PDA

View Full Version : The Optimism Is Real This Time, Not Imagined

Night Train
06-02-2012, 07:12 AM
I know it's all on paper still.. but this roster and coaching staff has improved dramatically in the last couple of years. Still work to do but it's not fake optimism through the eyes of a homer anymore. The difference.

1. Better Coaching
2. Schemes fitting the roster.
3. Increased talent at positions of need.
4. No distractions with contracts, diva's.

Still work to do and not predicting any amount of wins... but the foundation of near term success has been established,instead of trying to make a case for a flawed roster through the eyes of a homer.
I doubt the D will be ranked 29th anymore, giving up tons of yards and unable to get off the field. The 4-3 scheme and the players we have for it looks extremely encouraging, in addition to having Wanny running it.
I think Gailey can figure out an O to use his weapons and score a few more points while keeping his QB's upright.

Feels far different this year, doesn't it ?

mybills
06-02-2012, 07:26 AM
I'm pretty confident. Barring majory injuries that wipe them out again, this should be a great year for the Bills. :up:

better days
06-02-2012, 07:59 AM
The optimism I have had about Chan & Buddy since the day they were hired was always real.

Meathead
06-02-2012, 08:07 AM
yes ... but

truth is you never know with major sports. crappy teams come out of nowhere to win a title (warners rams), and apparent powerhouses fold like a house of kleenex (mexicos eagles)

im optimistic most years but yeah im especially eager for this season to start. i cant wait to see all the new toys combined with the maturation of the systems and players, which will all culminate in me getting my soul crushed to bits and turning my attention to hockey

NOT THE DUDE...
06-02-2012, 09:00 AM
this is the year to make a run.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-02-2012, 09:00 AM
im predicting 12-4

Extremebillsfan247
06-02-2012, 09:28 AM
I know it's all on paper still.. but this roster and coaching staff has improved dramatically in the last couple of years. Still work to do but it's not fake optimism through the eyes of a homer anymore. The difference.

1. Better Coaching

Still work to do and not predicting any amount of wins... but the foundation of near term success has been established,instead of trying to make a case for a flawed roster through the eyes of a homer.
I doubt the D will be ranked 29th anymore, giving up tons of yards and unable to get off the field. The 4-3 scheme and the players we have for it looks extremely encouraging, in addition to having Wanny running it.
I think Gailey can figure out an O to use his weapons and score a few more points while keeping his QB's upright.

Feels far different this year, doesn't it ?It does feel different. This is probably the best coaching staff this team has had in a very long time. Over the past couple of years we seen a team slowly but surely add some great pieces from coaching to player personnel. Of course, it was an ugly going to get to this point. But it definitely feels like we now have something special happening with this team. Only time will tell if it works, but it definitely looks promising. JMO

YardRat
06-02-2012, 11:51 AM
I remember feeling like this before, in the mid-80's.

Skooby
06-02-2012, 12:48 PM
I need to see Nov / Dec wins, we've faded to black too many times recently.

acehole
06-02-2012, 12:58 PM
In a game of inches.....

Sabs moms...wants them all..

Seriously....NFL is full of parody...it is not the fans that have to believe it is the players....and I am getting the sense that they all do...

Simple law of attraction.

1. Better Coaching

Feels far different this year, doesn't it ?

Oaf
06-02-2012, 04:25 PM
I bet we can find a thread like this for 2005, 2007, 2009, even last year.

Ginger Vitis
06-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Seriously....NFL is full of parody..

WTF?

TigerJ
06-02-2012, 07:32 PM
We have made significant improvements in several areas. Depth is somewhat better. The odds are good that we'll have a somewhat better season at least, but injury is always the wild card. A few key injuries can muck up the best hopes for a good season.

Night Train
06-02-2012, 08:43 PM
I bet we can find a thread like this for 2005, 2007, 2009, even last year.
Our rosters were almost identical in talent.

Wait...

acehole
06-02-2012, 10:27 PM
WTF?

It means alot of teams are closely matched.

Skooby
06-02-2012, 10:43 PM
In a game of inches.....

Sabs moms...wants them all..

Seriously....NFL is full of parody...it is not the fans that have to believe it is the players....and I am getting the sense that they all do...

Simple law of attraction.

Your Mom is like a grand central station doorknob, except people her to close up at some point.

BillsOverDolphins
06-03-2012, 12:13 AM
First time I've been quasi-optimistic since 2003. Hope we stay healthy--and I pray to God somebody other than Stevie steps up in the passing game.

better days
06-03-2012, 01:10 AM
It means alot of teams are closely matched.

The word you are looking for is parity.

Oaf
06-03-2012, 02:42 AM
Our rosters were almost identical in talent.

Wait...
Actually, they're pretty similar. Go ahead and post them and we can take a look.

PTI
06-03-2012, 08:43 AM
Chan Gailey is as stubborn as they come, just as stuborn as Dick Jauron, not capable of making adjustments, he sucks as a HC.

Easy schedule is what helps, that is if they can win a few of the games 4 through 9.

better days
06-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Chan Gailey is as stubborn as they come, just as stuborn as Dick Jauron, not capable of making adjustments, he sucks as a HC.

Easy schedule is what helps, that is if they can win a few of the games 4 through 9.

Well, the fact Chan benched Trent then cut him after only a few games is proof Gailey is not as stuborn or stupid as Jauron.

Skooby
06-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Well, the fact Chan benched Trent then cut him after only a few games is proof Gailey is not as stuborn or stupid as Jauron.

This is my take on it, Chan cuts to the chase pretty quick when it's dead to right obvious.

YardRat
06-03-2012, 09:26 AM

Hmmmm...Should this be filed under 'Future Excuses if they win' or 'Reasons to cut Fitz if they lose' ?

bf1
06-03-2012, 10:01 AM
WR is a major concern of mine.

acehole
06-04-2012, 10:54 AM
The word you are looking for is parity.

Yes ...yes it was.