X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Future looks bright at corner

Catavolos will be entrusted with bringing a quartet of very young, but talented cornerbacks up to speed very quickly as they are likely to step into some very prominent roles. Aaron Williams is already lining up at the starting left cornerback position in preparation for OTAs in a week and a half and top draft choice Stephon Gilmore played the entire weekend of rookie minicamp at right cornerback.

At this stage of preparation for the regular season coaches often harbor questions about what their players can and cannot do. Catavolos however, sounds very confident about what both Williams, Gilmore and some of his other young cornerback talent is capable of.

“I’m real excited to be working with the talent we have,” Catavolos told Buffalobills.com. “They’re good athletes and good people. They’ve just got to get a lot of work in camp and a lot of work in the preseason. They’ll be fine once the season starts.”

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • ZAZusmc03
    • Jan 2010

Re: Future looks bright at corner

I'm pumped about the young talent we have in the secondary. I thought Williams looked promising, Rogers showed some flashes, Gilmore will be a stud, Brooks could come in and contribute, and I love Byrd at FS. Looks good for our secondary in the future.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ZAZusmc03
      I'm pumped about the young talent we have in the secondary. I thought Williams looked promising, Rogers showed some flashes, Gilmore will be a stud, Brooks could come in and contribute, and I love Byrd at FS. Looks good for our secondary in the future.

I'm as excited to see this years D as much as I was excited to watch the offense during the Kelly era.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Our best years involved having the best D.

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          I'm as excited to see this years D as much as I was excited to watch the offense during the Kelly era.
          I agree. The signing of Mario and Anderson were great, we have a ton of talented young guys. and Dareus and healthy K Wil in the middle gets me all warm and fuzzy inside....GO BILLS.

Comment

• Raptor
            • Jan 2009

Im still not 100% sold on A.Williams being a starting CB. He had some good moments but he also had moments where he got straight abused

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Raptor
              Im still not 100% sold on A.Williams being a starting CB. He had some good moments but he also had moments where he got straight abused
              To me he seems ideal for the slot ( 4.5 speed, big & physical ), while Gilmore & Brooks have the blazing speed to be our future on the outside. Rogers showed he could play.

They'll draft a couple more next year to replace McGee & McKelvin. I do think this unit has vastly improved.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

I agree. The signing of Mario and Anderson were great, we have a ton of talented young guys. and Dareus and healthy K Wil in the middle gets me all warm and fuzzy inside....GO BILLS.

TBD.

But I assume the club is confident. CBs are hot items, but I was surprised that they selected Gilmore at #10 when DT prospect Cox was still on the board. KW enters his 7th season. His high tackle numbers, assists, always were curious to me. AFAIK, teams are free to assign those numbers (see Patrick Willis).
                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

On one hand, the youth could hurt us. McGee was the sole weak link in the D his rookie year.

On the other hand, the enhanced pass rush should help the DB's and make their jobs a little easier.

I do like the youth and think the DB's could be in good shape but I do think we will experience some growing pains.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

The defense was the biggest weakness on the team last year. Nix has turned it into a strength this offseason.

Warren Sapp said on NFL Network last night that this Bills defense will be something SPECIAL.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I'm surprised that we've all forgotten/given up on McKelvin already. By no means did he totally suck last season. If nothing else he's good depth I think.

Comment

• bosshogg21
                        • Aug 2007

I'm most excited about Rogers to be honest. That kid made more plays in his limited time than anyone. What a steal he would be.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                          I'm surprised that we've all forgotten/given up on McKelvin already. By no means did he totally suck last season. If nothing else he's good depth I think.
                          I'd rather talk about the youth.

Even if he's decent depth, it's frustrating that he's yet another guy who never lived up to his draft status.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Raptor
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Night Train
                            To me he seems ideal for the slot ( 4.5 speed, big & physical ), while Gilmore & Brooks have the blazing speed to be our future on the outside. Rogers showed he could play.

They'll draft a couple more next year to replace McGee & McKelvin. I do think this unit has vastly improved.

Depends on the WR in the slot I guess. If its a shifty WR with great agility Williams is going to have problems.

AW has good straight line speed but he is real tight in the hips and has limited agility. I like him against the bigger WR's like say Plax but guys like Welker will eat him alive

Comment

• k-oneputt
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Raptor
                              Depends on the WR in the slot I guess. If its a shifty WR with great agility Williams is going to have problems.

AW has good straight line speed but he is real tight in the hips and has limited agility. I like him against the bigger WR's like say Plax but guys like Welker will eat him alive
                              That's why Williams is outside with his size, he not a slot corner.

williams, gilmore - outside
                              brooks is going to be our slot cb.

Comment

Working...
                              X