PDA

View Full Version : Dominic Hasek wants to come back to the NHL

SabreEleven
05-25-2012, 10:41 PM
During tonights Rangers-Devils game, they said that Hasek announced that he wants back in the NHL and he names 3 teams he wanted to play for: Red Wings, Lightning, and............wait for it........the Sabres...I'm not really sure he has a spot on the Sabres unless they send Enroth back to Rochester or move him...I'll have to see if I can find a link.

THATHURMANATOR
05-25-2012, 11:33 PM
LOVE to have him back and would be the perfect backup. Move Enroth.

jamze132
05-25-2012, 11:46 PM
He's 47 and hasn't played in the NHL since 08. How would he be the "perfect backup"?

SpillerThrills
05-26-2012, 12:15 PM

and why would you move Enroth so Hasek can come back for a year (if he were to make it that long) and then have to search for a capable backup for the following year? Enroth has shown that he can play the backup roll, or be the starter for an extended period of time if Miller goes down.

mightysimi
05-26-2012, 03:21 PM
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=396927

SkateZilla
05-28-2012, 11:39 AM
47 yrs old... PASS...

G Wolly
05-28-2012, 04:09 PM
and why would you move Enroth so Hasek can come back for a year (if he were to make it that long) and then have to search for a capable backup for the following year? Enroth has shown that he can play the backup roll, or be the starter for an extended period of time if Miller goes down.

It'd be nice to imagine a goalie duo of Miller and Hasek, but there's no way Hasek even fits in here. Moving Enroth would be counter-productive to the team especially as you said for what, a year or maybe two.

He's not coming back to sit on the bench, I'm sure he wants to play so I feel TB is his best bet.

Plus when he finally retires and we raise that #39 to the rafters it would be great to see him come back as the goalie coach.

Ginger Vitis
05-29-2012, 06:30 AM
Ryan Miller aka "Mr. Insecure" thinks this would be a great idea..

Fennernen
05-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Love the Dominator!

EricStratton
05-29-2012, 10:24 AM
I remember reading that Hasek was broke from lawsuits and bad investments in Europe. I'd assume that is a lot of his motivation to come back.

SkateZilla
05-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Given Darcy's rep for Signing past prime, on the verge of retiring, former buffalo sabres to deals to get them to retire in buffalo...

G Wolly
05-29-2012, 02:55 PM
I remember reading that Hasek was broke from lawsuits and bad investments in Europe. I'd assume that is a lot of his motivation to come back.

My friend told me that his kid is about 15 years old playing here in America so this could also be a potential reason for him wanting to come back here, to see his kid move on to college/minors and probably the NHL.

THATHURMANATOR
06-04-2012, 02:46 PM
I want what I want man. I can't explain why.