PDA

View Full Version : what's your first bills Nike uniform

albertjenney
05-24-2012, 08:26 AM
what's your first bills Nike uniform? post it here . pictures would be great .

here is mine . a Ryan Fitzpatrick jersey .:D

http://www.weiketrade.com/Product/Pro6056.Html

Skooby
05-24-2012, 08:29 AM

http://www.weiketrade.com/Product/Pro6056.Html (http://www.weiketrade.com/Product/Pro6056.Html)

Thanking yourself is masturbation.

Jan Reimers
05-24-2012, 09:06 AM
I have at least a dozen Bills' jerseys, ranging from Kelly, Reed and Tasker authentics, through replica R. Johnson, Holicek, Moulds, Henry, Bledsoe, Losman, Evans, Posluszny and a couple of others I can't remember.

So I'm trying to quit.

Pinkerton Security
05-24-2012, 09:08 AM
Im trying to decide between Mario and Stevie....leaning towards Stevie J.

OpIv37
05-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Unless they make throwback Bruce Smith, then none. I need to replace my Bruce.

I'm tempted to get a Mario or Kyle jersey, or even Dareus, but I have the jersey curse:

Bledsoe, McGahee, Spikes, Evans.

All guys who never reached their potential here, with the exception of Spikes who got hurt and never returned to form.

I don't want to jinx another current player. I'll stick to my Kelly jersey and hopefully get a new Bruce soon.

Meathead
05-24-2012, 09:17 AM
great now my carpel tunnel is going through the roof

Mr. Miyagi
05-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Unless they make throwback Bruce Smith, then none. I need to replace my Bruce.

I'm tempted to get a Mario or Kyle jersey, or even Dareus, but I have the jersey curse:

Bledsoe, McGahee, Spikes, Evans.

All guys who never reached their potential here, with the exception of Spikes who got hurt and never returned to form.

I don't want to jinx another current player. I'll stick to my Kelly jersey and hopefully get a new Bruce soon.
Of course it's been all your fault.

PTI
05-24-2012, 09:26 AM

http://www.weiketrade.com/Product/Pro6056.Html (http://www.weiketrade.com/Product/Pro6056.Html)

What will you do with it when he is no longer playing after week 10 and not even on the team next year? Maybe Landry Jones will be #14?

BADTHINGSMAN
05-24-2012, 09:27 AM
I'll stick to my Kelly jersey and hopefully get a new Bruce soon.

So that explains why Buffalo hasn't sniffed the playoffs since the Kelly era.

alnilla
05-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Already have my Custom Nike Stevie J from Kentucky

BertSquirtgum
05-24-2012, 09:58 AM
I won't buy one. They're terrible.

OpIv37
05-24-2012, 10:05 AM
So that explains why Buffalo hasn't sniffed the playoffs since the Kelly era.

not entirely. I didn't get the Kelly jersey until about 5 years ago.

TMu11
05-24-2012, 10:09 AM
I just bought a Dareus jersey last year so I'm not going to blow money just because they're made by a new company

PTI
05-24-2012, 10:09 AM
not entirely. I didn't get the Kelly jersey until about 5 years ago.

I got one last year from China. Really good quality too. That is the go to now.

I do like the new jerseys. I may have to go ahead and get me a Dareus.

JCBills
05-24-2012, 10:36 AM
What will you do with it when he is no longer playing after week 10 and not even on the team next year? Maybe Landry Jones will be #14?

See it wouldn't be so annoying if you didn't state your opinion as fact.

Raptor
05-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Dareus

ddaryl
05-24-2012, 11:31 AM
I'll never buy a jersey... I still think the $9 billion American industry could find away to have those manufactured here with American labor and help our country create some jobs

Although my wife did buy me a Sabres jersey for Xmas last year so I could wear it to Vancouver for the game....

but I seriously think fans should start applying pressure to industries like the NFL that take in so much American money but allow the jerseys to be made in in Asia.

[/rant, stepping off soapbox]

PTI
05-24-2012, 11:33 AM
I'll never buy a jersey... I still think the $9 billion American industry could find away to have those manufactured here with American labor and help our country create some jobs

Although my wife did buy me a Sabres jersey for Xmas last year so I could wear it to Vancouver for the game....

but I seriously think fans should start applying pressure to industries like the NFL that take in so much American money but allow the jerseys to be made in in Asia.

You willing to work for 2 dollars an hour? Heck, people won''t work for $10 dollars an hour here.

Slim
05-24-2012, 11:38 AM

Where do you think the cotton that the jerseys are made from was grown and picked? While I agree with some of your arguments, fans are still going to buy enough jerseys to justify charging $100 from it.

ddaryl
05-24-2012, 11:42 AM
You willing to work for 2 dollars an hour? Heck, people won''t work for $10 dollars an hour here.

I'm sorry that makes no sense.. I would expect an American company to pay a liveable wage,

$2 hr is almost $6 under minimum wage.

Managers $30 hr - $50 hr

technician or mechanic to fix production equipment = $20 - $40 hr plus bennies

office personel $12 - $25

experiences seamstress $15 - $25 hr

sure jersey prices would go up a few bucks, but that's because we would be supporting America and Americans.

that's a choice for an individual, but if we the people do not support our own with liveable wages and dependable benefits, then how can things really improve

ddaryl
05-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Where do you think the cotton that the jerseys are made from was grown and picked? While I agree with some of your arguments, fans are still going to buy enough jerseys to justify charging $100 from it.

I have no idea where that cotton is grown and picked.... but if it is in the USA, then most likely a solid portion of it is picked by Mexican/immigrant labor, and subsidized with tax payer money

OpIv37
05-24-2012, 11:46 AM
I'm sorry that makes no sense.. I would expect an American company to pay a liveable wage,

Managers $30 hr - $50 hr

sure jersey prices would go up a few bucks, but that's because we would be supporting America and Americans.

that's a choice for an individual, but if we the people do not support our own with liveable wages and dependable benefits, then how can things really improve
Replicas are already $75 and authentic ones are over $200. How much more are you willing to spend?

I won't even spend that much- if I buy them, I buy them on end-of-season sales or off of Ebay.

Pinkerton Security
05-24-2012, 11:48 AM

i get the sentiment but its never gonna happen, at least not any time soon.

ddaryl
05-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Replicas are already $75 and authentic ones are over $200. How much more are you willing to spend?

I won't even spend that much- if I buy them, I buy them on end-of-season sales or off of Ebay.

if it was made in America with high quality.. I'd drop $300. I wouldn't buy 10 of them though.

I am always searching the net for American made alternatives and I always pay more for the alternative. BUT I also don't buys lots of crap for the sake of having more crap.. I sacrifice lots of little things that I know i don't really need...

Lifestyle choice I guess... and not everything I get from American manufacturers lives up to my expectations. Paid $36 for package of a dozen pair of socks out of Alabama, but they were super thin.. but that is what i am more then willing to do as an American...

ddaryl
05-24-2012, 12:19 PM
i get the sentiment but its never gonna happen, at least not any time soon.

with the attitudes of Americans.. yeah you are right... everybody demands a solution, but nobody really wants to be apart of that solution

OpIv37
05-24-2012, 12:21 PM
if it was made in America with high quality.. I'd drop $300. I wouldn't buy 10 of them though.

I am always searching the net for American made alternatives and I always pay more for the alternative. BUT I also don't buys lots of crap for the sake of having more crap.. I sacrifice lots of little things that I know i don't really need...

Lifestyle choice I guess... and not everything I get from American manufacturers lives up to my expectations. Paid $36 for package of a dozen pair of socks out of Alabama, but they were super thin.. but that is what i am more then willing to do as an American...

you're willing to pay more for inferior quality so some redneck in Alabama can make minimum wage at a ****ty factory job that he hates while probably still not making enough to make ends meet?

Who exactly is the winner in that situation?

OpIv37
05-24-2012, 12:25 PM
with the attitudes of Americans.. yeah you are right... everybody demands a solution, but nobody really wants to be apart of that solution

because nobody has a solution.

Like you said yourself, in order to pay higher prices for American-made goods, you have to make sacrifices.

Well, that has consequences. If people are paying more for their goods, then they either save less or have to reduce spending in other areas. Lower savings and lower consumer spending aren't good for the economy.

Granted, it would create more jobs in America if more people bought American goods, but they wouldn't necessarily be high-paying jobs, and it would come with the consequences I just mentioned. There would be a break-even point. I'm not an economist so I don't know entirely how to calculate it, but at some point, in terms of the economy as a whole, the gains made in American by spending more on American made goods would be offset by reduced savings and reduced consumer spending in other areas.

ddaryl
05-24-2012, 01:15 PM
because nobody has a solution.

Like you said yourself, in order to pay higher prices for American-made goods, you have to make sacrifices.

Well, that has consequences. If people are paying more for their goods, then they either save less or have to reduce spending in other areas. Lower savings and lower consumer spending aren't good for the economy.

Granted, it would create more jobs in America if more people bought American goods, but they wouldn't necessarily be high-paying jobs, and it would come with the consequences I just mentioned. There would be a break-even point. I'm not an economist so I don't know entirely how to calculate it, but at some point, in terms of the economy as a whole, the gains made in American by spending more on American made goods would be offset by reduced savings and reduced consumer spending in other areas.

Your reduced savings argument doesn't pass.. I don't spend more, I spend less on crap and apply it towards American made goods as often as I can.

consumer spending on goods that come from cheap foreign labor is more devastating... and if I pay more for American goods it's because the labor cost is higher, and more money going into an American product means more Americans have paychecks and can spend more money themselves, which increases tax revenues for this nation, and pumps more money into our economy. More money from working Americans means more business locally, which means more growth and more jobs, rinse and repeat

I agree there is some balance but the mindset of many is, screw it why should i bother, but these same people ***** loudly when things are the way they are today

so much for me stepping off the soap box eh.

ddaryl
05-24-2012, 01:20 PM
you're willing to pay more for inferior quality so some redneck in Alabama can make minimum wage at a ****ty factory job that he hates while probably still not making enough to make ends meet?

Who exactly is the winner in that situation?

I said sometimes the American product is inferior. No I won't do business with that company again....but I was willing to try and do what I believe is right for AMERICA>

I rolled the dice took a chance on that one and I was unimpressed, but I still take solace that some person in Alabama is getting a paycheck...

I have had success too. Bought a couple of outdoor dog mats for my pups that were made in America with recycled plastics... and they were a great buy. Remodeled my home and bought American made cabinets, a Wolf stove/oven, shower glass, and tiles... I have numerous sweat pants and sweat shirts I buy from American manufactures that I am very satisfied with...

I hear people saying sign up for the military and make the ultimate sacrifice, by placing your very life on the line.. So how hard can it be to make the sacrifice I have mentioned.. I mean if yuo truly say you love America is that not a worthy sacrifice, or are we only Patriots in name only PINO's

Slim
05-24-2012, 01:23 PM
I have no idea where that cotton is grown and picked.... but if it is in the USA, then most likely a solid portion of it is picked by Mexican/immigrant labor, and subsidized with tax payer money

The majority of all cotton is grown and picked in Texas. And yes cotton is the most subsidized crop in the United States, its a cornerstone of our economy and gdp. It's so heavily subsidized so other countries can't compete with our cotton, and insures we will stay on top of cotton export.

So yes, it is subsidized by tax payer money. But if your worried about pumping money into US companies and the US economy, the same subsidizes insure the US makes insane amounts of money off cotton.

ddaryl
05-24-2012, 01:34 PM
The majority of all cotton is grown and picked in Texas. And yes cotton is the most subsidized crop in the United States, its a cornerstone of our economy and gdp. It's so heavily subsidized so other countries can't compete with our cotton, and insures we will stay on top of cotton export.

So yes, it is subsidized by tax payer money. But if your worried about pumping money into US companies and the US economy, the same subsidizes insure the US makes insane amounts of money off cotton.

Good info.. I have to admit not knowing this much about cooton

Now I'm going to burst your bubble

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12947417&cp=2237429&lmdn=Type&pageType=family&parentPage=family

100% recycled polyester, made in El Salvador (machine wash cold)

http://i.imm.io/qm7J.png

OpIv37
05-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Your reduced savings argument doesn't pass.. I don't spend more, I spend less on crap and apply it towards American made goods as often as I can.

consumer spending on goods that come from cheap foreign labor is more devastating... and if I pay more for American goods it's because the labor cost is higher, and more money going into an American product means more Americans have paychecks and can spend more money themselves, which increases tax revenues for this nation, and pumps more money into our economy. More money from working Americans means more business locally, which means more growth and more jobs, rinse and repeat

I agree there is some balance but the mindset of many is, screw it why should i bother, but these same people ***** loudly when things are the way they are today

so much for me stepping off the soap box eh.

YOU spend less on other crap and don't reduce your savings, but YOU are not everyone. Americans are bad at savings and they aren't going to get any better by spending more on the same goods.

And consumer spending- even on cheap foreign-made goods- does benefit Americans because Americans have to work in the places that sell them. Obviously it would be better if they were buying American goods because then Americans would get the manufacturing jobs as well as the sales and distribution jobs, but if American goods cost more, then people buy less, and the effect balances out.

And now you're talking about a collective action problem. You as an individual choose to sacrifice to buy American made goods. You know what difference that has made in the economy? Zero. The economy is far too big for any individual to make a big impact, positive or negative.

But, individuals act in their own self-interest. It is in my self-interest to spend as little as possible on goods. I realize that if 50 million or even 50,000 people started buying American, it could make a difference, but the reality is that 50 million or 50,000 aren't going to do it. So, how does it benefit me as an individual to buy American? It doesn't. That's the collective action problem.

And the collective action problem will remain until someone finds a way to align the benefits of the individual with the needs of the group as a whole.

ddaryl
05-24-2012, 02:30 PM
Y

And now you're talking about a collective action problem. You as an individual choose to sacrifice to buy American made goods. You know what difference that has made in the economy? Zero. The economy is far too big for any individual to make a big impact, positive or negative.

Yes, but it's got to start somewhere.. Awareness and willingness

if everyone continues to throw their white flags up and embraces this attitude then everyone needs to point the fingers back at themselves

and YES I agree with everything you said above... its complicated, but it starts with people being willing to do it, and willing to speak up. Willing to make some sacrifices for our fellow brothers and sisters

OpIv37
05-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Yes, but it's got to start somewhere.. Awareness and willingness

if everyone continues to throw their white flags up and embraces this attitude then everyone needs to point the fingers back at themselves

and YES I agree with everything you said above... its complicated, but it starts with people being willing to do it, and willing to speak up. Willing to make some sacrifices for our fellow brothers and sisters

people will be willing to do it once we can give them some direct personal benefit to doing it. How do we do that? Well, unfortunately, it's going to take someone smarter than me to figure that one out.

Slim
05-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Good info.. I have to admit not knowing this much about cooton

Now I'm going to burst your bubble

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12947417&cp=2237429&lmdn=Type&pageType=family&parentPage=family

100% recycled polyester, made in El Salvador (machine wash cold)

http://i.imm.io/qm7J.png

Ya, that did burst my bubble. All jerseys are polyester. While USA does export polyester, most is done in Asia. Still no way to prove the polyester wasn't synthesized in the USA, although it is probably not.

ddaryl
05-24-2012, 02:42 PM
people will be willing to do it once we can give them some direct personal benefit to doing it. How do we do that? Well, unfortunately, it's going to take someone smarter than me to figure that one out.

there is no real direct personal benefit, (outside of those who get these jobs) only long term benefit to our society as a whole.

which is why I used the word sacrifice a few times.

but if that is America's attitude, "what's in it for me right now" well then you and I both know things won't get much better... However I always here people pimping the glory of the ultimate sacrifice of military service. This isn't hugely different.

Well we completely derailed this thread... however I think it was a good conversation to have... OVER and OVER again... Awareness is part of the formula

AND now back to your regular scheduled program

sqad5
05-24-2012, 03:07 PM
hahahahahah

gr8slayer
05-24-2012, 11:20 PM
Well, this thrad went to hell quickly, hahaha.

Luisito23
05-25-2012, 12:51 AM
LOL

BertSquirtgum
05-25-2012, 01:31 AM
I got one last year from China. Really good quality too. That is the go to now.

I do like the new jerseys. I may have to go ahead and get me a Dareus.

Was it Ryan Fitzpatrick's?

thenry20
05-25-2012, 04:21 AM

I wholeheartedly agree bud!!!

Americans should boycott business that outsource jobs and make corporations bring them back. They exist solely because of the American consumer! How this fact is lost on them is beyond me.

It's funny how we as a nation hate illegal immigrants who come here to find a better way of life. The sad thing is there aren't jobs to be found. They need to immigrate to Asia or India.

One last thing, we shouldn't buy foreign made cars either even if they are cheaper.

BTW, to answer the OP post: my last jersey was 13 now I'm getting a 22.

feldspar
05-25-2012, 05:25 AM
I'm super pissed at Nike for ruining our uniforms, which we got exactly right last year IMO. Look at how horribly stupid the collars look...

https://billsdailycharge.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/tjgraham_fulluniform.jpg?w=430&h=599

albertjenney
05-25-2012, 06:08 AM
haha . many ppl referred to that at the very beginning.

Extremebillsfan247
05-25-2012, 07:14 AM

http://www.weiketrade.com/Product/Pro6056.Html Personally, I haven't decided yet. I might just get a custom with Extreme on the back. Players move around too much nowadays. I'm from the time where quality was measured by how long the product lasted. I want a Jersey from a player who isn't just a great player, but also has extended time in here as a Bill. I won't just wear any Bills player jersey. They have to earn it, but that's just how I view it. I'm weird like that I guess. :D

DraftBoy
05-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Garrison Sanborn.

Slim
05-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Garrison Sanborn.

That will look awesome next to your Joique Bell jersey.

DraftBoy
05-25-2012, 01:47 PM
That will look awesome next to your Joique Bell jersey.

Game worn and signed!

THATHURMANATOR
05-25-2012, 04:17 PM

Managers $30 hr - $50 hr

IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE!

Secondly the jersey cost is already out of this world at 2 to 3 hundred dollars per jersey.

This stance is saying I virtually am not going to buy anything including many american brand cars. This is a global environment.

Sure in a perfect world I would love for more jobs to come back but it isn't going to happen.

THATHURMANATOR
05-25-2012, 04:19 PM
I might just get a custom with Extreme on the back.
Dont do this.....

Michael82
05-25-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm not sure yet if I will buy them. I will say this, I tried on the replicas at Dick's Sporting Goods and they are an awful cut. The sleeves are longer, the arm pit hangs weird and the jersey itself is too tight. Its going to be horrible when you wear layers during the winter with the jersey on top. Plus they are $100 now...which is insane for a jersey with iron on numbers. I also cant stand what they did to the collars. :ill:

SABURZFAN
05-25-2012, 04:38 PM
the jersey itself is too tight. Its going to be horrible when you wear layers during the winter with the jersey on top.

maybe you're outgrowing the size you tried on. :D

albertjenney
05-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Personally, I haven't decided yet. I might just get a custom with Extreme on the back. Players move around too much nowadays. I'm from the time where quality was measured by how long the product lasted. I want a Jersey from a player who isn't just a great player, but also has extended time in here as a Bill. I won't just wear any Bills player jersey. They have to earn it, but that's just how I view it. I'm weird like that I guess. :D

haha . you should customize one blank jersey .and have the player's name sewn when one really qualified for it..

Luisito23
05-28-2012, 01:27 PM
The best jerseys to get are always throwbacks!

Never go out of style, never worry about players leaving, and a great selection to choose from.
'

G Wolly
05-28-2012, 04:23 PM
The best jerseys to get are always throwbacks!

Never go out of style, never worry about players leaving, and a great selection to choose from.
'

Truth. Just won a bid on ebay for an old Bruce Smith white jersey. I'll probably rock it this season at least a couple times.

As for nike, I'd love to add Mario to my collection but that's about it.

albertjenney
05-29-2012, 06:59 AM
Truth. Just won a bid on ebay for an old Bruce Smith white jersey. I'll probably rock it this season at least a couple times.

As for nike, I'd love to add Mario to my collection but that's about it. have to say that you are so lucky enough. is it an authentic one ? it should be very expensive right ?

Historian
05-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Coach's golf shirt.

Even had a 10 dollar rewards coupon for Dick's.

Joe Fo Sho
05-29-2012, 12:56 PM
I'll just keep rocking my Evans and Lynch jerseys...

albertjenney
05-30-2012, 07:56 AM
ok rolling my Ryan Fitzpatrick jersey. :plane:

albertjenney
05-31-2012, 06:54 AM
who's got a mario williams already ? he's been cool

WagonCircler
05-31-2012, 10:10 AM
FreJax.

albertjenney
06-01-2012, 07:08 AM
what?

albertjenney
06-25-2012, 07:05 AM
Im trying to decide between Mario and Stevie....leaning towards Stevie J.

mario williams is your best bet .

BAM
06-25-2012, 10:43 AM
I just bought 4 Orioles jerseys off of Jerseycart.com.

I'll be purchasing a new Bills jersey here shortly but I'm not quite ready to move on to football season yet as long as the O's are in it! It's been a while.

albertjenney
06-26-2012, 07:03 AM
I just bought 4 Orioles jerseys off of Jerseycart.com.

I'll be purchasing a new Bills jersey here shortly but I'm not quite ready to move on to football season yet as long as the O's are in it! It's been a while.

what about mario williams ?