X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Bills' Nix assured Fitzpatrick he will start at QB

Fitzpatrick told SiriusXM NFL Radio on Wednesday. "Buddy caught me in the hallway one day and said, 'We're looking to create some competition for the number two spot at quarterback, we are bringing in Vince Young. We made him an offer. We'll see if he comes. But just to let you know, obviously, you are our guy and we are just trying to get better at every position.'

When the Bills signed Vince Young, some questioned Ryan Fitzpatrick's grasp on the starting QB role in Buffalo. The team assured Fitzpatrick his No. 1 spot is safe -- for now.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Syderick
    • Apr 2006

Re: Bills' Nix assured Fitzpatrick he will start at QB

Watch out for PTI!
    3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

The sword of Damocles is hanging over Fitz's head, lol.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

this is a make or break year for Fitz.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

non news. but nothing like starting up a 10 page debate between 4 or 5 posters

Comment

• JCBills
            • Jan 2010

Cue PTI's "Until week blah blah when bleh bluh happens".

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
              • Jan 2010

I wish an admin would just ban him for being a troll. I put him on my ignore list but that doesn't mean anything when everyone quotes him and argues w him.

Comment

• Ed
                Dude
                • Sep 2002

I think what's more interesting about that article is how much respect players seem to have for Nix. For a franchise that doesn't get much respect and hasn't been winning, Nix and Gailey have done a pretty great job of creating an atmosphere that players want to be a part of. And I think it's because players genuinely believe in and trust management. That's a pretty critical element to success and hopefully it bodes good things for the future.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  Fitzpatrick told SiriusXM NFL Radio on Wednesday. "Buddy caught me in the hallway one day and said, 'We're looking to create some competition for the number two spot at quarterback, we are bringing in Vince Young. We made him an offer. We'll see if he comes. But just to let you know, obviously, you are our guy and we are just trying to get better at every position.'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ll-start-at-qb
                  Can't millionaire pro football players just keep their mouth shut and not relate every little personal angst that comes their way? Can't management stop being on a constant lookout for any signs of diaper rash affecting these putative adults that mewl about like 4 year olds?

:pirate2:
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• JCBills
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by stuckincincy
                    Can't millionaire pro football players just keep their mouth shut and not relate every little personal angst that comes their way? Can't management stop being on a constant lookout for any signs of diaper rash affecting these putative adults that mewl about like 4 year olds?

:pirate2:
                    Its May. They need things to write about.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                      Buffalo Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by JCBills
                      Its May. They need things to write about.
                      Yes - sad, but true. Barnum was a prophet.
                      Last edited by stuckincincy; 05-16-2012, 02:40 PM.
                      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ZAZusmc03
                        I wish an admin would just ban him for being a troll. I put him on my ignore list but that doesn't mean anything when everyone quotes him and argues w him.
                        It does get old, but I don't want to see him banned myself. I am so looking forward to watching him eat crow.

Comment

• PTI
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by better days
                          It does get old, but I don't want to see him banned myself. I am so looking forward to watching him eat crow.
                          Best and most desireable situation is for Fitz to play consistent. He has a workable and liveable contract if he can start leading the team to wins it would fix a lot of things.

Comment

• acehole
                            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by PTI
                            Best and most desireable situation is for Fitz to play consistent. He has a workable and liveable contract if he can start leading the team to wins it would fix a lot of things.

Why do you discount his rib injury so much?

All you do is show stats....stats dont tell whole story.

However I don't mind you having an opposing position....you have become a clanging cymbal with it...

I dont think fitz is a world beater but I lived through to many mighty mouse vs batman threads and it is nice to have a clear cut starter.

So it is noted you dont like Fitz...we all got memo.
                            Hated by the stupid..
                            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• PTI
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by acehole
                              Why do you discount his rib injury so much?

All you do is show stats....stats dont tell whole story.

However I don't mind you having an opposing position....you have become a clanging cymbal with it...

I dont think fitz is a world beater but I lived through to many mighty mouse vs batman threads and it is nice to have a clear cut starter.

So it is noted you dont like Fitz...we all got memo.
                              Because he does, and he played. He was fine to play. There is no team that would allow a guy out there to play if he was hurt that bad, especially on a team that had no chance for the playoffs. He played the last several games, and he did not have to play. It is pathetic to make excuses for his poor play. Why do you give him the benefit of the doubt so much for his rib injury? You do realize Fitz has a history of being a QB with a rating in the 70's and his QB rating for all starts in November, December, and January is below 70. It is much more logical to determine by looking at his past performance that his poor play is just more of ther same, it is identical to his history of being a bad starting NFL QB.

BTW, you guys constantly pick, I said nothing undesireable about Fitz in my post you replied to, you guys whine when about everything.
                              Last edited by PTI; 05-16-2012, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X