PDA

View Full Version : 2 Buffalo Bills players that don't deserve a roster spot

Skooby
05-31-2012, 07:57 PM
What 2 Buffalo Bills players deserve to be booted ??

YardRat
05-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Ruvell Martin and Tyler Thigpen.

BillsOverDolphins
05-31-2012, 08:32 PM
Tyler Thigpen and Chris Kelsay

PTI
05-31-2012, 08:32 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tyler Thigpen.

Skooby
05-31-2012, 08:33 PM

I had you penciled in for these guys as a choice, lol.

Mr. Pink
05-31-2012, 08:36 PM
Pigpen and McGee.

BillsOverDolphins
05-31-2012, 08:36 PM
Pigpen and McGee.
This works too.

Extremebillsfan247
05-31-2012, 08:40 PM
What 2 Buffalo Bills players deserve to be booted ??As of right now, everyone that hasn't been cut yet has earned the right to get a shot. Once TC begins, and these players start working in pads, that's when the gloves come off. JMO

Homegrown
05-31-2012, 08:44 PM
Pigpens winning this in a landslide...

Mr. Pink
05-31-2012, 08:46 PM
Pigpens winning this in a landslide...

There is zero chance he's on the roster in September.

I know I'm going out on a huge limb saying that :rofl:

casdhf
05-31-2012, 08:48 PM
I don't see what Jasper has done to warrant a spot. I also think that Easly is a waste of a space.

Meathead
05-31-2012, 09:00 PM
Chris Kelsay
http://rlv.zcache.com/im_with_stupid_logo_2_less_dark_level_2_tshirt-p235303433230501027b2s0p_400.jpg

TigerJ
05-31-2012, 09:23 PM
I'll go with Thigpen and inject one new name into the mix, Donald Jones.

BertSquirtgum
05-31-2012, 09:26 PM

That's all folks.

ZAZusmc03
05-31-2012, 09:28 PM
Thigpen and Choice. I think they both suck ass

bigbub2352
05-31-2012, 09:55 PM
brad smith and chris kelsay...throw in ruvell martin and leodis mckelvin

Mr. Miyagi
05-31-2012, 09:57 PM
Nailed it.

Skooby
05-31-2012, 10:04 PM

My 2 as well, you guys are good.

BertSquirtgum
05-31-2012, 10:52 PM
There are actually more than two that shouldn't be on the roster. I agree with Tashard Choice. I think he is absolutely terrible. I also don't know what these guys see in Donald Jones. He is just as bad as Ruvell Martin.

BertSquirtgum
05-31-2012, 10:54 PM
Brad Smith is a waste of a roster spot too. They brought him in to return the ball and he ****ing sucks to high heaven at it. I don't think he ever gained more than ten yards on a return last year. It looked like goofy old man Bill Walton was returning the ball.

we are
05-31-2012, 11:41 PM
Choice and thigpen

Choice over Martin because i know chan loves choice and will give him the ball in crucial situations (if Jackson is out again)

BillsOverDolphins
06-01-2012, 01:57 AM
http://rlv.zcache.com/im_with_stupid_logo_2_less_dark_level_2_tshirt-p235303433230501027b2s0p_400.jpg
If not for the Bills, he would've been out of the league years ago. He's managed to be virtually invisible for 10 years while still remaining in the league.

Pretty neat feat, all things considered.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-01-2012, 02:22 AM
Thigpen, ruvell martin

SquishDaFish
06-01-2012, 04:49 AM
Thigpen and Martin

John Doe
06-01-2012, 05:11 AM
Jones deserves to be on the roster because he won the starting wide receiver spot opposite SJ over all the other receivers that were in camp last year.

kishoph
06-01-2012, 05:32 AM
Thigpen and Choice. I think they both suck ass

These would be my choices, Thigpen because if they could not trust him enough to put him in when Fitz was injured and could of used a week or two to heal up a little, then he has no place on the team. Choice, mainly because he took away carries away from Spiller and did nothing with them. I'm also not the biggest Ruvell Martin fan, he'd be the 3rd man out the door.

Night Train
06-01-2012, 05:42 AM
Tom Cousineau & Tony Hunter.

Meathead
06-01-2012, 08:41 AM
crazy

if kelsey were released he would be snapped up in a second and starting for at least a third of the teams in the league

PTI
06-01-2012, 08:47 AM
These would be my choices, Thigpen because if they could not trust him enough to put him in when Fitz was injured and could of used a week or two to heal up a little, then he has no place on the team. Choice, mainly because he took away carries away from Spiller and did nothing with them. I'm also not the biggest Ruvell Martin fan, he'd be the 3rd man out the door.

I will repeat this, Fitz had to of been cleared well enough to play. I do not believe it had anything to do with trust in Thigpen. It had to do with the Bills paying 60 million to Fitzpatrick much more than not trusting Thigpen, but I still contend Fitz was fine to play, he was just horrible.

mayotm
06-01-2012, 08:48 AM
crazy

if kelsey were released he would be snapped up in a second and starting for at least a third of the teams in the leagueI agree. Kelsay hasn't been quite as bad as some people make him out to be. He's somewhere around average to slightly below average. He committed the sin of signing a large contract extension when many felt he didn't deserve it. I'm sure there are plenty of his critics that would turn down huge raises from their company's even if they were only an average employee.

PTI
06-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Kelsey might be overpaid but is still a very productive and worthwhile player for just about any NFL team.

justasportsfan
06-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Kelsay may not be a domnant player but he's been a very good role player.

Skooby
06-01-2012, 08:55 AM
I will repeat this, Fitz had to of been cleared well enough to play. I do not believe it had anything to do with trust in Thigpen. It had to do with the Bills paying 60 million to Fitzpatrick much more than not trusting Thigpen, but I still contend Fitz was fine to play, he was just horrible.

Thanks for re-re-re-re..........................Clarifying your position on Fitz.

PTI
06-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Thanks for re-re-re-re..........................Clarifying your position on Fitz.

I did not believe I was clear. Also, there is a poll on the other side of the board that says 46% of Americans are morons. I believe it is much higher.

Skooby
06-01-2012, 09:08 AM
I did not believe I was clear.

You've beat the horse to glue, it's clear now. The question is now that we're all on the same page, what side of that poll are you on from here on out ?

PTI
06-01-2012, 09:21 AM
You've beat the horse to glue, it's clear now. The question is now that we're all on the same page, what side of that poll are you on from here on out ?

I am on the side where the Bills try to establish the run most every game and the QB only throws about 25 times. Try to see if the defense can lead the team, win a lot of 20-17 and 24-20 games. Try not to get blown out 4 times again.

TacklingDummy
06-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Kelsay and McGee

stuckincincy
06-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Brad Smith is a waste of a roster spot too. They brought him in to return the ball and he ****ing sucks to high heaven at it. I don't think he ever gained more than ten yards on a return last year. It looked like goofy old man Bill Walton was returning the ball.

Dunno about his contract - might be a bite if they cut him. He does serve as a 3rd qb.

IMO, I can't see why any team carries 3 qbs, unless it's to protect a prospect. These days, by the time you have to put one in, you are probably already sunk if you are down 2 scores.

we are
06-01-2012, 12:57 PM
crazy

if kelsey were released he would be snapped up in a second and starting for at least a third of the teams in the league

I remember people saying this about Josh Reed as well.

Oaf
06-01-2012, 01:56 PM
McKillop, Martin

ParanoidAndroid
06-01-2012, 02:16 PM
I remember people saying this about Josh Reed as well.

False equivalency. He's a solid player who will benefit by having good players around him. He's not the type of player you build around. You won't find much better for a depth/rotational player. My bet is that he'll have the best year of his career in the sack department.

Josh Reed didn't fit with San Diego, got cut down partly because his contract was not cost effective and then walked away from the game.

thenry20
06-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Kelsay and Kelsay :)

Beebe's Kid
06-01-2012, 05:05 PM
It is funny seeing how many people are influenced by board chatter, and clearly lack the ability to watch the games and make a decision on their own. Cutting Kelsay would be a donation to who ever signs him. Donald Jones is an excellent blocking WR, and while #2 might be too high for him, he definitely deserves a spot on the roster. Choice was not awful, and got the 3rd string position upon arrival...Johnny White was not good enough to get on the field...but he was a draft pick, which means that he has POTENTIAL, and despite us being kicked in the dick for a ****ing decade by waitin on potential...there are a lot of people who want to keep on keeping on.

Martin was terrible last year, and I would say he was probably our weakest link at WR. Thigpen will be gone if VY gets through camp uninjured. There are a lot of players that are going to be cleaning out their lockers, because they are not NFL players...It would make zero sense to cut real players...especially because he didn't meet some insane all-world expectations that many seem to hold every player to.

Skooby
06-01-2012, 05:33 PM
It is funny seeing how many people are influenced by board chatter, and clearly lack the ability to watch the games and make a decision on their own. Cutting Kelsay would be a donation to who ever signs him. Donald Jones is an excellent blocking WR, and while #2 might be too high for him, he definitely deserves a spot on the roster. Choice was not awful, and got the 3rd string position upon arrival...Johnny White was not good enough to get on the field...but he was a draft pick, which means that he has POTENTIAL, and despite us being kicked in the dick for a ****ing decade by waitin on potential...there are a lot of people who want to keep on keeping on.

Martin was terrible last year, and I would say he was probably our weakest link at WR. Thigpen will be gone if VY gets through camp uninjured. There are a lot of players that are going to be cleaning out their lockers, because they are not NFL players...It would make zero sense to cut real players...especially because he didn't meet some insane all-world expectations that many seem to hold every player to.

Ruvell & Thigpen, got it.

Historian
06-02-2012, 06:01 AM
Kelsay and the kicker that pinch hit for Lindell.

Buffalo Roam'er
06-03-2012, 12:23 PM

That's dumb! Thigpen yes and Fitz no. Don't even go there!

Buffalo Roam'er
06-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Ruvell Martin and Tyler Thigpen

Buffalo Roam'er
06-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Kelsay and Kelsay :)

Coach Wannestad likes Kelsay as a part time player and good, not great backup for DE on either side. He's not going anywhere at least till his contract comes up again! Makes no difference to what the board posters think or want when it comes to Kelsay. Makes no difference that he makes 5 or 6 mil a years b/c that's cheap when compared to Mario's or Marks annual salary.

PTI
06-03-2012, 12:37 PM
That's dumb! Thigpen yes and Fitz no. Don't even go there!

They both are dreadful.

BillsOverDolphins
06-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Coach Wannestad likes Kelsay as a part time player and good, not great backup for DE on either side. He's not going anywhere at least till his contract comes up again! Makes no difference to what the board posters think or want when it comes to Kelsay. Makes no difference that he makes 5 or 6 mil a years b/c that's cheap when compared to Mario's or Marks annual salary.

Does Kelsay really make that much? Dear God his agent fleeced us...

Forward_Lateral
06-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Kelsay and the kicker that pinch hit for Lindell.

Rayner? He's gone, thank God.

X-Era
06-04-2012, 12:14 PM
If most everyone agrees its Martin and Thigpen there is good news...

It appears we have only 2...

ServoBillieves
06-04-2012, 12:38 PM
That's dumb! Thigpen yes and Fitz no. Don't even go there! Did you not know who PTI was before this?

kishoph
06-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Does Kelsay really make that much? Dear God his agent fleeced us...

Kelsay's salary is $3.5 Million this year, sure he'll make more with bonuses, but what stating player doesn't. There were at least 3 DE's that made over $15 Million last season, the franchise tag for a DE is $9 Million, the transition tag almost $8 Million, it's not like Kelsay is a top paid DE. Last season he had 5 sacks and 2 FF's playing as a part time DE for 12 games on a team that overall had a hard time sacking the QB. Add to it that he is a respected veteran and a 3 time defensive Captain (probably a good chance he'll be named again this season) there's more to his worth than just his on field play. He had no business being moved to a LB position and has played well when he's down on the line. Also I have no problem for rewarding a player that's played hard for the team for 10 years, and is now at the end of his career. Saying the Bills got fleeced for paying for a player that's probably being paid less than many players at his position that do not have his experience, his skill or his results to me sounds like bandwagon bashing.

Cali512
06-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Choice was great for Dallas. Alot of fans wanted him to start on there team an were pissed when they let him go. Give him this year, you will see. He was part of there 3 headed monster and would be part of ours also. Jones deserves a spot because the only thing stopping him last year was his injury. We never truly got to see how good he would become. Thigpen definitely deserves to be gone, and with how many drops Martin has had, he should be out IMMEDIATELY