PDA

View Full Version : Tough luck for Miami

Novacane
07-05-2003, 11:21 AM
Bowens will miss at least first three months of season

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1576967.html

Cntrygal
07-05-2003, 11:27 AM
Under the best-case scenario, the four-year veteran will miss the first three months of the 2003 season, and will have to diligently rehabilitate his knee to get back for the latter part of the campaign. And even without any ancillary cartilage damage, Bowens could be lost for the entire season, and force Miami coaches to alter their defensive line plans.

wow.... hope he recovers from it.... but my feelings won't be hurt if it's a nice SLOOOOOWWWWW complete recovery.

justasportsfan
07-05-2003, 11:34 AM
He isn't a starter but look for finfans to use him as an excuse once we beat their arse @ Miami.

TypicalBill
07-05-2003, 11:45 AM
i dont like players getting hurt whether its Miami or any other team when its this serious... this is unfortunate.

MDFINFAN
07-05-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
He isn't a starter but look for finfans to use him as an excuse once we beat their arse @ Miami.

No we won't, we still have Jason Taylor, Ogunleya=starters
Jay Williams, Rob Burnett=2nd teamers, and we have L. Williams who led the NFLE in sacks this year. Where we will miss David Bowens most is on STs, and his energy when he does come in for releaf at DE. He didn't see the field must, but he was the starter at DE last PS until he broke his hand and Ogunley took his place and went on to score 8 sacks and gain the Starter spot. Look at my sig..didn't even have Bowens in the main group. But we still will miss him, he was excellent depth.

ublinkwescore
07-05-2003, 05:20 PM
To answer the question in your sig MDFinFan

Can't wait till we meet in Miami or Buffalo (I hope to be able to go to the Bills/fish game on 12-21)

Michael82
07-05-2003, 07:38 PM
The sad thing is....this was one of those flubs by our front office. This is the DE that Buffalo traded TE Bobby Collins for (to Green Bay) during training camp in 2001. Buffalo then cut him at the end of training camp, which I still didnt understand. :rolleyes:

MDFINFAN
07-05-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
To answer the question in your sig MDFinFan

Can't wait till we meet in Miami or Buffalo (I hope to be able to go to the Bills/fish game on 12-21)

Should be a good game both times, you guys don't play us in the heat of the day as usual, but we do have to play you in the winter as usual, go figure, the NFL scheduling experts just didn't want you to play us in our element.

mybills
07-06-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

the NFL scheduling experts just didn't want you to play us in our element.

Now THAT'S an excuse! :snicker:

justasportsfan
07-06-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by mybills

Now THAT'S an excuse! :snicker:
:clap:

MD, doesn't matter who you have ,you guys will find an excuse. Look for the fins to sue the ladder company once they lose to the bills.

The_Philster
07-06-2003, 08:01 AM
I used to hear excuses like that from Steelers fans complaining why we didn't play them every year..."the NFL is conspiring against us :wail: " :snicker:

Doc
07-06-2003, 08:25 AM
I never considered Bowens much of anything. In his 2 years in Miami, he has 2.5 sacks and about 10 tackles. The Bills gave him a shot and he didn't do much to impress them so they let him go. It's not like he was a slug like Nails, who I could care less if his career is over.

MDFINFAN
07-06-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

:clap:

MD, doesn't matter who you have ,you guys will find an excuse. Look for the fins to sue the ladder company once they lose to the bills.

What's with this excuse thing, I'm not making any excuses, the game hasn't even been played yet, so why should I make a excuse..I'm merely stating facts. You guys don't play us in the FL sun. Is that an excuse or truth? I still think we beat ya, even through it's at night..I notice you guys talk about excuses alot, I don't deal in them..either we win or we lose..I'm sure there are always reasons something happens, but we haven't even played the game..Now on this board I listen to you guys talk about why, but yours is not an excuse, if we say why, it's an excuse. go figured. :idea:

mybills
07-06-2003, 05:58 PM
I think the Patriots will be making all of the excuses this year!

Doc
07-06-2003, 06:23 PM
The Pats used them up last year. Going from winning the SB to not even making the playoffs despite not losing a single key player or coach is inexcusable.

Mr. Miyagi
07-06-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

What's with this excuse thing, I'm not making any excuses, the game hasn't even been played yet, so why should I make a excuse..I'm merely stating facts. You guys don't play us in the FL sun. Is that an excuse or truth? I still think we beat ya, even through it's at night..I notice you guys talk about excuses alot, I don't deal in them..either we win or we lose..I'm sure there are always reasons something happens, but we haven't even played the game..Now on this board I listen to you guys talk about why, but yours is not an excuse, if we say why, it's an excuse. go figured. :idea:
As I recall last season in Week 7 we played in Miami at 1:00pm: Temp: 85° F (29.68° C), Humidity: 69%, Wind: East 9 mph

Oh I'm sorry, it wasn't hot and humid enough was it. The NFL once again was teaming up with the almighty GOD to conspire against the Dolphins. :rolleyes:

Dozerdog
07-06-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
The sad thing is....this was one of those flubs by our front office. This is the DE that Buffalo traded TE Bobby Collins for (to Green Bay) during training camp in 2001. Buffalo then cut him at the end of training camp, which I still didnt understand. :rolleyes:

It's not hard to understand at all. Collins wasn't in the Bills plans behind JR and Sheldon Jackson. As you saw, the Bills were desperate for help on the DL. Obviously he wasn't what the Bills hoped for so they let him go. It might have been somewhat short sighted only because of the special teams aspect... but if I'm a coach unless you are the second coming of Mark Pike or Steve Tasker on Special Teams, at least beat out some pretty mediocre talent to get on the roster.

Collins played only 4 games for the Pack in 01, with a 3 yard catch. He was listed on the Falcon's roster on NFL.com but hasn't played since the Pack.

MDFINFAN
07-06-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

As I recall last season in Week 7 we played in Miami at 1:00pm: Temp: 85° F (29.68° C), Humidity: 69%, Wind: East 9 mph

Oh I'm sorry, it wasn't hot and humid enough was it. The NFL once again was teaming up with the almighty GOD to conspire against the Dolphins. :rolleyes:

I was just hoping this year that our 1st team (injury free) plays your first team (injury free), in the FL heat, that's all...we lost last year..I'm talking about this year.

venis2k1
07-06-2003, 10:33 PM
they are just bustin your balls fin fan, dont let it get to you. i agree that not playin in the heat is a plus, but it dont think its gonna be a MAJOR factor in the game, like playing in buffalo in Dec would be.

ryven
07-07-2003, 07:32 AM
It will be a hit but he was listed as a third stringer so how big of a hit I dont know.

MDFINFAN
07-07-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by ryven
It will be a hit but he was listed as a third stringer so how big of a hit I dont know.

Pretty big, this guy can play DE or DT on passing situations, he's like a spike in the energy department. He was the starting DE in TC last year into the PS, until he broke his hand and Ogun starting coming on to win the position..Actually, we throuht that Jay Williams would start, but Agun wouldn't go a way with 8 sacks in the preseason...He only ended up with 91/2 for the year, but that's a good start for a 1st year starter. We will also miss D. Bowens on ST's, he a wedge buster big time. This does give L. Williams who led the NFLE this year in sacks a chance to make the time now.