X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Voltron
    • Jul 2002

ESPN says OJ one of the Top 10 overrated of all time

ESPN just had a segment on SC about the top 10 overated players of all time and OJ was on the list. I missed most of it but I did catch this. If any one else saw the whole thing fill us in. I am a little pissed about this. His sad attempt at life after football should not take away from what he did on the field. :angry:
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
    - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
    -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
    - Mark Twain

• Voltron
    • Jul 2002

Link to the story

Just found this on ESPN.
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
    - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
    -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
    - Mark Twain

Comment

• ublinkwescore
      Sab and TD are insignificant
      • Sep 2002

Did you guys know that James Cameron was at first considering OJ for the Role of the Terminator in the First Terminator film, but came to the conclusion that OJ "was just too nice of a guy to play such a villain".

Arnold was also initially cast as the films hero, but after reading the script, he demanded to play the Terminator instead of Sarah Connor's protector.
      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

He had a killer burst though.
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

He was a great running back and a terrible person.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mikemac2001
            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by casdhf
            He had a killer burst though.

MUCK
            FIAMI

Comment

• mikemac2001
              is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
              • Mar 2003

He is still searching for the killer, everyday.

MUCK
              FIAMI

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                • Jun 2003

OJ was not overrated, I totally disagree with this assessment. He was the real deal, and if it wasn't for the Nicole thing, it wasn't even be a question.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Demon
                  • Mar 2003

I can't comment too much on those players since i didn't live in their era, just read some about them and saw videos, but some of those profiles are pretty cool. Esspicially Lynn Swann.

I do disagree with Deion Sanders though. I saw him play and he shutdown any WR he faced. Sure he wasn't the best tackler but did that weakness ever hurt him?? ESPN makes it look like he sucks because he hurt Dallas' salery cap. It's not Deion's foult Dallas paid him, thats Jerry Jones fault.
                  Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

stats say it pretty clearly.. 3 really good seasons.. 6 hohum seasons.. what makes him so good?
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                      • Sep 2002

Are you talking about OJ Tatonka?

Wys must be starting to rub off on you.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                        • Sep 2002

Plus if you take away his 12 longest runs - he really didn't do crap.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

it's obvious that none of those clowns were on the field to make an attempt to tackle OJ.
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

OJ...

Ok, I watched this guy from the time he got off the plane in Buffalo, and I can tell you...he was the real deal. He was an extrordinary talent that was a threat to go all the way EVERY TIME HE TOUCHED THE BALL. I personally cannot say that about any other back I have seen since. Keep this in mind too...Of his nine years in a Bills uniform, the Bills were below .500 six of them. In 1971 they only won once. They only played 14 games a season back then too. In his 2003 season of 1973, he averaged 6.0 yards per carry. Think about that. That's a first down every two plays. All they had to do was hand off to him to score. In 1976, the Bills were a lowly 2-12, and despite Saban resigning, Ferguson and Braxton missing most of the season due to injuries, OJ responded with an 1800+ yard year, as well as the single game rushing mark on Thanksgiving. That takes talent.
                            OJ's gifts came from the fact that he was dirt poor as a kid. Often times his mother didnt have the money to feed him, causing him to contract rickets as a kid. That's a softening of the bone due to lack of nutrition. His legs sagged, lowering his center of gravity. That translated to some amazing moves on the field.

Is he a scumbag? Yea. A Murderer? Probably. Overrated? I'm afraid not. Emmett Smith is overrated. My Grandmother could have run behind Dallas' line.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                              Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsology
                              Ok, I watched this guy from the time he got off the plane in Buffalo, and I can tell you...he was the real deal. He was an extrordinary talent that was a threat to go all the way EVERY TIME HE TOUCHED THE BALL. I personally cannot say that about any other back I have seen since. Keep this in mind too...Of his nine years in a Bills uniform, the Bills were below .500 six of them. In 1971 they only won once. They only played 14 games a season back then too. In his 2003 season of 1973, he averaged 6.0 yards per carry. Think about that. That's a first down every two plays. All they had to do was hand off to him to score. In 1976, the Bills were a lowly 2-12, and despite Saban resigning, Ferguson and Braxton missing most of the season due to injuries, OJ responded with an 1800+ yard year, as well as the single game rushing mark on Thanksgiving. That takes talent.
                              OJ's gifts came from the fact that he was dirt poor as a kid. Often times his mother didnt have the money to feed him, causing him to contract rickets as a kid. That's a softening of the bone due to lack of nutrition. His legs sagged, lowering his center of gravity. That translated to some amazing moves on the field.

Is he a scumbag? Yea. A Murderer? Probably. Overrated? I'm afraid not. Emmett Smith is overrated. My Grandmother could have run behind Dallas' line.
                              Nice Post!
                              Originally posted by notacon
                              The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

Working...
                              X