PDA

View Full Version : One more piece that would complete this offseason

Cali512
05-25-2012, 12:23 PM
I saw Kellen Winslow and immediately thought wow, hed be perfect for buffalo. But then he went to seattle. Id love to have a legit TE, who can start, or play behind Chandler. Looking through FAs available, one player whos had success ever year hes played, and could contribute, Jeremy Shockey. 455 yds, and 4 TDs last year. He would be the final piece to a good passing attack. Shockey still has it in him to get open, and he has very good hands, and is a great redzone threat. Our 2nd-3rd TEs are totally irrelevant in my opinion and having 2 would take the pressure off of Chandler, and during 2 wides 2 TEs, would force more interior coverage which leaves Johnson/Nelson/Graham, well off on the outside. Very small thing, that would help out with this great offseason

better days
05-25-2012, 12:42 PM
I saw Kellen Winslow and immediately thought wow, hed be perfect for buffalo. But then he went to seattle. Id love to have a legit TE, who can start, or play behind Chandler. Looking through FAs available, one player whos had success ever year hes played, and could contribute, Jeremy Shockey. 455 yds, and 4 TDs last year. He would be the final piece to a good passing attack. Shockey still has it in him to get open, and he has very good hands, and is a great redzone threat. Our 2nd-3rd TEs are totally irrelevant in my opinion and having 2 would take the pressure off of Chandler, and during 2 wides 2 TEs, would force more interior coverage which leaves Johnson/Nelson/Graham, well off on the outside. Very small thing, that would help out with this great offseason

Well, except this is the Bills, not the Pats* & Chan likes to spread the field not use two TEs so much.

OpIv37
05-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Head case, gets hurt too often. No.

BUFF Bills
05-25-2012, 01:14 PM
i mentioned the same thing a couple days before kellen winslow was put on the block, about dallas clark. i would have loved to see him in a bills uni... offensive leader, playmaker, run/pass blocker, etc... definitely could not hurt to bring in an all-pro TE, whether we traditionally use a TE or not

Meathead
05-25-2012, 01:31 PM
here a footballologist examines the remains of the careers of jeremy shockey and dallas clark:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/109/300433059_d0a22f870f.jpg

OpIv37
05-25-2012, 01:32 PM
I would have been more willing to consider Clark because he's not the headcase that Shockey is, but I'd still be hesitant because he's old and has injury issues as well.

Winslow was just too expensive for the way Gailey uses TE's.

THATHURMANATOR
05-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Clark and Winslow are shells of their former self. Rather have Chandler.

OpIv37
05-25-2012, 01:48 PM
and don't forget Mike Caussin!

Here's a video of him training at the same place I train:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gGvvxBHqN1M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Raptor
05-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Id rather bring in Visanthe Shiancoe

Cali512
05-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Shockey hasnt had any legal, nfl rule issues in years. He missed 1 game last year, 3 the year before, 2 the year before that. Never had a long lasting injury, and last year he did more than u expect from a backup TE. 37 catches, 400 + yds, 4 TDs. So whats the biggy? Shiancoe is the same age, had less yds, and TDs (by a little), and he backed up Shockey, so i think either would be the same, i dont see why just NO to Shockey?

The Jokeman
05-25-2012, 02:37 PM

How many damn guys do we have to get with Youtube videos? I could see one or two but the more and more I see the more and more I wonder who are scouting department is.

OpIv37
05-25-2012, 02:44 PM
How many damn guys do we have to get with Youtube videos? I could see one or two but the more and more I see the more and more I wonder who are scouting department is.

Caussin was already on the team before the video was made. He did it more as a testimonial to help Brent (the guy training him in the video, who owns the place) than to promote himself.

Raptor
05-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Shockey hasnt had any legal, nfl rule issues in years. He missed 1 game last year, 3 the year before, 2 the year before that. Never had a long lasting injury, and last year he did more than u expect from a backup TE. 37 catches, 400 + yds, 4 TDs. So whats the biggy? Shiancoe is the same age, had less yds, and TDs (by a little), and he backed up Shockey, so i think either would be the same, i dont see why just NO to Shockey?

Pretty simple, Shockey is a whiney *****. That whiney *****ness got him shipped out of both NY and NO

SABURZFAN
05-25-2012, 03:14 PM
how about another QB to push Fitz? :couch:

PromoTheRobot
05-25-2012, 03:19 PM
I can't help but feel this all about names and not about talent. I thought Chandler was fine but he's not a name so folks feel like we have to upgrade the position. I don't care who makes the catches: WRs, TEs, RBs, Buddy Nix himself, as long as the offense works.

PTR

Cali512
05-25-2012, 04:28 PM
I can't help but feel this all about names and not about talent. I thought Chandler was fine but he's not a name so folks feel like we have to upgrade the position. I don't care who makes the catches: WRs, TEs, RBs, Buddy Nix himself, as long as the offense works.

PTR

Winslow was more of someone id say start. In referencing to Shockey, i assume that itd be a backup role. I like Chandler, just dont like having 2 great RBs, a good FB, and only 1 TE

Skooby
05-25-2012, 04:36 PM
how about another QB to push Fitz? :couch:

Oh man, cue the trolls.

SABURZFAN
05-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Oh man, cue the trolls.

you could get a piece of acehole's mom to complete your offseason.

better days
05-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Winslow was more of someone id say start. In referencing to Shockey, i assume that itd be a backup role. I like Chandler, just dont like having 2 great RBs, a good FB, and only 1 TE

Well, if it makes you happy, you can call David Nelson a TE. There is only one football to go around and any passes Shockey would get would take away from the passes Nelson & Chandler get.

Meathead
05-25-2012, 05:42 PM
you see the whale washed up on the shore and those two guys are ... never mind

DGreg
05-25-2012, 08:47 PM

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gGvvxBHqN1M" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

My sister can kick harder than that. Not impressed. Cut him now.

Extremebillsfan247
05-25-2012, 09:42 PM
I saw Kellen Winslow and immediately thought wow, hed be perfect for buffalo. But then he went to seattle. Id love to have a legit TE, who can start, or play behind Chandler. Looking through FAs available, one player whos had success ever year hes played, and could contribute, Jeremy Shockey. 455 yds, and 4 TDs last year. He would be the final piece to a good passing attack. Shockey still has it in him to get open, and he has very good hands, and is a great redzone threat. Our 2nd-3rd TEs are totally irrelevant in my opinion and having 2 would take the pressure off of Chandler, and during 2 wides 2 TEs, would force more interior coverage which leaves Johnson/Nelson/Graham, well off on the outside. Very small thing, that would help out with this great offseason What's wrong with Chandler? I thought he played well last year for the Bills. Shockey is going to be 32 this year. To be quite honest, I don't see how Shockey would be much more of an improvement at the position than Chandler at this point in his career. But that's my opinion.

Skooby
05-25-2012, 11:21 PM
Improve what we have first.