attention to the TV. When I looked up, they were showing a story about a family that was tithing (giving 10% of their income to religious causes). The guy owns a construction company and was hit hard by the recession, but, despite having a family, they decided to "keep tithing when times were tough."

And, of course, God "rewarded" them in the end when business picked back up.

It's all a bunch of propaganda BS trying to convince people who don't have any money to keep giving to religion. Absolutely disgusting.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jeff1220
                    H to the 12:20
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Just for the record:

I work from home 3x a week, and the 700 Club comes on after the morning news. Usually I turn it off but I was working on something and not paying attention to the TV. When I looked up, they were showing a story about a family that was tithing (giving 10% of their income to religious causes). The guy owns a construction company and was hit hard by the recession, but, despite having a family, they decided to "keep tithing when times were tough."

It's all a bunch of propaganda BS trying to convince people who don't have any money to keep giving to religion. Absolutely disgusting.
                    I know. Feeding and educating children through organizations like Compassion International or CMF is absolutely disgusting. Giving money to keep homeless missions/soup kitchens running in major US cities is absolutely disgusting. Providing meeting spaces and hope for recovering addict - absolutely disgusting. Providing school supplies for Blessings in a Backpack, who provides poor children with the supplies they need for school...absolutely disgusting. I could go on and on. Most tithing dollars are put to very good causes - If that's propaganda so be it. But disgusting it is not.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Just for the record:

So it's propaganda to follow whats written in the bible?
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                        I know. Feeding and educating children through organizations like Compassion International or CMF is absolutely disgusting. Giving money to keep homeless missions/soup kitchens running in major US cities is absolutely disgusting. Providing meeting spaces and hope for recovering addict - absolutely disgusting. Providing school supplies for Blessings in a Backpack, who provides poor children with the supplies they need for school...absolutely disgusting. I could go on and on. Most tithing dollars are put to very good causes - If that's propaganda so be it. But disgusting it is not.
                        Lmao.

How about giving to CBN to keep Pat Robertson on the air so he can warp other people's minds into giving him money so he can stay on the air? Any conflict of interest in that at all?

And yes, they made a point of showing the people writing checks to CBN.

And, even if religion does do all those things, how about feeding your kids and keeping the bank from foreclosing on your house before worrying about those other things?

Religion is asking people who can't even take care of themselves to try to take care of everyone else.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Oaf
                          • Jun 2007

Just for the record:

10% from people who don't have any money isn't much.

According to the Christian belief, 100% comes from God anyway. So why would giving 10% to help those who have even less be disgusting?

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Oaf
                            10% from people who don't have any money isn't much.

According to the Christian belief, 100% comes from God anyway. So why would giving 10% to help those who have even less be disgusting?
                            It isn't much to YOU. It's a lot to the people that actually have to give it up.

And it doesn't come from God. That's just what they tell you to get you to give them their 10% cut.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

It isn't much to YOU. It's a lot to the people that actually have to give it up.

And it doesn't come from God. That's just what they tell you to get you to give them their 10% cut.
                              If you believe in the bible, everything comes from God.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X