PDA

View Full Version : There's still players out there that could help us.

X-Era
05-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Here's a few that stood out to me:

Kareem McKenzie- OT
Marcus McNeil- OT (injured)
Jason Brown- C
Vernon Carey- G
Jake Scott- G
Gary Brackett- LB
EJ Henderson- LB
Channing Crowder- LB
Ernie Sims- LB
Xavier Adibi- LB
Rocky McIntosh- LB
Plaxico Burress- WR
Braylon Edwards- WR
Mark Clayton- WR
Will Blackmon- CB

Some fit better than others but in the spirit of competition and having the best possible depth, maybe a looksy a a few of these guys wouldn't hurt.

I'd really like to a vet LB. EJ Henderson might be a nice find as insurance. Just too much unproven youth at LB for me. By the looks of it, Scott McKillop is our primary backup to the still un-solid starting MLB Sheppard. I love the way Carder plays but I think a vet to push these guys may be a good thing.

BertSquirtgum
05-28-2012, 04:33 PM
Ernie Sims, Jason Brown, and Visante Shiancoe.

Channing Crowder is retired. If the Bills could talk him out of retirement, he would be a great pick up.

YardRat
05-28-2012, 04:36 PM
The only one I would be interested in is Brown.

LBers aren't really going to be on the field that much, we'll probably carry the bare minimum, and I like our youth at the position enough to let'em play.

BertSquirtgum
05-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Somebody needs to fix this problem. It's starting to get really ****ing annoying.

The connection has timed out

The server at www.billszone.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

BertSquirtgum
05-28-2012, 04:54 PM
LBers aren't really going to be on the field that much

What in the hell are you talking about?

Skooby
05-28-2012, 05:38 PM
The only one I would be interested in is Brown.

LBers aren't really going to be on the field that much, we'll probably carry the bare minimum, and I like our youth at the position enough to let'em play.

Lol, we better pack it in now.

BillsOverDolphins
05-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Edwards please

Raptor
05-28-2012, 07:51 PM
eeehhh not really interested in anyone listed

Meathead
05-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Edwards please
here ya go
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/669/edwardswithmoobs5.jpg

better days
05-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Here's a few that stood out to me:

Kareem McKenzie- OT
Marcus McNeil- OT (injured)
Jason Brown- C
Vernon Carey- G
Jake Scott- G
Gary Brackett- LB
EJ Henderson- LB
Channing Crowder- LB
Ernie Sims- LB
Xavier Adibi- LB
Rocky McIntosh- LB
Plaxico Burress- WR
Braylon Edwards- WR
Mark Clayton- WR
Will Blackmon- CB

Some fit better than others but in the spirit of competition and having the best possible depth, maybe a looksy a a few of these guys wouldn't hurt.

I'd really like to a vet LB. EJ Henderson might be a nice find as insurance. Just too much unproven youth at LB for me. By the looks of it, Scott McKillop is our primary backup to the still un-solid starting MLB Sheppard. I love the way Carder plays but I think a vet to push these guys may be a good thing.

In the past, the Bills may have been players for these types of FAs. This year they signed FAs that can really make a difference.

The Bills do not need any of this crap IMO.

YardRat
05-28-2012, 08:33 PM
What in the hell are you talking about?

The majority of snaps we're only going to have two, even one at times, on the field.

BertSquirtgum
05-28-2012, 08:36 PM
The majority of snaps we're only going to have two, even one at times, on the field.

I don't think you could be any more wrong. I think there will be three linebackers on the field the majority of the time except on 3rd and long situations.

YardRat
05-28-2012, 08:42 PM
I don't think you could be any more wrong. I think there will be three linebackers on the field the majority of the time except on 3rd and long situations.

Well we'll just have to agree to disagree.

After last season, Chan made a reference to number of snaps (answering a question relative to the switch from a 34 to 43) that the defense was in it's base last year and I believe it was less than 40%. The other 60% was nickel and dime (due to the increased use of three, four and five wides on downs other than third and long) or variations of them.

Considering we're going to attempt to get a pass rush from our d-line as exclusively as possible, more often than not one or two LBers are going to be on the sideline in favor of extra d-backs.

Scumbag College
05-28-2012, 08:48 PM
If there is a veteran Center out there that can still play in the NFL and hasn't been signed to any team as of yet this offseason, the Bills need to bring him in. Eric Wood's health has to be a huge question mark right now and I think makes Center the biggest need to be addressed as of right now.

BADTHINGSMAN
05-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing some vet depth at oline.

Raptor
05-28-2012, 10:18 PM

No he's right, the Nickel CB has become a starter now in this league. You now only need two starting quality LB's. Its the main reason we shifted back to a 4-3

As Bill Polian pointed out on Sirius a couple weeks ago, the Nickel formation has now become the standard starting Defense in the NFL and is part of the reason why the value of LB's has dropped. You only need two starters now as opposed to the three because as he said you have 3 LB's on the field only about 25-30% of the time

This is why I have been saying it seriously pointless to be worried about K.Morrison being a starter because in reality he isn't, so making it a priority to upgrade that spot is only made by people who don't understand where this league is going and where it is now. We should be much more worried about the 3rd starting CB because he is going to see the field for FAR more snaps than Morrison is

BertSquirtgum
05-28-2012, 10:22 PM
I don't believe he is correct. Three linebackers will be on the field.

mightysimi
05-28-2012, 11:24 PM
I don't believe he is correct. Three linebackers will be on the field.

Way to stick to your guns even in the face of fact and reason. :up:

BertSquirtgum
05-28-2012, 11:56 PM
They only use nickel when they think the other team is going to pass. It's not every freakin' down. There will be three linebackers on the field 50% of the time.

Raptor
05-29-2012, 05:53 AM
They only use nickel when they think the other team is going to pass. It's not every freakin' down. There will be three linebackers on the field 50% of the time.

No they use it when there are more than 2 WR's on the field which in todays NFL is more than 50% of the time

I mean there is no other way to put it, your flat out wrong.

methos4ever
05-29-2012, 06:00 AM
No they use it when there are more than 2 WR's on the field which in todays NFL is more than 50% of the time

I mean there is no other way to put it, your flat out wrong.
They'll also use it if there are multiple tight ends and bring Scott in as the S/LB hybrid for their Big Nickel package. That ensures that while they are prepped for the pass, they can still get 7 in the box vs run if need be.

ddaryl
05-29-2012, 09:10 AM
everything on that list says would be the same old crap.. Fishing for a vet FA instead of developing our own and having faith in our talent evaluators, our youth and coaches.

better days
05-29-2012, 11:01 AM
everything on that list says would be the same old crap.. Fishing for a vet FA instead of developing our own and having faith in our talent evaluators, our youth and coaches.

Exactly what I have been saying.

DraftBoy
05-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Just to note, sometimes (and Id argue often times) vet FA do a lot more coaching for younger individual players than actual coaches.

So assuming us signing a vet player will stunt a younger player is not always true.

methos4ever
05-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Just to note, sometimes (and Id argue often times) vet FA do a lot more coaching for younger individual players than actual coaches.

So assuming us signing a vet player will stunt a younger player is not always true.
Good example last year pre and post injury was a guy like Andra Davis mentoring Sheppard both during lockout and as season progressed.

better days
05-29-2012, 11:52 AM

Well, if you sign a FA vet that has not played in the system, he can tell a rookie what it takes to train & the work needed to play in the NFL, but he won't be a help about playing the system the Bills use. I think they would not be all that big a help myself. The Bills have enough GOOD vets on this team to help the rookies, they don't need any washed up has beens IMO.

better days
05-29-2012, 11:58 AM
Good example last year pre and post injury was a guy like Andra Davis mentoring Sheppard both during lockout and as season progressed.

Well, I think the coaching & Sheppards talent had more to do with his play than Andra Davis myself.

kingJofNYC
05-29-2012, 12:38 PM
LOL @ Ernie Sims, guy is complete garbage, he couldn't help me pave my driveway.