• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

We plan to upgrade at every position we can

I was thinking about Powell being brought in to challenge Moorman & how we drafted, concluding that there is no sacred position. Moorman is a great player & if they're willing to push him, all bets are off. I know they told Fitz he was the starter right now & that had to be the case but they had to do that because there is no one else that has experience in our system enough to call them a starter today.

I'd plan on the Bills taking a real hard look at camp to see what VY can do, maybe even bringing another backup in to challenge for a QB roster spot.
    Last edited by Skooby; 05-19-2012, 09:30 AM.
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: We plan to upgrade at every position we can

I disagree. I think they Love Fitzy and it will depend on what happens in season

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SquishDaFish
      I disagree. I think they Love Fitzy and it will depend on what happens in season
      Taking a hard look doesn't mean that Fitz will get replaced after TC, it's just VY's or another incoming QB's play may warrant second thoughts. Winning teams look to field a better team every year & we haven't been close to .500 for several years.
      Last edited by Skooby; 05-19-2012, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• mayotm
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
        I was thinking about Powell being brought in to challenge Moorman & how we drafted, concluding that there is no sacred position. Moorman is a great player & if they're willing to push him, all bets are off. I know they told Fitz he was the starter right now & that had to be the case but they had to do that because there is no one else that has experience in our system enough to call them a starter today.

I'd plan on the Bills taking a real hard look at camp to see what VY can do, maybe even bringing another backup in to challenge for a QB roster spot.
        Who is this other mystery man the Bills are going to bring in? Fitz is the starter and barring injury, will be the starter all season. So get used to it.

Comment

• PTI
          Banned
          • Jan 2011

Fitz is the worst and least successful of any an in the NFL WITH 28 or more starts the last two seasons. No one is worse. Still he is the undoubted starter but does not deserve to play if he has a slow start. If he somehow plays as well as Alex smith the bills will be 10-6

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown

If Fitz plays like he did the first 7 games last year, he will be the Bills QB for the foreseeable future. If he plays like he did after those 7 games, VY will get a shot, but I would doubt the Bills make any QB change before at least 5 games.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

that's why they signed Young.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Moorman had a career best avg/punt last season to boot.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Young was signed for 1 year. That tells me they are simply taking a look if he's even a head case at the very least. If he's not psycho then then he competes with Thigpen and if he beats Thigpen then competes against Fitz. One step at a time.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    Young was signed for 1 year. That tells me they are simply taking a look if he's even a head case at the very least. If he's not psycho then then he competes with Thigpen and if he beats Thigpen then competes against Fitz. One step at a time.

i see that gleam in your eye for Fitz that you had in Lossman.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by YardRat
                      Moorman had a career best avg/punt last season to boot.
                      Bingo, so you can see the logic in saying no one is safe.

Comment

• PTI
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2011

Gailey is who should not be safe. His stubborn nature in his scheme and having Fitz try and be a star is it is #1 reason this team has not had success. The Bills have never done Fitz any favors yet somehow believed he could be better, when it is crazy to expect that.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN

i see that gleam in your eye for Fitz that you had in Lossman.

read my posts . I am not impressed or sold with Fitz. Just because I don't blast him or hate him doesn't mean I'm a fan of his. We can surely upgrade the position but we weren't able to draft guys like Luck.

I know you're dying to start a qb controversy here and start calling people lickers since that the only reason for your existence here on BZ.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            read my posts . I am not impressed or sold with Fitz. Just because I don't blast him or hate him doesn't mean I'm a fan of his. We can surely upgrade the position but we weren't able to draft guys like Luck.

I know you're dying to start a qb controversy here and start calling people lickers since that the only reason for your existence here on BZ.
                            He's brutually honest, which usually hurts feelings & sensitive folks.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Jul 2007

The simple point of this thread is common sense, much lost upon those who post here. This is the NFL. You want everything to be perfect. You want Namath at QB, Barry at RB with Thurman backing him up, Megatron/Lofton/Largent/Moss at WR, Gonzalez at TE, the EC on the O-line, purple people eater d-line, Urlacher, Ware, Bailey, Reed, et cetera... and you want their backups to be on the all star team.

Shut. Up. It doesn't take a gottdamn genius to realize that this is the NFL. Every player is in jeopardy of losing their job, every player is make or break, every player could be healthy today and could be hurt tomorrow. Starting a thread that just fuels PTI's obsession with banging whoever will take over for Fitzy is counter-productive.

Did anyone else think "Oh, Peyton Manning will never 'not' be a Colt!" before last season? His job was guaranteed! Jamal Lewis was the second coming, a beast of a back, going to the hall of fame, beast of a... oh wait. Injuries. Sex, drugs, scandals, whatever. I know it's a low time of year but when you know that PTI is going to start a 4 page thread about how Fitzy didn't sign his napkin is just asking for annoyance.

I hope we can upgrade this team, but as stated before, it's one piece at a time.
                              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                              X