PDA

View Full Version : NFL live on ESPN just ripped Fitz for his mechanics

Skooby
05-29-2012, 03:28 PM
They basically said his mechanics are like Tebow, just right handed. Coach Lee also said he can fix his mechanics, so here's to hoping (a lot).

JCBills
05-29-2012, 04:13 PM
LOL.

Fitz doesn't have the greatest mechanics, but Tebow has one of the longest, if not the longest delivery in the league.

The whole reason this offense was doing so well was Fitz's ability to get the ball out quick, kind of like Cutler when he was in Denver.

They're trying to make a story out of a story.

mikemac2001
05-29-2012, 04:22 PM
PTI broke the news to ESPN

SquishDaFish
05-29-2012, 04:24 PM
PTI broke the news to ESPN

Thats funny I clicked in here to say PTI was the source LMAO

ServoBillieves
05-29-2012, 04:25 PM
He plays QB, he will be evaluated at the pro level, but when the 16 year olds at ESPN and so on they will say that Vince is the answer just because of his Texas career. He called for the dream team, Fitz disappointed his team... oh wait! He busted his ribs and his starting RB got injured after he had great stats.

"He's not franchise!" No ******* **** morons, he is a stop gap while the gap is closed in the division as to how we've adapted and how we go about creating a playoff team. You can't build a SB team, you build a team that will fight through the playoffs.

I love that I just wasted time on a thread which no one will read.

BertSquirtgum
05-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Yupp. They basically said he sucks and I agree with them. Led the league with interceptions and 19 of them came when they were trying to come from behind. Perfect time for an interception.

They talked about how terrible his mechanics were and I hope David Lee can fix them.

Skooby
05-29-2012, 04:27 PM
LOL.

Fitz doesn't have the greatest mechanics, but Tebow has one of the longest, if not the longest delivery in the league.

The whole reason this offense was doing so well was Fitz's ability to get the ball out quick, kind of like Cutler when he was in Denver.

Coach Lee spending a majority of his time on Fitz's mechanics means the problem is evident, no other thing to take from it.

BertSquirtgum
05-29-2012, 04:30 PM
LOL.

They said fitzpatrick's windup was longer than Tebow. It showed a time clock of how long it took for him to release the ball and how it was very easy for the cornerbacks to break on the ball.

JCBills
05-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Yupp. They basically said he sucks and I agree with them. Led the league with interceptions and 19 of them came when they were trying to come from behind. Perfect time for an interception.

They talked about how terrible his mechanics were and I hope David Lee can fix them.

So lets blame Fitz for the defense giving up points.

JCBills
05-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Coach Lee spending a majority of his time on Fitz's mechanics means the problem is evident, no other thing to take from it.

I didn't say he has flawless mechanics.

Meathead
05-29-2012, 04:43 PM
and yet even with those bad mechanics fitz was able to raise his compl% a full five points over his career average last season

they brought in lee specifically to fix those kinds of things. coupled with a strong d that wont be asking fitz to make up constant deficits with his arm, im expecting his best season ever

Skooby
05-29-2012, 04:51 PM
and yet even with those bad mechanics fitz was able to raise his compl% a full five points over his career average last season

they brought in lee specifically to fix those kinds of things. coupled with a strong d that wont be asking fitz to make up constant deficits with his arm, im expecting his best season ever

Playing from ahead is great but making any noise in the playoffs is going to take a major revamp of Fitz's mechanics. Teams obviously caught on to how to beat him because his last 10 games or so stats were so horrible versus the first 6 games. It isn't like we built up momentum to lose almost every game in the last few months of the 2011 season, so thinking we're going to come ripping into 2012 with any offensive weapons is really homerism.

I for one see us regretting not addressing the QB position in the draft (even though I like who we picked), we're really paying for back-up type QB at best even with Coach Lee working with him. I just don't think he's capable of any major success & his arm isn't going to win you the game, our defense looks to be our major strength.

BertSquirtgum
05-29-2012, 05:06 PM
So lets blame Fitz for the defense giving up points.
I'm blaming Fitz for throwing interceptions. Even though I know our defense was horrid last year. How tired and demeaned do you think they felt when they did finally stop someone and Fitznoodle throws another interceptions three plays later, sending them back onto the field.

HAMMER
05-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Mechanics are just like stats, overrated.

Homegrown
05-29-2012, 05:35 PM
I love that I just wasted time on a thread which no one will read.

I read it .....and I'm someone

SABURZFAN
05-29-2012, 05:42 PM
look at the Fitz Lickers. they're as pathetic as the Lossman Lickers. oh wait... they're the same people. they'll be hating on VY when he takes the starting QB spot from Fitz. stay tuned...

:movie:

gr8slayer
05-29-2012, 08:15 PM
look at the Fitz Lickers. they're as pathetic as the Lossman Lickers. oh wait... they're the same people. they'll be hating on VY when he takes the starting QB spot from Fitz. stay tuned...

Man, you crack me up :lol:.

Prov401
05-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Fitz definitely isn't the answer. Which is why I'm still surprised on his contract extension. I hate how the Bills get a hard on after the first 6 games of a season and hand out extensions (Jauron/Fitz). It didn't work out too well the first time, and it sure as hell isn't a lock that Fitz will be our starter for years to come.

Obviously I'd love to see Fitz light it up and lead our team to double digit victories while limiting the mistakes and knowing when to not pull the trigger. I'd like to see Chan turn to Freddie and CJ more often this up-coming season. I don't see any reason to ask our QB to throw more than 25 times a game with the way our RB's ran last year. I think the rib injury and Freddie getting injured is surely note worthy and eases my doubts on Fitz a little bit.

Goobylal
05-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Fitz was doing well before the injury/injuries. Considering he can improve his mechanics, it has me stoked to see what Lee can do with him.

TigerJ
05-29-2012, 08:49 PM
I admit to not really watching the mechanics of a QB, so I'll take ESPN's word on Fitz's mechanics. If his mechanics are as bad as has bewen suggested, maybe David Lee's tutoring can make more of a difference than I anticipated. I have no illusions that Fitzpatrick the long term answer at QB, to say nothing of being a franchise QB. On the other hand, nothing about Vince Young convinces me he's a long term answer at QB either. I just hope that with all the improvements the Bills have made in other areas of the team and the help they're getting Fitz, and the change of pace that VY might give the team when he's on the field might be enough to let the Bills win enough games to get in the playoffs.

PromoTheRobot
05-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Maybe Fitz shouldn't break his ribs next time.

PTR

BertSquirtgum
05-29-2012, 09:24 PM

PTR

Love this excuse. If he was in so much pain that it made him play bad he wouldn't have been playing. Enough with this lame excuse.

better days
05-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Playing from ahead is great but making any noise in the playoffs is going to take a major revamp of Fitz's mechanics. Teams obviously caught on to how to beat him because his last 10 games or so stats were so horrible versus the first 6 games. It isn't like we built up momentum to lose almost every game in the last few months of the 2011 season, so thinking we're going to come ripping into 2012 with any offensive weapons is really homerism.

I for one see us regretting not addressing the QB position in the draft (even though I like who we picked), we're really paying for back-up type QB at best even with Coach Lee working with him. I just don't think he's capable of any major success & his arm isn't going to win you the game, our defense looks to be our major strength.

Well, a major revamp of the defense will be what takes the Bills into the playoffs IMO. If Fitz plays like he did the first 7 games, before he any many others were injured, I think the Bills will surprise a lot of people.

Extremebillsfan247
05-29-2012, 11:57 PM
They basically said his mechanics are like Tebow, just right handed. Coach Lee also said he can fix his mechanics, so here's to hoping (a lot).They figured that all out in 1 OTA? amazing :D: .
I am challenging the validity of the NFL live crew with this gripe. Where was this criticism of his mechanics in the past? I just find it interesting that now it's a story, when before Vince Young got here, no one gave a crap about the mechanics of any Bills QB, let alone Fitzpatrick.

WagonCircler
05-30-2012, 03:09 AM
Ahhh yes. The Vince Young agenda already starting to bubble up.

The difference between Fitz and "the Dream Teamer" (other than 42 points on the Wonderlic) is that Fitz is smart enough to learn and adapt. Vince Young has velcro shoes (which serve the dual purpose of aleviating the brain-taxing need to learn to tie his shoes as well as acting as a form preemptive suicide prevention).

There's a reason nobody wanted Young. Like Jerry Glanville once said, NFL stands for "Not For Long" for stupid people.

We're talking about a guy who the Eagles decided would be less valuable to their team than Trent ****** Edwards.

By this time next year, Vince Young will be back playing QB in Philly. But his paychecks will be signed by Jon Bon Jovi.

kishoph
05-30-2012, 05:05 AM
They figured that all out in 1 OTA? amazing :D: .
I am challenging the validity of the NFL live crew with this gripe. Where was this criticism of his mechanics in the past? I just find it interesting that now it's a story, when before Vince Young got here, no one gave a crap about the mechanics of any Bills QB, let alone Fitzpatrick.

This is what I was thinking. Reporting has become such a joke, there's no new news, it's just a bunch of hacks piggybacking of another's story or giving us something that's well known and trying to make it sound fresh or some breaking news. David Lee said when he got here that Fitz's main problem was his mechanics and both Fitz and Gailey talked about it in their pressers after the 1st OTA. These are the same guys that will slobbering over Fitz when/if he he performs like he did the 1st half of last season.

Skooby
05-30-2012, 06:03 AM
They figured that all out in 1 OTA? amazing :D: .

Coaches get wind of tendencies & look to previous game tapes for edges. Fitz telegraphs where he is throwing it & we paid the price week 7-16 last season. His "injury" may have slowed him or forced him to move different but it is what it is. I think Fitz will be serviceable until we can draft someone that can make all the throws & has the brains to handle the NFL.

Chan risking his job to keep Fitz in place is a huge risk, especially after watching the last few months of the 2011 season. I'm not a Fitz hater, I'm an improvement junkie that wants the best team fielded. Having Fitz at QB versus a top 10 NFL starter nearly assures us of not being much over .500, see the Vegas lines.

better days
05-30-2012, 07:39 AM
Coaches get wind of tendencies & look to previous game tapes for edges. Fitz telegraphs where he is throwing it & we paid the price week 7-16 last season. His "injury" may have slowed him or forced him to move different but it is what it is. I think Fitz will be serviceable until we can draft someone that can make all the throws & has the brains to handle the NFL.

Chan risking his job to keep Fitz in place is a huge risk, especially after watching the last few months of the 2011 season. I'm not a Fitz hater, I'm an improvement junkie that wants the best team fielded. Having Fitz at QB versus a top 10 NFL starter nearly assures us of not being much over .500, see the Vegas lines.

Well, if you & PTI can get together & kidnap a top 10 QB & force him to play for the Bills, I would be all for it.

Skooby
05-30-2012, 07:47 AM
Well, if you & PTI can get together & kidnap a top 10 QB & force him to play for the Bills, I would be all for it.

Please don't put me with anyone specific when it comes to reality, reality is reality all on it's own. VY is the closest thing we currently have, it's just he lacks the brains to keep it together. Maybe we can play some Frankenstein & mix Fitz brains with VY body, Fitzenstein.

better days
05-30-2012, 08:09 AM
Please don't put me with anyone specific when it comes to reality, reality is reality all on it's own. VY is the closest thing we currently have, it's just he lacks the brains to keep it together. Maybe we can play some Frankenstein & mix Fitz brains with VY body, Fitzenstein.

Well, the reality is the Bills have no chance or hope of a top 10 QB.........unless somehow Fitz or VY become that guy which is VERY doubtful.

IMO, the best we can hope for is Fitz becomes a GOOD game manager that will not lose games & let the defense & running game win the games for the Bills.

Skooby
05-30-2012, 08:20 AM
Well, the reality is the Bills have no chance or hope of a top 10 QB.........unless somehow Fitz or VY become that guy which is VERY doubtful.

IMO, the best we can hope for is Fitz becomes a GOOD game manager that will not lose games & let the defense & running game win the games for the Bills.

My feelings exactly, pray for a healthy defense / running game.

PTI
05-30-2012, 08:45 AM
It is funny how many people complain about me, then comment about me, and get people that like the comments. I am a popular guy. I am a person who also most correct as well.

Fitz has always been terrible. He was a nice story at first, but the Bills are an afterthought. As they get better, it will be found out once again that QB is the number one thing holding this team back, and Fitz will be shown to be a terrible starting NFL QB.

I tell everyone I know Fitz is awful and has terrible mechanics. I actually did get a check from ESPN for this.

SquishDaFish
05-30-2012, 09:00 AM
Trent you are not a popular guy in buffalo

PTI
05-30-2012, 09:09 AM

PTR

Please, he was awfule before that and after that, you can't take small stretches of people's careers and expect them to be that player over the course of a whole season, it doesn't even make sense to expect that.

OpIv37
05-30-2012, 09:12 AM
Ummmm..... not really sure how this is news.

The Bills said months ago that Lee was working on Fitz's mechanics, so the team isn't being shy about acknowledging the problem or the fact that they're trying to fix it.

This is just talking heads trying to find something relevant to say in the off-season.

justasportsfan
05-30-2012, 09:15 AM
I'd be more worried if Fitz's mechanics were great. That means there's no room for improvement. NOw I'm excited to see what he can do with better mechanics. 4,000 yards? :scratch:

PTI
05-30-2012, 09:22 AM
Trent you are not a popular guy in buffalo

Then you have idiots like this guy who never add any value to any thread at all, and sit there and has called me Trent like 40 times, not kidding in responses, thinking it is funny, and it is very, very sad, almost like he has some kind of a mental defect.

JCBills
05-30-2012, 09:25 AM

Lickers?

Nobody here has propped Fitz up. I don't think there are many if any on the Zone that sees Fitz as a long term answer.

But if thats how you have to operate in order to try to feel better than others have at it, we'll take a good laugh.

JCBills
05-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Then you have idiots like this guy who never add any value to any thread at all, and sit there and has called me Trent like 40 times, not kidding in responses, thinking it is funny, and it is very, very sad, almost like he has some kind of a mental defect.

We're trying to figure out why else you would have a blood feud with Fitz. The logical conclusion was you are Trent Edwards.

To lower yourself to an attempt at a personal attack is some weak sauce.

justasportsfan
05-30-2012, 09:32 AM

I think it's funny, Trent

Joe Fo Sho
05-30-2012, 09:39 AM
It is funny how many people complain about me, then comment about me, and get people that like the comments. I am a popular guy. I am a person who also most correct as well.

Laugh Out Loud.

mayotm
05-30-2012, 09:55 AM
Laugh Out Loud.That is funny. PTI constantly tells people how ignorant they are, yet he can't form a coherent sentence.

DraftBoy
05-30-2012, 11:08 AM

The Bills said months ago that Lee was working on Fitz's mechanics, so the team isn't being shy about acknowledging the problem or the fact that they're trying to fix it.

This is just talking heads trying to find something relevant to say in the off-season.

More so than that its been known for years. His mechanics got work in Cincy too. Its easy to see just watching him throw that he doesn't have the ideal mechanics. He's overcome them for the most part but in this offense where timing is everything its important for him to fix it as much as possible.

While some may scoff and say what does some small amount like .03 matter in terms of release time and the answer is everything.

QB mechanics are the second most vital part of being a successful QB.

That being said I dont think his mechanics are horrible, they just need to be refined.

BertSquirtgum
05-30-2012, 11:15 AM

I don't believe so. It was on NFL live and it was on a part that was called off season fixes or something like that. They were just showing what he does wrong and that David Lee believes it can be corrected. I have little faith though.

PTI
05-30-2012, 11:17 AM
That is funny. PTI constantly tells people how ignorant they are, yet he can't form a coherent sentence.

I will Alt-Tab back to my job, the sentence and spelling police obviously have lots of time on their hands, me, too busy and important for all that. You got my point, and it stands pat.

JCBills
05-30-2012, 11:20 AM
I will Alt-Tab back to my job, the sentence and spelling police obviously have lots of time on their hands, me, too busy and important for all that. You got my point, and it stands pat.

Wait, you have a point?

chernobylwraiths
05-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Have they said anything about Phillip River's mechanics?

DraftBoy
05-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Have they said anything about Phillip River's mechanics?

Rivers mechanics are streamlined. His mechanics aren't the issue it was his arm slot. He tends to release at a 3/4 or side arm point. His release is actually quite quick.

ddaryl
05-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Lickers?

Nobody here has propped Fitz up. I don't think there are many if any on the Zone that sees Fitz as a long term answer.

But if thats how you have to operate in order to try to feel better than others have at it, we'll take a good laugh.

The moment someone uses the words idiot or lickers that is the exact moment those posters become completely irrelevant.

I'm surprised at Saburzfan as I thought he was better then that, and smarter then that. As for PTI.. no surprises from him, fully expected the tantrum

PTI
05-30-2012, 12:14 PM
The moment someone uses the words idiot or lickers that is the exact moment those posters become completely irrelevant.

I'm surprised at Saburzfan as I thought he was better then that, and smarter then that. As for PTI.. no surprises from him, fully expected the tantrum

You mean response for people instigating, doing precisely what I am accused of? No surprises, you are right about that. People cannot defend their points so they call out, that is all they got and then the sheep mount each other all human centipede like.

Skooby
05-30-2012, 12:15 PM

Lickers is a reference for those that pander for the weak, defending one of our weakest fielded positions is pretty sad.

There's no Mario Williams Lickers or FJ Lickers, dudes that can play like that just rock.

gr8slayer
05-30-2012, 06:52 PM
Rivers mechanics are streamlined. His mechanics aren't the issue it was his arm slot. He tends to release at a 3/4 or side arm point. His release is actually quite quick.
Still some of the ugliest mechanics I've ever seen, but it works!