• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbohastle51
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2005

3 receivers that could be interesting targets for us

1)Braylon Edwards- If his knee is healthy and he would take another low cost 1year deal (it will be lower than the 3.5 million he got from SF last year) he would be worth the risk. 1yr 2million would make him a nice risk considering we are only going to ask him to do what he does best. GET DEEP!

2)Plaxico Burress- Some of you will eat me up for this but the truth is all he would be used for is when we are on the scoring side of the 30 yard line. I would take him at 1yr and around 1.5 million with maybe 500k worth of incentives (which is about all he is going to get) all day. He has shown he has matured and its pretty obvious he does not want to go far from NYC which puts us within a reasonable distance.

3)Roy Williams-
    He had another down year with the Bears last year. It's kinda sad that a player with the skill set that he has just can't put it together again. If we would give Vince Young a chance why not Roy Williams? He would actually be a perfect vet to bring in through training camp just to compete with our guys. If he made the team or not he would be good to have in camp for competitive purposes alone.

I just have a feeling another receiver is going to be brought in. Last year they were patient after Poz signed in Jax and i have a feeling they are going to bring someone in after cuts start happening but i figured these are 3 names that are out there and 2 of them in Edwards and Williams would be low risk low cost players. Plaxico actually was productive last year with 8 TD catches and honestly I wouldn't care if he only played sparingly.

can you imagine him in a 4 wide set across from Stevie and David Nelson? one on one Plax proved he doesn't drop TD catches and he doesn't need a ton of separation to make them.

anyways this is at least good discussion. Have at it folks.
  • BillsOverDolphins
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jun 2003

Re: 3 receivers that could be interesting targets for us

Would love Edwards if he's healthy.
    Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• thenry20
      • Jan 2004

I like your rationale on the first two but not the third. If it can be done for those numbers I say why not?

As fasts as Graham is I don't see him helping us on the offensive side of the ball this year but he should be used on kickoffs and punt returns. I hope Chan plans to use him on ST somehow.

Comment

• Marvelous
        • Feb 2004

I see your intent & agree we need a veteran WR.
        But none of them are leaders.
        And this is what's missing from our WR corp.

-FYI about Roy Williams- I was really pushing we trade Lee Evans for Roy when he was in Detroit & we had TrentEdwards. Because Trent needed
        Clutch & possession, NOT speed-demon like Evans.
        I was right about Evans being useless to us, what I didn't know was that he had -0- gas in his career tank. Sad.
        -I've said it repeatedly,but there's too many posters to recall who says what etc.
        My family are very loyal to our Drafted players & even though they aren't elite,I/we really get more outta the games when ya see familiar guys you know every aspect of their game. Look how many of us are Kelsay experts. Hips of molasses ,but elite run stuffer & Phil hansen type pass rusher when his hands in the dirt & he gets the RT 1on1, ESP if it's a TE. That's a sack or forced pass /INT.
        Same for McGee McGee is/was special. Poor guy just can't stay healthy. Sadly,his roster spot is questionable now. Unless he's a leader.
        --We all know he paints shy for the Ralph's wife. Roster spot=secured! Lol
        GO BILLS!!! NE
        Magical Trevor

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I'm OK with going with the young guys we've got at WR at this point. If we're going to pick up an aging vet or two for short-term depth, I'd rather it be at C, FS or maybe even LBer.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

There's a reason 31 other teams aren't talking to them either.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Don't Panic
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Dec 2005

I'm really surprised Plax is still out there. I thought he rebounded nicely last year. I think he has the best chance of the three of the to have a productive year.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Marvelous
                I see your intent & agree we need a veteran WR.
                But none of them are leaders.
                And this is what's missing from our WR corp.

-FYI about Roy Williams- I was really pushing we trade Lee Evans for Roy when he was in Detroit & we had TrentEdwards. Because Trent needed
                Clutch & possession, NOT speed-demon like Evans.
                I was right about Evans being useless to us, what I didn't know was that he had -0- gas in his career tank. Sad.
                -I've said it repeatedly,but there's too many posters to recall who says what etc.
                My family are very loyal to our Drafted players & even though they aren't elite,I/we really get more outta the games when ya see familiar guys you know every aspect of their game. Look how many of us are Kelsay experts. Hips of molasses ,but elite run stuffer & Phil hansen type pass rusher when his hands in the dirt & he gets the RT 1on1, ESP if it's a TE. That's a sack or forced pass /INT.
                Same for McGee McGee is/was special. Poor guy just can't stay healthy. Sadly,his roster spot is questionable now. Unless he's a leader.
                --We all know he paints shy for the Ralph's wife. Roster spot=secured! Lol
                Huh?

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Jan 2010

no no no ugh

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                    • Jun 2005

I really would love to see us give Roy a shot. Wouldnt mind Plax either

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Jan 2010

roy williams is a terrible wr. i saw him in detroit a ton.
                      braylon and plax are on the downside....

please, just develop graham, easley, jones...

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER
                        roy williams is a terrible wr. i saw him in detroit a ton.
                        braylon and plax are on the downside....

please, just develop graham, easley, jones...

Easley doesn't have the heart.... (pun intended)
                        Last edited by SABURZFAN; 05-19-2012, 12:39 PM.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                          Huh?
                          I understood everything he said until he brought up Ralph Wilsons wife..lol

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

1. HELL NO

2. Intriguing

3. See 1.

Comment

• BUFF Bills
                              • Feb 2009

what about dallas clark? i haven't seen him mentioned anywhere and TE is definitely a need for us. i think the fact that he hasn't been signed by anyone yet means that we could get him somewhat cheap, and you know he could come in and contribute from day 1...

Comment

Working...
                              X