X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raptor
    • Jan 2009

Young getting last chance with Bills

........While Young won games in Tennessee, his time with the Titans was marred by immaturity, a lack of accountability and feuding with head coach Jeff Fisher. It ended badly. His football savvy was questioned. The Titans rightly pulled the plug after five seasons. The Eagles did the same after one season as Mike Vick's backup.

I talked to Young last month on SiriusXM NFL Radio and I wrote on FOXSports.com that he sounded delusional about his unemployed status. Young said he wanted to stay in Philly and the Eagles wanted him back, but coach Andy Reid told him he needed to be somewhere he could start.

It was sad listening to him say that. The Eagles employ a brittle quarterback in Vick. Their backup quarterback position is vital. The backup is going to play, just like Young did last year when he beat the eventual Super Bowl champion Giants in New York. Yet the Eagles passed on bringing Young back. They opted for Mike Kafka being a heartbeat away from game action. Let that sink in. They picked Kafka over Young and nobody really argued.

Think about it. Young’s name was tarnished so much in league circles that teams didn’t want him in the quarterback room. He won a game for Philly in the division on the road. Not only did Philly have no interest, but even quarterback-starved teams passed on him. Miami signed David Garrard, who didn’t play a single down last year due to injury.

Young said last month that he was looking for a place to start or at least compete. Instead, as most everyone else in the world realized, he would have to take a job as a clear backup and get his good name back..........

Article Nails it

Anyone with a clue knows were and are Youngs last option

I still think he sucks but this offense is full of people who proved people wrong and maybe he's the next one
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: Young getting last chance with Bills

Wait, I thought teams were knocking down his door trying to sign him. Maybe he is just here to be the backup...

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
      • Sep 2003

Obviously NFL GMs are terrible judges of talent. Don't they know his W/L record? His National Championship with Texas? Where he was drafted? His Madden number??? What part of 'no-brainer" do they not get???

PTR
      Last edited by PromoTheRobot; 05-17-2012, 04:21 PM.
      10 Commandments of the D
      1. Never stop Rocking.
      2. Legalize all drugs.
      3. Quit your day job.
      4. All Religion should be taxed.
      5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
      6. F**k her gently.
      7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
      8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
      9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
      10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Well, I am happy to have him in Buffalo as a back up to Fitz. VY led the Eagles to a win against the Giants in NY last year playing in a system he was not familiar with with no off season to learn it.

The guy can play football. I trust Buddy & Chan that they can keep his head on straight.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
          • Nov 2009

This conversation is out of control. The guy is a decent player, who had potential to be great, but had his career derailed.

An FA QB who signs for $2 M AFTER THE DRAFT, is not a hot commodity. The poor dude's mental breakdown was publicized for the whole world to see...not going to drive up the price.

This is low risk, and he is not the savior of the franchise. He is a vet, who has too much talent to not take a flier, and too much baggage to pay a huge check to. What is the ****ing debate about?

Young is a backup, who is trying to find his way back to starting, and is doing whatever he can to try to get that chance...we had a QB play with broken ribs for half of the season because we had no worthy backup to give him a break. This is a match made in heaven. It also helps that there were no alternatives, which Buddy admitted looking for...again, what is the debate about?
          Last edited by Beebe's Kid; 05-18-2012, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
            • Sep 2002

Wait a second; Mike Schopp(WGR) likes him. Does he need anything else????

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I don't think we are his last chance. He'll be on another team next season, unless he completely implodes between now and then.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by YardRat
                I don't think we are his last chance. He'll be on another team next season, unless he completely implodes between now and then.
                I don't believe that to be the case depending how things go here.

Comment

• methos4ever
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
                  I don't believe that to be the case depending how things go here.
                  I agree - assuming he gets on well with the staff and the team offers him an extension next season, unless he did get a shot to start somewhere else, he'd probably stay here...

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by methos4ever
                    I agree - assuming he gets on well with the staff and the team offers him an extension next season, unless he did get a shot to start somewhere else, he'd probably stay here...
                    He wants to start, and somebody will give him that chance. Just IMO.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Beebe
                      • Aug 2011

I feel a little better at back up QB. 2 is better than one.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Raptor
                        http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/V...o-Bills-051712

Article Nails it

Anyone with a clue knows were and are Youngs last option

I still think he sucks but this offense is full of people who proved people wrong and maybe he's the next one
                        I wouldn't necessarily call it a last option, but more like on a short leash. The moment he decides to overstep his bounds here, he's done as a member of the Buffalo Bills. That's why he was only offered a 1 year deal. It's not because of a lack of talent. He just has a natural propensity for rubbing coaches the wrong way. If he couldn't get Andy Reed to buy in, I don't know how he's going to work with Gailey. Reed passed on him for Kafka, and as the article states, that does say a lot. All I can say is good luck to him. I hope he succeeds here, but if he doesn't, there isn't a lot that can be said other than the Bills gave it a shot. That's my opinion.

Comment

• jamze132
                          • Jun 2003

If Fitz gets hurt and misses most of the season, the BillsZone will be going crazy asking Buddy to sign Vince Young to a long term deal.

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

And if all else fails, ECMC has a great psych ward for him to recover in...

Comment

• Dozerdog
                              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

.......er...UMMM....What?

Halfway through the article I got distracted by a link to 44 pictures of Paulina Gretzky

Ummmm....sure- sign Steve Young... got it

Comment

Working...
                              X