• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

OTA Thread

UDFA SAF Delano Howell will not participate due to school.

TE Mike Caussin, CB Terrence McGee, DE Shawn Merriman, DT Terrel Troup, LB Chris White, DT Kyle Williams, & OC Eric Wood are still rehabbing & non-participants, too.

All from Chris Brown. First practice is this afternoon.

Who's ready for non-contact, no pad football?!?!??!
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: OTA Thread

Originally posted by DraftBoy
    UDFA SAF Delano Howell will not participate due to school.

TE Mike Caussin, CB Terrence McGee, DE Shawn Merriman, DT Terrel Troup, LB Chris White, DT Kyle Williams, & OC Eric Wood are still rehabbing & non-participants, too.

All from Chris Brown. First practice is this afternoon.

Who's ready for non-contact, no pad football?!?!??!
    Better than no football at all!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Woo hoo !!! Go Bills!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

OTA Preview:

With the official start of the Buffalo Bills Offseason Team Activities starting today it’s finally time to dive back into football after our nearly month hiatus since the draft and UDFA process! This afternoon the Bills will officially begin their 2012 campaign, and much like Rome, a Super Bowl caliber team will not be built in just one day. That does not mean however that there aren’t some things to look for and listen to the coaches speak about during these OTA’s.
        We ask four questions about what to look for during OTA's.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Very interested to see how close our valuable starters are from being 100%. Wood, Kyle and even Mario from his injury last year. Lindell?

Up next is our depth as well. Troup, Merriman , Mcgee and Easely.

Will they be 100% when season starts?
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ServoBillieves
            The Voice of Reason
            • Jul 2007

IT'S TIME TO STRETCH AND CATCH/BAT DOWN FOOTBALLS BOYS!!!!

LET'S SEE SOME PUSH UPS!?!
            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              OTA Preview:

We ask four questions about what to look for during OTA's.
              How do you get around the AAA ad from covering over the article?

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills Mario with a lightning quick first step to run down a handoff to the opposite side
                7m Buffalo Bills@buffalobills
                This OL group took 1st tm reps: Glenn, Levitre, Brown, Hairston #Bills
                10m Buffalo Bills@buffalobills
                C.J. Spiller busts a big run up the middle. Good blocking inside to spring him.
                11m Buffalo Bills@buffalobills
                #Bills DIine for 11 v 11: M. Williams, M. Dareus, K. Williams, C. Kelsay
                14m Buffalo Bills@buffalobills
                WR T.J. Graham shows his speed on a deep route, DB Gilmore with some contact...pass incomplete.
                16m Buffalo Bills@buffalobills
                Young hits Naaman Rrossvelt for a would be TD on a stutter-and-go up the sideline
                33m Buffalo Bills@buffalobills
                New signee Dorin Dickerson (FB/TE) looks athletic so far. Good hands + speed for his size.
                35m Buffalo Bills@buffalobills
                TE coach and frmr Bill Pete Metzelaars putting his group through some early work http://say.ly/SKW3q7a
                40m Buffalo Bills@buffalobills
                QBs Fitz, Young, Thigpen, Smith working accuracy drills. Fitz with good zip on the ball.
                43m Buffalo Bills@buffalobills
                After brief warmup/walk through, #Bills now stretching and receiving instruction from position coaches.
                1h Buffalo Bills@buffalobills
                Fitz leading offense through plays. WRs Graham, Hagan, Easley, Nelson in the mix.
                1h Buffalo Bills@buffalobills
                #Bills DE Mario Williams working from both the left and right DE spots

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills #Bills defensive line will not be fun for opposing offenses. After Mario snuffed out one run, Mark Anderson erases another.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                    • Apr 2005

What is the deal with Troup? Dude can't stay healthy to save his life and he hardly plays....

Comment

• Raptor
                      • Jan 2009

McKelvin and Gilmore lined up as starters

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills CBs Leodis McKelvin and Aaron Williams manning the outsides for now

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                          What is the deal with Troup? Dude can't stay healthy to save his life and he hardly plays....
                          Troup had suffered a fracture in his lower spine, which along with a bulging disc caused an excruciating amount of pain. He would be inactive for the first three games before trying to play Week 4 at Cincinnati, with limited success. He shut it down for Week 5 and played sparingly the next five weeks.
                          He tried to suit up for the second meeting with the Jets in Week 12, but his back had enough.

“The whole year was just brutal,” said Troup. “The Jets game on the road was the point where I couldn’t take it anymore. I fought through it the best I could all the way through the season up until that Jets game. Coach Gailey came up to me in the locker room and said, ‘Don’t worry about it. We know you’ve been fighting all year and we know you are resilient so if you can’t go we know there’s something wrong. You should stay back here and lay down and relax.’ It was definitely heartbreaking not being able to finish the season with my teammates was horrible.”

Less than three weeks later doctors would perform back surgery making incisions at the base of his spine and on his side to fix the disc and the fracture. If Troup thought the pain was bad leading up to surgery, what he experienced post-surgery was worse.

“I got up off that hospital bed and the day after surgery I was wondering if I was going to walk anymore,” he said. “It was that painful and I was on painkillers. It took so much out of me just to walk 50 feet. So to think about starting all the way over again was very hard.”

But Troup did start over less than a month removed from surgery. After players went their separate ways at the close of the regular season Troup got right to work on his rehab. Rehab that is still ongoing now.

“I’m in the gym right now and doing rehab. There’s no letdown,” he said. “I’m trying to get back to the point I was before the 2011 season. I know I can get there and I know I can play in this league. I just have to be healthy. The freak accident last year (fractured spine) hopefully won’t affect me this year. I just have to stay positive. That’s the biggest thing.”

The goal for full medical clearance so he can return to the practice field again is training camp. Much like Kyle Williams and Eric Wood, Troup is taking a measured approach to return to full live football.

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills Reserve units getting some reps now. Carder, Asper, Brooks, Bradham among the group on field now.

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

Mark Ludwiczak ‏@MarkLud12 Scary moment at OTAs when Kelsay stepped on Mario Williams' foot in a team drill. Williams appeared to be in some pain but stayed in.

Comment

Working...
                              X