PDA

View Full Version : Bills Nike jersey collar controversy

Meathead
05-24-2012, 04:02 PM
it apparently hasnt happened here but there is outrage crescendoing on several other bills sites about this new 'flywire' collar nike has put on the bills jersey

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5760/tjgrahamfulluniform25.jpg

apparently it has some function too, allegedly helping the jersey not ride up or something which i dont really understand, but the players are reported to like it

the bb.com site is especially adamant how much they hate it and it permeates every thread on the site like a bad case of scabies, much like a pti fitz comments. that board sucks so i wouldnt use them as a standard for anything but sucking but they arent the only ones apparently unhappy about this jersey stylization from nike

note that this half-collar look also appears on the replicas but its literally about a third as wide and is also a red/white half split

what do you think of it? and does anybody know about this 'riding up' functionality enough to explain it in more detail?

Mike
05-24-2012, 04:14 PM
They could have made it blue

Meathead
05-24-2012, 04:24 PM
yeah it doesnt bother me like it is but idk why they didnt just leave the small red stripe and make it blue

as it is now it looks like one of those white neck roll braces that our favorite player bryan cox used to wear

Slim
05-24-2012, 04:29 PM
I just tried one of the new Nike jerseys on pant-less and the collar looks great. Pics coming later.

Meathead
05-24-2012, 04:30 PM
you may recall that at the nike unveiling they had this design:

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/6995/originalbillsnikeunifor.jpg

so for some reason they decided to cut it off 3/4 of the way around. not sure which one i like bettter, if either

Slim
05-24-2012, 04:33 PM
I think the collar will look fine with a helmet on. By itself I'm not a huge fan of it, it may grow on me over time though. I wish Nike would have left it as is.

EDS
05-24-2012, 04:35 PM
I think it is a downgrade from last season.

Meathead
05-24-2012, 04:38 PM
check it out, tj is as dark as that mannequin. that is one black ass brother. hes got that 'hes so black even the inside of his eyelids are black' look. not that theres anything wrong with that of course. i love that look on chicks, i like thinking about my phosphorescent glowing pastiness rubbing against their charcoal blackness. look like sticking a mcdonalds straw into a devils food cake. mmmm

Skooby
05-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Who cares?? Win baby win.

wmoz11
05-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Re: functionality: Jersies tend to separate from pad level between the neck and the shoulder pad and sometimes rides up under your jaw bone/into your neck. Judging by where the "flywire" thing is, they're trying to stop that from happening.

From the picture, it looks like that band is almost a separate piece of fabric from the body of the jersey/should pad area.

Skooby
05-24-2012, 04:49 PM
White collar crime, lol. (stolen from another board)

it apparently hasnt happened here but there is outrage crescendoing on several other bills sites about this new 'flywire' collar nike has put on the bills jersey

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5760/tjgrahamfulluniform25.jpg

apparently it has some function too, allegedly helping the jersey not ride up or something which i dont really understand, but the players are reported to like it

the bb.com site is especially adamant how much they hate it and it permeates every thread on the site like a bad case of scabies, much like a pti fitz comments. that board sucks so i wouldnt use them as a standard for anything but sucking but they arent the only ones apparently unhappy about this jersey stylization from nike

note that this half-collar look also appears on the replicas but its literally about a third as wide and is also a red/white half split

what do you think of it? and does anybody know about this 'riding up' functionality enough to explain it in more detail?

Slim
05-24-2012, 04:50 PM
check it out, tj is as dark as that mannequin. that is one black ass brother. hes got that 'hes so black even the inside of his eyelids are black' look. not that theres anything wrong with that of course. i love that look on chicks, i like thinking about my phosphorescent glowing pastiness rubbing against their charcoal blackness. look like sticking a mcdonalds straw into a devils food cake. mmmm

LMAO. WTF:roflmao:

Cali512
05-24-2012, 05:03 PM

Good work :skooby:

Michael82
05-24-2012, 05:04 PM
The only thing I will say is that they took one of the best uniforms and ruined it, IMO.

Skooby
05-24-2012, 05:52 PM
They needed to mark the uniforms differently than previously to show its a "new" Nike uniform, this is a marketing plan. You come up to your friends without the collar, you're wearing the "old" jersey. I'm of the mindset that this will differentiate jerseys & show that instantly, no biggie.

Buffalogic
05-24-2012, 06:08 PM
It's totally dreadful and if you say it's not you are lying to yourself and everyone else. Make it blue, wow...How hard is it? Ugly times ten. It's sad because the rest of it looks great but thats the part your eye keeps trailing off to.

mikemac2001
05-24-2012, 06:12 PM
THIS **** SUCKS DONKEY DICK!!!!

EDS
05-24-2012, 06:16 PM
It looks like a collared dress shirt. Stupid.

Meathead
05-24-2012, 06:27 PM
LMAO. WTF:roflmao:
im hung like a coffee stirrer what can i say

Skooby
05-24-2012, 06:38 PM

Coffee, tea or me ?

Buffalo Roam'er
05-24-2012, 07:11 PM
When the games begiin you won't even pay it any mind. The game will take all of your attentions off those collars. Don't you think?

Slim
05-24-2012, 07:50 PM

Are you hitting on me?

better days
05-24-2012, 08:00 PM
They needed to mark the uniforms differently than previously to show its a "new" Nike uniform, this is a marketing plan. You come up to your friends without the collar, you're wearing the "old" jersey. I'm of the mindset that this will differentiate jerseys & show that instantly, no biggie.

I think you make a valid point about why Nike made it white. That said, I agree with Michael, I think it ruins the look & the old jersey looked MUCH BETTER.

ParanoidAndroid
05-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Graham looks strong for a less than prototypically sized WR.

Beebe
05-24-2012, 08:25 PM
If they had these no one would care.LOL

Mr. Miyagi
05-24-2012, 09:05 PM
yeah it doesnt bother me like it is but idk why they didnt just leave the small red stripe and make it blue

as it is now it looks like one of those white neck roll braces that our favorite player bryan cox used to wear
Are the Shift buttons on your keyboard all broken? All the punctuations too?

THRILLHO
05-24-2012, 09:17 PM
You said they players are reported to like it and that is what's important to me. So I voted "love it"

more cowbell
05-24-2012, 09:27 PM
looks completely stupid. we finally got the uniforms right last year and this definitely downgrades them.

then again we could wear pink thongs and i wouldn't care as long as we win

BertSquirtgum
05-24-2012, 10:00 PM
the pearl necklace collar is the worst. what a terrible idea nike. should have has under armour design them. much better athletic wear anyway.

HAMMER
05-24-2012, 11:48 PM
Blech, there are going to be a couple hungry kids in China.

Jan Reimers
05-25-2012, 07:40 AM
I have a few slightly larger issues in my life.

OpIv37
05-25-2012, 08:46 AM
I would have preferred it without the collar but it's not a big deal to me. It's not so bad that it makes me hate the new jerseys. And it's still an improvement over the "Decade of Fail" navy jerseys on navy pants uniforms.

Skooby
05-25-2012, 09:27 AM

It's sticky, you know why.

madness
05-25-2012, 01:06 PM
They don't call the man "Midnight Rider" for nothing.

As for a possible reason for the white collar?

http://thelandryhat.com/files/2007/12/232-collared1.jpg

Extremebillsfan247
05-25-2012, 08:28 PM
The replicas won't have the strips. http://nfl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p12864553dt.jpg They are as seen here.
Only the custom elites, which is what the players will be using will have them I think. I could be wrong about that. So if you don't like the tape, buy the replica. If you like authenticity then you want the custom elite, and the tape. The difference between the 2 Jerseys will be very noticeable. That's my problem with Nike though, their replicas look like they could be sold at Walmart, while the real deals are made of better material, but look as ugly as their sports shoes do. I'm not a fan of the brand. JMO

THATHURMANATOR
05-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Yeah hilarious. Looks like the Bills are wearing collared shirts out there!!!

I would love to meet the people involved with designing this stuff. In the end who cares but will certainly look weird.

Homegrown
05-26-2012, 09:26 AM
IDK....collars can be quite fetching...

http://mopupduty.com/whitesox1976a.jpg

Skooby
05-26-2012, 10:10 AM
IDK....collars can be quite fetching...

http://mopupduty.com/whitesox1976a.jpg

:roflmao: I spit all my coffee out here.

camelcowboy
05-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Nothing is worse than spelling/punctuation guy on an internet message board.

SABURZFAN
05-26-2012, 11:06 AM
:roflmao: I spit all my coffee out here.

that wasn't coffee....

we are
05-26-2012, 11:33 AM
They look much better with the white helmets on. Honestly it's not that bad. It looks better than the rams and saints lol

Mad Bomber
05-26-2012, 12:23 PM
He's the e e cummings of the Billszone.

DrGraves
05-26-2012, 10:50 PM
yep looks awful.

TMu11
05-29-2012, 06:31 AM
I really don't mind it once the entire uniform is assembled and worn together. On its own, it's obviously stupid looking but what do you really expect at this point?