05-30-2012, 05:22 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7988821

YardRat
05-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Just get rid of the game already.

Skooby
05-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Just get rid of the game already.

Players want leverage for salary & without the Probowl, it's a loose choice for them pat talented.

Buffalogic
05-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Players want leverage for salary & without the Probowl, it's a loose choice.They don't need a cheesy game for that....

Setup an awards style show like the NHL...Figure it out Goodell.

Skooby
05-30-2012, 05:42 PM
They don't need a cheesy game for that....

Setup an awards style show like the NHL...Figure it out Goodell.

Like the NHL all-star game?

Buffalogic
05-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Like the NHL all-star game?No..dummy.

Skooby
05-30-2012, 06:46 PM
No..dummy.

Dummy? Ever watch an NHL All-star game? What's the typical score versus a regular game?

gr8slayer
05-30-2012, 06:53 PM
The Pro Bowl is an embarrassment to the sport of football.

Skooby
05-30-2012, 07:03 PM
The Pro Bowl is an embarrassment to the sport of football.

Leverage in business is never an embarrassment, it's posturing.

Joe Fo Sho
05-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Leverage in business is never an embarrassment, it's posturing.

They are still going to be voted to the Pro Bowl as always, but there will be no game. At least that's what I heard.

Skooby
05-30-2012, 07:45 PM
They are still going to be voted to the Pro Bowl as always, but there will be no game. At least that's what I heard.

Good for you man, I'll watch the game in 2013.

Joe Fo Sho
05-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Good for you man, I'll watch the game in 2013.

Well have fun, I can't wait to hear how bad the game was.

Skooby
05-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Well have fun, I can't wait to hear how bad the game was.

It is what it is man, trying to knock what it is seems a little weak to me.

SpillerThrills
05-30-2012, 09:46 PM
The problem with the Pro Bowl, compared to the NHL All Star game is that you can play hockey without a lot of physical contact. you can't do that in football. Basketball is the same way, you can showcase all the most talented players in the league without someone getting hurt. in football, you can't do that.

Joe Fo Sho
05-30-2012, 09:47 PM
It is what it is man, trying to knock what it is seems a little weak to me.

Right, it is what it is. So I'm not knocking it by saying it's crap, because that is what it is.

Why are you defending it? What do you like about it? The only thing I liked were the skills challenges, and I haven't seen those in years.

Skooby
05-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Right, it is what it is. So I'm not knocking it by saying it's crap, because that is what it is.

Why are you defending it? What do you like about it? The only thing I liked were the skills challenges, and I haven't seen those in years.

The Pro Bowl game needs improvement, I'll make no bones about that. There has to be a drafting order or SB advantage as to who wins. It's current format evokes nothing for those that play in it, so it's basically needs major changes.

G Wolly
05-31-2012, 01:06 AM
It's current format evokes nothing for those that play in it, so it's basically needs to end.

Fixed 4 U.

It's such a waste of time and sure doesn't boost the league's popularity or their business, as you claimed. A bunch of athletes making millions of dollars go to play a game where nothing matters.

The players get voted and sure it's an accomplishment to be recognized for your hard work. After the first quarter half of them never play another snap in that game.

Besides, what about guys like Freddy last year who played his ass off, was a top rusher in the league and was an all-around all-star. But due to his injury he was denied selection to the Pro Bowl because he couldn't play in it.

Replace the Pro Bowl game with some sort of other worthwhile activity such as an awards show, or skills competitions similar to the NHL All-Star weekend to increase popularity and gain viewers who don't want to see a meaningless game played where neither team has a definitive advantage.

/rant

Beebe's Kid
05-31-2012, 01:37 AM
The problem with the Pro Bowl, compared to the NHL All Star game is that you can play hockey without a lot of physical contact. you can't do that in football. Basketball is the same way, you can showcase all the most talented players in the league without someone getting hurt. in football, you can't do that.
...and in baseball you can have a homerun derby...good luck pulling that off at a football game.

Skooby
05-31-2012, 06:03 AM
Does this one game really matter that much??

Fixed 4 U.

It's such a waste of time and sure doesn't boost the league's popularity or their business, as you claimed. A bunch of athletes making millions of dollars go to play a game where nothing matters.

The players get voted and sure it's an accomplishment to be recognized for your hard work. After the first quarter half of them never play another snap in that game.

Besides, what about guys like Freddy last year who played his ass off, was a top rusher in the league and was an all-around all-star. But due to his injury he was denied selection to the Pro Bowl because he couldn't play in it.

Replace the Pro Bowl game with some sort of other worthwhile activity such as an awards show, or skills competitions similar to the NHL All-Star weekend to increase popularity and gain viewers who don't want to see a meaningless game played where neither team has a definitive advantage.

/rant

Johnny Bugmenot
05-31-2012, 06:48 AM
Two reasons:

1) The players' union refused to let the game be canceled, so soon after negotiating a long-term CBA.

2) The league didn't want to lose the revenue ESPN had already agreed to pay for rights to the game through 2021.

We're going to be stuck with this contest for a while.

Joe Fo Sho
05-31-2012, 07:44 AM
The Pro Bowl game needs improvement, I'll make no bones about that. There has to be a drafting order or SB advantage as to who wins. It's current format evokes nothing for those that play in it, so it's basically needs major changes.

So you don't like anything about the way it is currently? Why are you defending something that needs 'major changes' as you say?

Skooby
05-31-2012, 07:56 AM
So you don't like anything about the way it is currently? Why are you defending something that needs 'major changes' as you say?

I want them to bring back the distance throws, obstacle courses & that stuff. MLB awards homefield advantage to who wins the their All-star game, but that wouldn't work in the NFL.

The game is unnecessary the way it's played right now but it is tradition, they'll modify it (I hope).

Luisito23
05-31-2012, 08:33 AM
The Pro-bowl sucks, but if Mitch likes it, who cares?

Joe Fo Sho
05-31-2012, 08:40 AM
The Pro-bowl sucks, but if Mitch likes it, who cares?

Well, it seems like the only thing he likes about it is that it's tradition.

Skooby
05-31-2012, 08:45 AM
Well, it seems like the only thing he likes about it is that it's tradition.

I'm a fiddler on the roof kinda guy, LOL.